Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,341 members, 7,839,607 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Unlike Osun In 2018, Confusion Hits Ondo SDP Over Akeredolu Jegede's Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unlike Osun In 2018, Confusion Hits Ondo SDP Over Akeredolu Jegede's Election (260 Views)

Ondo Assembly, Others ‘disown’ Aiyedatiwa Over Akeredolu-succession Claim / Ondo State Govt Cabinet Splits Into Factions Over Akeredolu’s Ill-health / Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unlike Osun In 2018, Confusion Hits Ondo SDP Over Akeredolu Jegede's Election by Honbright(m): 10:17am On Oct 08, 2020
Unlike the joint force of the candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) in Osun state 2018 governorship election, Iyiola Omisore, members of the party and supporters who had teamed up with the All Progressives Congress (APC) in September, 2018 supplementary poll to help Gboyega Oyetola emerged as Osun state governor, VOICE AIR MEDIA has reliably gathered.

The struggle for the seat of power in Ondo State, witnessed a new twist on Monday, as the candidate of the opposition Social Democratic Party (SDP), Mr. Peter Fasua stepped down from the race to support the Incumbent Governor, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, saying that “ I share the same vision with Akeredolu”.

While, The SDP member representing Idanre/Ifedore Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives, Hon. Tajudeen Adefisoye, also endorsed Akeredolu for reelection, saying “Mr. Governor has assured me that he would develop Idanre”.

The development indicates that the SDP has partly supported the candidates of the two major political parties in the state and that the party no longer has a Candidate for the governorship election.

The Osun SDP's decision was documented in a communique titled “SDP communique on Osun election from meetings held at Osogbo, Iwo, Ile-Ife, Ede and Ilesha on Monday, September 24.”

The party, whose candidate returned third with 128,049 votes in the election on Saturday, said its decision was made after consultations with its leaderships and members in the 30 local government areas of Osun State.

VOICE AIR MEDIA learnt that Adefisoye, popularly known as Small Alhaji, who addressed his supporters in Idanre on Monday, said “after consulting very widely with the leaders of SDP and other important leaders within and outside of Ondo State, especially the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rt. Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila, I have decided to support the APC. But I want to assure that this decision was primarily taken for the sake of continuous development in Idanre/Ifedore federal constituency.

Source, Details here...https://www.voiceairmedia.com/2020/10/unlike-osun-in-2018-ondo-sdp-candidate.html

(1) (Reply)

Alleged Insider’s Fraud: Heritage Bank Manager’s Trial Sparks Integrity Issues ! / Nans Lagos Berates Fg, Charge Fg/igp To Reform Sars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigeria / In The Age Of Information Ignorance Is A Choice. My Opinion On #endsars.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.