Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,326 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

First Female Publisher In Canada Is A Black Women As Goolge Celebrate Her Today - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / First Female Publisher In Canada Is A Black Women As Goolge Celebrate Her Today (357 Views)

Girl Draws Her Teacher To Celebrate Her On Women's Day In Jos (Photos) / Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor / Record Set! A Lady Becomes The First Female Sug President Of FUNAAB! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Female Publisher In Canada Is A Black Women As Goolge Celebrate Her Today by jbbalarabe(m): 2:36pm On Oct 09, 2020
Mary Ann Shadd Cary was an American-Canadian anti-slavery activist, journalist, publisher, teacher, and lawyer. She was the first black woman publisher in North America and the first woman publisher in Canada. Shadd Cary edited The Provincial Freeman, established in 1853.

Re: First Female Publisher In Canada Is A Black Women As Goolge Celebrate Her Today by thesicilian: 2:47pm On Oct 09, 2020
I was wondering why that picture was on google today.
Re: First Female Publisher In Canada Is A Black Women As Goolge Celebrate Her Today by Ugaboy: 2:52pm On Oct 09, 2020
Congrats to her...I think the world poverty will reduce if the female folks stop thinking all they can offer is sex...and to men.

Many women and poor parents today is due to this poor mindset of when I get married to a man, my problem will b solved.. so I don't need to hustle for money
Re: First Female Publisher In Canada Is A Black Women As Goolge Celebrate Her Today by Babtunz: 3:04pm On Oct 09, 2020
thesicilian:
I was wondering why that picture was on google today.

Me too, I thought it is part of the teacher's day celebration.

Thanks OP

1 Like

Re: First Female Publisher In Canada Is A Black Women As Goolge Celebrate Her Today by Vyzz: 3:16pm On Oct 09, 2020
cool

(1) (Reply)

Why Student Fall Out With Your Project Supervisor: How To Improve / Cash Chain Club Call 09130814407 / Proven Method To Pass Exam Without Much Reading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.