Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,349 members, 7,957,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:26 AM

Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition (21707 Views)

Aviation Minister, Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition / MC Oluomo Denies Lagos Governorship Ambition / Dino Melaye Declares Governorship Ambition? See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by Omezif(m): 9:58am On Oct 09, 2020
For what reason some people are heartless
Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by princeawada: 9:59am On Oct 09, 2020
Thank God is Friday ooo
Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by Powermind: 10:03am On Oct 09, 2020
This is exactly the same nonsense going on in Nigerian Ports Authority. The mass employment of Northerners even during lockdown and the none employment of eligible Southerners especially contract workers who have been in the organisation since time immemorial

1 Like

Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by Beverlyjean(f): 10:09am On Oct 09, 2020
slivertongue:
Despite owing salaries, the minister has just recruited 280 more staff into FAAN, who are all from the Northern part of the country, it was gathered.

He just recruited 280 ghost workers

1 Like

Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by madridguy(m): 10:14am On Oct 09, 2020
Bros, you dey learn work? He will sell property worth of 1k for his friend for 100 naira and go behind to get the balance. Is it not the same racket Atiku is accused of?

contigiency:

So you allowed yourself to be cajoled by this jungle journalism? So sahara reporters are saying that money realized from the concessioning will be paid into the minister's personal account? You should always know when some vested interests are sponsoring the media to write a damaging piece against certain policies that they think will prevent them from unruly activities.
Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by Carlylepneuma: 10:20am On Oct 09, 2020
Hw was he able to have access to their wages? thought all Ministries and THE rest are on IPPIS
Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by Sagefromtheeast: 10:20am On Oct 09, 2020
Iolo:

Hmmm. Valid points you’ve raised.

No matter how sound you are, you appear very stupid whenever or wherever you openly defend this government.

1 Like

Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by AnanseK(m): 10:34am On Oct 09, 2020
Sirika is the best Minister at the moment. I know that wailers , haters and Igbos will go after him,

The Enugu Airport notwithstanding, How much did Stella Oduah spend in her much hyped flimsy wall paper decorations of the airports that was falling apart even before she left office?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by michoim(m): 10:37am On Oct 09, 2020
Unverified claims! Only fools and biased elements will fall for this...

1 Like

Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by michoim(m): 10:37am On Oct 09, 2020
AnanseK:
Sirika is the best Minister at the moment. I know that wailers , haters and Igbos will go after him,

The Enugu Airport notwithstanding. How muc did Stella Oduah spend in her much hyped flimsy wall paper decorations of the airports that was falling apart even before she left office?
Correct talk
Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by adesharp2(m): 10:41am On Oct 09, 2020
I pitty Katsina people.
Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by MrCork: 10:42am On Oct 09, 2020
BigSarah:
The contract kickbacks aren’t enough for you? Haba

Hello. Am a music video directors & as work with davido, 50sent, beyansi, 2pac, 2face, wisskid, riyana & others. I want u to audition in a expensive video. Can u please send a yor full size naaaaked picture to me directly so I can check it to see when I can invite in for audition..this is yor shance to make moiney & be famous..u interested.. .please hurry
cheesy
Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by Okoroawusa: 10:43am On Oct 09, 2020
Is Nairaland an offshoot of Saharareporters?

All news on Saharareporters make their way to Nairaland front page.
Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by Okoroawusa: 10:46am On Oct 09, 2020
Carlylepneuma:
Hw was he able to have access to their wages? thought all Ministries and THE rest are on IPPIS
My brother the thing no tire u?

Is he the one that pays their salaries? Are salaries collected through envelope at the end of the month?

Only a full will believe this...
Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by Iolo(m): 10:47am On Oct 09, 2020
Sagefromtheeast:

No matter how sound you are, you appear very stupid whenever or wherever you openly defend this government.

Truly said. They haven’t done a good job in so many areas that the few areas where they have appear like a drop in the ocean.

Anyways. My comments on this forum are only to offer context to steer healthy debate and not to be seen as supporting anybody.
Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by Macphenson: 10:52am On Oct 09, 2020
Iolo:
Very poor journalism. I would expect more substance backing the claims at the very least so the story makes more sense.

The minister doesn’t have the power to hold anybodies salary at any of the listed agencies. The article is written to make the reader believe otherwise.

FAAN is fully self funded and doesn’t draw salaries from the FG budget. They are expected to pay salaries from revenues they generate - they charge airlines 1k per ticket sold or so amongst other tariffs. I presume due to the lockdowns they are now struggling to pay salaries.

So why is he recruiting 280 workers since they are struggling to pay salaries, especially this Corona period where agencies are downsizing their work force?

You are only clever by half.
Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by SnakeDoctor011(m): 10:53am On Oct 09, 2020
Baseless allegations!...they are just looking for public sympathy. Why is FAAN the only agency under the Ministry of Aviation complaining? Why are the other agencies like NAMA, NCAA, NIMET, AIB not complaining abi dem no dey collect salaries too?. Definitely FAAN is up to something. The corruption under that particular agency (FAAN) is top-notch! They spent so much money on useless things since they generate funds themselves.

I don't know how a minister will be withholding salaries when the agency generates revenue for themselves...thats very absurd to say the least.

1 Like

Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by Okoroawusa: 10:55am On Oct 09, 2020
andyanders:
I understand ur submission as stated above. In a situation of the covid pandemic where lots of funds were donated to the FG, just tell me where and what they did with those funds.

A minister was given an a/c of billions of funds her ministry spent on feeding Nigerian school children during the lockdown. How did she get that done when no schl was opened. No single child student I knew that they feed during the lockdown.

Now, why shouldn't I blame the gorvernment?
You see the problem with fake news? You wouldn't hear when the news is said to be fake...

The ICPC chair that made that accusation said that he was talking about staff of unity schools claiming to be feeding students in the dormitory during lockdown and that the monies ended up in private accounts. He wasn't referring to the FG school feeding programme.
That particular clarification made it to fp here but I guess you were in Panya then.

1 Like

Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by Reference(m): 10:57am On Oct 09, 2020
In a proper structure the Minister will have absolutely no power to do that.

Restructure Nigeria now.

Nigeria has nothing on me personally and I donot depend on the performance of goverment to live or prosper.

Those that do and will not demand for a fundamental change in the way Nigeria exists and operates should prepare to suffer until they return to the earth.

1 Like

Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by membranus: 11:07am On Oct 09, 2020
Powermind:
This is exactly the same nonsense going on in Nigerian Ports Authority. The mass employment of Northerners even during lockdown and the none employment of eligible Southerners especially contract workers who have been in the organisation since time immediate

It is only the Northerners, that contribute the minimal portion to this country total financial resources, that are enjoying the highest opportunities to employment and largesse in the country.

Nigeria is a scam, let's dissolve it.
Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 09, 2020
Quota system..
Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 09, 2020
Racoon:

Nepotism under this government is unparalleled and unprecedented.Kastina mafias holding grip but neither their home state or the nation is in any way better for it.

Yet some demented people say restructuring or total disintegration should not happen.Kedunu ife mmadu melu ndia bikonu? Achikota ekwee onu.One Nigeria is a joke.Ogbara nkiti kwere ekwe(Silence is consent).
Pplls, get it right. Nepotism has been in Nigeria for long and it always favour the head in a particular ministry or department. Recently SEC denied secret recruitment which was later confirmed exercised, the recruitment exercise where 811 persons were employed, all from Anambra State with 1 from Kano State because Mary Uduk, the Acting Director General of the Commission is from Anambra state.
Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by kazyhm(m): 11:41am On Oct 09, 2020
Iolo:
Very poor journalism. I would expect more substance backing the claims at the very least so the story makes more sense.

The minister doesn’t have the power to hold anybodies salary at any of the listed agencies. The article is written to make the reader believe otherwise.

FAAN is fully self funded and doesn’t draw salaries from the FG budget. They are expected to pay salaries from revenues they generate - they charge airlines 1k per ticket sold or so amongst other tariffs. I presume due to the lockdowns they are now struggling to pay salaries.

You presumption is now a substance backing your assumption.......you get sense
Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by kazyhm(m): 11:44am On Oct 09, 2020
contigiency:

So you allowed yourself to be cajoled by this jungle journalism? So sahara reporters are saying that money realized from the concessioning will be paid into the minister's personal account? You should always know when some vested interests are sponsoring the media to write a damaging piece against certain policies that they think will prevent them from unruly activities.

You'be lost touch with the reality in Nigeria....take issue of NEPA to PHCN to GENCO and whatever other names that was sold. 400 Billion and a record showed recently that Government has spent 1.5 trillion Naira.....do you understand what that is suggesting ?
Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by toye440: 11:47am On Oct 09, 2020
Its normal with hausa ppl, give #1k to n hausa man to share amongst 5 ppl, i can bet u 4 of them would come back to ask u for their pay. If I lie ask Npower Beneficiaries.
Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by Franktom247(m): 11:52am On Oct 09, 2020
Is it not apc again eku next level
Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by Bitchiamjay(m): 12:09pm On Oct 09, 2020
Ehiscotch:

So you are willing to throw all the achievements of the ministry under the bus because of some unsubstantiated claim based on rumours or half-truths?

Has there been anything or clause in the contract that even gives reason for you to believe something so preposterous as this?

Na wa oh, una suppose dey add filter to everything we una dey believe nau.

That stated up there is nothing but the fuuckin truth! Hadi sirika is a fraud! During the time of likes of Stella Oduah, Chidoka, Ortom , FAAN staffs receive salaries on 25th or 26th of the month. This fraudulent man came in and everything changed. I know a woman who told her pastor to put her job in prayers, she works for FAAN, she said this fraudulent sirika is hellbent to sell the airports and it could lead to massive unemployment.

1 Like

Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by gurunlocker: 12:11pm On Oct 09, 2020
An average Nigerian politician is just corrupt!

Can't they just carry out work diligently without thinking of embezzling public funds?
Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by Sakamanjeh99(m): 12:20pm On Oct 09, 2020
Iolo:

U might nt knw....d minister give a final order regrding payment of salary n allowances...he oversee n facilitate revenue generation in d agency too...
Re: Sirika Accused Of Withholding Staff Salaries To Fulfill Governorship Ambition by Cjrane2: 12:53pm On Oct 09, 2020
Hadi Sirika did not withhold anybody's salary!

The Federal Government is simply not providing funds for workers salary. Yet, NLC leaders took bribes and called off their strike. Yet, Nigerians let them off the hook.

Nigerians should learn to tackle problems at the source than look for soft targets as scapegoats.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Paul Arkwright To Nigeria Visits Bola Tinubu / EFCC Reveals Next Line Of Action As Yahaya Bello Obtains Court Order / Taraba State Governorship Election Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.