Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,464 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Reno’s Response To The American (bevelyn Beatty) Who Blasted Nigeria As Trash - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Reno’s Response To The American (bevelyn Beatty) Who Blasted Nigeria As Trash (918 Views)

Show The Tangible Progress, Not Your Butts, Reno Omokri Reacts At #10yearschall / Nigerian Man Eats Police Money For The First Time In His Life. See His Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reno’s Response To The American (bevelyn Beatty) Who Blasted Nigeria As Trash by celinajumbo11(f): 11:09pm On Oct 06, 2020
Reno Omokri has responded to an American, Bevelyn Beatty who blasted Nigeria as trash.

In his word, he said, “Two days ago, there was a video that went viral by an African-American woman by name Bevelyn Beatty, she had a friend and have had an altercation with an Uber driver in Switzerland and it bordered on Donald Trump and she had some choice words to say about Nigeria and Nigerians and I noticed that, put the video on my YouTube page and it went viral from my YouTube page and lots of Nigerians took outrage on what she said and we tracked her down to her Facebook page with comments and she also hit back.

One of the thing she said about Nigeria is that our ancestors sold her ancestors to slavery in America, we should not feel bad because that’s why they are doing better than Africans. A lot of Africans are Nigerians and are angry about that.

“I believe that Miss Beatty might have been misinformed about the true situation of slavery and I really encourage her to read the work of Henry Lewisgate, he is also researcher like myself. He researched in this subject.

“Last year I was in 32 countries, a lot of them in Africa and I researched this seriously.

“It’s a misconception to think that Black people sold other black people as slaves to Europeans and then they sent them to the new world, Americans, Carribean.

“It’s not actually true. The vast majority of slaves that were traded in the trans-Atlantic slave trade were actually raided by Arab slave traders, for example Samuel Ajayi Crowder, he was a bishop of the Church of England and he is one of the people that helped spread Christianity into the hinterland of Nigeria.

“This man was raided by Arab slave traders in his village called Iseyin, in oyo State in Nigeria and was sold to the Portuguese.

“That’s how most slaves got to Europe, American and the carribean. It wasn’t black people selling black people. It was the Arab raiders.

“Only two years ago, I was in Zanzibar and lots of people didn’t know that Zanzibar was governed by Arab slave traders up until January 12, 1964. More than 60% of the slaves taken from East African went through the port of Zanzibar.

“There’s a town in Zanzibar just before you crossed the Indian Ocean, it’s called Bulanwayo, which means I put my heart on the ground by inference, African slaves where like my heart is broken.

“Arab slave traders invades the hinterland, attack villages, take black people over the Indian Ocean to Zanzibar, from there they will go on ships.

“It was not until the 12th of January 1964 that the blacks in Zanzibar rose up.

“One of the largest black nation in Africa is Mozambique, mozambique is actually named after an Arab Slave trader, Muzam Bique.

“I have been there and know this for sure. A lot of these slaves shiped from Southern Africa where actually shipped from Mozambique and Angola. It wasn’t black people that were selling black people.

“Black people lived in communities and villages at that time. We didn’t have countries.

“I went to David Livingstones’ house at Zanzibar and also went to his house in modern day Zambia. Livingstone was actually fighting to expose these Arab slave traders by writing letters to England just to stop the trade. Those letters still exist.

“The reason why African-American and African-carribean believes in this fallacy that it was the blacks who sold their brothers into slavery is because thats what the slave plantation owners wanted you to believe, to make you dissociated and hate your root and your brothers.

“Now, you believe in these lies. Look at the movie called “Asante”, it actually depict the true picture of the reality of the story of slave trade.

“Another error by Bevelyn, is that she’s under this impression that Nigerians hate Donald Trump. You could not be more wrong. Donald Trump is actually popular in Nigeria especially in southern Nigeria.

“Of course there are people who naturally oppose him, it’s their opinion.

“I was interviewed by the BBC and told them that Donald Trump was going to win, they laughed and mocked me. I contributed my resources and it’s not just me, a lot of Nigerians likes Donald Trump.

“So, don’t get this idea that we all hate Donald Trump.

“We as black people, we have to work together because if we are so divided like this, we are never going to rise, we will always be the dread of society, we have to be united.

“Get rid of this idea that we sold you guys into slavery, No! It’s not true.

“Read the work of Henry Lewisgate, he is a researcher on this subject as a researcher like myself.

“I urged every African to come together, let’s find common ground”.

Reno Omokri: #1 Bestselling author of Facts Versus Fiction: The True Story of the Jonathan Years. Avid traveller. Hollywood Magazine Film Festival Humanitarian of the Year, 2019.

Reference link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRRdWm5eUj0

1 Like

Re: Reno’s Response To The American (bevelyn Beatty) Who Blasted Nigeria As Trash by Ever8090: 12:35am On Oct 07, 2020
If they are not happy that their ancestors were sold,they should come to Nigeria and take over the place while we move the other direction.because as it is now,if they should come for slave trade,I will buy my own chain and meet them up at the jetty, I will chain my hands and legs by myself, they won't have to go through the stress of chasing me around or having to buy me form anyone I will go with them for free...I believe even LaLa and Sheun will also drag a place on the ship with us... people wey suppose dey happy...I dey vex why my ancestors no stand make them catch and carry them to America as slaves them dey there dey complain...

......this life no balance at all...

Re: Reno’s Response To The American (bevelyn Beatty) Who Blasted Nigeria As Trash by Comedian2019: 3:29am On Oct 07, 2020
Ever8090:
If they are not happy that their ancestors were sold,they should come to Nigeria and take over the place while we move the other direction.because as it is now,if they should come for slave trade,I will buy my own chain and meet them up at the jetty, I will chain my hands and legs by myself, they won't have to go through the stress of chasing me around or having to buy me form anyone I will go with them for free...I believe even LaLa and Sheun will also drag a place on the ship with us... people wey suppose dey happy...I dey vex why my ancestors no stand make them catch and carry them to America as slaves them dey there dey complain...

......this life no balance at all...
Abeg no kee person with laugh. grin
Aswear most naija guys go buy their chains and padlock, give oyinbo the keys to hold.
Re: Reno’s Response To The American (bevelyn Beatty) Who Blasted Nigeria As Trash by uniqueboi1(m): 4:23am On Oct 07, 2020
grin

(1) (Reply)

Top Pay 24/7 Legit Online Platform Form That Pays / Female Prison Wader Caught Having Sex With Male Inmate / Simi Finally Breaks Silence On Adekunle Gold's Cheating Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.