Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Why I Support The End SARS Protests - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why I Support The End SARS Protests (263 Views)

Follow Up: Nigerian Locked Up for the Case of Rape —The Walk, The End. / Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS / Man Hit By Soldier's Stray Bullet Protests In Front Of Army Barracks In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Support The End SARS Protests by lordsterlin(m): 11:26am On Oct 10, 2020
My Sars experience happened 2/3 years ago. I have chosen to forget it until now.

These guys were SAKs (anti kidnapping squad) they accused me of stealing my father's car on my way to get fuel just two streets away from home, still in my neighborhood.

They asked for papers, they did not even look at the papers when I gave them. They asked me out of the car with a gun pointed at me and put me in cuffs saying I stole the car.

They threw me at the back of their van.
I was totally wowed, cuz, I could not believe it. I didn't even argue I just couldn't. They were the ones with the guns, so, they win. Wetin I wan talk?

One of them drove my dads car behind following.

What saved me...was that literally everyone was watching. It can be embarrassing but it's always helpful if the world is watching.
When they drove to their next stop in the next street to apprehend a group of boys managing their lives...the whole neighborhood was shocked to see me in cuffs at the back of their van...I remember this particular woman asking strongly, "what did he do?" And the SAKs man was asking her to stay back.
I told her they accused me of stealing my father's car!!
Everyone knows the car in the neighborhood...it was just ridiculous! She was like... "Na him papa car na!!"
They asked if she was my mother, I didn't answer, they threatened to cuff her too if she came near the van. She was furious!
Calls were made, some people began to come out... they said they will shoot, if anyone drew closer...my brother came with my driver's license(I didn't have it, they didn't ask either)...and then these mudafukas denied I didn't show them the vehicle papers.
I remember my bro shouting at me to show the the papers...I yelled back at him "it's with them already!"
They said they were not with it!
Everyone fucking saw me giving it to them!!!

At this point I was done. I was just helpless. I wasn't even ready to stress myself. If I'm going to be put in cuffs and treated like a criminal, I should at least look pretty. So I kept quiet and kept a seamless face.
They began bargaining money with my bro. One man who lived in my compound came to also talk with them.

Personally, I didn't care because it was still funny to me. It was still looking like a joke to me. Even after I was released moments later...it was still like a joke that wasn't funny.

Unfortunately, it wasn't a joke to those people who had lost their lives in the hands of these men!!! Their money and their sanity! The trauma that follows with such abuse can be damaging for life and the painful fact that no one is paying for it is just why we must #ENDSARSNOW

1 Like

Re: Why I Support The End SARS Protests by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 10, 2020
I stand with Reform_SARS angry

Most SARS operatives are cultists/drug addicts tongue

Meanwhile,,
If you know you can't train your children well, kindly control your child bearing. We already have more than enough thugs/devilish pikins abeg. The future of this nation no be here o lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Why I Support The End SARS Protests by joyandfaith: 12:31pm On Oct 10, 2020
SimplyFacts:
I stand with Reform_SARS angry

Most SARS operatives are cultists/drug addicts tongue

Meanwhile,,
If you know you can't train your children well, kindly control your child bearing. We already have more than enough thugs/devilish pikins abeg. The future of this nation no be here o lipsrsealed

no!! end sars.

The NPF needs a wholistic reconfiguration with the ban of SARS. SARS was formed to battle armed robbers and kidnappers in 1992 in lagos. in early 2000 , sars units were created nationwide due to increasing violent crimes. 10 years later, Internet fraud became popular and armed robberies becoming old fashioned . sars guys were becoming idle, no more action , no money. efcc guys are living like Saudi princes.sars were envying efcc guys and decided to have their share of proceeds of frauds.
the truth is that era of rampant armed robberies has gone. this is new era of Internet fraud. they do not have training to handle cybercrimes. many innocent ones have been harassed and killed by sars. follow PoliceCRU and segalink in twitter and read bad experiences people had with sars. sars are friends of yahoos and criminals. they visit real yahoos monthly to collect 'salaries'. it is when they fail to meet their 'targets', they resort to extorting any youth. sars personnels should be deployed to fight bandits as SWAT team while government devotes more resources to efcc and icpc to have presence in every lg.

1 Like

Re: Why I Support The End SARS Protests by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 10, 2020
joyandfaith:

no!! end sars.

The NPF needs a wholistic reconfiguration with the ban of SARS. SARS was formed to battle armed robbers and kidnappers in 1992 in lagos. in early 2000 , sars units were created nationwide due to increasing violent crimes. 10 years later, Internet fraud became popular and armed robberies becoming old fashioned . sars guys were becoming idle, no more action , no money. efcc guys are living like Saudi princes.sars were envying efcc guys and decided to have their share of proceeds of frauds.
the truth is that era of rampant armed robberies has gone. this is new era of Internet fraud. they do not have training to handle cybercrimes. many innocent ones have been harassed and killed by sars. follow PoliceCRU and segalink in twitter and read bad experiences people had with sars. sars are friends of yahoos and criminals. they visit real yahoos monthly to collect 'salaries' . it is when they fail to meet their 'targets', they resort to extorting any youth. sars personnels should be deployed to fight bandits as SWAT team while government devotes more resources to efcc and icpc to have presence in every lg.

They work for the omo oniles (illegitimate land grabbers) too

Lots of reasons for Reform

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Video Of Policeman Embracing Crime While Receiving Bribe / It Is A Sad Time To Be Associated With The Name Nigeria.... / Soyinka To Governors Demand Immediate Withrawal Of Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.