Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,689 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Certificate Scandal: NUJ Has No President - Zonal VP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Certificate Scandal: NUJ Has No President - Zonal VP (313 Views)

Restructuring: No President Can Solve Nigeria Problem Without Doing This / Masari: No President Better Than Buhari Since Nigeria’s Amalgamation In 1914 / Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Certificate Scandal: NUJ Has No President - Zonal VP by akelicious(m): 1:54pm On Oct 09, 2020
The South East National Vice President of the Nigerian Union of Journalist (NUJ) Prince Petrus Obi, has described the body as a union without a president as the certificate forgery case which has marred the union rages on.

Obi who made this known while addressing journalists in Enugu on Friday said the purported emergence of Mr Chris Isiguzo as the president of the union was a disaster which has led the union into crisis.

He described Isiguzo as an imposter who has till date failed to present the basic academic qualification required for membership of the union.

He said: "There is no president of NUJ in Nigeria. This is because the person that is there has no requisite qualifications to be there. He doesn't possess the qualification to be a journalist. He does not have School Certificate. He doesn't have the required Ordinary National Diploma in Mass Communication".

"Therefore he lacks the locus to be suspending people everywhere.
I am still the Vice President of NUJ South East. Wale Odusile is still a member of NUJ. Chibota Edozie is still the National Vice President of NAWOJ in the South East".

He commended NUJ members in Imo State for standing their grounds by setting up a caretaker committes which has promptly taken over the council secretariat in the state.

"I congratulate the people of Imo for standing their grounds against his plans to impose leadership on the majority of people who have said no. He has defied every part of NUJ constitution.

"Isiguzo's days are numbered. Imo people have my support. They should not relent in the fight. They have my support. They should not be intimidated because the man who is there is a 'leper.'

"The man who is there has no locus standi. The man who is there is handicapped. So Imo people should continue holding the flag. They are leading the revolution in NUJ. They have said no to the injustice being perpetrated in NUJ.

" I challenge Isiguzoro or Isiguzo, or Isinguzoro, whichever to a TV debate. let him come along with the tissue papers he is parading and I will disgrace him before Nigerians.

"I advise him to resign now and maybe take WAEC and start afresh. Education is never late. If he doesn't resign he will have himself to blame. its the beginning of the end."

https://www.akelicious.net/certificate-scandal-nuj-has-no-president-zonal-vp/

Re: Certificate Scandal: NUJ Has No President - Zonal VP by slivertongue: 2:33pm On Oct 09, 2020
failed union
Re: Certificate Scandal: NUJ Has No President - Zonal VP by slivertongue: 2:37pm On Oct 09, 2020
He said: "There is no president of NUJ in Nigeria. This is because the person that is there has no requisite qualifications to be there. He doesn't possess the qualification to be a journalist. He does not have School Certificate. He doesn't have the required Ordinary National Diploma in Mass Communication".

(1) (Reply)

Chacha Eke Made Shocking Revelation About Her Marriage Break-up / #ondodecide2020: Massive Turnout, Rowdiness At Idanre LG PIXS / Why Women Envy Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.