Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,812 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal (6113 Views)

Buhari: We Have Made Impact On Security, Economy, Corruption / Omisore: My Focus Is Governor Oyetola’s Re-Election / US Secretary Of State, Antony Blinken To Meet With Buhari Over Security, Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal by Oluwolex2000(m): 2:07pm On May 12, 2022
2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus, Tambuwal Tells Forum of Ex-PDP NWC

Leading presidential aspirant and Governor of Sokoto State, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, has reiterated that security and the economy will be his main focus area should he emerge as the flag bearer of the People’s Democratic Party [PDP] and subsequently President of Nigeria.

Mr Tambuwal gave this indication yesterday in Abuja, in continuation of his engagements with stakeholders and delegates of the People’s Democratic Party [PDP] when he met the forum of the former National Working Committee of PDP who are delegates at the May 28 convention. He was accompanied by Senator Tunde Ogbeha, Former governor of Sokoto Attahiru Bafrawa as well as Deputy Governor of Zamfara state, Mahadi Aliu Gusau.

Speaking on the issue of insecurity in Nigeria, Governor Tambuwal said he would personally present a bill for the creation of state police to the National Assembly.

“The main reason why we have so much insecurity is lack of political will. If you say you need the approval of the US government to buy certain ammunition, do you also need their approval to recruit more men into the police, Army and other security agencies? Do we also need US approval to train and retrain our security men?

“What is the firepower of the bandits and other terrorists? In the absence of these sophisticated weapons, can’t we get the AK 47 and other not so sophisticated weapons?

“We must also address the root cause of insecurity like jobs, marginalisation and the rest. If we address marginalisation, we won’t have the issues we have in the South-East. How can there not be someone from the South-East in the 8 top positions of this country? Under my watch, that cannot happen. I had done it before as Speaker of the House of Reps where all zones were considered when we constituted committees. My colleagues are still alive; you can ask them.

Speaking on the economy, the former speaker said the current administration of President Buhari has rubbished whatever gain the PDP government made in the last 16 years adding that he would pay constant attention to the economy.

“We have done it before. We have the best hands in PDP to manage our economy. Not people who want to run for office and also manage our economy,” he said.

Similarly, on restructuring, Governor Tambuwal noted the idea of restructuring differs but stressed that what Nigerians want is inclusive and participatory government.

“Restructuring means different things to different leaders. For example, the appointments commissioners for RMAFC, Civil Service Commission, Federal Character, and Population commissioner should be done by the state and screened by the state House of Assembly with the power of recall. That is restructuring.

“State police is restructuring. But I don’t think it’s possible for Nigeria, at this time, to go back to the regional government. Therefore, we must pick the issues one by one to fix them to suit what Mr A sees as restructuring, What B sees as restructuring. and what C as restructuring.”

Tambuwal who also doubles as the chairman of the PDP Governors’ Forum promised the Forum of EX- NWC members that he would not abandon party men who will work for the victory of the party at the poll and run after technocrats noting that “We are all technocrats here. We have gone to the best of schools and excelled in our various fields. I as president will appoint people from within the PDP”.

Speaking on behalf of the members of the Ex-NWC forum, the Chairperson, Kema Chikwe, described governor Tambuwal as a leader who is ready to speak on issues and a truly detribalized Nigeria who for the past 8 or more years has been spending the Christmas holiday in the South East.

Other members of the Forum present at the consultative meeting include Adamu Mu'azu former PDP national chairman, Kola Ologbondiyan, Senator Ben Obi, Jude Okoye, Olisa Metuh, Abdullahi MaiBasira, Eddy Olafeso, amongst others.

Equally, Hon. Abdul Ningi, who described himself as an Atiku Abubakar man but noted that Tambuwal is one leader who can rebuild Nigeria and return PDP to power.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/2023-presidency-security-economy-restructuring-ll-be-my-focus-tambuwal/amp/

1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal by pillager: 2:16pm On May 12, 2022
Like sokoto abi ? undecided

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal by Ololanla: 2:16pm On May 12, 2022
The gullible ones will believe you not me.
Both APC and PDP have failed us.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal by kingGoldust(m): 2:17pm On May 12, 2022
lori iro

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal by Abbeytoy(m): 2:17pm On May 12, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal by southsouthking(m): 2:17pm On May 12, 2022
All of you should getat

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal by Cheapgadget(f): 2:17pm On May 12, 2022
Tambuwa for president
Re: 2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal by MAGG0T(m): 2:17pm On May 12, 2022
shocked

I'm just wondering what if APC loses next year's election, which I know they'll surely lose...

What will be the fate of Afonja head slammers
Re: 2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal by Concience55: 2:17pm On May 12, 2022
There's no doubt that you will perform better than Buhari.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal by pmc01(m): 2:17pm On May 12, 2022
Make una dey whyne unasef dey go

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal by JB4life: 2:18pm On May 12, 2022
They don come again.

Issorite.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal by SIMONEKPA7: 2:18pm On May 12, 2022
Worst of PDP is better than the best of the evil party Congress. Apc

5 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal by Spactacle(m): 2:18pm On May 12, 2022
Everyone of them just dey sweet talk nonsense now.. give them the opportunity to be the president and watch how fast they'll transform into the typical monster that they are..

It's better we don't have any president at all than these set of people.. God forbid

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal by Chevronstaff: 2:18pm On May 12, 2022
What is Tambuwal 7 years achievements in office if no government school students can register for WAEC in his state..
A governor who could not promote education with zero enrolment in WAEC in 2022 wants to be the President of Nigeria.. Nonsense..!!!
Re: 2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal by harmargedon: 2:18pm On May 12, 2022
Ask him what measures he has taken to keep his community and his people safe.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal by IPIGSRHYPO: 2:18pm On May 12, 2022
pillager:
Like sokoto abi ? undecided
grin
Re: 2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal by dynicks(m): 2:18pm On May 12, 2022
Immediately he made that point statement, this was exactly the expression his spirit-self made...

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal by ljoh: 2:19pm On May 12, 2022
Nigeria needs restructuring
Re: 2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal by WibusJaga: 2:20pm On May 12, 2022
sad

All of them claim to have solutions to Nigeria problems, but after election they become clueless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal by ismodiwa(m): 2:21pm On May 12, 2022
You're among the worst performing Governor's
Go and improve the Economy and end banditry in sokoto..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal by funmi37: 2:21pm On May 12, 2022
We need more than he can offer

In other news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYw_YLOGm8c

FANZTALKFOOTBALL
Please SUBSCRIBE
Re: 2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal by Sarsaproko: 2:21pm On May 12, 2022
Na this one go win pdp primaries..
Re: 2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal by Jerrydox(m): 2:22pm On May 12, 2022
Rest in Jesus name
Re: 2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal by frankmoney(m): 2:22pm On May 12, 2022
Is that not the focus of everyone contesting ?

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal by Heavensent01(m): 2:23pm On May 12, 2022
No Northerner can restructure Nigeria, they know they're on disadvantage

what's Northerners resource to the country than mentioning agricultural product and animal bloody husbandry that only benefit the private owners, people that dont pay taxes

the only thing Northerners had is terrorism and waste of money (sharing money to them up and down in the course of empowerment programme)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal by Eriokanmi: 2:24pm On May 12, 2022
Have you secured Sokoto as governor first? What do these people take Nigeria for? grin grin Clown!
Re: 2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal by bakesntakes(m): 2:24pm On May 12, 2022
Trade your gift cards yourself and avoid getting ripped. follow link in signature''

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is This Nyesom Wike ? (pics ) / Re: E-x-p-o-s-e-d!!! Buhari (did Not) Lie(d).................picture -koboko69 / Breaking:tension As Soldiers Clash With Militants Inside Creek, Many Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.