Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Etihad Airways Gets FG's Nod To Resume International Flights - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Etihad Airways Gets FG's Nod To Resume International Flights (11239 Views)

International Flights Resumption In Nigeria: List Of Banned & Approved Airlines / Travellers To Arrive Three Hours Before International Flights / Etihad Airways Deploys Boeing Dreamliner On Lagos Route (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etihad Airways Gets FG's Nod To Resume International Flights by DamnnNiggarr: 11:13pm On Oct 08, 2020
Etihad gets FG’s nod to resume international flights

‌Following the decision of the United Arab Emirates to begin visa issuance to Nigerians, Etihad Airways has been approved to operate international flights into Nigeria

Minister of Aviation, Hadi Sirika, made this announcement on Thursday during a briefing of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, which held in Abuja.

He noted that the foreign carrier was already talking with the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority regarding the process.

Similarly, Emirates Airlines are also scheduled to operate flights into the country starting with Abuja and Lagos.

He said, “UAE has commenced issuance of visas today. Consequent upon that, Emirates Airlines will begin operations from tomorrow. They are allowed to start daily flights into Abuja and Lagos.

“Their sister company from the same country, Etihad are working on their schedule and once they do that, they will let us know. They (Etihad) will be discussing with the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority.

He added, “The only airline that goes to the UAE from Nigeria is Air Peace, they are also working on the resumption and will let you know.”

Sirika revealed that 27 passengers have failed to comply with the laid down rules for the operations of international flights and will be sanctioned forthwith.

He said, “Sadly, we have had 27 cases of passengers in Abuja that are not complying with our requirements for PCR negative result tests. Some of them appeared with rapid result tests which are not accepted and approved. While some of them came with expired PCR and no tests at all.

“Now the protocol and procedure are that the airlines that brought in these passengers will be dealt with according to the law. For these violations, NCAA will be dealing with them accordingly.”

The Minister reiterated that foreign carriers are expected to come in the country with no more than 200 passengers, however, they can carry as many passengers as possible on the return trip.

He added that any other review will be communicated by the taskforce.

Air Namibia, Royal Air Maroc, Lufthansa, TAAG Angola Airlines are among the airlines not yet approved to commence international flight operations.

https://twitter.com/MobilePunch/status/1314318555144433672?s=09

2 Likes

Re: Etihad Airways Gets FG's Nod To Resume International Flights by Temitopemo6e6(m): 11:37pm On Oct 08, 2020
I support this already. As much as we don't support our government, at least when we see right decisions been taken, we should support it and don't allow emotions cloud your judgement. Many of these countries bared also did the same
to Nigeria, so I believe it's time you let people know that you can't just push us around like we
don't have a choice You treat us like trash, we treat you like trash too This will not affect Nigerians,
as many of us do not have interests in traveling to these countries. May God help us all.You are further
destroying an already destroyed economy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Etihad Airways Gets FG's Nod To Resume International Flights by Fimako: 7:06am On Oct 09, 2020
We are watching
Re: Etihad Airways Gets FG's Nod To Resume International Flights by ElValiente(m): 7:06am On Oct 09, 2020
Nice one.

2 Likes

Re: Etihad Airways Gets FG's Nod To Resume International Flights by Sinachi100: 7:07am On Oct 09, 2020
Wetin b my gain undecided undecided
Re: Etihad Airways Gets FG's Nod To Resume International Flights by sylarada(f): 7:07am On Oct 09, 2020
Isowk

I

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Etihad Airways Gets FG's Nod To Resume International Flights by zukmi: 7:07am On Oct 09, 2020
Good news
Re: Etihad Airways Gets FG's Nod To Resume International Flights by delerx(m): 7:07am On Oct 09, 2020
I hope they don't make covid-19 test mandatory.
Re: Etihad Airways Gets FG's Nod To Resume International Flights by Caseywilliams(m): 7:08am On Oct 09, 2020
is alright, International flight duty almost fully resumed when educational sector is yet to make a move.

6 Likes

Re: Etihad Airways Gets FG's Nod To Resume International Flights by Sunnycliff(m): 7:08am On Oct 09, 2020
If not the iberiberism of our political leaders, this country should have been a great one that no nation should mess up with us anyhow. But, your guess is as good as mine.

2 Likes

Re: Etihad Airways Gets FG's Nod To Resume International Flights by ekaette1621: 7:09am On Oct 09, 2020
Let me park my wheel barrow here and read comments.

Anyway,
like for FG and share for ETIHAD AIRWAYS

i laugh in swahili.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Etihad Airways Gets FG's Nod To Resume International Flights by Mariamoh: 7:10am On Oct 09, 2020
Let's see ahead
Re: Etihad Airways Gets FG's Nod To Resume International Flights by Finnese001: 7:12am On Oct 09, 2020
Okay
Re: Etihad Airways Gets FG's Nod To Resume International Flights by BigDick70inch(m): 7:13am On Oct 09, 2020
The only thing Nigeria has gotten right so far this year..

Useless UAE..they never thought Nigeria could bite back so hard..

Law of retribution at work..
An eye for an eye!!!

6 Likes

Re: Etihad Airways Gets FG's Nod To Resume International Flights by Enudapan: 7:14am On Oct 09, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
Re: Etihad Airways Gets FG's Nod To Resume International Flights by DEHVEHLOP(m): 7:15am On Oct 09, 2020
Ban this, unban that...

What does it mean for Nigeria to acquire over 10 airplanes for the first time president and maintain them with no crash records in over 20 years! But can't do same for the national air carrier?

I have some questions for the President if allowed to see him one on one
Re: Etihad Airways Gets FG's Nod To Resume International Flights by BruncleZuma: 7:16am On Oct 09, 2020
grin grin grin grin
Re: Etihad Airways Gets FG's Nod To Resume International Flights by Lexusgs430: 7:16am On Oct 09, 2020
May covid19 not nod them back....... cheesy
Re: Etihad Airways Gets FG's Nod To Resume International Flights by milkyworld(m): 7:17am On Oct 09, 2020
Like this post if you believe that Nigeria will recover from the coronavirus pandemic faster than most countries of the world.

3 Likes

Re: Etihad Airways Gets FG's Nod To Resume International Flights by ignis: 7:17am On Oct 09, 2020
So FG is still nodding in times of this economic crisis.
Re: Etihad Airways Gets FG's Nod To Resume International Flights by driand(m): 7:23am On Oct 09, 2020
cool
Re: Etihad Airways Gets FG's Nod To Resume International Flights by Abiamaka(m): 7:23am On Oct 09, 2020
Make I see opportunity to travel out of this country lasan
Omo no coming back o
Abeg show me the way God

1 Like

Re: Etihad Airways Gets FG's Nod To Resume International Flights by Bosss73: 7:23am On Oct 09, 2020
When is the Chinese resuming there Visa issuance to Africa (Nigerians)
Re: Etihad Airways Gets FG's Nod To Resume International Flights by Femich18(m): 7:28am On Oct 09, 2020
Cool
Re: Etihad Airways Gets FG's Nod To Resume International Flights by 900warriorz: 7:37am On Oct 09, 2020
cheesy
Re: Etihad Airways Gets FG's Nod To Resume International Flights by WorkTheTalk(m): 7:40am On Oct 09, 2020
Good news

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Signs You May Miss Your Flight / How To Deal With Culture Shock While Travelling / Christmas: Enugu Indigenes Get Free Transport From Gov. Ugwuanyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.