Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,365 members, 7,812,046 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Can Mother Nigeria Ever Have Their Own Version Ngozi Okonjo-iweala? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Mother Nigeria Ever Have Their Own Version Ngozi Okonjo-iweala? (433 Views)

Photos Of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her Husband, Ikemba (Then Vs Now) / Amotekun: Yerima Shettima Says North Should Be Ready For Their Own Version / Tolu Ogunlesi Releases His Own Version Of Amaechi Tape To Counter Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Mother Nigeria Ever Have Their Own Version Ngozi Okonjo-iweala? by lordsterlin(m): 2:37pm On Oct 09, 2020
I have unsurprisingly heard many person's send congratulatory messages to the former Minister of Finance, Mrs Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala PhD because of her numerous achievements in the global stage with her very recent exploits in the nomination process to be the first ever female Director General of the World Trade Organization.

It is true that the Delta State born development economist has distinguished herself in her chosen area if endeavor but then would she have achieved this feat had her husband Dr. Ikemba I. Iweala who is an emergency medicine physician in Washington, District of Columbia, not allowed her or given her the unfettered freedom to build on her enduring career?

You must realise that as staff of the World Bank, Mrs Iweala required studies upon studies so she can meet up with the demands of her office and other aspirations. The need to study means that she must create time out of her very busy schedule to seek sound education in the Americas, Asia, Europe and in whatever place there's new knowledge.

As Managing Director in the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (World Bank) she must keep late nights attending one board meeting or the other. As Managing Director, she had oversight responsibility for the World Bank’s $81 billion operational portfolio in Africa, South Asia, Europe and Central Asia. Okonjo-Iweala spearheaded several World Bank initiatives to assist low-income countries during the 2008 – 2009, food crises, and later during the financial crisis. In 2010, she was Chair of the IDA replenishment, the World Bank’s successful drive to raise $49.3 billion in grants and low interest credit for the poorest countries in the world

In the midst of her very busy schedule, she must also nurture her children to become her good ambassadors. Did she fail in that? Not exactly! Her children may not have had the kind of Fame their mother has but then they can stand on their own and be counted differently as successful people.

Her husband did not envy her as he also has a career of his own that keeps him very busy. This is the 21st century!

Back home, President Buhari once said: "I don't know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room and the other room."

This view by the Nigerian president is shared by many in Nigeria today. They do not see anything good in women except to make babies and to give them(the men) sexual pleasure.

To prove that this crude pattern of thinking is very much real in Nigeria particularly in the North, Sahara Reporters in the week reported the following:

“Hisbah is punishing youths for keeping afro hair and sometimes it is accompanied with beating.

"They have also prevented women and girls from using smartphones, claiming that it is used to spread unIslamic behaviours".

Why taking part in the mandatory National Youth Service scheme in the North, I discovered that only a few of the girls in the classroom her single as most of them even at the age of 14 and in JSS 2 are already married with one or two child(ren).

With this kind of behaviour still prevalent in Nigeria how can we ever have another Ngozi(s) whose parents and husband(s) would allow to pursue her/their careers?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Mother Nigeria Ever Have Their Own Version Ngozi Okonjo-iweala? by tollyboy5(m): 2:44pm On Oct 09, 2020
grin our girls only need Successful husband. Numskul dem!

1 Like

Re: Can Mother Nigeria Ever Have Their Own Version Ngozi Okonjo-iweala? by helinues: 2:45pm On Oct 09, 2020
In MI? undecided
Re: Can Mother Nigeria Ever Have Their Own Version Ngozi Okonjo-iweala? by Elvictor: 2:59pm On Oct 09, 2020
so she is even from Niger Delta, lwkmd
Re: Can Mother Nigeria Ever Have Their Own Version Ngozi Okonjo-iweala? by RuddyFusion(m): 3:05pm On Oct 09, 2020
Elvictor:
so she is even from Niger Delta, lwkmd

Married to Abia State born Physician so she's Abia....that's why she took Abias portfolio as a Minister during OBJ regime

But most importantly she's Nigerian

4 Likes

Re: Can Mother Nigeria Ever Have Their Own Version Ngozi Okonjo-iweala? by fuckingAyaya(m): 3:06pm On Oct 09, 2020
Mother Nigeria has Ishaq bello that performed very well at the ICC screening

Re: Can Mother Nigeria Ever Have Their Own Version Ngozi Okonjo-iweala? by Vyzz: 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2020
Ngozi Ọkọjo Iweala for president 2023

1 Like

Re: Can Mother Nigeria Ever Have Their Own Version Ngozi Okonjo-iweala? by Elvictor: 3:22pm On Oct 09, 2020
RuddyFusion:

Married to Abia State born Physician so she's Abia....that's why she took Abias portfolio as a Minister during OBJ regime

her parents are from Niger Delta but by virtue of marriage she is from Abia, the way you people discard SS is wrong.

at least regard them even though we choose silence.
Re: Can Mother Nigeria Ever Have Their Own Version Ngozi Okonjo-iweala? by Solsix(m): 3:26pm On Oct 09, 2020
RuddyFusion:

No need to reply some people have hate in thier DNA. U forgot to tell him she from asaba Igbo speaking part of Delta

1 Like

Re: Can Mother Nigeria Ever Have Their Own Version Ngozi Okonjo-iweala? by Freestainworld(m): 3:38pm On Oct 09, 2020
these are the kind of people we need to lead this country, unfortunately they are never given that chance, imagine what she's achieving on global platform, while most of our politicians can't even boast of a secondary school certificate, even the one's they are have are all forged, when you allow an incompetent illiterate to lead a country that boast of many academia, I wonder what we expect in return, you can't give what you don't have, that is the truth .

1 Like

Re: Can Mother Nigeria Ever Have Their Own Version Ngozi Okonjo-iweala? by RuddyFusion(m): 4:13pm On Oct 09, 2020
Elvictor:

her parents are from Niger Delta but by virtue of marriage she is from Abia, the way you people discard SS is wrong.

I don't know what you mean by the way you people disregard SS....I DON'T DISREGARD ANYONE....I'm not a tribalist

1 Like

Re: Can Mother Nigeria Ever Have Their Own Version Ngozi Okonjo-iweala? by babatunji36117: 6:12pm On Oct 09, 2020
Mother Nigeria has Ishaq porto that performed very well at the ICC screener
Re: Can Mother Nigeria Ever Have Their Own Version Ngozi Okonjo-iweala? by CSTRR: 6:55pm On Oct 09, 2020
Elvictor:

She is a deltan. Her father is a niger delta monarch.

Nothing can change that.
Re: Can Mother Nigeria Ever Have Their Own Version Ngozi Okonjo-iweala? by IGBOSON1: 7:06pm On Oct 09, 2020
CSTRR:

She is a deltan. Her father is a niger delta monarch.

Nothing can change that.

She’s Igbo from Delta State!
Re: Can Mother Nigeria Ever Have Their Own Version Ngozi Okonjo-iweala? by CSTRR: 7:09pm On Oct 09, 2020
IGBOSON1:

She’s Igbo from Delta State!
Yes, a niger deltan.
Just like a uhrobo woman from delta.
Re: Can Mother Nigeria Ever Have Their Own Version Ngozi Okonjo-iweala? by slivertongue: 7:09pm On Oct 09, 2020
she is indeed blessed. my sisters ain't doing bad and am proud of my parents investments in them. we intend to give our daughters the best. my daughters must at least rank amongst the best in their generation. NOi is an inspiration not only to women but also to the men folk

(1) (Reply)

FG Says Police Will Not End SARS See Reason / Pension Scam: How EFCC Operatives Collected Over N80M From Us - Mazangari / Media Headline During Biafra War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.