Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,766 members, 7,851,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:09 AM

Transmission Malfunction Of Toyota Corolla - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Transmission Malfunction Of Toyota Corolla (702 Views)

P1656 TOYOTA - Oil Control Valve Circuit Malfunction / The Evolution Of Toyota Corolla From The Year 1966 To Present (photos) / The Evolution Of Toyota Camry From The Year 1983 To Present (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transmission Malfunction Of Toyota Corolla by beeoohtee(m): 7:28pm On Oct 08, 2020
Greetings to all the carlanders and auto gurus in the house...

I drive a 2006 Toyota Corolla. The forward drive transmission isn't sharp anymore. It takes little time to respond to signal. It will only pick up/move forward when I rev continously for about 5 seconds..

When I initially noticed the malfunction, I changed the gear oil and serviced it hoping that would solve the problem. However, the problem still persist.

I scanned the car and the following error codes were obtained;
1. P 0850 - Park/neutral switch input circuit
2. P 0705 - Transmission range sensor A circuit.

I was adviced to repair instead of getting another gear.

1.What could be wrong with the gear?
2. Do the error codes have anything to do with the malfunction?
3. Is it advisable to repair the gear or its better to get a tokunbo gear for outright replacement.?

Pls help a brother in need of professional advice and guidance.

Cc:
Radautoworks
Gazzuzz
Diportivo
Nurey
Re: Transmission Malfunction Of Toyota Corolla by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 08, 2020
Picture of the car and the transmission malfunctioning or no solution for u.
Re: Transmission Malfunction Of Toyota Corolla by weyreypey: 7:38pm On Oct 08, 2020
ArewaOduduwaBia:

1 Like

Re: Transmission Malfunction Of Toyota Corolla by beeoohtee(m): 7:40pm On Oct 08, 2020
It is well with you.

ArewaOduduwaBia:
Re: Transmission Malfunction Of Toyota Corolla by beeoohtee(m): 7:57pm On Oct 08, 2020
[quote author=weyreypey post=94743652][/quote]

Sir weyreypey...

What's your professional thought?

Pls help a brother biko
Re: Transmission Malfunction Of Toyota Corolla by weyreypey: 8:08pm On Oct 08, 2020
beeoohtee:

Sir weyreypey...

What's your professional thought?

Pls help a brother biko

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/p0850-obd-ii-trouble-code-park-neutral-switch-input-circuit-by-yourmechanic

Knock yourself out. Starting with the simplest.
Re: Transmission Malfunction Of Toyota Corolla by beeoohtee(m): 9:11pm On Oct 08, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Car Ringing / What Is The Best Vehicle Diagnostic Scanner To Buy In Nigeria For Japanese Cars? / Difficulty Opening & Locking Car Door With The Key!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.