Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari (1145 Views)

Fuel Subsidy: NAIRAXI To Digitize Public Transport To Mitigate Adverse Effects / Boko Haram’s Attack On UN Helicopter Won’t Be Without Consequences – Buhari / Recession Looms As Buhari Aso Rock Cabals Set Niger Delta On Fire Over NDDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by Officialhorlah(m): 5:45pm On Oct 08, 2020
Nigeria’s economy may relapse into a second recession in four years with significant negative consequences, President Muhammadu Buhari has said.

He said this during the 2021 budget presentation to a joint session of the National Assembly on Thursday.

The proposed expenditure is put at N13.08 trillion with crude oil benchmark price of $40 per barrel and daily oil production estimate of 1.86 million barrels.

The budget includes a N1.35 trillion spending by government-owned enterprises and grants and aid-funded expenditure of N354.85 billion.

In his presentation, the president said the 2021 budget was prepared amidst a challenging global and domestic environment due to the the COVID-19 pandemic, low oil prices and heightened global economic uncertainty.

The Nigerian economy is currently facing serious challenges, he said, with the macroeconomic environment being significantly disrupted by the pandemic.

Real GDP growth declined by 6.1 percent in the second quarter of 2020, according to the National Bureau of Statistics.

“This ended the three-year trend of positive, but modest, real GDP growth recorded since the second quarter of 2017. I am glad to note that, through our collective efforts, our economy performed relatively better than that of many other developed and emerging economies,” Mr Buhari said.

“GDP growth is projected to be negative in the third quarter of this year. As such, our economy may lapse into the second recession in four years, with significant adverse consequences.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/419256-another-recession-looms-with-adverse-consequences-buhari.html

Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by osamz007: 5:46pm On Oct 08, 2020
TELL THAT IDIOT TO SHUT UP . HE DESERVES A SLAP FOR OUR SUFFERING

7 Likes

Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by patiencebest: 5:54pm On Oct 08, 2020
This man(buhari)is indeed shameless

2 Likes

Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by Fleshly: 5:55pm On Oct 08, 2020
Foolish will always sound as foolish does! Can anything good ever come out of this god-forsaken senile old man??

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 08, 2020
What a genius this man Buhari grin

2 Likes

Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by FarahAideed: 5:56pm On Oct 08, 2020
You can never have sense

2 Likes

Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by Ehiscotch(m): 6:01pm On Oct 08, 2020
It was expected, sir. With the impact of the Covid-19 worldwide, it would easier for a camel to pass the eye of a needle than for us not to record quarterly decline in our GDP.

If only your vision for self-sufficiency has come into play, Nigerians would barely feel any impact of global oil prices or foreign exchange, especially in agriculture.

I just hope and pray that your policies bear fruits early: the rails, roads, Siemens deal and Mambilla power project, and ports.

Thank God, our populace has been reawakened on the need to vote. Look how all states are being keenly contested and the relatively level playing ground afforded all parties.

We will get there.

1 Like

Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by chiefolododo(m): 6:02pm On Oct 08, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by Ehiscotch(m): 6:06pm On Oct 08, 2020
Fleshly:
Foolish will always sound as foolish does! Can anything good ever come out of this god-forsaken senile old man??

Why the anger? Did you expect Nigeria to survive the impact of both low oil prices and the adverse effects of Covid-19?

If we had had self sufficiency in agriculture, people won't be hungry and wailing but we won't get there in a hurry, these things take time.

We all have our grievances but let's be guided and desist from making uncouth and petty statements.
Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by BigSarah(f): 6:33pm On Oct 08, 2020
Here we go again

1 Like

Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by Monimatic(m): 7:28pm On Oct 08, 2020
Here we go again....Buhari the first and only President in the history of Nigeria to lead Nigeria into 3 different recessions.

I need to get out of this country asap next year

2 Likes

Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by Aksnoopy: 7:33pm On Oct 08, 2020
Lmao! Canada calling me, I need to pick up ASAP!!!

1 Like

Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:44pm On Oct 08, 2020
Ehiscotch:

Why the anger? Did you expect Nigeria to survive the impact of both low oil prices and the adverse effects of Covid-19?

If we had had self sufficiency in agriculture, people won't be hungry and wailing but we won't get there in a hurry, these things take time.

We all have our grievances but let's be guided and desist from making uncouth and petty statements.

Sharap
Ebonyi farmers like their counterparts up north are having their crops destroyed by herdsmen, what self sufficiency are you dreaming about?
The famine coming would make you protest opening borders soon, Abi no be Buhari?
Even Northerners pushed him out in 84

2 Likes

Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by CodeTemplar: 7:47pm On Oct 08, 2020
While the govt fold arms and focus on oil. . .

2 Likes

Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by Marine54(m): 7:48pm On Oct 08, 2020
Buhari you're recession yourself !

2 Likes

Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by Racoon(m): 7:49pm On Oct 08, 2020
See as the clueless man is saying it- "recession with adverse consequences"? Who is in charge? Champion of endless recession & winner for Nigeria the inglorious title of the world headquarters of extreme poverty.

3 Likes

Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by CodeTemplar: 7:49pm On Oct 08, 2020
Ehiscotch:
It was expected, sir. With the impact of the Covid-19 worldwide, it would easier for a camel to pass the eye of a needle than for us not to record quarterly decline in our GDP.

If only your vision for self-sufficiency has come into play, Nigerians would barely feel any impact of global oil prices or foreign exchange, especially in agriculture.

I just hope and pray that your policies bear fruits early: the rails, roads, Siemens deal and Mambilla power project, and ports.

Thank God, our populace has been reawakened on the need to vote. Look how all states are being keenly contested and the relatively level playing ground afforded all parties.

We will get there.
He was chasing oil when he should have been on agriculture.

1 Like

Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by seunlayi(m): 8:02pm On Oct 08, 2020
We are used to it
Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by slivertongue: 8:30pm On Oct 08, 2020
GMBs incompetence is the bane of the collapse of the economy

1 Like

Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:32pm On Oct 08, 2020
I laugh when I watch endsars protest. The real protest is either a break up or restructure.

When they end SARS, expect police saboteurs who will rub your neighbourhood.
The country is in a total mess and only restructure or break up can help a bit.
Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by ERockson: 8:33pm On Oct 08, 2020
This president keep pushing Nigeria into avoidable recession. History will never speak well of this man
Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by Maxymilliano(m): 8:51pm On Oct 08, 2020
Is this supposed to be a threat or what ?

1 Like

Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by Ehiscotch(m): 9:29pm On Oct 08, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

Sharap
Ebonyi farmers like their counterparts up north are having their crops destroyed by herdsmen, what self sufficiency are you dreaming about?
The famine coming would make you protest opening borders soon, Abi no be Buhari?
Even Northerners pushed him out in 84

True. I do not disagree that there has long been herder-farmer clashes all over the country right from time; and I also agree that the government should do more to address the issue but are we going to overlook the strides the government has taken in agriculture?

Don't you know the basic concept of economics? We do not have enough forex to give to importers of basic consumption in which we have the capacity to produce, who does that?

How do you open borders for every kind of good to penetrate the market and shortchange your farmers?

How do people get motivated to go back to agriculture when the cannot meet up to the market prices?

You guys don't actually have any single economic knowledge but you would be filling Nairaland with nonsense, crude and backward knowledge.

How can we get to the status of a developing nation when we import all we consume?

It defies even the most basic and crude concept of economic development.
Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by Ehiscotch(m): 9:32pm On Oct 08, 2020
CodeTemplar:
He was chasing oil when he should have been on agriculture.

LMAO. Has any government since democracy been more resilient and dogged in improving the agricultural sector of this country than this or have you been filtering the news you read?
Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by chichima67791: 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2020
This prez keep pushing Nigeria into avoidable economy. annals will never speak well of this woman
Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:15pm On Oct 08, 2020
Ehiscotch:

True. I do not disagree that there has long been herder-farmer clashes all over the country right from time; and I also agree that the government should do more to address the issue but are we going to overlook the strides the government has taken in agriculture?

Don't you know the basic concept of economics? We do not have enough forex to give to importers of basic consumption in which we have the capacity to produce, who does that?

How do you open borders for every kind of good to penetrate the market and shortchange your farmers?

How do people get motivated to go back to agriculture when the cannot meet up to the market prices?

You guys don't actually have any single economic knowledge but you would be filling Nairaland with nonsense, crude and backward knowledge.

How can we get to the status of a developing nation when we import all we consume?

You would soon protest, leave all these story
Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by History555: 10:34pm On Oct 08, 2020
Ehiscotch:

Have u ever visit the market and did not see food. People are hungry because of the cost of food not scarcity of food
Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by nameo: 11:04pm On Oct 08, 2020
Ehiscotch:

Mr Man, plzz stop "preaching"

The man you quoted also said that this country has entered 3 recessions under just one man- Buhari. Was it Covid that caused it those 3 times?
Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by Ehiscotch(m): 11:06pm On Oct 08, 2020
History555:

Have u ever visit the market and did not see food. People are hungry because of the cost of food not scarcity of food

When the demand exceeds supply the prices would go down. The prices are only high because there is not enough food produced. Remember they are mostly perishable and seasonal so people sell at a lower cost to prevent loss or losing entirely to spoilage.

I agree that there is hunger; I am not exempted, but we have to believe it is for the best.

The darkest hour is just before dawn.
Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by Overself: 11:14pm On Oct 08, 2020
I don't blame Buhari. Is the Yorubas that I blame. Tinubu and the Yorubas brought us two recession in a row.
Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by Overself: 11:15pm On Oct 08, 2020
[s]
Ehiscotch:
When the demand exceeds supply the prices would go down. The prices are only high because there is not enough food produced. Remember they are mostly personable and seasonal so people sell at a lower cost to prevent loss or losing entirely to spoilage.

I agree that there is hunger; I am not exempted, but we have to believe it is for the best.

The darkest hour is just before dawn.

[/s]
Shut ur stupid mouth....Fool!
Re: Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari by Ehiscotch(m): 11:16pm On Oct 08, 2020
nameo:

Mr Man, plzz stop "preaching"

The man you quoted also said that this country has entered 3 recessions under just one man- Buhari. Was it Covid that caused it those 3 times?

So should I take what he said at face value or in full and proper context.

Sometimes make we dey try dey logical, sir.

You know say the other recession na dip in oil prices and bombing of refineries na im cause am. You know say we don been dey plan to borrow to pay salaries and governors been no fit pay salary prior to 2015. How recession no go happen?

If you reduce the income of a family drastically and you expect that family to maintain the same financial status overnight, baba, then you no dey yarn truth.

The earlier we start to tell ourselves the truth, the better e go be for us.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Can Not Be Reformed / Sw-amotekun, South East Has Their Security Network.. What Does South South Have? / The 10 Worst Nigeria Presidents (No. 7 Will Shock You) – WATCH VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.