Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors (13343 Views)

N585.2 Million Payment: The Questions Minister Beta Edu Must Answer / FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide / APC Primary: Buhari To Take Final Decision As Govs Failed To Reach Consensus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by faceland: 12:18am On Jan 12
585m fraud: Tinubu’ll take final decision after investigations, say APC Govs

As APC professionals back president for sending strong signals to officials

Governors of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) have weighed in on the recent suspension of handlers of the nation’s social investment programmes, including the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, Dr Betta Edu, urging Nigerians to be patient as President Bola Tinubu would only take further actions based on the outcome of ongoing investigations.

This was as the APC Professionals Forum hailed the swiftness with which the president responded to the allegations of malfeasance against the suspended minister, saying the development has sent a strong signal to all federal appointees that the President means business with his Renewed Hope Agenda.

The governors, who on Wednesday night converged on Abuja to chart the way forward for the party in 2024, also expressed strong support for the Tinubu administration.

While the agenda of the meeting was not immediately made available to journalists, Vanguard reports that as of 11:25 p.m., the meeting was still ongoing at the Imo State Governor’s Lodge in the Asokoro district of the nation’s capital.

Some of those who attended the meeting were the host, Senator Hope Uzodinma (Imo), Yahaya Bello (Kogi), Babajide Sanwo-Olu (Lagos), Mohammed Inuwa Yahaya (Gombe), Nasir Idris (Kebbi), Biodun Oyebanji (Ekiti), and Uba Sani (Kaduna).

Others were Lucky Aiyedatiwa (Ondo), Umar Namadi (Jigawa), Mai Mala Buni (Yobe), Francis Nwifuru (Ebonyi), Ahmad Aliyu (Sokoto), Bassey Otu (Cross River), Dapo Abiodun (Ogun), and AbdulRahman AbdulRasaq, among others.

In a brief chat after the meeting, Uzodinma said the essence of the meeting was to review happenings in the country.

He said, “This is the first meeting since the beginning of this year, and the meeting allowed us to review the goings on in the country and also agreed on how best to continue to support our government and our party to maximise the benefits of the current policies of the administration.

The Progressives Governors are united in supporting the APC-led administration of our president, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. We will continue to support him. We will take his policies to the grassroots and subnational leaders of our great party and ensure that our people come on the same page with the thinking of the government.”

He said the important objective of the administration is to secure the country and provide adequate welfare to Nigerians.

On the suspension of Dr Edu, the governors said, “The functions of a government include encouraging good things and good appointees and discouraging bad things and bad appointees. But as it has to do with what you just said, it’s just an allegation, and in the wisdom of the president, it is being investigated. After the investigation is completed and the report is made available, the government will make a final decision. So don’t be in a hurry, and don’t allow any sickness like ‘anxietyserosis.’

Ahead of the February bye-elections and rerun, the APC governors also expressed readiness.

“Our party is prepared to go into any election at any time,” said Uzodinma.

In a related development, the APC Professionals Forum has commended President Tinubu for his swift action in suspending his appointees whose actions in office have been found questionable in the course of discharging their duties.

“His decision has renewed the hope of the majority of Nigerians in the fight against corruption and malpractice in public offices,” said a former Governor of Bauchi State and the Chairman, Board of Trustees (BoT) of the Forum, Dr Isa Yuguda.

He said it is the considered opinion of the forum that the move further re-emphasised the importance President Tinubu has placed on integrity in the coming few months after he introduced Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for his appointees to ensure optimal performance.

“With this, we are quite optimistic that a strong signal has been sent to public officials to focus on democratic deliverables as promised in the Renewed Hope agenda and not to be distracted by frivolities that could embarrass the President Tinubu-led administration and our great party, the All Progressives Congress (APC).

“We are also glad that the President has acceded to our position on the cost of governance by slashing expenditure on all foreign and domestic trips by all officials of his administration, including himself.

“This is not only commendable but also a good way of leading by example. We look forward to more.

We, however, urge the government to continuously recruit progressive-minded, loyal party members as well as thorough-bred professionals with high standards of ethics into other positions yet to be filled by the administration.
SOURCE: Vanguard

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by faceland: 12:20am On Jan 12
Tinubu’ll take final decision after investigations, say APC Governors after praising Tinubu's Sswift move against Minister Edu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JThevgOOhZs
Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by buharibanjo(m): 12:22am On Jan 12
EFCC de take Semi-final decision na

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by richiemcgold: 12:41am On Jan 12
Those diverted funds are meant for some states. Those states do not have to wait for the presidency before taking both the agency and all the personalities involved to court.

...just as El Rufai's Kaduna, Yahaya Bello's Kogi and some other states took Emefiele and CBN to court during the naira scarcity.

10 Likes

Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by efego: 1:40am On Jan 12
grin
Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by Kenochi(m): 4:07am On Jan 12
The APC governors are right on this,let the investigation continue, when the results are out, whoever is complicit should face the effects of the investigations
I have been really taking my time to hear and listen to all sides of the story in respect of this Bettagate and my submission is as follows:

1) The Honorable Minister acted very immaturely,it is a case of allowing your greed and supposed closeness to those in power cover your cloud of Reasoning
There is no way she won't have known that what she did was wrong,yet because of her closeness to power she succumbed to her greed

2) The Humanitarian Ministlry is a cesspit of corruption
A Ministry set up to alleviate poverty is now causing poverty in the Land,I strongly believe this is the right time to conduct a thorough audit in that ministry
I am convince that all decision making organs in that ministry need to be investigated thoroughly
The ease with which funds are laundered in that ministry is a source of concern,imagine misappropriating over 40 billion between the former Ministers and staff of the Ministry and no one was able to raise any query or alert those in power to such practices
My take is that they have all been compromised and it will not surprise me if the so called list of poor people contains the names of their family members and hangers on

Finally,I submit that all young people in government must for now be made Ministers of state
They should understudy people before they are allowed to handle sensitive position,they act like children in a candy store,they want to eat everything they see no knowing that the end is always bitter

Check my signature for good titles properties Ibeju Lekki Industrial Hub

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by accordadoga25(f): 8:10am On Jan 12
Hehehe

The GCFR has the final say.

We trust Ashiwaju to make the best decision.

Bàbá rere, alápatà

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by theysg: 8:11am On Jan 12
When will APC governors also be investigated?

5 Likes

Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by Westerhoffe(m): 8:11am On Jan 12
Is this country actually moving forward or moon-walking?

3 Likes

Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by crossfm: 8:11am On Jan 12
Hehehe.

Nigerian politicians always loot in millions and billions,but will ask the masses to be patient with them,that there is no money grin.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by Alexlalax1(m): 8:11am On Jan 12
Money that will be re-looted. There's no hope for this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by GanagiBitrus: 8:11am On Jan 12
Must everything be on Mr President's table? If we have functional institutions & structures, they'll carry out their job without interference from the President.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by bigdammyj: 8:12am On Jan 12
It shouldn’t be.
Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by money121(m): 8:13am On Jan 12
Ok
Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by sukkot: 8:13am On Jan 12
Betta done cast

1 Like

Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by emkz: 8:14am On Jan 12
That is self-evident.

Dear Dr Betta Edu, if you survive this tsunami, let me strongly advise you:

(1) Fire that your media aide Rasheed Zubair. His statement that "paying money into personal accounts to do government work in the civil service is normal" nailed you. What he could have done was simply ask civil servants how to handle the matter; then liaise with the accountant general to say the money was not released, then liaise with the bank to evacuate that account, return the money to government and close the account. I am not teaching you how to be corrupt but damage control.

(2) Fire your entire team, including those recommended to you by Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo. Use civil servants to do the work, and make sure funds are never paid into private accounts.

(3) For financial requests, do not append your signature on anything. Do not make demand on anything. Ensure that approvals for travelling to an airport in Kogi State are signed by the Director of Finance. No sensible Director of Finance would sign such, and if he does, he would ensure it is protected in order not to implicate himself.

(4) AVOID this your habit of ingratiating yourself to those in power or politicians. Focus on your job and avoid cutting corners because you want to be liked. Now that you are in trouble, how many of them are trying to help you or publicly defend you? Only Felix Muorka said you should not be hanged until investigations are over. That guy is your true friend. As for Olubunmi Tunji Ojo whose company benefitted from a whopping contract the company did not execute, AVOID him and run far away from him. He went to Channels TV to throw you under the bus.

(5) You have risen quickly to the highest level many can only dream of. So you acquired a lot of enemies for yourself. If you ever get a second chance, be cautious and avoid too many new friends. Your meteoric rise attracted a lot of jealousy and many are jubilating at your downfall.

(6) Finally, I hear you are pompous and refuse to relate to those beneath you even as National Woman Leader. Learn to be accessible and be humble. Treat everyone with dignity. Strangely, blessings come with it.

I wish you the peace which you need the most at this time.

9 Likes

Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by Jestin: 8:15am On Jan 12
Someone that is supposed to supervise the alleviation of poverty is introducing more poverty into the system. Nigeria is going nowhere

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by Coder2Client(m): 8:16am On Jan 12
If this lady is reinstated the way she will handle her subordinates will be tough.
Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by Bigboytinz: 8:17am On Jan 12
Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by PrinceofSarcasm: 8:17am On Jan 12
Kenochi:
The APC governors are right on this,let the investigation continue, when the results are out, whoever is complicit should face the effects of the investigations
I have been really taking my time to hear and listen to all sides of the story in respect of this Bettagate and my submission is as follows:

1) The Honorable Minister acted very immaturely,it is a case of allowing your greed and supposed closeness to those in power cover your cloud of Reasoning
There is no way she won't have known that what she did was wrong,yet because of her closeness to power she succumbed to her greed

2) The Humanitarian Ministlry is a cesspit of corruption
A Ministry set up to alleviate poverty is now causing poverty in the Land,I strongly believe this is the right time to conduct a thorough audit in that ministry
I am convince that all decision making organs in that ministry need to be investigated thoroughly
The ease with which funds are laundered in that ministry is a source of concern,imagine misappropriating over 40 billion between the former Ministers and staff of the Ministry and no one was able to raise any query or alert those in power to such practices
My take is that they have all been compromised and it will not surprise me if the so called list of poor people contains the names of their family members and hangers on

Finally,I submit that all young people in government must for now be made Ministers of state
They should understudy people before they are allowed to handle sensitive position,they act like children in a candy store,they want to eat everything they see no knowing that the end is always bitter

Check my signature for good titles properties Ibeju Lekki Industrial Hub

Imagine country where the alw doesn't happen unless the president says so .🤣🤣

This is what happens when you don't have independent strong institutions that guide the law. The law now becomes interpretable based on the biased or personal choices of the one in charge that is a classic example of a failed state.

As grim as this sounds this is the reality, Nigeria will not get better any time soon. Tinubu will not do anything differently corruption will continue to thrive and the people may resort to chaos and severe protests to fix things .

I actually thought Asiwaju would be different from Buhari GEJ and other corrupt leaders , well alas he has shown he is just like them.

There is no decision to be made here. The law is sacrosanct in such matters .

The evidence is glaring. One positive from this government is that surely tinubu will speed up the coming up rising..His very being attracts protests and this time around I fear for the nation.
The abuse of power and corruption as just too extreme and the people are watching the blatant abuse of office coupled with outstanding corruption of public office holders who are being shielded ...

Chaos is coming

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by lonelydora: 8:22am On Jan 12
Betta Edu is their "food", so they want to give her soft landing.

Betta Edu, an impatient th!ef.
Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by TheAlchemist: 8:24am On Jan 12
If Betta Edu goes so must Tunji-Ojo. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.
Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by Quebec91(m): 8:25am On Jan 12
Snail working
Westerhoffe:
Is this country actually moving forward or moon-walking?
Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by AustineE1: 8:27am On Jan 12
PrinceofSarcasm:

Imagine country where the alw doesn't happen unless the president says so .🤣🤣

This is what happens when you don't have independent strong institutions that guide the law. The law now becomes interpretable based on the biased or personal choices of the one in charge that is a classic example of a failed state.

As grim as this sounds this is the reality, Nigeria will not get better any time soon. Tinubu will not do anything differently corruption will continue to thrive and the people may resort to chaos and severe protests to fix things .

I actually thought Asiwaju would be different from Buhari GEJ and other corrupt leaders , well alas he has shown he is just like them.

There is no decision to be made here. The law is sacrosanct in such matters .

The evidence is glaring. One positive from this government is that surely tinubu will speed up the coming up rising..His very being attracts protests and this time around I fear for the nation.
The abuse of power and corruption as just too extreme and the people are watching the blatant abuse of office coupled with outstanding corruption of public office holders who are being shielded ...

Chaos is coming
Or could even be worst....waiting to see what happens to Tunji Ojo whom was also indicted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by Focusmind: 8:29am On Jan 12
Even fraud is also talking.....Nigerian governors that don't differentiate between state coffers and their personal bank accounts. Politicians are the least of people to comment on this Betty Edu issue. They do worse.

1 Like

Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by BigDawsNet: 8:32am On Jan 12
Tunji should stay but should be monitored all through his administration

2 Likes

Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by PrinceofSarcasm: 8:33am On Jan 12
AustineE1:

Or could even be worst....waiting to see what happens to Tunji Ojo whom was also indicted.

Nothing will really happen, they will make a.media show of him being suspended then the same people will go behind and give him juicy contracts to more than make up for it

The people will soon rise up don't worry . Tribalism is loosing it's power . The people are seeing tribalism for what it was a gimmick used to divide the people

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by Originalsly: 8:34am On Jan 12
Hmmm.... really?... what say does he have in a criminal matter? What happen to the democracy they were touting?... are we no longer in a democracy?... are we now under dictatorship? Not only the fraud need to be investigated .... but on what grounds did she get that position? ... based on what qualifications or experience? This is straight up fraud ... not even a bit of camouflage... she needs to be sentenced.
Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by Westerhoffe(m): 8:36am On Jan 12
Quebec91:
Snail working

Snail-walking will still be moving forward but on a slow pace.
Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by Saviola86: 8:40am On Jan 12
Stupid country.

Who gave Tinubu powers to determine who is a criminal and who is innocent or what punishment to place on an offender when there are laws and courts?

Very stupid country that operates like an animal farm with no law and order.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors by hotseat: 8:44am On Jan 12
Am I missing something or what?

Tinubu will take final decision after the conclusion of investigation?

Since when did Tinubu become the court of law?

If there's any irrefutable evidence of malfeasance against the Minister, the law must take its course.

Tinubu has no business dabbling into judicial matters lest he would be liable of interfering with legal processes.

The APC Governors seem to be preparing a soft landing for Madam.

We are familiar with this "family affair" pattern.

@hotseat

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNIILORIN Staff Uses Bore-hole To Fill Water-dispenser Cans (Picture) / SW Will Look For The Support Of SS And SE,when Buhari Starts. / 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.