Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,008 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Kevin Akpoguma Names Everton Winger Iwobi Among Four Top Players In Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kevin Akpoguma Names Everton Winger Iwobi Among Four Top Players In Super Eagles (336 Views)

Kevin Akpoguma: FIFA Approves Ex-German Youth Star’s Switch To Nigeria / Fans Hail Lionel Messi For Dribbling Top Players (Photos) / NFF Target Kevin Akpoguma Scores Bundesliga's 1000th Own Goal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kevin Akpoguma Names Everton Winger Iwobi Among Four Top Players In Super Eagles by Debstegab100(m): 9:36pm On Oct 07, 2020
TSG Hoffenheim's Kevin Akpoguma has admitted that he opted to switch his international allegiance from Germany to Nigeria because the three-time African champions have some top players in their ranks.

Everton winger Alex Iwobi, Leicester City midfielder Wilfred Ndidi, Villarreal star Samuel Chukwueze and Napoli's record acquisition Victor Osimhen were all namechecked among the standout players in the Nigeria squad.

Akpoguma, who is set to make his senior debut either against Algeria or Tunisia in the coming days, is confident that manager Gernot Rohr can build a formidable team with these set of players and stressed that he has to work hard to break into the starting lineup.

In an Instagram conversation with the Super Eagles Media Team , Akpoguma said : "I decided for Nigeria because I see a lot of potential in the team, in the country.

"We have top players like Sammy (Chukwueze), Victor (Osimhen), Wilfred Ndidi, Iwobi - they are top players, they are playing in top leagues.

"If you put all of them together you'll have a great team, for me it is a big honour to play with these guys.

"It's not like you are German-born and want to play for Nigeria, everything is going automatically, I have to prove myself on the pitch, it's not like you just come from Europe and you are directly in the side, you have to train hard to be successful as a team.

"That's what I like in the team and that's why I decided to play for my fatherland...."

The Nigerian Federation have attempted to persuade other German-born stars with Bundesliga experience such as Felix Uduokhai (Augsburg), Jordan Torunarigha (Hertha BSC) and Kingsley Ehizibue (Cologne) to pledge their international futures to the Super Eagles.

(1) (Reply)

Man City Vs Arsenal: Match Preview, Build-up, Team News, Kick-off Time, Watch / Mohamed Salah Joined Sadio Mane And Thiago Alcantara In Training / Betting Tips, Don't Lose Money This Weekend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.