Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,379 members, 7,822,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro (3892 Views)

HELP!! Which Is The Better Budget Phone? Redmi 9a Vs Redmi 8 Vs Umidigi A7 Pro / Redmi 9 Vs Infinix Note 7: An Essential Duel. / Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Vs Umidigi S5 Pro Vs Galaxy A71 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by OwoukoUrua(m): 1:41pm On Oct 10, 2020
Fellow Naira-phone-landers,

I know this comparison is unfair considering the fact that the A9 Pro is yet to be launched. Nevertheless, I'll like to know which device you think is better.

Facts and opinions are all welcome.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 10, 2020
Tell us the spec nah
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by OwoukoUrua(m): 2:10pm On Oct 10, 2020
Fact1:
Tell us the spec nah

typing with IT5615 is no fun at all o . . . You can check out the specs on the internet
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 10, 2020
OwoukoUrua:

typing with IT5615 is no fun at all o . . . You can check out the specs on the internet

Haha ,,why nah,,,,,,,,,,,grin

I'm using itelp15 currently and nothing is wrong with it ,,,,stop saying bad things about itel nah,,,,,,,

What's wrong with yours?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by OwoukoUrua(m): 2:51pm On Oct 10, 2020
Fact1:

Haha ,,why nah,,,,,,,,,,,grin

I'm using itelp15 currently and nothing is wrong with it ,,,,stop saying bad things about itel nah,,,,,,,

What's wrong with yours?

lol . . . I'm not badmouthing Itel o, 5615 is a "basic phone".
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 10, 2020
OwoukoUrua:

lol . . . I'm not badmouthing Itel o, 5615 is a "basic phone".

Haa okay,,,,,,,,,,,,

God will provide higher phones,,,,,,,,,✌️,,

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by Zeroenochone(m): 3:05pm On Oct 10, 2020
In this case Redmi 9 has a more powerful chipset

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by Exumal: 4:13pm On Oct 10, 2020
Zeroenochone:
In this case Redmi 9 has a more powerful chipset
Gbam! They've come again oh. Powerful as in? Acceleration or speed?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by Zeroenochone(m): 4:17pm On Oct 10, 2020
Exumal:

Gbam! They've come again oh. Powerful as in? Acceleration or speed?

https://www.google.com
But perhaps you're browsing using free basics
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by Exumal: 4:18pm On Oct 10, 2020
Zeroenochone:

I've checked. They're on the same par. I believe a9pro self will be faster than Redmi 9. You can ask why sir?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by Zeroenochone(m): 4:19pm On Oct 10, 2020
I did the chore of checking both phones and comparing their chipsets among other things before posting here, I will not be trolled by someone who hasn't done the same
Zeroenochone:

But perhaps you're browsing using free basics
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by Zeroenochone(m): 4:19pm On Oct 10, 2020
Exumal:

I've checked. They're on the same par. I believe a9pro self will be faster than Redmi 9. You can ask why sir?

G80 to p60?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by Exumal: 4:19pm On Oct 10, 2020
Zeroenochone:

G80 to p60?
Yes sir!
P60 has a better clock speed.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by Zeroenochone(m): 4:21pm On Oct 10, 2020
Exumal:

Yes sir!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by Zeroenochone(m): 4:21pm On Oct 10, 2020
Exumal:

Yes sir!

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by Zeroenochone(m): 4:22pm On Oct 10, 2020
I'm not even in the mood for this argument
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by Exumal: 4:25pm On Oct 10, 2020
Zeroenochone:
I'm not even in the mood for this argument

Sir, that's why I asked if you mean speed or acceleration?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by Zeroenochone(m): 4:25pm On Oct 10, 2020
Unlike most Xiaomi users I'm not an ass licker
If you give me two phones to compare I'll tell you the strength and weaknesses of both in my opinion

If the p60 has a better clock speed is speed now equal to power?
Umidigi Power 3 uses Helio p60 yet it can only run COD on high graphics settings
Redmi note 8 that uses Snapdragon 665 runs COD on very high graphics settings despite the p60 having a higher clock speed

Try to understand,
Speed != Power
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by Exumal: 4:26pm On Oct 10, 2020
Zeroenochone:
Unlike most Xiaomi users I'm not an ass licker
If you give me two phones to compare I'll tell you the strength and weaknesses of both in my opinion

If the p60 has a better clock speed is speed now equal to power?
Umidigi Power 3 uses Helio p60 yet it can only run COD on high graphics settings
Redmi note 8 that uses Snapdragon 665 runs COD on very high graphics settings despite the p60 having a higher clock speed

Try to understand,
Speed != Power

Speed is as acceleration is far different from speed as power sir.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by Exumal: 4:28pm On Oct 10, 2020
The likes of ram type and speed as well as Os will help a9pro in this scenario over Redmi 9. I believe in real life usage over specs on paper. Go check this sir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9q9Mm2Ec1s
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by Zeroenochone(m): 4:32pm On Oct 10, 2020
Exumal:

Speed is as acceleration is far different from speed as power sir.

Like I said I'm not in the mood for any argument
If you've got points for the op proving that the a9pro is a better choice then list it without coming for anyone that mentions Xiaomi here on Nairaland

I helped the op by stating the most important factor to me
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by Zeroenochone(m): 4:33pm On Oct 10, 2020
Exumal:
The likes of ram type and speed as well as Os will help a9pro in this scenario over Redmi 9. I believe in real life usage over specs on paper. Go check this sir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9q9Mm2Ec1s

Have you used both phones in real life or are you seeing what a YouTuber recorded for you?
And again speed isn't power
That it opens apps faster doesn't mean it can out perform the Samsung

I've held the a7pro in my hands and I use the redmi note 8

The a7pro opens apps faster
But does that mean it'll outperform a Redmi note 8?

Umidigi users would go on to say that because of stock android the umidigi is a better device but the stock android means it won't have some features available for something like MIUI and some people love those features and would prefer miui to stock android

Features like ability to customise your navigation bar and notification bar, as well as changing fonts and game turbo

The floating chat head that android 11 is going to bring for example, there's something very similar to it on MIUI 11 and 12 they call it "quick reply"
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by Exumal: 4:33pm On Oct 10, 2020
Zeroenochone:

Like I said I'm not in the mood for any argument
If you've got points for the op proving that the a9pro is a better choice then list it without coming for anyone that mentions Xiaomi here on Nairaland

I helped the op by stating the most important factor to me

Better Os optimization
Price
Better ram and rom
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by Exumal: 4:34pm On Oct 10, 2020
Zeroenochone:

Have you used both phones in real life or are you seeing what a YouTuber recorded for you?

Okay sir. The question you ought to ask is "how does Umidigi achieve this?"
Though I've not used both phones but I'm using the A3x and I see what it offers. Not to talk of what a p60 chip will offer. With this your assumption sir, should I believe they're all liars then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HP03BPP8Eo
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by Zeroenochone(m): 4:50pm On Oct 10, 2020
Exumal:

Okay sir. The question you ought to ask is "how does Umidigi achieve this?"
Though I've not used both phones but I'm using the A3x and I see what it offers. Not to talk of what a p60 chip will offer. With this your assumption sir, should I believe they're all liars then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HP03BPP8Eo

Look argue with another Xiaomi user not me
As for me I stated the processor

And the p60 that will be "optimised" still can't beat a g80 because the makers of the phone didn't come to fry groundnut as well

Unless you make an in-depth investigation of both phones don't come and start talking optimization blah blah blah here abeg

You might go on to say that the p60 is optimised but for the power 3 that's in the same range as redmi note 8 obviously the note 8 proved to be the stronger device

So you're free to voice your opinion, but don't attack me for stating the stronger processor that the Xiaomi has

We can't see which phone really beats which unless we hold both and compare them pound for pound

So till then the specs on paper will have to do

After all you can't say that an the umidigi a9pro's Helio p60 would beat the infinix zero 8's Helio G90T because it's optimised, surely you can't.

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by Zeroenochone(m): 4:54pm On Oct 10, 2020
It's disturbing how someone will be talking about a phone and some umidigi fan will just butt in talking about speed

Speed is not power naaaaaa undecided
That's like saying because a7pro is fast it's better than mi10ultra undecided

A car might be able to do 0 to 60 in 5 seconds, while it takes a truck 40 seconds to move from zero to 60, in fact a car might have a top speed of 200km/s while a lorry can only do 100 km/s, that doesn't mean the car can pull the kind of load that a lorry can pull it you understand that you'll see why that "speed test" no dey freak me

Think of it like this
I doubt the lunar rover can do upto 50km/s but I watch a NASA program where they raced an SUV against the lunar rover, the SUV started fast but got stuck on a patch of loose soil, it couldn't climb up any longer the lunar rover just breezed past the fast SUV slowly and reached the finish
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by Exumal: 5:05pm On Oct 10, 2020
Zeroenochone:

Look argue with another Xiaomi user not me
As for me I stated the processor

And the p60 that will be "optimised" still can't beat a g80 because the makers of the phone didn't come to fry groundnut as well

Unless you make an in-depth investigation of both phones don't come and start talking optimization blah blah blah here abeg

You might go on to say that the p60 is optimised but for the power 3 that's in the same range as redmi note 8 obviously the note 8 proved to be the stronger device

So you're free to voice your opinion, but don't attack me for stating the stronger processor that the Xiaomi has

We can't see which phone really beats which unless we hold both and compare them pound for pound

So till then the specs on paper will have to do

After all you can't say that an the umidigi a9pro's Helio p60 would beat the infinix zero 8's Helio G90T because it's optimised, surely you can't.

I see g80 is just a modified form of p60 for more better gaming that's all. Apart from this I don't see a real difference why I should be paying for r9 over a9pro. The point is r9 is over priced.
About the g90t same thing comes to play just some slight differences. Infinix with that it's heavy OS skin. I give up on it.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by Exumal: 5:09pm On Oct 10, 2020
Zeroenochone:
It's disturbing how someone will be talking about a phone and some umidigi fan will just butt in talking about speed

Speed is not power naaaaaa undecided
That's like saying because a7pro is fast it's better than mi10ultra undecided

A car might be able to do 0 to 60 in 5 seconds, while it takes a truck 40 seconds to move from zero to 60, in fact a car might have a top speed of 200km/s while a lorry can only do 100 km/s, that doesn't mean the car can pull the kind of load that a lorry can pull it you understand that you'll see why that "speed test" no dey freak me

Think of it like this
I doubt the lunar rover can do upto 50km/s but I watch a NASA program where they raced an SUV against the lunar rover, the SUV started fast but got stuck on a patch of loose soil, it couldn't climb up any longer the lunar rover just breezed past the fast SUV slowly and reached the finish

I'm all in with you on this sir. It all boils down to you preference. I prefer a better value for money. The second video shows a7pro outperforms Redmi 9 3/64 in holding apps. While we both note the redmi is costlier than the A7pro. I prefer acceleration first, then power. Lest you forget sir, it's the efficiency cores first before the power cores. For a gamer g80 for a normal day user p60. And don't smack it like g80 is all round better than p60. In all the arguments this is my submission; if Redmi 9 is going to better than a9pro it won't be about the chip. Thanks sir. cool

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by brandon180(m): 5:33pm On Oct 10, 2020
This is the first matured argument I have seen here on nairaland.
Kudos to you both,

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by Zeroenochone(m): 5:43pm On Oct 10, 2020
Exumal:

I see g80 is just a modified form of p60 for more better gaming that's all. Apart from this I don't see a real difference why I should be paying for r9 over a9pro. The point is r9 is over priced.
About the g90t same thing comes to play just some slight differences. Infinix with that it's heavy OS skin. I give up on it.

Eh ehnn
If you said that from the start it'll save us the stress of browsing around and looking for facts
I'm going to admit that the way a7pro price is dropping is still a mystery to me in terms 9f value for money umidigi has it I know that one

Just that as for me ehn
I prefer power no matter the cost (if I can still afford it that is)

Because even if it's a tiny difference that difference maybe the thing that decides if I'll be able to run a game or not

It's like this time I compared my pc graphics card against a friend's own
His graphics card had 2 GB video memory while mine had just 1 GB video memory

But mine was faster than his own, the guy ran jump Force at a specific resolution comfortably while 8 had to run mine on windowed mode

Just because of that slight difference of power I couldn't run the game as well as him even though my graphics card was faster

So my own preference is just pure unbridled power
As long as it's a tiny bit more powerful, I'd prefer it....if the pricetag isn't too heart wrenching

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by Zeroenochone(m): 5:44pm On Oct 10, 2020
Exumal:

I'm all in with you on this sir. It all boils down to you preference. I prefer a better value for money. The second video shows a7pro outperforms Redmi 9 3/64 in holding apps. While we both note the redmi is costlier than the A7pro. I prefer acceleration first, then power. Lest you forget sir, it's the efficiency cores first before the power cores. For a gamer g80 for a normal day user p60. And don't smack it like g80 is all round better than p60. In all the arguments this is my submission; if Redmi 9 is going to better than a9pro it won't be about the chip. Thanks sir. cool

Lol
Issokay cool
Court adjourned
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro by Exumal: 5:49pm On Oct 10, 2020
Zeroenochone:

Eh ehnn
If you said that from the start it'll save us the stress of browsing around and looking for facts
I'm going to admit that the way a7pro price is dropping is still a mystery to me in terms 9f value for money umidigi has it I know that one

Just that as for me ehn
I prefer power no matter the cost (if I can still afford it that is)

Because even if it's a tiny difference that difference maybe the thing that decides if I'll be able to run a game or not

It's like this time I compared my pc graphics card against a friend's own
His graphics card had 2 GB video memory while mine had just 1 GB video memory

But mine was faster than his own, the guy ran jump Force at a specific resolution comfortably while 8 had to run mine on windowed mode

Just because of that slight difference of power I couldn't run the game as well as him even though my graphics card was faster

So my own preference is just pure unbridled power
As long as it's a tiny bit more powerful, I'd prefer it....if the pricetag isn't too heart wrenching

I concur sir. But don't forget my p60 phone will place a call in time over yours with g80, it will open candy crush in time over yours same as open Nairaland over yours in time or even access a beneficiary portal over yours in time. In all I really admire your taste. But do you observe Lenovo London use pc are really under priced when it comes to game performance and ruggedness. I be won upgrade my laptop cpu from 2.54 to may be 3.0ghz upward. The chip has been the rating's downsize. Pes dey sweet oh with better graphics card. grin wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Newly Released itel P37 and P37 pro features with Photos / Ntel 4G Network Data Plans And Compatible Devices / Who Else Is Experiencing This: No network on my Etisalat SIM .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.