Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar (21781 Views)

Bandits From Neighbouring States Terrorizing Anambra - Obiano Tells Buhari / Anambra Airport: We Don’t Need Any Financial Assistance, Obiano Tells FG / Buhari Has Plans For Additional State In South East, Obiano Tells Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar by Redcrafton: 7:59am On Oct 07, 2020
GOVERNOR Willie Obiano of Anambra State yesterday, told President Muhammadu Buhari that construction work at the Onitsha-Enugu federal highway has slowed down to almost zero level.

The governor also begged the President to intervene in ensuring that the equipment purchased for the ongoing work at the Second Niger Bridge which are still in Germany are brought to Nigeria for the speedy completion of the project on record time.

Speaking with State House Correspondents after meeting behind closed-door with the President, Governor Obiano, who is the only governor on the platform of the All Progressive Grand Alliance, APGA, said he sought the assistance of the federal government for the settlement of about 5,000 displaced people from his state. On the reason for the visit, he said: ”I come once in awhile to brief Mr. President on the developments we are having in Anambra State and we do have a lot of beautiful developments.

We also have some that bothered me to come right now, which is the flood. ”Four of my local governments, that is four out of 21 are under water now as we speak because of this flood and it affected a lot of things, properties which include farm produce and what have you. ”So, I called on Mr. President to assist us at this very crucial time being a COVID-19 time and now, the flood we are experiencing this time around is like the one of 2012 which is terrible.

So, he promised to do something immediately. ”I did also told him about the progress so far made on the 2nd Niger Bridge. If you watch from their side, you will see that almost half of that bridge has been done. ”But because the water level is very high, the contractor working in that bridge requires some equipment which they’ve already purchased long ago sitting in Germany and requires some support from Central Bank to be able to be brought in. I did mention that to him and the President noted that and said he will do something about that.

”The other point was on citing the Federal University of Education in Aguleri. Anambra North Senatorial District which does not have any federal institution at all. Other two senatorial districts have two or three federal institutions.

”The place is part of the area I just told you that is flooded – Anambra West, Anambra East. The whole of Anambra West is under water now, half of Anambra East is under water, Ogbaru area is under water. ”All these are majorly Anambra North. So, the Senate graciously approved and wrote to Mr. President to assent to the bill that they passed. This letter was written 19th September 2019.

So, Mr. President has agreed to quickly acquiesce to that so that this institution can move on. ”On my own, I have paid compensation to the land owners and I have started the fencing of the massive property. And I am doing the gatehouse of the institution. All I require is Mr.

President’s support by acquiescing to the recommendations of the Clerk of the National Assembly on 19th September 2019. “We did discuss some other roads, federal roads that are in very bad shape, about six of them and I requested Mr. President to see if they can go into their budget as they prepare for the budget of next year.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/10/construction-work-at-onitsha-enugu-expressway-at-zero-level-obiano-tells-buhari/

Re: Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar by Brandstudio01: 8:00am On Oct 07, 2020
So much attention in the south east recently

Re: Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar by Redcrafton: 8:02am On Oct 07, 2020
Honestly this is becoming a joke.

This important road linking Enugu state capital and Anambra state capital through to Onitsha, the biggest commercial city of Anambra state has been under reconstruction since 1999.

What is going on in this country?

Why is it that no federal project is ever completed and commissioned in SE since 1999?

And for crying out loud, the region is a not big like others, especially in the north.

109 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar by Redcrafton: 8:07am On Oct 07, 2020
Again I ask those who claim that restructuring or autonomy will not change anything.

But honestly if the SE region were to be on their own, is it thinkable that this road and other federal roads like Enugu-Portharcourt, the international airport, the Niger Bridge Onitsha will not have been completed in ages?

This is amazing and unbelievable.

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar by SmartPolician: 8:21am On Oct 07, 2020
That's one of the terrible federal roads in the region

It's even a shame that it is a Trunk A road

I hate this system of government.

Everyone will have to beg the president to execute the federal projects in their domain

Honestly, the calls for restructuring must not stop.

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar by mbahdi(m): 8:22am On Oct 07, 2020
U mean d 5% region

Re: Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar by Guyman02: 8:22am On Oct 07, 2020
But APC miscreants led by Laurita Onochie claim that PMB has reconstructed all the dilapidated federal roads in the SE for which they are not appreciative and even called them ingrates.
I was on that road recently and it was a nightmare. The driver was fatigued from doing mental calculation of where to put his tyres so that the vehicle doesn't sink.

Many Igbos and other Nigerians from the SS regions don't travel home except for very important events because of the state of federal roads in that region, it's a shame that after 60 years of independence we can't connect the country effectively with good road networks.

You can't have National unity when a citizen in Zamfara cannot travel safely anytime to Enugu or Ogbomosho to understand the way of life of people on the other side.
Nigeria just celebrated the worst independence day in years it's because of failures like this

42 Likes

Re: Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar by Maxymilliano(m): 8:22am On Oct 07, 2020
Same applies to major highways across the country.

Re: Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar by Sonnobax15(m): 8:22am On Oct 07, 2020
cheesy. E get this kind special respect wey I get for this man Cha...
he's working and there's no misgivings about that..

Re: Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar by Finnese001: 8:22am On Oct 07, 2020
Okay
Re: Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar by crossfm: 8:23am On Oct 07, 2020
But some zombies said the road has been completed since.

4+4 is a scam.

Re: Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar by thaoriginator: 8:23am On Oct 07, 2020
Where are the 'picture's or adonbilivit' crew?

It's been long ohh! cry

Re: Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar by Perfecttouchade: 8:24am On Oct 07, 2020
Ok. Nigeria no get better roads again..
Re: Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar by Polg11: 8:24am On Oct 07, 2020
Redcrafton:
Again I ask those who claim that restructuring or autonomy will not change anything.

But honestly if the SE region were to be on their own, is it thinkable that this road and other federal roads like Enugu-Portharcourt, the international airport, the Niger Bridge Onitsha will not have been completed in ages?

This is amazing and unbelievable.

Re: Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar by anonimi: 8:24am On Oct 07, 2020

Re: Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:24am On Oct 07, 2020
Each time I ply that road, I get mad at the useless mo.ro.nic leaders South East have produced over the years especially at the federal level.

The reason why Nnamdi KANU makes a lot of sense and garner more follower ship than them.

For a region that has been the senate president over some years you wonder what they all have been doing going to Abuja the FCT.

Shame on them and their generation.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar by xcellentgraphic: 8:24am On Oct 07, 2020
SE has the worst...anambra and abia especially..... I do graphics designs check my signature...thanks

Re: Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar by InvertedHammer: 8:24am On Oct 07, 2020
/
That's why I keep wondering what exactly GEJ did for SE that the idiotic fellas call him a hero.
Our people are too sentimental for my liking.Imagine how low people think of themselves that conceding a lost election was a heroic act which automatically fixed his ineptitude, negligence and incompetence.

/

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar by HeadShot: 8:25am On Oct 07, 2020
Nothing is happening in the East...

Buhari is aware...

What baffles me is why the governors of the region are quiet.. especially the baboon in Enugu

Re: Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar by Risingblue008(m): 8:25am On Oct 07, 2020
Ok na
Re: Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar by Bossose(m): 8:25am On Oct 07, 2020
I truly don't know what to say, but Federal government is not doing enough in terms of federal projects. Since 1999 and still nothing?? undecided
Re: Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar by Bkayyy: 8:26am On Oct 07, 2020
Brandstudio01:
Yes because we complain and don't fool ourselves believing what we are not
Re: Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar by Cmanforall: 8:26am On Oct 07, 2020
This road keeps being in the news for years. undecided
Is it that it has never been completed or a substandard work was done on it?

Re: Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 07, 2020
Brandstudio01:
So much how..?
So at ZERO LEVEL is now an attention..?
D entire country needs HOSPITAL ADMISSION & DRIP....

Re: Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar by GreaterFuture(m): 8:27am On Oct 07, 2020
Mtcheeeew!
If you need a Professional House Painter, Pls Hit the WhatsApp link in my Signature below
Re: Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:28am On Oct 07, 2020
Brandstudio01:

I only see school principal talking to his student
Re: Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar by PureGoldh(m): 8:29am On Oct 07, 2020
Dx people seff....That particular road leads to so many states within SE,SS and SW.

All they do is to pack chippings via one side....block road....person wey dey ply on the road go dey reason say better work is actually going on...e go just dey like that and grasses will be growing on the chippings..

The government of this country just dey chop akara ontop Nigerians head undecided

Re: Construction Work At Onitsha-enugu Expressway, At Zero Level, Obiano Tells Buhar by okpalaAnambra: 8:30am On Oct 07, 2020
Hahahahahahaha.. Even this igala governor of Anambra State think he deserves a good thing.. Anambra is a cursed Osu state... The people are meant to suffer.. Anambra is useless and does not deserve any good thing

Umahi's Defection: Chika Nwoba Resigns As Ebonyi State APC Publicity Secretary / NECA Director-General, Timothy Olawale Is Dead / NAF Airstrikes Eliminate Bandit Kingpin, Dogo-Umaru, 41 Others