Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Help!! Am In A Career Dilemma Right Now - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help!! Am In A Career Dilemma Right Now (493 Views)

Career Dilemma: Getting A Skill Vs LLB? / My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank / Career Dilemma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! Am In A Career Dilemma Right Now by kennethfranc(m): 11:10pm On Oct 09, 2020
Greetings Nairalanders
Please I need you guys advice on this.
Am 19 years of age, the first child in the family of five (four boys with one girl). At this point in life am just totally confused on which career to take on between Programming and Farming... Yea you heard it clear Farming (livestock to be specific) but each time am inspired to pick one the zeal for the other keeps popping up. But honestly Farming seems to be the at its peak as am writing this but considering the money involved, I get discouraged easily.
If I should go for programming, the money to start it comfortably is still an issue.
Talking of passion: I just don't know which one to choose
Please I sincerely need your advice on this.
Re: Help!! Am In A Career Dilemma Right Now by anthonyuncle(m): 11:26pm On Oct 09, 2020
start with da one u can afford,
u can add da other one later
Re: Help!! Am In A Career Dilemma Right Now by kennethfranc(m): 11:28pm On Oct 09, 2020
anthonyuncle:
start with da one u can afford,
u can add da other one later
Thanks for that piece
Re: Help!! Am In A Career Dilemma Right Now by Saig: 11:38pm On Oct 09, 2020
Start with the one you can for now. Plus o don't think farming can stop you from your desire to be a programmer. People are clamouring for multiple sources of income these days. It will just be a win win for you

2 Likes

Re: Help!! Am In A Career Dilemma Right Now by kennethfranc(m): 11:43pm On Oct 09, 2020
Saig:
Start with the one you can for now. Plus o don't think farming can stop you from your desire to be a programmer. People are clamouring for multiple sources of income these days. It will just be a win win for you
Thanks a lot
Re: Help!! Am In A Career Dilemma Right Now by sageb: 1:02pm On Oct 10, 2020
Try farming then learn the programming during your spare time. Mind you, programming takes time to learn for you to be good in it.
Re: Help!! Am In A Career Dilemma Right Now by bigl: 11:42pm On Oct 10, 2020
kennethfranc:
Greetings Nairalanders
Please I need you guys advice on this.
Am 19 years of age, the first child in the family of five (four boys with one girl). At this point in life am just totally confused on which career to take on between Programming and Farming... Yea you heard it clear Farming (livestock to be specific) but each time am inspired to pick one the zeal for the other keeps popping up. But honestly Farming seems to be the at its peak as am writing this but considering the money involved, I get discouraged easily.
If I should go for programming, the money to start it comfortably is still an issue.
Talking of passion: I just don't know which one to choose
Please I sincerely need your advice on this.
What's the 1st thing that pops into your head when u wake up? Is it something related to farming or programming?

This should help u a bit ... By the way, you don't need huge money to be a programmer
Re: Help!! Am In A Career Dilemma Right Now by kennethfranc(m): 6:49am On Oct 11, 2020
bigl:

What's the 1st thing that pops into your head when u wake up? Is it something related to farming or programming?

This should help u a bit ... By the way, you don't need huge money to be a programmer
When I wake I just wish I had some chickens to feed and collect eggs

In the other hand, I will need a laptop which us almost impossible for now
Re: Help!! Am In A Career Dilemma Right Now by baysan(m): 11:46am On Oct 11, 2020
You can combine the both
One has a career
The other could be an hobby..
Re: Help!! Am In A Career Dilemma Right Now by bigl: 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2020
kennethfranc:

When I wake I just wish I had some chickens to feed and collect eggs

In the other hand, I will need a laptop which us almost impossible for now

Hmmmm ... It is well bro ... U can start out with a UK used mini laptop for 27k or so and take things up from there.

My first laptop when starting out with motion graphics was a Compaq mini laptop ... Bought new for 50k brand new ... Sold and bought something better when I made enough money ...

Farming is costlier though u sound like a farmer ... May God make a way for u in Jesus name, amen

1 Like

Re: Help!! Am In A Career Dilemma Right Now by kennethfranc(m): 5:02pm On Oct 11, 2020
bigl:

Hmmmm ... It is well bro ... U can start out with a UK used mini laptop for 27k or so and take things up from there.

My first laptop when starting out with motion graphics was a Compaq mini laptop ... Bought new for 50k brand new ... Sold and bought something better when I made enough money ...

Farming is costlier though u sound like a farmer ... May God make a way for u in Jesus name, amen
Amen bro
I really appreciate

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Register And Get 30$ Investment Bonus / Best ICAN Tutorial Centre With Online Mode Of Lecture / Can 7m Open A Good Pharmacy In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.