Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,020 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? (32951 Views)

Tenancy Agreement Samples / Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees / The New Lagos Tenancy Law:who Does It Favour Most? The Lanlord Or The Tenant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? by vision202020: 9:15am On May 12, 2021
So I decided to rent a better apartment for myself. So my landlord gave me this tenancy agreement to sign. This is my first time of signing such since I have been renting house so I decided to bring it here for the Learned and Legal practitioners to help me go through it before signing.
Thanks

2 Shares

Re: Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? by incogni2o: 9:18am On May 12, 2021
vision202020:
So I decided to rent a better apartment for myself. So my landlord gave me this tenancy agreement to sign. This is my first time of signing such since I have been renting house so I decided to bring it here for the Learned and Legal practitioners to help me go through it before signing.
Thanks

tell him to change the word covenant

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? by eveninnewspaper: 9:34am On May 12, 2021
Ghost house grin scary rules undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? by Kingstel(m): 9:35am On May 12, 2021
Discuss where you ain't comfortable with him

Win an iPhone, free data...see my Signature below.

1 Like

Re: Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? by bammy00(m): 9:47am On May 12, 2021
Fair enough, I'd sign this. There's nothing outrageous here. I think experience has taught the landlord some serious lessons.

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? by vision202020: 10:01am On May 12, 2021
I have no problem with the agreement. I am just looking for hidden clause that may go against me in future in the agreement.
The landlord has issues with the previous tenants and he has vowed never to accept people of that tribe again. The first question he asked me when I showed interest in the house is my tribe
bammy00:
Fare enough, I'd sign this. There's nothing outrageous here. I think experience has taught the landlord some serious lessons.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? by rottable(m): 11:11am On May 12, 2021
The agreement is okay except for number 4, where it states that the landlord can enter your apartment at any time....... You are about to give away your privacy.

161 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? by ProfAmaben(m): 2:17pm On May 12, 2021
Is the house in Banana Island or Maitama? Why all the long grammar just to stay somewhere for a year?

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? by stunnert(m): 2:17pm On May 12, 2021
U
Re: Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? by WiszyFraud: 2:17pm On May 12, 2021
Did you know??

If everyone in the world washed their hands properly, we could save 1 million lives a year.

cool

5 Likes

Re: Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? by Synord(m): 2:18pm On May 12, 2021
This is a poorly drafted and ambiguous agreement .

Clause b3 and b4 are ambiguous . The attention aspect of the agreement is ambiguous , unneeded and poorly drafted .

What you are asking for is a professional legal advice which I can offer but of course, it is not free .

I would advise you don’t sign the agreement and if you need proper reasons as to why and what to do next , you can contact me via Pm or seek a nearby lawyer .

Remember , ignorance of the law is not an excuse and violenti non fit injuria .

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? by BruncleZuma: 2:18pm On May 12, 2021
grin grin grin grin

Once you sign, you're no longer protected under the applicable Tenancy Laws (If nah Lagos you dey)

5 Likes

Re: Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 2:19pm On May 12, 2021
OGA SABINUS GO AND BUILD YOUR OWN HOUSE undecided undecided

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? by Koryc: 2:19pm On May 12, 2021
Its fair, you can sign nothing really serious in the agreement.
Re: Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? by Rahkman: 2:20pm On May 12, 2021
This one na blood convenant

4 Likes

Re: Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? by Romanoff(f): 2:20pm On May 12, 2021
The agreement is okay.

If you're okay with maintaining the house colour.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? by dominique(f): 2:21pm On May 12, 2021
Confusing English. Which one is demised premises Bayi?

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? by bigdammyj: 2:21pm On May 12, 2021
Notef.

Go ahead
Re: Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? by bigdammyj: 2:21pm On May 12, 2021
Noted.

Go ahead

1 Like

Re: Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? by somehow: 2:22pm On May 12, 2021
rottable:
The agreement is okay except for number 4, where it states that the landlord can enter your apartment at any time....... You are about to give away your privacy.

This must be changed.

The landlord does not have right to enter his premises once payment is made without his permission.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? by teacherbim(f): 2:22pm On May 12, 2021
I just moved into a new apartment,I will send the agreement form for you to read shortly,I think this , nothing has in this.
Re: Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? by Cutehector(m): 2:22pm On May 12, 2021
Nigerians sef.. Why not come and ask us to give you go ahead to knack your girlfriend or wife.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? by oluwaseyi0: 2:22pm On May 12, 2021
I don't see anything of major concern here
Re: Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? by gr8child(m): 2:22pm On May 12, 2021
Why do you want someone to work for you for free? Go and pay a lawyer.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? by WibusJaga: 2:23pm On May 12, 2021
Normal legal jargon. Nothing outrageous.

1 Like

Re: Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? by ecomalchemist(m): 2:23pm On May 12, 2021
it's best you build your house to avoid seeing finish from mini gods called landlords. On top say i wan rent your house, you still wan invade my privacy join

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 12, 2021
angry
Re: Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? by socialmediaman: 2:23pm On May 12, 2021
Nothing stands out significantly. Sometimes state law also makes some lease clauses unenforceable

2 Likes

Re: Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? by Lastmankc(m): 2:23pm On May 12, 2021
Wetin him mean by allowing the landlord or adult to enter demise premises?Him dey pray make him tenant die?

16 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo Of The Bariga Building That Collapsed In Lagos / My Landlord Wants Me To Pay A Debt I Didn't Accrue / 'This House Is Not For Sale': Are They Really Not For Sale?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.