Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,309 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Lil Frosh: 10 Celebrities That Have Lost Contracts For Various Offenses - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lil Frosh: 10 Celebrities That Have Lost Contracts For Various Offenses (2025 Views)

10 Celebrities Who Changed Just One Thing About Their Looks (Photos) / Davido Welcomes Lil Frosh To Dubai / Davido Signs Lil Frosh To DMW, AMW Record Label (2) (3) (4)

Lil Frosh: 10 Celebrities That Have Lost Contracts For Various Offenses by pocohantas(f): 9:27pm On Oct 06, 2020
Recently news of Davido’s DMW signee of 2weeks, @Lhilfrosh who beat up his girlfriend @thacutegeminme was brought to the public and I was amused by some opinions.

I still find it surprising that a lot of Nigerians (Nairalanders) do not know how much the actions of one person can do massive damage to a brand. I saw some people calling Davido a simp for revoking Lhilfrosh’s contract. Some said his personal life has nothing to do with his career- how do people come up with this logic? You are an extension of your organization, church, school, family...etc. If you think your PERSONAL life is not their business, then go live in a cave, in some remote Island.

During the Babcock girl saga (I can’t remember her name, but I know she was affiliated to Babcock- that is how it works), I wrote about why organizations react the way they do HERE and I implore people oblivious of how the real world works to read and assimilate that thread.

Most endorsement deals/contracts also tend to come with moral clauses that let the company exit the contract if the celebrity lands in trouble or tarnishes their REPUTATION.

Re: Lil Frosh: 10 Celebrities That Have Lost Contracts For Various Offenses by pocohantas(f): 9:28pm On Oct 06, 2020
Today I will be showing us celebrities who lost huge deals for issues in their private lives.

1- CHRIS BROWN

I don’t know which to mention and which to leave, but following his case with Rihanna, Chris brown lost contracts, his songs weren’t being played and at some point, he was even refused a visa to the UK where he had a tour, all because of that case.

2- TIGER WOODS// Accenture, AT&T, Gatorade, Buick

In 2010 a highly publicized affair involving a car crash and eventually, a $100 million divorce led to all but one of his major blue-chip sponsors dropping him. He lost deals with Accenture, AT&T, Gatorade, Buick, all valued at $22 million.

3- OSCAR PISTORIUS// Nike, Oakley, Thierry Mugler

In 2013, Olympic champion racer Oscar Pistorius shot and killed his girlfriend, model Reeva Steenkamp. He was later convicted of murder. The double amputee’s sponsors promptly began to break ties with him, who was highly marketable because of his inspirational backstory. The South African was eventually sentenced to six years in prison, a sentence that was criticized as too light by his detractors.

4- WAYNE ROONEY// Coca-Cola

In 2010, Wayne Rooney was in the news after allegations of cheating on his then-pregnant wife. Although Coca-Cola took him out of their ads for Coke Zero, the brand still maintained its relationship with Rooney. Then, after a series of events- including an on-air, foul-mouthed rant, Coca-Cola dropped the British soccer star. The contract was valued at 600,000 pounds per year.

5- KOBE BRYANT// McDonald’s, Coca-Cola, Nutella, Spalding

Before 2003, Kobe Bryant was squeaky clean and infinitely marketable. That all changed after a rape allegation, which the married five-time champion and Olympic gold medalist insisted was a consensual encounter in a Colorado hotel. The alleged victim would eventually refuse to testify after accepting an undisclosed sum of money from Bryant. May his soul continue to rest in peace.

6- SHARON STONE// Christian Dior

In 2008, over 69,000 lost their lives when a massive earthquake hit Southwest China. Sharon Stone saw that as an opportunity to get political as she suggested it was a case of karma because of Beijing’s treatment of Tibet. She later apologized but it was too late as her modelling contract was cancelled. Christian Dior said they do not support any commentary that hurts their customers.

7- MANNY PACQUIAO// Nike

Pac made homophobic comments with a local TV station in 2016 and it led to lots of controversy. Nike made no excuses for Pacquiao’s remarks and issued a statement that noted, "We find Manny Pacquiao's comments abhorrent. Nike strongly opposes discrimination of any kind and has a long history of supporting and standing up for the rights of the LGBT community. We no longer have a relationship with Manny Pacquiao."

8- RONALDINHO// Coca-cola

Brazilian footballer Ronaldinho was axed from his Coca-Cola sponsorship deal after appearing with a can of Pepsi during a press conference at Atletico Minerio in 2012. The mistake allegedly cost the FC Barcelona ambassador £1 million in unpaid earnings, the fizzy drinks company said the whole thing was "embarrassing".

9- MICHAEL PHELPS// Kelloggs

Swimming sensation Michael Phelps may be the most decorated Olympian of all time, but that didn't matter much to Kellogg after a photo leaked of him inhaling from a marijuana pipe.

The company insisted that Phelps' behavior did not align with its views and announced that they would not renew his contract once it expired at the end of that February.

10. PAULA DEEN

Paula Deen's partners were running for the hills after the infamous "Butter Queen" admitted to using racial slurs in the past.

The severed relationships included big names such as Walmart, Smithfield, Novo Nordisk, QVC, Target, Caesars Entertainment, Whit-Ash Furnishings, and Home Depot.

SOURCE 1

SOURCE 2

Re: Lil Frosh: 10 Celebrities That Have Lost Contracts For Various Offenses by pocohantas(f): 9:28pm On Oct 06, 2020
I know we normalize bad behaviour in Nigeria, but there was nothing out of place in Davido’s (DMW) action. Davido is associated with reputable brands and you expect him to have an abuser in his team because he isn’t a simp? Please, if you ever have to sign any contract, read it well, so you don’t call anyone SIMP for disciplining you. It is a different world out there.

However, if Lhil Frosh feels slighted, he can sue DMW. Thank you...

Re: Lil Frosh: 10 Celebrities That Have Lost Contracts For Various Offenses by Jafar1: 9:32pm On Oct 06, 2020
While other signed artistes like Fireboy DML and Rema are busy releasing hit tracks, this one is busy assaulting ladies....

Why won't Davido cancel his contract?

Re: Lil Frosh: 10 Celebrities That Have Lost Contracts For Various Offenses by SnOOpERr: 9:37pm On Oct 06, 2020
Tiger Woods. E shock me. E pain me
Re: Lil Frosh: 10 Celebrities That Have Lost Contracts For Various Offenses by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 06, 2020
That Gorilla Wasiu a.k.a Lhilfrosh is a good for nothing beast who couldn't control his anger....

Thank heavens Davido handled the situation very maturely, if not, the Gorilla would have been leaving some horrible marks and life threatening wounds on his fans.

I still feel sorry for Chris Brown though, dude lost friends, foes, mouthwatering contracts and most importantly, he lost weight for treating Rihanna the way he did, he was more like the biblical "Job"

Re: Lil Frosh: 10 Celebrities That Have Lost Contracts For Various Offenses by confistified(m): 9:43pm On Oct 06, 2020
Nice
Re: Lil Frosh: 10 Celebrities That Have Lost Contracts For Various Offenses by izzou(m): 9:43pm On Oct 06, 2020
Davido should have terminated Peruzzi's contract after the rape tweets too tongue

Davido did the right thing
Re: Lil Frosh: 10 Celebrities That Have Lost Contracts For Various Offenses by pocohantas(f): 9:43pm On Oct 06, 2020
Jafar1:
While other signed artistes like Fireboy DML and Rema are busy releasing hit tracks, this one is busy assaulting ladies....

Why won't Davido cancel his contract?

Can you imagine the nonsense? Olamide in all his street, didn’t have any artiste that brought such disrepute to his label. This is the first time I am hearing of this young man and it has to be bad news. When his mates are releasing good songs, he is using his own energy to beat his gf.

Davido did what is best for a brand. Lhil Frosh is from the streets and to the streets he should return. Anyone so sympathetic to his case should take it up pro bono or set up a GofundMe for him.

Re: Lil Frosh: 10 Celebrities That Have Lost Contracts For Various Offenses by pocohantas(f): 9:52pm On Oct 06, 2020
izzou:
Davido should have terminated Peruzzi's contract after the rape tweets too tongue

Davido did the right thing

You know people work overtime. Someone would go remind Davido of this very soon grin.

The thing is, Davido can choose to stand by him, but it isn’t his right. Revoking his contract isn’t out of place too.
Re: Lil Frosh: 10 Celebrities That Have Lost Contracts For Various Offenses by BigJoe19: 9:58pm On Oct 06, 2020
Abeg make we rest, the boy may even be more successful in another profession, the way people just dey fire missiles on the guy like say dem never do bad thing before.
Re: Lil Frosh: 10 Celebrities That Have Lost Contracts For Various Offenses by pocohantas(f): 10:01pm On Oct 06, 2020
BigJoe19:
Abeg make we rest, the boy may even be more successful in another profession, the way people just dey fire missiles on the guy like say dem never do bad thing before.

This is a convenient excuse for apologists. The fact that we sin differently from our politicians hasn’t stopped us from castigating them. So we would throw as much missiles on the case, there is no law against that. People need to know that their private lives can affect their careers.

No we won’t rest, you can rest if you want.

Re: Lil Frosh: 10 Celebrities That Have Lost Contracts For Various Offenses by BigJoe19: 11:58pm On Oct 06, 2020
pocohantas:

This is a convenient excuse for apologists. The fact that we sin differently from our politicians hasn’t stopped us from castigating them. So we would throw as much missiles on the case, there is no law against that. People need to know that their private lives can affect their careers.

No we won’t rest, you can rest if you want.
Ok, why not take the case to the police so they can arrest him, Mother Theresa.
Re: Lil Frosh: 10 Celebrities That Have Lost Contracts For Various Offenses by pocohantas(f): 12:05am On Oct 07, 2020
BigJoe19:
Ok, why not take the case to the police so they can arrest him, Mother Theresa.

I don’t need to take the case to the police, the case has been taken there. Better prepare a redpill lawyer to defend him, he would be needing one, Adolf Hitler.

Re: Lil Frosh: 10 Celebrities That Have Lost Contracts For Various Offenses by BigJoe19: 12:11am On Oct 07, 2020
pocohantas:

I don’t need to take the case to the police, the case has been taken there. Better prepare a redpill lawyer to defend him, he would be needing one, Adolf Hitler.
What has Redpill got to do with this?
Re: Lil Frosh: 10 Celebrities That Have Lost Contracts For Various Offenses by Gabe427: 2:10am On Oct 07, 2020
That a whole lot of legends on that list from Rooney to Ronaldinho to The great Mamba

one thing I know is that most of them were dealing with one issues on the other and did not handle it well which led to further controversy

but what makes them legendary is their comeback

from Kobe getting two more rings to TW going on a winning streak.

Not that I condole the actions of like frosh but I hope he sorts out his issues come back clean and straight headed.

it would be a shame for his career to end without starting. I mean there was a reason David signed him in the first place.
Re: Lil Frosh: 10 Celebrities That Have Lost Contracts For Various Offenses by olapeju39759: 5:31am On Oct 07, 2020
While variety signed singers like Fireboy DML and Rema are work releasing hit songs, this two is work assaulting gals....Why won't Davido cancel his deal?
Re: Lil Frosh: 10 Celebrities That Have Lost Contracts For Various Offenses by Kondomatic(m): 5:51am On Oct 07, 2020
Both the boy and the girl are mad.

The world too is mad else what would that boy be doing with a woman?

The girl is mad because she chose money over her life, I mean this wasn't the first, second or even third time that this has happened yet she stayed.

Re: Lil Frosh: 10 Celebrities That Have Lost Contracts For Various Offenses by 1Sharon(f): 11:44am On Oct 07, 2020
Where is Nick Cannon? For talking about the touchables
Re: Lil Frosh: 10 Celebrities That Have Lost Contracts For Various Offenses by Alexaonfleek: 12:41am On Oct 09, 2020
BigJoe19:

It appears that the only profession he will be successful at is illegal boxing.
Re: Lil Frosh: 10 Celebrities That Have Lost Contracts For Various Offenses by EarlRagnar2(m): 3:51pm On Nov 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Meet Designer Who Created Viral 'E Choke' Outfit Says He Wants Davido To Rock It / Luchy Donalds Flaunting Her Curves In Sexy Outfits / “adulterous Twerker” – Tonto Dikeh Blast Celebrity Dancer, Janemena