Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,818,999 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Does God Share His Glory? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Share His Glory? (774 Views)

Have You Ever Heard Directly From God? Share Your Experience. / T. B Joshua At 55: The Story Behind His Glory Revealed / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Share His Glory? by fanenene(m): 11:42pm On Oct 06, 2020
Base on popular opinions that God share's his Glory what do you think? Jesus said. I gave them the same glory you gave me, so that they may be one, just as you and I are one: I in them and you in me, so that they may be completely one, in order that the world may know that you sent me and that you love them as you love me.
John 17:22‭-‬23 GNT
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
Is Jesus our Lord saying we share glory with the father?
Re: Does God Share His Glory? by Image123(m): 1:12am On Oct 07, 2020
fanenene:
Base on popular opinions that God share's his Glory what do you think? Jesus said. I gave them the same glory you gave me, so that they may be one, just as you and I are one: I in them and you in me, so that they may be completely one, in order that the world may know that you sent me and that you love them as you love me.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

He says give, you ask share. Giving makes us partakers, it still belongs totally to Him. That's why we say to God be the glory fa. Sharing is a kind of competition in this case. Like what Herod did and died for in Acts 12. When you leave God out or try to usurp God, or be God, or take God out of the picture.

1 Like

Re: Does God Share His Glory? by Bejusttoall: 1:29am On Oct 07, 2020
We are joint heirs with Jesus Christ
Re: Does God Share His Glory? by fanenene(m): 5:50am On Oct 07, 2020
You did not answer me. do we share glory with God?
Bejusttoall:
We are joint heirs with Jesus Christ
Re: Does God Share His Glory? by fanenene(m): 5:50am On Oct 07, 2020
Thanks
Image123:

He says give, you ask share. Giving makes us partakers, it still belongs totally to Him. That's why we say to God be the glory fa. Sharing is a kind of competition in this case. Like what Herod did and died for in Acts 12. When you live out God or try to usurp God, or be God, or take God out of the picture.

1 Like

Re: Does God Share His Glory? by Kobojunkie: 5:59am On Oct 07, 2020
fanenene:
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
The "Spirit of Truth" is the glory that is in Jesus Christ, and now lives inside of those who abide in Jesus Christ, as Jesus Christ abides in them.
I believe Jesus Christ spoke is recorded to have spoken at learnt about the place of the Spirit of God, in the lives of those who abide in Him i.e. those who obey His commandments.
Those who live in obedience to the commandments of Jesus Christ, do the Will of His heavenly Father, and by that glorify God through their actions and lives.

As far as sharing glory, I don't believe that is what Jesus Christ was saying at all. I don't know where you get the opinion that God shares His glory with anyone, even man.

Isaiah 42 vs 5-8
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5 . Thus says God, the Lord, who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and what comes from it,who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it:
6 . “I am the Lord; I have called you[b] in righteousness; I will take you by the hand and keep you; I will give you as a covenant for the people, a light for the nations,
7 . to open the eyes that are blind, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, from the prison those who sit in darkness.
8 . I am the Lord; that is my name; my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to carved idols.
According to the passage above, God does not SHARE His glory with anybody!
Re: Does God Share His Glory? by fanenene(m): 6:24am On Oct 07, 2020
Ok
Kobojunkie:
The "Spirit of Truth" is the glory that is in Jesus Christ, and now lives inside of those who abide in Jesus Christ, as Jesus Christ abides in them.
I believe Jesus Christ spoke is recorded to have spoken at learnt about the place of the Spirit of God, in the lives of those who abide in Him i.e. those who obey His commandments.
Those who live in obedience to the commandments of Jesus Christ, do the Will of His heavenly Father, and by that glorify God through their actions and lives.

As far as sharing glory, I don't believe that is what Jesus Christ was saying at all. I don't know where you get the opinion that God shares His glory with anyone, even man.

According to the passage above, God does not SHARE His glory with anybody!
Re: Does God Share His Glory? by Myer(m): 6:44am On Oct 07, 2020
Another contradiction.

John 17:22-23 clearly points to the fact that God gives/shares His glory . While Isaiah 42:8 contradicts that.
Re: Does God Share His Glory? by fanenene(m): 7:07am On Oct 07, 2020
So what is your take on this.
Myer:
Another contradiction.

John 17:22-23 clearly points to the fact that God gives/shares His glory . While Isaiah 42:8 contradicts that.

Re: Does God Share His Glory? by aaking(m): 9:17am On Oct 07, 2020
Myer:
Another contradiction.

It does not contradict. When God say no other it means to ungodly people, unbelievers and those that serve other gods but He has given His own which are the saints because his own will not glory in the flesh .1 Corinthians 1 : 31 - That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord .
Ephesians 1 : 6 - To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
2 Corinthians 3 : 18 - But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
Re: Does God Share His Glory? by fanenene(m): 12:06pm On Oct 07, 2020
GOD DOES NOT SHARE HIS GLORY WITH ANYONE

In isaiah 42:8. Here God says he will not give his glory to anyone. In John 17:22 Jesus said he has given the glory given to him by God to his disciples. This wasn't God Almighty's glory. God doesn't give his own glory. He gives U the glory that is designed for U. For instance man was created and placed in charge of the earth. That's a glory coming from God but for man. God has his own glory and he doesn't share it with anyone including our lord Jesus Christ. Jesus said in verse 24 the glory he had from the beginning, not the glory "they" had. He actually said the glory God gave him not God's own glory. It was the almighty God who uplifted Jesus giving him and honourable name. That is an authority bestowed by God upon Jesus for him to be above everything. God placed Jesus to rule for him not that Jesus is above God. Jesus isn't taking God's glory. It still belongs to the father. All things were given unto Jesus by God but not the worship that belongs to God almighty. God almighty still occupies his place. God still has his place and every decision he is still the one that makes. Jesus is still doing the will of the father; Jesus said he does not know the time of his coming. It shows Jesus is not in control totally but the father. When Jesus was called 'a good servant', he said no one is good but the father. He gave the glory to God. That glory belongs to God and not to Jesus. When Jesus spoke he talked about what the father has given him, not what he had on his own.
The holy spirit does not share the glory of God, God almighty send it. God makes the decision. Whatever God releases is what is made available. This is not taking God's glory.

The Blasphemous Teaching
The teaching, that God has given his own glory to us and that we can attend to the level of God because we have the holy spirit (that makes things come to pass) which makes God God is blasphemous and a poison to the church. The teaching says you carry God inside of you which is the holy spirit. It says "You need to grow your faith to create things, you are like God". Once you lay this wrong foundation the devil comes in. That was the same thing he wanted to do to God; he wanted to be like Jehovah. Its the same thing that brought him to where he is. The children of God have started getting it wrong too, seeing themselves like God same thing the devil was trying to achieve. So, these people begin to misquote scripture: "ye are gods and children of the most high", saying God give birth to gods. They say they are are gods but in their own term and they have the spirit in them in full measure, therefore they can create anything. You don't really need God anymore but just grow your faith and and speak things to existence like the father. This is the most terrible teaching gotten in Christ. Think about it if you have "what makes God God which is the spirit in his fullness" what then do you need God for anymore? Then you are just like God. This teaching is continuing, spreading and sinking into people. This has now become a reasoning, a mentality. Teaching like the one taught by Jesus that we can forgive sin then becomes misunderstood. The people now think they are like God, interpreting things from that perspective misunderstandings everything.

Where The New Generation Is headed
Teaching/knowledge is progressive. To an extend the teachers teaching this have the understanding that though we have the spirit, God is the creator and we are not in competition with him. We are below him, it is not a challenge. But the message going to the next generation does not carry this understanding or explanation only the wrong teaching gets to them. They now dig deep and study to get more truth. They don't see where their teachers taught from but seeing only based on the teaching. They then will begin to see "what their teachers never saw".
aaking:

It does not contradict. When God say no other it means to ungodly people, unbelievers and those that serve other gods but He has given His own which are the saints because his own will not glory in the flesh .1 Corinthians 1 : 31 - That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord .
Ephesians 1 : 6 - To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
2 Corinthians 3 : 18 - But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
Re: Does God Share His Glory? by Myer(m): 12:25pm On Oct 07, 2020
aaking:

It means no other creature- living or non-living.

Even godly people should not share his glory which is why Paul and Peter cautioned those who saw the glory of god in them and began to worship them.

The bible is rife with such contradictions.

The fact remains that new testament and old testament contradict each other a lot which was why the Pharisees could not accept the doctrines that Jesus taught.
Re: Does God Share His Glory? by Myer(m): 12:27pm On Oct 07, 2020
fanenene:
So what is your take on this.

God does share his glory which was why he created man in his image and likeness in the first place. However, he does not want anyone to be worshipped except him.
Re: Does God Share His Glory? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:30pm On Oct 07, 2020
fanenene:
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

What Jesus meant is not about sharing God's glory, but being glorified alongside him as his beloved children.
For instance, PMB is the President and commander in chief of all the armed forces of Nigeria, yes with his wife and children they are regarded as the first Nigerian family but the power to determine what happens belongs only to the man having the mandate, his family only had that glory because they're related to him.
So both Jesus and his followers are nothing if not because they are related to the one who has the glory (God) smiley
Re: Does God Share His Glory? by fanenene(m): 2:57pm On Oct 07, 2020
True talk
MaxInDHouse:

What Jesus meant is not about sharing God's glory, but being glorified alongside him as his beloved children.
For instance, PMB is the President and commander in chief of all the armed forces of Nigeria, yes with his wife and children they are regarded as the first Nigerian family but the power to determine what happens belongs only to the man having the mandate, his family only had that glory because they're related to him.
So both Jesus and his followers are nothing if not because they are related to the one who has the glory (God) smiley
Re: Does God Share His Glory? by Kobojunkie: 6:58pm On Oct 07, 2020
aaking:
It does not contradict. When God say no other it means to ungodly people, unbelievers and those that serve other gods but He has given His own which are the saints because his own will not glory in the flesh .
Oh, I disagee with that. God was not refering simply to the ungodly. He meant He would not share His glory with any man or thing.
aaking:
1 Corinthians 1 : 31 - That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord .
Glorying in the Lord does not mean God's Glory is 'shared' or 'given' to the one that glorieth though.
aaking:
None of the two verses you quoted state that those of us who are in God in anyway "Share" God's glory or are "given" the glory that belongs to God.

Man can glory in his works and his achievements.
Re: Does God Share His Glory? by Kobojunkie: 7:00pm On Oct 07, 2020
Myer:
God does share his glory which was why he created man in his image and likeness in the first place. However, he does not want anyone to be worshipped except him.
By creating man in his image and likeness, God chose to share His glory? undecided How so? undecided undecided
Share it with His creation? Or without some other being not mentioned? What do you believe 'glory' means in this case?
Re: Does God Share His Glory? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:17pm On Oct 07, 2020
Myer:

You're partially right, because it's due to the making of humans in his image that makes Paul said "since humans have sinned that glory of been recognized as creatures made in God's image is no more there" {Romans 3:23} that's why we can't take charge of the earth as we were made to be in the beginning {Genesis 1:26} but the right to determine what is right and wrong belongs to just one person (God), that's the meaning of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil God commanded everyone not to eat! Genesis 2:17

Thanks Myer! smiley
Re: Does God Share His Glory? by Bejusttoall: 8:26pm On Oct 07, 2020
fanenene:
You did not answer me. do we share glory with God?

When someone is a joint heir, he or she shares in everything pertaining to the kingdom
Re: Does God Share His Glory? by Kobojunkie: 8:46pm On Oct 07, 2020
Bejusttoall:
When someone is a joint heir, he or she shares in everything pertaining to the kingdom
Joint Heirs with Jesus Christ, not God.
Re: Does God Share His Glory? by fanenene(m): 5:36am On Oct 08, 2020
Not true that's a lie from the pit of hell.
Bejusttoall:

Re: Does God Share His Glory? by Bejusttoall: 5:23pm On Oct 08, 2020
fanenene:
Not true that's a lie from the pit of hell.

Which of them is a lie?
Joint Heirs?
Shared in the glory?
Re: Does God Share His Glory? by Bejusttoall: 5:26pm On Oct 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Joint Heirs with Jesus Christ, not God.
Correct..... Since Jesus is having God's glory, therefore as joint join we share in the glory, or what do you think?
Re: Does God Share His Glory? by fanenene(m): 8:34pm On Oct 08, 2020
Share glory. You don't share glory with God he is God almighty he share no glory with any man.
Bejusttoall:

Which of them is a lie?
Joint Heirs?
Shared in the glory?
Re: Does God Share His Glory? by fanenene(m): 8:36pm On Oct 08, 2020
The one he gave Jesus. Not his glory. God has glories. And he can decide to give u a part of his glory for a reason.but you don't share glory with the father get that.
Bejusttoall:

Correct..... Since Jesus is having God's glory, therefore as joint join we share in the glory, or what do you think?
Re: Does God Share His Glory? by fanenene(m): 9:07pm On Sep 13, 2021
Bejusttoall:

Which of them is a lie?
Joint Heirs?
Shared in the glory?

Shared in Glory
Re: Does God Share His Glory? by fanenene(m): 9:09pm On Sep 13, 2021
Bejusttoall:

If that is so who are you sharing the things partaining to the kingdom with? Or are you sharing it with God?
Re: Does God Share His Glory? by Kobojunkie: 10:40pm On Sep 13, 2021
Bejusttoall:

We go share Him same seat for Heaven as well? undecided

Abeg, face the actual promises of the New Covenant that Jesus Christ gave us, rather than add your own ideas to God's Law, an act that is sin against God. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Blast Christians Who Cannot Touch Covid19 Patient / Easter 2021: Why Did God Send His Son To Die For Us ? / Rivers Based Pastor, Stephen Akinola Dies Hours After TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.