Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... (4209 Views)

Itel Users / Five Lies They Tell You About Phone, Laptop Batteries By Prince Osuagwu / What They Do Not Tell You About Uk Used Phones: Read And Be Educated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by CuteMike01(m): 3:09pm On Oct 07, 2020
As much as I once was a dedicated user of itel phones, I must say the area itel tends to hide from her patronisers and that is the issue of slow charging. Itel phones take longer to charge than regular devices. Speaking as a first-hand witness, charging an itel phone from 0-100 mostly takes about 6-9 hours to full. From the P series to the S series and some other models I've encountered and used, I observed that itel hasn't still worked on their slow charging issues. To add to detail, I happen to be charging my phone at a football viewing center. There was this particular guy who plugged his itel p32 at 6% around 10:00am. He left it charging and took off to game with some dudes. He was using an amazon charger newly bought. Those who are familiar with this charger would know that it is quick in charging phones of huge battery sizes. Well, about 2:00pm the anger in the guy's face at seeing the phone still in 9% was epic. After some ranting, he swapped chargers with a lady and went back gaming. He checked the phone around 2:45pm and was shocked to see it at 11%. He just took heart and went back gaming. He came again at 5:00pm to check and was utterly disappointed to still meet it at 11%. Dude got angry and violently unplugged the phone and went home. That's what most itel users are facing today but they won't tell in order not to feel inferior.

P. S. - @Itel mobile, I'm not trying to badmouth your brand just saying the obvious for improvement. I'm sure many peeps would approve of this angry grin

1 Share

Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by Harryase(m): 3:21pm On Oct 07, 2020
I own an Itel s33. That's not the case at all. Infact it's the opposite.
Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by Venoms001(f): 3:22pm On Oct 07, 2020
CuteMike01:
As much as I once was a dedicated user of itel phones, I must say the area itel tends to hide from her patronisers and that is the issue of slow charging. Itel phones take longer to charge than regular devices. Speaking as a first-hand witness, charging an itel phone from 0-100 mostly takes about 6-9 hours to full. From the P series to the S series and some other models I've encountered and used, I observed that itel hasn't still worked on their slow charging issues. To add to detail, I happen to be charging my phone at a football viewing center. There was this particular guy who plugged his itel p32 at 6% around 10:00am. He left it charging and took off to game with some dudes. He was using an amazon charger newly bought. Those who are familiar with this charger would know that it is quick in charging phones of huge battery sizes. Well, about 2:00pm the anger in the guy's face at seeing the phone still in 9% was epic. After some ranting, he swapped chargers with a lady and went back gaming. He checked the phone around 2:45pm and was shocked to see it at 11%. He just took heart and went back gaming. He came again at 5:00pm to check and was utterly disappointed to still meet it at 11%. Dude got angry and violently unplugged the phone and went home. That's what most itel users are facing today but they won't tell in order not to feel inferior.

P. S. - @Itel mobile, I'm not trying to badmouth your brand just saying the obvious for improvement. I'm sure many peeps would approve of this angry grin
Mtchew.. Is itel a phone.. You no sabi troll.. Come and learn work grin

1 Like

Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by Ayomideen(m): 3:44pm On Oct 07, 2020
Lol mehn
I've only used one itel phone and its that 1516plus mentioned up there
Good, long-lasting battery but takes forever to charge
It charges 10% an hour
So your best bet is charging overnight

But if your charger is bad, forgerrit, one day In 2018, the phone was dead, immediately nepa restored power supply, I charged it and left to watch WC final, after over 2 hours, came back to the hostel and met this phone still on 0%

Omo, the phone suffer me small sha
But me sef use am sha lol

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by CuteMike01(m): 4:05pm On Oct 07, 2020
Ayomideen:
Lol mehn
I've only used one itel phone and its that 1516plus mentioned up there
Good, long-lasting battery but takes forever to charge
It charges 10% an hour
So your best bet is charging overnight

But if your charger is bad, forgerrit, one day In 2018, the phone was dead, immediately nepa restored power supply, I charged it and left to watch WC final, after over 2 hours, came back to the hostel and met this phone still on 0%

Omo, the phone suffer me small sha
But me sef use am sha lol
Na God save you from itel. E no easy. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by CuteMike01(m): 4:10pm On Oct 07, 2020
Venoms001:

Mtchew.. Is itel a phone.. You no sabi troll.. Come and learn work grin
I no get intention to troll them bro. At least, not yet wink
Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by Karleb(m): 4:58pm On Oct 07, 2020
No offense.
Itel is the most confused brand ever!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 07, 2020
I use an Itel phone and ur assertion is right.

It takes 4 hours to fully charge my A32f and the battery does not even last. But I'm managing lol
Till God provides new one

1 Like

Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 07, 2020
Is it just me or this is everyone's case? We all use iTel P33 and P33 + in my family. Nobody has one day complained of slow charging. Infact my mum's phone chargers way faster than ours. I guess iTel selects charger. That's my observation
Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by CuteMike01(m): 8:35pm On Oct 07, 2020
miracood:
I use an Itel phone and ur assertion is right.

It takes 4 hours to fully charge my A32f and the battery does not even last. But I'm managing lol
Till God provides new one
The more reason we need to create awareness. It's frustrating. You can cook a bag of beans before it full cool
Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by CuteMike01(m): 8:37pm On Oct 07, 2020
TsaTrinity:
Is it just me or this is everyone's case? We all use iTel P33 and P33 + in my family. Nobody has one day complained of slow charging. Infact my mum's phone chargers way faster than ours. I guess iTel selects charger. That's my observation
With all sincerity, like how long does it take to get filled up that is from 0-100?

2 Likes

Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by Dominiqueismad: 8:43pm On Oct 07, 2020
TsaTrinity:
Pele o, itel family. Hope the ram is upto 10kilobytes
Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by Offpoint1: 9:15pm On Oct 07, 2020
Lol, took me 17hrs to fully charge p33, I love the battery life lasted almost a week on light usage.
I forgot the damn phone in taxi... It was already giving me network wahala the day I lost in taxi.
Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by Olamyyde(m): 9:19pm On Oct 07, 2020
You see itel phones ehn, calling them advanced calculators is a compliment.

They are dumb powerbanks with lcd screens grin

1 Like

Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by Homeboiy: 9:23pm On Oct 07, 2020
Stop complaining and change the down board

Problem solved
Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by Kennyflyair: 9:24pm On Oct 07, 2020
CuteMike01:
As much as I once was a dedicated user of itel phones, I must say the area itel tends to hide from her patronisers and that is the issue of slow charging. Itel phones take longer to charge than regular devices. ( grin

Men do I have a story for you guys.
I bought an itel a56 very recently due to the fact say money low. To be fair, the phone is not bad for a light user and the 4000mah battery even lasts well. But when the thing don low, na that time I know say I don use my money buy problem. Na 6hours and above the phone dey take Charge before e full. I first think say na the phone get problem until I saw a few users complain on the itel page on facebook.
This thread has fully confirmed what I suspected.

They really need to improve on this. Na Nigeria wey gather dey o. Money scarce, even light sef scarce. Most people need phone that you'll plug for 1hour and see at least 50%

Me wey be say the phone wey I dey use before the itel get fast charging, that 6 hours charging come be like 4 years for my eyes. I sharply put am for nairaland and jiji. Bot the phone for 26k, after a month I put it up for sale. Come see pricing! Got an offer of 20k from one nairalander, instead make I sell I still dey do shakara. Last last na 17k I sell almost new itel a56. Lost 9k just for buying a worthless phone.

When I entered jiji to Post my ad, I saw many people wanting to sell their a56. The prices the put there were still close to new price. Because I wanted to sell desperately, I put it up for 19k then sold for 17k after begging the girl to even add 1k on top.

In fact, if you're in desperate need of Cheap phones, enter jiji and search for itel a56, you'll see many. Ignore their price and bargain with your own price. There is a high chance that the seller would agree cos most of them want to get it off their hands. Na mostly cos of that horribly slow charging most people dey sell.

I swear, this is probably my longest Post on nairaland but na because the thing dey pain me na y I dey type long story like this.

If you noticed, I never complained about the phone itself. I knew the specs of the devce I bought. 1gb ram, 16gb rom. I know how to work well with low ram phone. I still used a 512mb ram phone till early 2020.

If only itel can improve on their charging speeds, I think their brand would still be ok for people on low budgets.

I really doubt their charging is up to 5Watts sef. Maybe na 2 watt charging them dey use.

Op thank you for this thread, it confirmed my suspicion. That would be the first and last itel device I would buy in my life. I Don port go xiaomi. No be say then sef dey perfect but at least complaint dey minimal.

Namaste

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by AIlahuAkbar: 9:31pm On Oct 07, 2020
Offpoint1:
Lol, took me 17hrs to fully charge p33, I love the battery life lasted almost a week on light usage.
I forgot the damn phone in taxi... It was already giving me network wahala the day I lost in taxi.
the battery was strong cos obviously it was still new, as time goes on the battery depreciates
Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by Kingsasian(m): 9:52pm On Oct 07, 2020
My fiancee's itel p12 takes over 12 hours to get fully charged from 0-100
Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by Jafar1: 10:08pm On Oct 07, 2020
One of my guy's itel takes approximately 6hours to full. His phone hardly run down completely even though its just 3000mah, although every itel user is a light user....
I forgot the model of the phone sha, but na strong itel..

While my samsung takes just little above one hour to full from 0%..

They need to improve indeed!
Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by fuwaski(m): 11:03pm On Oct 07, 2020
A32f no get wahala for charging o. Na the quick rundown of the ba3 b d koko. Fiaam d tin don reach 0%. Regretting till now
Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by Nobody: 2:37am On Oct 08, 2020
Try itel p36 pro thank me later
Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by primestreams: 2:42am On Oct 08, 2020
Itel almost make me mad
.slow charging
.device easily get hot
Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by CuteMike01(m): 4:29am On Oct 08, 2020
Kennyflyair:

Men do I have a story for you guys.
I bought an itel a56 very recently due to the fact say money low. To be fair, the phone is not bad for a light user and the 4000mah battery even lasts well. But when the thing don low, na that time I know say I don use my money buy problem. Na 6hours and above the phone dey take Charge before e full. I first think say na the phone get problem until I saw a few users complain on the itel page on facebook.
This thread has fully confirmed what I suspected.

They really need to improve on this. Na Nigeria wey gather dey o. Money scarce, even light sef scarce. Most people need phone that you'll plug for 1hour and see at least 50%

Me wey be say the phone wey I dey use before the itel get fast charging, that 6 hours charging come be like 4 years for my eyes. I sharply put am for nairaland and jiji. Bot the phone for 26k, after a month I put it up for sale. Come see pricing! Got an offer of 20k from one nairalander, instead make I sell I still dey do shakara. Last last na 17k I sell almost new itel a56. Lost 9k just for buying a worthless phone.

When I entered jiji to Post my ad, I saw many people wanting to sell their a56. The prices the put there were still close to new price. Because I wanted to sell desperately, I put it up for 19k then sold for 17k after begging the girl to even add 1k on top.

In fact, if you're in desperate need of Cheap phones, enter jiji and search for itel a56, you'll see many. Ignore their price and bargain with your own price. There is a high chance that the seller would agree cos most of them want to get it off their hands. Na mostly cos of that horribly slow charging most people dey sell.

I swear, this is probably my longest Post on nairaland but na because the thing dey pain me na y I dey type long story like this.

If you noticed, I never complained about the phone itself. I knew the specs of the devce I bought. 1gb ram, 16gb rom. I know how to work well with low ram phone. I still used a 512mb ram phone till early 2020.

If only itel can improve on their charging speeds, I think their brand would still be ok for people on low budgets.

I really doubt their charging is up to 5Watts sef. Maybe na 2 watt charging them dey use.

Op thank you for this thread, it confirmed my suspicion. That would be the first and last itel device I would buy in my life. I Don port go xiaomi. No be say then sef dey perfect but at least complaint dey minimal.

Namaste
You did the right thing by dropping it. Never settle for less. One should have value for his/her money.

1 Like

Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by Craig24: 7:36am On Oct 08, 2020
I make use of itelS13 n can say I don't suffer this same fate with others.

Maximum charge time to get a full 100% charge is 3hours.

Money well spent 4 me.
Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by femi4: 8:12am On Oct 08, 2020
Phones with inferior motherboard
Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by MickzyDonald: 8:38am On Oct 08, 2020
I Know some one using it... The phone's charging is like trekking from Nigeria to Pluto

1 Like

Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 08, 2020
Dominiqueismad:
Pele o, itel family. Hope the ram is upto 10kilobytes
Hahahaha
It's 1GB but I hear you can add to it. Don't know how true that is
Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by CuteMike01(m): 10:37am On Oct 08, 2020
Offpoint1:
Still it's bad to wait for a phone for such long hours. Itel sucks!
Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by CuteMike01(m): 10:39am On Oct 08, 2020
Valkan:
Try itel p36 pro thank me later
No need, I've enough troubles cheesy
Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by CuteMike01(m): 10:41am On Oct 08, 2020
TsaTrinity:

Hahahaha
It's 1GB but I hear you can add to it. Don't know how true that is
You can only add to it if your phone is rooted and rooting recent Android versions are difficult. Long story short, you are stuck with the 1gb ram. Enjoy
Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by CuteMike01(m): 10:42am On Oct 08, 2020
Craig24:
I make use of itelS13 n can say I don't suffer this same fate with others.

Maximum charge time to get a full 100% charge is 3hours.

Money well spent 4 me.
Your battery is little bro. What do you expect. Besides I don't trust your analysis
Re: What Most Itel Users Won't Tell You... by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 08, 2020
CuteMike01:

With all sincerity, like how long does it take to get filled up that is from 0-100?
Mine charges for 5hrs to full while on. My mum's phone charges for 3hrs max. Trust me iTel batteries are very strong

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( / I Don't Know If This Is A Bonus By MTN But Just Check This Out! #seriously / Upcoming Tecno Boom J8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.