Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:48 AM

Lawyers...is This Tenancy Right Valid? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lawyers...is This Tenancy Right Valid? (201 Views)

Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? / Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees / The New Lagos Tenancy Law:who Does It Favour Most? The Lanlord Or The Tenant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyers...is This Tenancy Right Valid? by MisterKings(m): 5:10pm On Oct 07, 2020
Hi I found this online and wanted to ask the Lawyers in the house if this is valid

Right to notice to quit before eviction:

This is one right you must never forget because Nigerian tenants are usually ignorant this. Before you are evicted from the property you have rented, you must be given a quit notice, and the number of days is subject to the period of your tenancy:
A one-year (or above) tenancy will require at least a notice of 6 months
A one-month tenancy will require a minimum notice of one month
A one-week tenancy will require a minimum notice of one week
After this, you also entitled to a 7-day notice to recover possession. If all of these steps aren’t carried out, the landlord will not have the right to an action for eviction in court.
Re: Lawyers...is This Tenancy Right Valid? by psucc(m): 5:29pm On Oct 07, 2020
Go form right for another person's property.

Even the rights in the Constitution you know have full hand na the that of landlord you want.
Re: Lawyers...is This Tenancy Right Valid? by MisterKings(m): 7:51pm On Oct 07, 2020
psucc:
Go form right for another person's property.

Even the rights in the Constitution you know have full hand na the that of landlord you want.

Speak English please, I don't understand what you just said
Re: Lawyers...is This Tenancy Right Valid? by psucc(m): 8:18pm On Oct 07, 2020
MisterKings:

Speak English please, I don't understand what you just said
Which do you understand - Queen or Elizabethan?

(1) (Reply)

7 BDRM , 8nos Of 3bdrm Flats, Bq And Pool For Lease At Old Ikoyi / Beach Front 40 ACRES Of Land For Sale / WE Are In DREDGERS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.