Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Alpha-beta Fraud: Tinubu Laundered N1 Billion Through The Nation, Two Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alpha-beta Fraud: Tinubu Laundered N1 Billion Through The Nation, Two Others (1027 Views)

N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors / Drug Case:Wherabouts Of Akande And Agbele,Tinubu Laundered 460k In Chicago? / How Nanle Dariye Laundered N1.5 Billion – EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Alpha-beta Fraud: Tinubu Laundered N1 Billion Through The Nation, Two Others by aminulive: 9:57pm On Oct 08, 2020
PEOPLESGAZETTE.COM

Vintage Press, publishers of the Nation newspaper, received N1 billion alongside two other printing firms, according to court documents relating to litigation involving former Lagos governor Bola Tinubu.

A statement of claim recently filed at the Lagos State High Court by Dapo Apara described how funds were moved in apparent money laundering from Alpha-Beta Consulting to businesses and individuals allegedly linked to Bola Tinubu.

Alpha Beta is a company that was previously a contractor to the Lagos government and managed the state’s internally generated revenue in exchange for a commission.

Mr. Apara was amongst the earliest executives of the firm, which has become controversial and has been accused of being a conduit that channels Lagos public funds into Mr. Tinubu’s political empire.

Mr. Apara claims in his statement that Alpha Beta illicitly transferred N1 billion to the company that publishes The Nation, and two other printing companies namely Afkar Printing Press and Lagoon Press Limited in 2017.

The document did not clarify the stated purposes of the N1 billion suspicious transfer or how much of it went to The Nation.

Mr. Tinubu is widely adjudged as the owner of The Nation, a claim neither he nor the company has denied after years of being in circulation. In Mr. Apara’s statement of claim, Mr. Tinubu is also described as a “controlling interest” in Alpha Beta Limited who hid his connection with Alpha Beta from the public.

An October 2 writ that circulated alongside the 40-page court documents dumped in the public domain overnight said Mr. Tinubu and Alpha-Beta must enter a defence in the matter within the next 42 days.

A management official at The Nation did not immediately return a text message seeking comment from Peoples Gazette Thursday afternoon. A spokesman for Mr. Tinubu did not answer telephone calls to his mobile.

Mr. Apara’s court filings come months after he accused Mr. Tinubu of easing him out of the company he founded.

He submitted a cornucopia of corruption allegations against Mr. Tinubu at the anti-graft EFCC, which has failed to expedite its probe into the matter.

Since 1999, Lagos has had successful administrations that are loyal to Mr. Tinubu, who left office himself in 2007 after two terms.

The state has continued to shield its use of public funds from the taxpayers, and multiple court orders to comply with freedom of information and other transparency laws are frequently ignored.

https://peoplesgazette.com/alpha-beta-fraud-tinubu-laundered-n1-billion-through-the-nation-two-others-affidavit/

Re: Alpha-beta Fraud: Tinubu Laundered N1 Billion Through The Nation, Two Others by majamajic(m): 10:00pm On Oct 08, 2020
Hmm

They wan finish our next president

2 Likes

Re: Alpha-beta Fraud: Tinubu Laundered N1 Billion Through The Nation, Two Others by Prosperchuks1344(m): 10:01pm On Oct 08, 2020
Tinubu hehehehehe

1 Like

Re: Alpha-beta Fraud: Tinubu Laundered N1 Billion Through The Nation, Two Others by Prosperchuks1344(m): 10:02pm On Oct 08, 2020
majamajic:
Hmm
u mean future oduduwa president?

2 Likes

Re: Alpha-beta Fraud: Tinubu Laundered N1 Billion Through The Nation, Two Others by FarahAideed: 10:03pm On Oct 08, 2020
Tinubu Laundered 2.5 million dollars ? This is is am insult to Tinubus wealth

1 Like

Re: Alpha-beta Fraud: Tinubu Laundered N1 Billion Through The Nation, Two Others by Prosperchuks1344(m): 10:03pm On Oct 08, 2020
majamajic:
Hmm
u mean future oduduwa president?

1 Like

Re: Alpha-beta Fraud: Tinubu Laundered N1 Billion Through The Nation, Two Others by Racoon(m): 10:09pm On Oct 08, 2020
But perhaps the greatest expose of the farce of the anti-corruption propaganda of the administration was the image that went viral of two bullion vans driving into the residence of the National Leader of the APC and co-chairman of the APC Presidential Campaign Council, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

The former Lagos State Governor’s defense of the incident was a clear demonstration that the whole anti-corruption war is a mere political joke. When asked to explain this, he said: 

“Bullion vans? Are those ballot paper? Excuse me, is it my money or government money? I don’t work for govt, I am not in [any] agency of government. Let anybody come out to say I have taken any contract from the government of President Muhammadu Buhari in the last five years.

“They should prove it. I am on my own, and I am committed to my party. So, even if I have money to spend in my premises, what is your headache? I don’t  represent any agency of government and I have money to spend; if I have money, if I like, I give it to the people free of charge. As long it’s not to buy votes.

“So, who are those watching my house and looking at bullion vans? They must be mischief makers; they report falsehood, their lies are numerous, and it’s because they are jobless”. 

.................Tinubu can boast of his right to have bullion vans moving into his house with cash while Uyi was incarcerated for legally transferring money through a bank with his crime being that he is a lawyer to Atiku. Buhari’s Animal Farm!
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2019/02/tinubus-bullion-vans-and-anti-corruption-campaign/amp/

Hypocrites them! When your hear Tinubu talks about corruption, one may be tempted to thinks he fell down from heaven.Abeg is Sam Omatseye part of the corruption too?

1 Like

Re: Alpha-beta Fraud: Tinubu Laundered N1 Billion Through The Nation, Two Others by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:12pm On Oct 08, 2020
Tinubu and fraud cases are inseparable
Re: Alpha-beta Fraud: Tinubu Laundered N1 Billion Through The Nation, Two Others by GOFRONT(m): 10:13pm On Oct 08, 2020
Breeze don begin blow....Fowl yansh
Re: Alpha-beta Fraud: Tinubu Laundered N1 Billion Through The Nation, Two Others by frankyychiji(f): 10:19pm On Oct 08, 2020
May una hollam! Barawo banza!

Re: Alpha-beta Fraud: Tinubu Laundered N1 Billion Through The Nation, Two Others by Rugaria: 10:21pm On Oct 08, 2020
The Don Corleone of Buorddillion..
Re: Alpha-beta Fraud: Tinubu Laundered N1 Billion Through The Nation, Two Others by Rugaria: 10:24pm On Oct 08, 2020
FarahAideed:
Tinubu Laundered 2.5 million dollars ? This is is am insult to Tinubus wealth

The Nation newspaper must be taken over by the State and closed permanently! That utterly fithy newspaper only glorifies the evil exploits of the father of modern corruption in Nigeria: HUSHCOBAR TINUBU

1 Like

Re: Alpha-beta Fraud: Tinubu Laundered N1 Billion Through The Nation, Two Others by Macphenson: 10:33pm On Oct 08, 2020
Okooo
Re: Alpha-beta Fraud: Tinubu Laundered N1 Billion Through The Nation, Two Others by deboysben(m): 10:36pm On Oct 08, 2020
Tinubu days of reckoning is already here.

1 Like

Re: Alpha-beta Fraud: Tinubu Laundered N1 Billion Through The Nation, Two Others by jlinkd78(m): 10:41pm On Oct 08, 2020
It's now over for Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Alpha-beta Fraud: Tinubu Laundered N1 Billion Through The Nation, Two Others by Fash20: 10:43pm On Oct 08, 2020
We know tinubu is a corrupt mother fucker. Things that happens in this useless country doesn't just make sense.

This kind of individuals that have stolen the future of the masses have been idolized.

The mother fucker wants to even become the president. Lagos people always claim to smart but honestly, they are really dumb
Re: Alpha-beta Fraud: Tinubu Laundered N1 Billion Through The Nation, Two Others by kufreabasi86191: 5:01am On Oct 09, 2020
Hypocrites them! When your listening Tinubu negotiations about graft, one may be tempted to thinks he fell down from heaven.Abeg is Sam Omatseye element of the graft too?
Re: Alpha-beta Fraud: Tinubu Laundered N1 Billion Through The Nation, Two Others by Mynd44: 6:18am On Oct 09, 2020

(1)

Wike Is A Nonentity, A Power Drunk He Does Not Deserved To Be A Leader. / The Killing Is Much We Want Peace Now IBOP Youths Returns Gun To Military Men / 2021: I’ll Distribute COVID-19 Vaccine To All Nigerians – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.