Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,541 members, 7,812,683 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. (2301 Views)

Please How Much Will It Cost To Deck This 3bedroom Duplex / Build This 3bedroom Bungalow With N7.8m / Build This 3bedroom Bungalow For N6m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by nannymcphee(f): 5:59pm On Oct 08, 2020
Its 2units of 3bedroom. Suggestions and corrections are welcome

Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by Patosky4U: 6:03pm On Oct 08, 2020
The person below me may have something to say
Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by Madibah(m): 6:04pm On Oct 08, 2020
The person below might have something to say not me
Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by MRFIXER001: 6:15pm On Oct 08, 2020
Why do you want people to criticize it? This is a good plan. If you need an engineer regarding this project you can contact me +2348127478080 +2347046517600(WHATSAPP)
Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by gentlesinna(m): 6:23pm On Oct 08, 2020
I love this design....
Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by Nbotee(m): 6:32pm On Oct 08, 2020
nannymcphee:

Why is ur backyard balcony d only part of the building with access to the stairs?
Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by yosmen: 6:59pm On Oct 08, 2020
the passage too narrow. no lighting

1 Like

Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by yosmen: 7:04pm On Oct 08, 2020
main entrance door and dinning door is affecting effective circulation within the living room space. the arrow of the staircase are not well directed.
Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by nannymcphee(f): 7:23pm On Oct 08, 2020
yosmen:
main entrance door and dinning door is affecting effective circulation within the living room space. the arrow of the staircase are not well directed.

Please How do I ensure effective circulation?

What's your recommendation for the passage?

I will seek clarification from architect for direction of the staircase, I also dont understand the position of the door at the back balcony.

CC
Nbotee
Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by Heymus(m): 7:39pm On Oct 08, 2020
Nbotee:

Why is ur backyard balcony d only part of the building with access to the stairs?
That's not true, there are 2 staircase in that building, one for the entrance and other for the exit from kitchen (excape route).
To the op kindly tell your Architect to open the exit staircase outside not inside the balcony on the ground floor.
Reasons are
1. The staircase is not meant for the flat on the ground floor so why opening it in the apartment?.

2. This will enable the people using the upper floor to do anyhow on another people's balcony when they are trying to access the staircase.
Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by yosmen: 7:52pm On Oct 08, 2020
nannymcphee:

Please How do I ensure effective circulation?

What's your recommendation for the passage?

I will seek clarification from architect for direction of the staircase, I also dont understand the position of the door at the back balcony.

CC
Nbotee

remove the entire passage, make it as short as possible, the main entrance door should not b centralized
Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by Nbotee(m): 8:45pm On Oct 08, 2020
Heymus:
That's not true, there are 2 staircase in that building, one for the entrance and other for the exit from kitchen (excape route).
To the op kindly tell your Architect to open the exit staircase outside not inside the balcony on the ground floor.
Reasons are
1. The staircase is not meant for the flat on the ground floor so why opening it in the apartment?.

2. This will enable the people using the upper floor to do anyhow on another people's balcony when they are trying to access the staircase.

I meant to say "Flat" not building. I want to assume dat plan is for the first floor whixh if it only leads to the balcony at the back
Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by denny97797: 10:00pm On Oct 08, 2020
core gate window and dinning window is affecting effect circulates within the abode bathroom workspace. the cursor of the stairwell are not well directed.
Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by nannymcphee(f): 10:07pm On Oct 08, 2020
Heymus:
Reasons are

I dont fully get this, please can you explain in another way

A rough sketch might help please.

This is the front elevation, my understanding is that circle 1 leads to the entrace door to the ground floor

circle 2 leads to the staircase to the 1st floor

some folks advised I introduce window in the dining and passage, what i dont get is this is an enclosed staircase, what difference will the window make.

Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by Richardjcooper(m): 10:30pm On Oct 08, 2020
nannymcphee:
Give the job to an architect. Lots of errors on this. Poor lighting, air circulation is bad, narrow lobby and wtf is your visitor’s toilet doing there? This is 2020. This is so uncoordinated.
Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by nannymcphee(f): 10:36pm On Oct 08, 2020
Richardjcooper:

Give the job to an architect. Lots of errors on this. Poor lighting, air circulation is bad, narrow lobby and wtf is your visitor’s toilet doing there? This is 2020. This is so uncoordinated.

This is a product of an architect. I need inputs to be able to tell him what i want. I am stuck kinda cos I have already made part payment
Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by Richardjcooper(m): 10:46pm On Oct 08, 2020
nannymcphee:

This is a product of an architect. I need inputs to be able to tell him what i want. I am stuck kinda cos I have already made part payment

Are you sure? This your ‘architect’ doesn’t know anything oo. Get a good architect
Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by Josnac(m): 10:56pm On Oct 08, 2020
nannymcphee:

Making part payment isn't the issue, it's to make part payment to someone who actually knows what they're designing.

I can't give this to someone even if it's free of charge, and you talk say Na architect design am
Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by Josnac(m): 11:15pm On Oct 08, 2020
nannymcphee:

First off, from what I'm seeing, this appears to be a commercial building.
He can start by rearranging the lounge/dining/kitchen setting such that the current kitchen would become the dining, this allows cross-ventilation for the lounge/dining.

Thereafter, he would scale down the size of the lounge and move the the bedroom close to the original kitchen over to the front side of the building.

He can find a way to fit in other features needed there to make this look better and comfortable for occupants.

NB: the attached image is for illustration of what I recommended for the lounge/dining/kitchen.

Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by Josnac(m): 11:21pm On Oct 08, 2020
nannymcphee:

This is the front elevation, my understanding is that circle 1 leads to the entrace door to the ground floor

some folks advised I introduce window in the dining and passage, what i dont get is this is an enclosed staircase, what difference will the window make.

Window between dining and passageway won't do any good..a rearrangement of the current setting to ease ventilation is ideal.

This image drives home my point.. anything else, you go pay.. grin grin

Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by yosmen: 11:54pm On Oct 08, 2020
Richardjcooper:

Are you sure? This your ‘architect’ doesn’t know anything oo. Get a good architect

Roadside architect or a professional architect? Everyone claims professional these days even bricklayers

1 Like

Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by smokey12345: 12:19am On Oct 09, 2020
wel i thinkk with my little knowledge in architecture, you will have to rearrange this whole design.

No circulation in the main lounge.. someone talking about no lighting in the design i think glass block can easily solve that problem but pls make sure you do all the correction in the design before you go further because the functionality of the design is not really ok
Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by Heymus(m): 2:46am On Oct 09, 2020
nannymcphee:

yes I understand that, where you marked 1 stands for the entrance to the flat on the ground floor and 2 is the entrance that leads to the upper floor, so I mean the staircase you're having at the back (exit from the kitchen). Just look at the sketch I attached, never mind about the look

Those who are telling you about the ventilation of the lobby and sitting room are very correct, that enclosed staircase is really choking the ventilation of the dining, lobby and sitting room.

Your Architect should be creative enough to give room for cross ventilation in your living room at least. Expecially that long lobby, it will be dark at the end of the day.

Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by Heymus(m): 2:51am On Oct 09, 2020
Nbotee:

I meant to say "Flat" not building. I want to assume dat plan is for the first floor whixh if it only leads to the balcony at the back
ground floor plan not first floor
Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by Richardjcooper(m): 8:05am On Oct 09, 2020
yosmen:

Roadside architect or a professional architect? Everyone claims professional these days even bricklayers

This one is worse than roadside. An experienced draughtsman or a student architect wouldn’t do such. This is an eye sore. There’s nothing that can be amended in this ‘design’. It will just give one headache. Arrangement and modular coordination is so so bad. Op if it’s possible collect your half payment from the guy.
Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by Richardjcooper(m): 8:07am On Oct 09, 2020
smokey12345:
wel i thinkk with my little knowledge in architecture, you will have to rearrange this whole design.

No circulation in the main lounge.. someone talking about no lighting in the design i think glass block can easily solve that problem but pls make sure you do all the correction in the design before you go further because the functionality of the design is not really ok

Very apt
Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by Dowenship(m): 8:12am On Oct 09, 2020
If you are in need of a good and professional architect, check my last thread on my signature
Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by Zabiboy: 9:57am On Oct 09, 2020
Josnac:

Window between dining and passageway won't do any good..a rearrangement of the current setting to ease ventilation is ideal.

This image drives home my point.. anything else, you go pay.. grin grin

Op @ nannymcphee
I think you should go with this...
Just that, the masters bedroom should be the one marked M below..
Also, there should be a space between the kitchen and the toilet for library shelf/ ironing board/washing machine or other little impr things..
If space is still enough in the kitchen, make a section for Store..
GL

Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by smokey12345: 3:17pm On Oct 09, 2020
Even in the new design there is no need for passage there let me try get some correction made there its not by force you do with it, just in my own opinion
Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by smokey12345: 3:23pm On Oct 09, 2020
then the proximity to the bathrooms and toilet is not okay at all imagine mummy and daddy just finish doing it and they want to shower must they been seen trying towel coming from bathroom, why not ensuite.. brother be sincere how much have you paid the guy and how much is your balance you are gonna pay him...i dont trust this guy as an architect with the 2 designs
Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by yosmen: 6:29pm On Oct 10, 2020
Richardjcooper:

This one is worse than roadside. An experienced draughtsman or a student architect wouldn’t do such. This is an eye sore. There’s nothing that can be amended in this ‘design’. It will just give one headache. Arrangement and modular coordination is so so bad. Op if it’s possible collect your half payment from the guy.

there are better architect in this forum she can contact.
Re: Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. by nannymcphee(f): 6:16pm On Oct 11, 2020
Zabiboy:

Op @ nannymcphee
I think you should go with this...
Just that, the masters bedroom should be the one marked M below..
Also, there should be a space between the kitchen and the toilet for library shelf/ ironing board/washing machine or other little impr things..
If space is still enough in the kitchen, make a section for Store..
GL

Thanks to everyone who contributed, I am grateful.

I think i will go with this plan. The attached pic is what i intend to send to the architect. Pls did I miss anything?

I will go with enclosed stairwell as he previously did and request that the kitchen exit be a spiral staircase. Suggestions are welcome please

CC
Josnac
n3xt

(1) (2) (Reply)

EVERLY APARTMENTS, AJAH. CALL US NOW AND SECURE THIS PROMO PRICE! / Secure Your Home With Payment Mortgage Plan For Up To 5-10years+2349030188831 / Estate Agent Needed (ketu-ikosi/alapere Axis)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.