Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Buhari And Ibb Had A Secret Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And Ibb Had A Secret Meeting (971 Views)

Master's Of The Game: Throw Back Picture Of OBJ, Danjuma And IBB Playing Draft / Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting / Tinubu Worse Than Abacha And IBB – Obanikoro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari And Ibb Had A Secret Meeting by Bintus2much(m): 11:07am On Mar 04, 2011
BUHARI, IBB HOLD SECRET MEETING

General Muhammadu Buhari and General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (IBB), were in a secret meeting at the Hill Top home of the latter in Minna, yesterday.

General Buhari drove straight to IBB’s house at about 5:30 pm after addressing his supporters from the north central states at the zonal presidential rally held at Polo Field in Minna.

General Buhari on arrival at IBB’s house was warmly received by his host who led him straight to his inner living room where they both held a secret meeting without any of their aides.

They spent about an hour before emerging to say their late evening prayers.

Asked about his relationship with IBB, considering the speculation that there was still the age long animosity between them, Buhari said their relationship was “extremely cordial.”

Both former heads of state who were in high spirit did not speak on their meeting but General Babangida said “he (Buhari) is most qualified to be president of Nigeria,” saying that Buhari has been a governor, a minister and head of state which availed him enough experience to rule the country.

General Buhari later left Babangida’s home around 7:08 pm with his retinue out of the town with heavy traffic especially along the popular Mobil roundabout, Minna with youths in their hundreds chanting “change”.

LEADERSHIP observed that the visit was the first time Buhari would be visiting IBB in his residence since he has been coming to Minna for political reasons.

http://www.leadershipeditors.com/ns/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=26396%3Abuhari-ibb-hold-secret-meeting&catid=51%3Acover-stories&Itemid=101
Re: Buhari And Ibb Had A Secret Meeting by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 04, 2011
Bintus2much:

BUHARI, IBB HOLD SECRET MEETING

General Muhammadu Buhari and General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (IBB), were in a secret meeting at the Hill Top home of the latter in Minna, yesterday.

General Buhari drove straight to IBB’s house at about 5:30 pm after addressing his supporters from the north central states at the zonal presidential rally held at Polo Field in Minna.

General Buhari on arrival at IBB’s house was warmly received by his host who led him straight to his inner living room where they both held a secret meeting without any of their aides.

They spent about an hour before emerging to say their late evening prayers.

Asked about his relationship with IBB, considering the speculation that there was still the age long animosity between them, Buhari said their relationship was “extremely cordial.”

Both former heads of state who were in high spirit did not speak on their meeting but General Babangida said “he (Buhari) is most qualified to be president of Nigeria,” saying that Buhari has been a governor, a minister and head of state which availed him enough experience to rule the country.

General Buhari later left Babangida’s home around 7:08 pm with his retinue out of the town with heavy traffic especially along the popular Mobil roundabout, Minna with youths in their hundreds chanting “change”.

LEADERSHIP observed that the visit was the first time Buhari would be visiting IBB in his residence since he has been coming to Minna for political reasons.

http://www.leadershipeditors.com/ns/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=26396%3Abuhari-ibb-hold-secret-meeting&catid=51%3Acover-stories&Itemid=101

Good description of the relationship status! Not "IBB is like a father to me"

Youths Chanting "Change" yes! thats what we must have come 2011 elections! A change without PDP a change for the better!

BB - 2011 - or Mass protest! THE VOICE OF THE MASSES IS THE VOICE OF GOD!
Re: Buhari And Ibb Had A Secret Meeting by solihu(m): 12:53pm On Mar 04, 2011
Re: Buhari And Ibb Had A Secret Meeting by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 04, 2011
While IBB is not someone one will be proud to relate with, I think by now, Niger is another state BB can go and sleep about. If IBB can deliver Niger to Atiku, then a even more sellable Buhari can go and rest. With Nasarawa, Niger and FCT now sure for BB, people counting North Central as GEJ's stronghold should have a rethink.
Re: Buhari And Ibb Had A Secret Meeting by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 04, 2011
Re: Buhari And Ibb Had A Secret Meeting by vigasimple(m): 2:19pm On Mar 04, 2011
Only fools will not know that the North will not gang up to get the Presidency at all cost as they usual do, we in the south are always allow ourselves to be hoodwinked to praise sing Northern candidates.

The question I have asked 1 million times is, WOULD THE NORTH SING PRAISE AND VOTE A SOUTHERN CHRISTIAN FOR PRESIDENCY?

Please don't count OBJ, as he was the North cabal tool since 1976, so he is their ever ready tools, maybe he turn against them unexpectedly after his 2nd term but they still like OBJ

Mko Abiola is not a christian, won a free, fair election and was not only denied by the North but was murdered. If that happen to a Northerner, there might be a repeat of ethnic cleansing that happen to Igbo's, this time to Odua's.

As for me until a southerner can be campaigned for vigorously and voted in a Presidential election in Nigeria (especially in the North), I have no business trusting any Northerner.

Bhuari now dining with IBB? that is a sign of desperation, and they found GEJ vulnerable because he is NOT a Northerner. IBB even drop a coded hint to say that 'Bhuari is the most qualified' because of what? he has been a Military governor and Head of state via their unconstitutional means which overthrew an elected government.

AS things stands, the North want their power they 'LOAN' to the South back, whether it is through Bhuari, Ribadu or Shekarau, they don't care.

SOUTHERNER SHINE YOUR EYES, and also ask the question, whether for every 1 competent Northerner there aren't 10 competent southerner, so is it a coincidence that It is always Northern and the Presidency.
Re: Buhari And Ibb Had A Secret Meeting by wesley80(m): 2:30pm On Mar 04, 2011
Jarus:

While IBB is not someone one will be proud to relate with, I think by now, Niger is another state BB can go and sleep about. If IBB can deliver Niger to Atiku, then a even more sellable Buhari can go and rest. With Nasarawa, Niger and FCT now sure for BB, people counting North Central as GEJ's stronghold should have a rethink.

Just last week, fraternizing with IBB was a crime of mouth lynching proportions. Fast forward 7 days and all of a sudden its all about what IBB can deliver and its just not "something to be proud about" .Really? Well here's how we now define Hypocrisy; Jarus and the BB team!
Re: Buhari And Ibb Had A Secret Meeting by 9ijaMan: 2:45pm On Mar 04, 2011
wesley80:

Just last week, fraternizing with IBB was a crime of mouth lynching proportions. Fast forward 7 days and all of a sudden its all about what IBB can deliver and its just not "something to be proud about" .Really? Well here's how we now define Hypocrisy; Jarus and the BB team!

Sorry pal, GEJ gangs on NL have lost every right to preach against hypocrisy. Keep sulking!
Re: Buhari And Ibb Had A Secret Meeting by egift(m): 2:45pm On Mar 04, 2011
wesley80:

Bros was it not you guys after 1st October told us (Dokpesi and IBB=Independent Bomb Blast). Fast forward to after the convention, Dokpesi (IBB's Campaign Manager) is now a steam and branch of the Jonathan Team, IBB was announced by Jonathan himself as his Godfather and role model while even Atiku grin was offer head of campaign and fat positions  grin grin grin

Tell me aren't you suppose to be very ashamed?
Re: Buhari And Ibb Had A Secret Meeting by Arosa(m): 2:49pm On Mar 04, 2011
Secret Meeting shocked alarm o!
Re: Buhari And Ibb Had A Secret Meeting by egift(m): 2:50pm On Mar 04, 2011
And did I add that Ist October blast has gone with the wind.
Re: Buhari And Ibb Had A Secret Meeting by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 04, 2011
egift:

And did I add that Ist October blast has gone with the wind.
Welcome to Nigeria, bigger stories have gone under
Re: Buhari And Ibb Had A Secret Meeting by Omooba77: 3:14pm On Mar 04, 2011
Can a leopard change is skin Buhari will always be a northerner first before thinking of Nigeria, this is not the kind of leader we want. GEJ /Sambo has my vote 100%
Re: Buhari And Ibb Had A Secret Meeting by 9ijaMan: 5:28pm On Mar 04, 2011
Omooba77:

Can a leopard change is skin Buhari will always be a northerner first before thinking of Nigeria, this is not the kind of leader we want. GEJ /Sambo has my vote 100%

Just as GEJ remains staunchly a South-Southerner first before he even thinks about Nigeria. How else can you defend his "I know MEND is not behind the blast" stance after the October 1 incident. By the way ur GEJ is still very much in bed with the same IBB since he gets all his advice from IBB.
Re: Buhari And Ibb Had A Secret Meeting by apoti(m): 5:36pm On Mar 04, 2011
vigasimple:

Only fools will not know that the North will not gang up to get the Presidency at all cost as they usual do, we in the south are always allow ourselves to be hoodwinked to praise sing Northern candidates.

The question I have asked 1 million times is, WOULD THE NORTH SING PRAISE AND VOTE A SOUTHERN CHRISTIAN FOR PRESIDENCY?

Please don't count OBJ, as he was the North cabal tool since 1976, so he is their ever ready tools, maybe he turn against them unexpectedly after his 2nd term but they still like OBJ

Mko Abiola is not a christian, won a free, fair election and was not only denied by the North but was murdered. If that happen to a Northerner, there might be a repeat of ethnic cleansing that happen to Igbo's, this time to Odua's.

As for me until a southerner can be campaigned for vigorously and voted in a Presidential election in Nigeria (especially in the North), I have no business trusting any Northerner.

Bhuari now dining with IBB? that is a sign of desperation, and they found GEJ vulnerable because he is NOT a Northerner. IBB even drop a coded hint to say that 'Bhuari is the most qualified' because of what? he has been a Military governor and Head of state via their unconstitutional means which overthrew an elected government.

AS things stands, the North want their power they 'LOAN' to the South back, whether it is through Bhuari, Ribadu or Shekarau, they don't care.

SOUTHERNER SHINE YOUR EYES, and also ask the question, whether for every 1 competent Northerner there aren't 10 competent southerner, so is it a coincidence that It is always Northern and the Presidency.

The best sentimental post I've seen on NL lately.

So you are telling me to vote for someone because he is from my tribe and not because of his competence psheww undecided
Re: Buhari And Ibb Had A Secret Meeting by OAM4J: 6:45pm On Mar 04, 2011
greateros:

Good description of the relationship status! Not "IBB is like a father to me"

Youths Chanting "Change" yes! thats what we must have come 2011 elections! A change without PDP a change for the better!

BB - 2011 - or Mass protest! THE VOICE OF THE MASSES IS THE VOICE OF GOD!

lol grin grin

(1) (Reply)

My Opponents ‘ve Nothing To Offer – Jonathan! / Barely 4 Months Cpc Has Proven To Be The Most Violence Party In Nigeria / News - Inec Cancelled April 9 Elections In Some Sections Of The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.