Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest (5457 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army / Uche Secondus: PDP May Not Participate In Future Elections / "APC Will Not Participate In Rivers State Elections" - INEC Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by gidgiddy: 12:11am On Oct 10, 2020
I have often said it here on Nairaland that SARS is a state sponsored terrorist organisation and I stand by it. They have killed and brutalised many innocent people.

However, I think that we Igbos should not participate in the Endsars protest despite the fact that many Igbos have been the innocent victims of SARS.

1) Endsars is pointless. The government of Buhari, which we all know is more for Northern interests, will not end SARS. The extra-judicial killings, torture and brutality of SARS is mainly in the South of Nigeria, it hardly affects the North. SARS cannot be ended without Buhari's permission and if it is not affecting the North, why would he end it?

2) Even if SARS is ended or scrapped, will that really change any thing? The Police, Army, Navy, DSS and other armed forces will still be brutalising and killing innocent Nigerians daily just like SARS. Whether you end SARS or not, other arms of the armed forces will still be doing exactly what SARS is doing. The protest should not have been Endsars, it should have been 'end all armed forces brutality and illegal killing'

3) Nigerians can be hypocrites. Many of those protesting Endsars are the same people who kept silent when different branches of the armed forces were shooting and killing unarmed IPOB protesters. Some of them are happy when they see unarmed innocent Biafran protesters killed, tortured, made to lay lay down in muddy water, dehumanised and detained. They dont care because its not their tribe or Region. They only remember that injustice is a bad thing when SARS is doing it to their people. They dont know that the injustice you support or ignore today may become the injustice that may be done to you tomorrow

Note: In 2013 SARS arrested over 30 unarmed non violent MASSOB members, murdered them and dumped their bodies in Ezu River, near the border between Anambra and Enugu states. Rather than condemn this national scandal, many none Igbos went on the thread below to thank SARS for wasting the lives of those young men. The same people are now carrying placards and shouting Endsars because SARS is now killing and brutalising them. They only remember injustice when it is them on the receiving end of SARS. Pure hypocrisy!

https://www.nairaland.com/1189503/mystery-corpses-ezu-river-massob

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by jakD: 12:20am On Oct 10, 2020
I don't expect any sensible moderator to take this to the front-page.
However, I'll make one thing clear to you.

This you've written is an encouragement to tribalism.

I understand you might be angry but then tribalism isn't something we should promote in any way.

Thank you.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by daewoorazer(m): 12:22am On Oct 10, 2020
I’m not against Biafra because I believe it’s ur fundamental human right: the right of association.

However, next time, you should let the intelligent ones among you do the write-ups.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by AsiwajuNdigbo: 12:23am On Oct 10, 2020
Op,
For how long are we going to continue kicking the can down the road? Today, it's not our problem, let them face their issue. Tomorrow, they say same thing, its not our problrm its their issue.

We have to grow up and take ownership. Mazi Kanu took ownrrship and showed leadership in his recent instruction to stop bashing yoruba. We witnessed the benefit of that on Oct1st. For the first time ACF conceded to have referendum.

Imagine if we have similar joint outing like we did on Oct1st with Biafra and Oduduwa side by side. If we did that on every protest, SE, SW, protest together. Thats what we need. Not this back and forth, its not our problem let us abstain and leave them to their problem mentality and attitude.

Igbo leads others follow.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by IGBOSON1: 12:23am On Oct 10, 2020
Nigerians are quite adept at leaving the substance and chasing shadows....treating the symptoms instead of the ailment.....pretending not to notice the elephant in the room!

Anyone seeing the deep shi’t Nigeria is facing today in all facets of national life and thinks going out on the streets to protest over sars, such a person is not yet ready for a genuine change in the fortunes of their people!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by IGBOSON1: 12:25am On Oct 10, 2020
Bros Gidgiddy, you’re spot on nwanne! smiley

10 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by globalresource: 12:26am On Oct 10, 2020
Tribalism leads to no where? It only cause enmity

2 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by IfeMiLove: 1:16am On Oct 10, 2020
Tribalism has eaten deep into your soul. I pray you find peace.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by AdaugoChisom(f): 1:16am On Oct 10, 2020
Me protest? If not because my data has been exhausted I would have been busy watching how is made

3 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by Justpassingby45(m): 1:24am On Oct 10, 2020
I like this your write up but, but still dey inside
Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by LegendHero(m): 1:27am On Oct 10, 2020
You guys are double mouthed and neither here or there.

If the Igbos states had been the one protesting enmasse, you would have been on Nairaland shouting brave and terming other people cowards.

Now you see your people are the real coward in this case and you had to come to Nairaland daily to find an excuse for your cowardice by terming under different headings.

Let me tell you something, even if you protest End SARS in Ebonyi, it won’t generate that much awareness it need than if it happens in the Southwest and that is the truth.

You are angry that people don’t protest with you or support you during Biafra, why should we protest alongside you or support you? Is Biafra not an Igbo agenda? Do you support the North when they implemented Shariah?

What about IPOB constant abuse on other tribes, do you want to reap love where you sow hate?

SARS is a menace bedeviling all the Southern states, if you guys like don’t protest. It won’t change anything because those people that can really shake the nation are already protesting and it is gaining traction.

The West and the SS is enough to pull the required publicity and I’m sure the Igbos residing in the West are also part of the protest like we’ve seen PSquare and Runtown. So that is covered.

Although I can see people protested in Imo state too.

You guys attribute too much importance to yourself while in reality your SE states are actually not that enough to effect any nationwide changes.

Check all the history of the protests that have shook this nation, majority of them happened in the West!

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by MrCork: 1:28am On Oct 10, 2020
AdaugoChisom:
Me protest? If not because my data has been exhausted I would have been busy watching how is made

Hello. Am a .music videos director who as work with davido, wisskid, 50sent, beyasi, & others. Can u please quickly send me directly yor full size naaaaked picture so I can make sure u came to the audition? smiley
Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by AdaugoChisom(f): 1:35am On Oct 10, 2020
MrCork:

Hello. Am a .music videos director who as work with davido, wisskid, 50sent, beyasi, & others. Can u please quickly send me directly yor full size naaaaked picture so I can make sure u came to the audition? smiley
I'm wondering why you left Yaba left so soon. Mpi awusa.......gwa nne gị na nwanne gị nwanyị ka ha zitere gị foto ha gba ọtọ.

May Nigeria SARS see you through grin in Jesus name grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by MrCork: 1:39am On Oct 10, 2020
AdaugoChisom:
I'm wondering why you left Yaba left so soon. Mpi awusa.......gwa nne gị na nwanne gị nwanyị ka ha zitere gị foto ha gba ọtọ.

angry
Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by MrCork: 1:42am On Oct 10, 2020
AdaugoChisom:

..sweery I dint come hear to sell ground nut & I dint ask u for story gaddemmit....can u nicely quickly send yo full size naaaaked to me directly so I can loookit so u can win the audition...please hurry I beg & no storys undecided
Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by horsepower102: 1:52am On Oct 10, 2020
Op well said. I agree with your thoughts.

7 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by flokii: 2:40am On Oct 10, 2020
Whether you participate or not changes nothing.. The brave ones in Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Abuja, Edo, Delta etc have passed a strong message to the government with the world watching.

Later on, you and your kiths can come out to chestbest about your "bravery" in the face of oppression.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by hakeemhakeem(m): 2:53am On Oct 10, 2020
If you don't wanna protest stays at home (the battle is your battle you said you are going to farm when you comes back you still gonna meet it)how many northern police officers are brutal like the southern police officers in Nigeria police. The records were there take statistics of the officers how killed people how many northern police officers were there, we need to be sincere with ourselves. God willing when you get your baifar some of this officers are going to be recruit

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by IjebuWarrior: 2:56am On Oct 10, 2020
Nonsense... who cares abt dem anyway? Dem be non entity, abeg! angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by Onlinesmart: 2:59am On Oct 10, 2020
Your tiny 5 states doesn't move mountains. Lagos and Abuja is where the international community knows well and protests have gone in those areas so who care about one "attention seeking" region whether they protest or not. The ones they've been protesting about, has anyone taken them serious? Lol, okoros too feeling important. The earlier you know your position in Nigeria, the better for you. Everything is at your disadvantage from landmass, poverty, population to backwardness. The only advantage you have is your "chest beating" which everyone doesn't even take serious anymore.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by Mathantics: 2:59am On Oct 10, 2020
SARS moved from fighting violent crimes to extorting and killing innocent youths from the South.

SARS primary assignment is to fight against banditry, kidnapping and fulani herdsmen.

During GEJ's time, SARS don't harras innocent youth,

Today, most of the security agencies are controlled by the Fulanis,
Most of the people protesting voted for this evil because of hatred against minority leading Nigeria.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by EmekaA125(m): 3:03am On Oct 10, 2020
LegendHero:

If the Igbos states had been the one protesting enmasse, you would have been on Nairaland shouting brave and terming other people cowards.

Now you see your people are the real coward in this case and you had to come to Nairaland daily to find an excuse for your cowardice by terming under different headings.

Let me tell you something, even if you protest End SARS in Ebonyi, it won’t generate that much awareness it need than if it happens in the Southwest and that is the truth.

You are angry that people don’t protest with you or support you during Biafra, why should we protest alongside you or support you? Is Biafra not an Igbo agenda? Do you support the North when they implemented Shariah?

What about IPOB constant abuse on other tribes, do you want to reap love where you sow hate?

SARS is a menace bedeviling all the Southern states, if you guys like don’t protest. It won’t change anything because those people that can really shake the nation are already protesting and it is gaining traction.

The West and the SS is enough to pull the required publicity and I’m sure the Igbos residing in the West are also part of the protest like we’ve seen PSquare and Runtown. So that is covered.

You guys attribute too much importance to yourself while in reality your SE states are actually not that enough to effect any nationwide changes.

Check all the history of the protests that have shook this nation, majority of them happened in the West!
Gibberish as usual.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by Nobody: 3:44am On Oct 10, 2020
daewoorazer:
I’m not against Biafra because I believe it’s ur fundamental human right: the right of association.

However, next time, you should let the intelligent ones among you do the write-ups.

God bless you IMMEDIATELY.

Igbos are cowards

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by Nobody: 3:46am On Oct 10, 2020
AdaugoChisom:

grin grin grin
Coward igbo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by tiger28: 3:47am On Oct 10, 2020
LegendHero:

GBOSA GBOSA GBOSA!!!!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by tobechi74: 3:47am On Oct 10, 2020
Ojay
Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by tiger28: 3:49am On Oct 10, 2020
MrCork:

NO MORE REAL Adults on this site....SEUN needs to vigorously start AGE REQUIREMENT. What is this??

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by Nobody: 3:51am On Oct 10, 2020
LegendHero:

You are very sound and deep in your reasoning.

IPOB is calling for a break up, Yoruba do not believe in that ideology.

#EndSARS is a protest against a societal menace, bedeviling the entire country.
Igbos kept quiet, they hid under their pillow, whenever it is time to be counted, they are nowhere to be found.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by Nobody: 3:53am On Oct 10, 2020
flokii:
Whether you participate or not changes nothing.. The brave ones in Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Abuja, Edo, Delta etc have passed a strong message to the government with the world watching.

Later on, you and your kiths can come out to chestbest about your "bravery" in the face of oppression.

Once there is a protest in these states, Nigeria will catch cold.

If IPOB likes, let them protest till tomorrow, their demand is unreasonable, they will continue to be wasted and nobody cares about them

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by Nobody: 4:03am On Oct 10, 2020
gidgiddy:
I have often said it here on Nairaland that SARS is a state sponsored terrorist organisation and I stand by it. They have killed and brutalised many innocent people.

However, I think that we Igbos should not participate in the Endsars protest despite the fact that many Igbos have been the innocent victims of SARS.

1) Endsars is pointless. The government of Buhari, which we all know is more for Northern interests, will not end SARS. The extra-judicial killings, torture and brutality of SARS is mainly in the South of Nigeria, it hardly affects the North. SARS cannot be ended without Buhari's permission and if it is not affecting the North, why would he end it?

2) Even if SARS is ended or scrapped, will that really change anything thing? The Police, Army, Navy, DSS and other armed forces will still be brutalising and killing innocent Nigerians daily just like SARS. Wether you end SARS or not, other arms of the armed forces will still be doing exactly what SARS is doing. The protest should not have been Endsars, it should have been 'end armed forces brutality and illegal killing'

3) Nigerians can be hypocrites. Many of those protesting Endsars are the same people who kept silent when different branches of the armed forces were shooting and killing unarmed IPOB protesters. Some of them are happy when the see unarmed innocent Biafrans protesters killed, tortured, made to kay lay down in muddy water, dehumanised and detained. They dont care because its not their tribe or Region. They only remember that injustice is a bad thing when SARS is doing it to their people. They dont know that the injustice you support or ignore today may become the injustice that may be done to you tomorrow

I think that Igbos should not participate in Endsars protest for these reasons

ALL THESE YEARS THAT NNAMDI KANU & IPOB HAVE BEEN PROTESTING, DID YOU SEE THEM GET THIS INTERNATIONAL COVERAGE THAT #ENDSARS HAS GOT?

ENOUGH REASON FOR YOU TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE IRRELEVANT.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by ATTemi: 4:56am On Oct 10, 2020
U 4 jx keep quiet.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Screens 89 Rivers Assembly Aspirants, Says Exercise Was Peaceful / No Cause For Alarm, Elections Will Hold - FG / CSU Brouhaha: Photo Of Tinubu Being Awarded As Best Graduating Student.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.