Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest (5479 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army / Uche Secondus: PDP May Not Participate In Future Elections / "APC Will Not Participate In Rivers State Elections" - INEC Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by thatigboman: 5:04am On Oct 10, 2020
EastGold:

You are very sound and deep in your reasoning.

IPOB is calling for a break up, Yoruba do not believe in that ideology.

#EndSARS is a protest against a societal menace, bedeviling the entire country.
Igbos kept quiet, they hid under their pillow, whenever it is time to be counted, they are nowhere to be found.
after voting sai baba with nepa certificate, u are here looking for who will join u protest the monster u created. U never see anything

3 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by HAccord: 5:09am On Oct 10, 2020
The OP is spot on. No protest is greater than the 'No' vote the East gave this administration in 2015 and 2019 while yorubas cheered Buhari as he rigged his way to power.

Now the administration is swallowing the SW because of their myopic electoral foolery yet the hypocrites expect the East to join them to protest on the street. Why should the East join you after all the insult you showered on them when they counselled you in 2015 about the electoral suicide you are bent on committing?

You were warned before and the East has given up on your foolishness. In 2023 the East is still very sure that you are bound to go to the polling units to commit another suicide because you yorubas hardly learn from history and then start crying again with placards, looking for other people to join your protesting jamboree. So why should they bother when you guys seem to only try to cure your headache by cutting off your own heads instead of buying the paracetamol the Igbo man is offering you?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by solostar1: 5:27am On Oct 10, 2020
hakeemhakeem:
If you don't wanna protest stays at home (the battle is your battle you said you are going to farm when you comes back you still gonna meet it)how many northern police officers are brutal like the southern police officers in Nigeria police. The records were there take statistics of the officers how killed people how many northern police officers were there, we need to be sincere with ourselves. God willing when you get your baifar some of this officers are going to be recruit

This is the best comment. You speak nothing but the truth, SARS killing is in the south and is southern police officers who are the perpetrators.

Is so bad that when you have a police case or someone close to you with SARS officers, you will see that the officer(s) trying to extort you are your fellow Southerner

You see your fellow igboman just because he is in uniform will be speaking pidgin English for you.
Ha ana mete nso for their family.

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by dododawa1: 6:41am On Oct 10, 2020
What goes around, do what OP.

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by loveth360(f): 6:52am On Oct 10, 2020
jakD:
I don't expect any sensible moderator to take this to the front-page.
However, I'll make one thing clear to you.

This you've written is an encouragement to tribalism.

I understand you might be angry but then tribalism isn't something we should promote in any way.

Thank you.
But they guy is right.

If you supported the killing of protesters in east,you have indirectly sold your right to protest.

No reasonable Igbo man will join that protest.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by loveth360(f): 6:59am On Oct 10, 2020
IfeMiLove:
Tribalism has eaten deep into your soul. I pray you find peace.
Why are you people shouting tribalism tribalism.

Rejoicing and cheering the killing of Protesters in east is love making right..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 10, 2020
For the fact there's no end SARS protest in south east should tell the Nigerians our stand

We have long lost hope in Nigeria we are just watching you all thinking there's still a way to salvage your nation

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by ArmedRobber: 7:28am On Oct 10, 2020
gidgiddy:
I have often said it here on Nairaland that SARS is a state sponsored terrorist organisation and I stand by it. They have killed and brutalised many innocent people.

However, I think that we Igbos should not participate in the Endsars protest despite the fact that many Igbos have been the innocent victims of SARS.

1) Endsars is pointless. The government of Buhari, which we all know is more for Northern interests, will not end SARS. The extra-judicial killings, torture and brutality of SARS is mainly in the South of Nigeria, it hardly affects the North. SARS cannot be ended without Buhari's permission and if it is not affecting the North, why would he end it?

2) Even if SARS is ended or scrapped, will that really change any thing? The Police, Army, Navy, DSS and other armed forces will still be brutalising and killing innocent Nigerians daily just like SARS. Wether you end SARS or not, other arms of the armed forces will still be doing exactly what SARS is doing. The protest should not have been Endsars, it should have been 'end armed forces brutality and illegal killing'

3) Nigerians can be hypocrites. Many of those protesting Endsars are the same people who kept silent when different branches of the armed forces were shooting and killing unarmed IPOB protesters. Some of them are happy when they see unarmed innocent Biafran protesters killed, tortured, made to lay lay down in muddy water, dehumanised and detained. They dont care because its not their tribe or Region. They only remember that injustice is a bad thing when SARS is doing it to their people. They dont know that the injustice you support or ignore today may become the injustice that may be done to you tomorrow

I think that Igbos should not participate in Endsars protest for these reasons
end sarz within 48hours protest have gone international, now trending in usa,uk,canada south africa.
It shows you igbos re irrelevant in scheme of things.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by tollyboy5(m): 7:35am On Oct 10, 2020
I'm not against Biafra Mr op. But Igbo should not insult Yoruba's. Then we will fight any Yoruba who insults Igbo.
But joining Biafra protest might not be that easy untill we feel the heat ourselves
Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:48am On Oct 10, 2020
This is a very foolish posts. Sars has killed more Igbo youths than other youths. Continue supporting nonsense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:49am On Oct 10, 2020
This is a very foolish posts. Sars has killed more Igbo youths than other youths. Continue supporting nonsense.
Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by IfeMiLove: 7:58am On Oct 10, 2020
loveth360:
Why are you people shouting tribalism tribalism.

Rejoicing and cheering the killing of Protesters in east is love making right..
So sars are not harrasing and killing Easterners

6 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by gidgiddy: 8:00am On Oct 10, 2020
ArmedRobber:
end sarz within 48hours protest have gone international, now trending in usa,uk,canada south africa.

Good, saves Igbos wasting their time on a useless protest that will achieve nothing in the long run as Police, Army, Navy and others carry on killing and brutalising innocent people even if SARS ends

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by naija4life247: 8:03am On Oct 10, 2020
daewoorazer:
I’m not against Biafra because I believe it’s ur fundamental human right: the right of association.

However, next time, you should let the intelligent ones among you do the write-ups.

Intelligent once that the unfortunate albino Nnamdi Kanu or Evans the billionaire kidnapper?
Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by MansoryMX(m): 8:10am On Oct 10, 2020
daewoorazer:
I’m not against Biafra because I believe it’s ur fundamental human right: the right of association.

However, next time, you should let the intelligent ones among you do the write-ups.

Chai!

3 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by Lovelive: 8:17am On Oct 10, 2020
EastGold:

You just justified the points made by the Op.

Once there is a protest in these states, Nigeria will catch cold.

If IPOB likes, let them protest till tomorrow, their demand is unreasonable, they will continue to be wasted and nobody cares about them
Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 10, 2020
gidgiddy:
[s]I have often said it here on Nairaland that SARS is a state sponsored terrorist organisation and I stand by it. They have killed and brutalised many innocent people.

However, I think that we Igbos should not participate in the Endsars protest despite the fact that many Igbos have been the innocent victims of SARS.

1) Endsars is pointless. The government of Buhari, which we all know is more for Northern interests, will not end SARS. The extra-judicial killings, torture and brutality of SARS is mainly in the South of Nigeria, it hardly affects the North. SARS cannot be ended without Buhari's permission and if it is not affecting the North, why would he end it?

2) Even if SARS is ended or scrapped, will that really change any thing? The Police, Army, Navy, DSS and other armed forces will still be brutalising and killing innocent Nigerians daily just like SARS. Wether you end SARS or not, other arms of the armed forces will still be doing exactly what SARS is doing. The protest should not have been Endsars, it should have been 'end all armed forces brutality and illegal killing'

3) Nigerians can be hypocrites. Many of those protesting Endsars are the same people who kept silent when different branches of the armed forces were shooting and killing unarmed IPOB protesters. Some of them are happy when they see unarmed innocent Biafran protesters killed, tortured, made to lay lay down in muddy water, dehumanised and detained. They dont care because its not their tribe or Region. They only remember that injustice is a bad thing when SARS is doing it to their people. They dont know that the injustice you support or ignore today may become the injustice that may be done to you tomorrow

I think that Igbos should not participate in Endsars protest for these reasons[/s]

You are one of the reason biafrauud yEast republic will never be actualized

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by prowriterss: 8:26am On Oct 10, 2020
gidgiddy:
I have often said it here on Nairaland that SARS is a state sponsored terrorist organisation and I stand by it. They have killed and brutalised many innocent people.

2) Even if SARS is ended or scrapped, will that really change any thing? The Police, Army, Navy, DSS and other armed forces will still be brutalising and killing innocent Nigerians daily just like SARS. Wether you end SARS or not, other arms of the armed forces will still be doing exactly what SARS is doing. The protest should not have been Endsars, it should have been 'end all armed forces brutality and illegal killing'

No need to even talk.....we were never planning to join them

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by Charleys: 8:29am On Oct 10, 2020
EastGold:

You are very sound and deep in your reasoning.

IPOB is calling for a break up, Yoruba do not believe in that ideology.

#EndSARS is a protest against a societal menace, bedeviling the entire country.
Igbos kept quiet, they hid under their pillow, whenever it is time to be counted, they are nowhere to be found.

Repeat this question three times.

How many people have SARS killed in the west?

If you don't have an answer then why are you protesting. SARS have killed more in the South South and south east than the west.

So what are you protesting for?
When the people who are being killed are not protesting.
Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by nku5: 8:36am On Oct 10, 2020
Nigeria is not exempt from the law of sowing and reaping. The South East has the most checkpoints than any other geographical space in the world and we have been experiencing SARS killings for years without anybody caring. Now it has gone round and everybody understands how if feels

When almost 40 male bodies were found floating in a river in Anambra State years ago and we cried out that SARS was responsible , the same people talking about End Sars today were mocking us and called the victims MASSOB members who deserved it. Lets be careful about what the seeds we sow and make sure not to neglect a problem because we feel we are not affected. I don talk my own

4 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by Notasyouthink: 8:36am On Oct 10, 2020
jakD:
I don't expect any sensible moderator to take this to the front-page.
However, I'll make one thing clear to you.

This you've written is an encouragement to tribalism.

I understand you might be angry but then tribalism isn't something we should promote in any way.

Thank you.
You that is claiming Mr holy I've not seen you condemning SARS brutality on unarmed IPOB members.

Hypocrites everywhere!

2 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by meraola29080: 8:38am On Oct 10, 2020
:I’m not against Biafra because I believe it’s ur principle humankind everything: the everything of federation.However, coming moment, you should let the smarts those among you do the rewriting-booms.Chai!
Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by Yujin(m): 9:02am On Oct 10, 2020
gidgiddy:

Nna, you are 100% spot on. I understand that our thought process is quite different from that of those who criticize this post of yours for you were able to put down your points concisely.
Let me make it clearer for them may be they can get it. Igbos won't protest against SARS despite being among the biggest casualties of those state backed criminals because it will be akin to just attempting to clear just one symptom among many of a chronic illness. After SARS is shut down, what about the regular police, DSS and the notorious Nigerian Army who grossly violate the lives of our people? We're not foolish to protest for just one thing. We believe that when Nigeria is divided, then all state securities can be handled if they misbehave. Let it be known that we refused to join the protest because it is small compared to the bigger problem facing our people.
As for those calling us names and cowards, we don't care. We've faced the soldiers countless times therefore ordinary protest against SARs is nothing. We're waiting for destiny defining moments on a national level and not some protest from criminal mufty wearing SARS personnel.
This is our position.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by MrCork: 9:43am On Oct 10, 2020
tiger28:
NO MORE REAL Adults on this site....SEUN needs to vigorously start AGE REQUIREMENT. What is this??

^^^^advise coming from a adult who call him sef tiger28 ....is yor birth name *toger28?? ..... is it wrong to offer babe music opootunity?...goat!!(no oofense) angry
Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by Ojiofor: 9:55am On Oct 10, 2020
This is coming from the point of view of a die hard IPOB member.
Anything that will make the society we live in better and improve the lives of citizens is anathema to Igbos.They condemn anything that didn't originate from their runaway irrational supreme leader nor matter how good such a thing maybe.
Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 10, 2020
Charleys:

Repeat this question three times.

If you don't have an answer then why are you protesting. SARS have killed more in the South South and south east than the west.

So what are you protesting for?
When the people who are being killed are not protesting.

With due respect, you are a foolish person

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by gidgiddy: 10:52am On Oct 10, 2020
daewoorazer:

Thats what someone who has no superior counter argument would say.

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by AIlahuAkbar: 10:54am On Oct 10, 2020
[s]
gidgiddy:

/[/s] why are your comments only about igbos?
self centered selfish lots
Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by AIlahuAkbar: 10:55am On Oct 10, 2020
daewoorazer:

lmao cheesy cheesy cheesy
this one is a hit grin
Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by gidgiddy: 10:55am On Oct 10, 2020
AIlahuAkbar:
/ why are your comments only about igbos?
self centered selfish lots

As an Igbo man, who did you want my comments to be about? Zulu people?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by AIlahuAkbar: 10:57am On Oct 10, 2020
ArmedRobber:
savage
Re: Three Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Participate In Endsars Protest by AIlahuAkbar: 11:01am On Oct 10, 2020
gidgiddy:

As an Igbo man, who did you want my comments to bout? Zulu people?
you know the North holds Nigeria and if the region is affected then the SE would be directly affected and would be the worst hit.
No tribe/ geo-political entity can exist on it's own independently.
let's learn to unite.
Nigeria is ONE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wike And His G-5 Are Now BATified - Reno Omokri / Mohammed Fawehinmi: Exclusive Interview / Russia Set To Send 10,000 Troops To Nigeria (BREAKING)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.