Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

#endsars Unemployment Will Rise, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #endsars Unemployment Will Rise, (383 Views)

Exposed!! See How Unemployment Will Be Eradicated Using Smartphone In 2023 / Petrol Price Will Rise To N1,000 Per Litre When Petrol Subsidy Ends — DPR / Biodun Fatoyinbo Will Rise Again – Fani-kayode Calls COZA Pastor ‘lover Of God’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#endsars Unemployment Will Rise, by AlexBells(m): 1:58pm On Oct 10, 2020
So if they disband SARS, let's say they lay them off, the problem with be the current criminals, the major problem will be unemployed or underemployed SARS. With their knowledge of firearms, are you thinking what I'm thinking, hmm, while we protest let's pray for grace and common sense. Some tough guys are better kept in check under some form of government apparatus, Yahoo boys are not the actual problem here, but keep those SARS guys in their work don't scrap it, the existence of such outfit filters the society.
Re: #endsars Unemployment Will Rise, by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 10, 2020
AlexBells:
So if they disband SARS, let's say they lay them off, the problem with be the current criminals, the major problem will be unemployed or underemployed SARS. With their knowledge of firearms, are you thinking what I'm thinking, hmm, while we protest let's pray for grace and common sense. Some tough guys are better kept in check under some form of government apparatus, Yahoo boys are not the actual problem here, but keep those SARS guys in their work don't scrap it, the existence of such outfit filters the society.
No, SARS operatives are police officers, just the unit or the section/department they belong to is different. If they disband them, they will transfer all of them to a different unit and department in the Nigerian police Force, they can move them to CTU, SPU, BORDER PATROL, TRAFFIC, INVESTIGATION UNIT, etc, we have many sections in the Nigerian Police Force, so no one is losing their job, SARS is not like DSS, OK?

1 Like

Re: #endsars Unemployment Will Rise, by James39: 2:35pm On Oct 10, 2020
csn01:

No SARS operatives are police officers, just the unit is different. If they disband them, they will shift all of them to a different unit in the Nigerian police Force, they can move them to CTU, SPU, BORDER PATROL, TRAFFIC, SCID, DETECTIVE UNIT, INVESTIGATION UNIT, etc, no one is losing their job, OK?

God bless you for this detailed explanation.

I was also reasoning like the op.

But now I know better.

1 Like

Re: #endsars Unemployment Will Rise, by crispus09(m): 3:09pm On Oct 10, 2020
not that police will lay them off but sars personnel will be integrated to another police unit
Re: #endsars Unemployment Will Rise, by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 10, 2020
James39:

God bless you for this detailed explanation.

I was also reasoning like the op.

But now I know better.
Welcome, I have added more police unit, section and department to my comment.
Re: #endsars Unemployment Will Rise, by Starcrest1: 4:18pm On Oct 10, 2020
csn01:

No, SARS operatives are police officers, just the unit or the section/department they belong to is different. If they disband them, they will transfer all of them to a different unit and department in the Nigerian police Force, they can move them to CTU, SPU, BORDER PATROL, TRAFFIC, INVESTIGATION UNIT, etc, we have many sections in the Nigerian Police Force, so no one is losing their job, SARS is not like DSS, OK?

Thanks for schooling them. SARS was beginning to feel like they are no longer policemen.
Re: #endsars Unemployment Will Rise, by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 10, 2020
Starcrest1:

Thanks for schooling them. SARS was beginning to feel like they are no longer policemen.
When I went for police screening, almost all the applicants are talking about them joining SARS after their training. SARS are the 5th toughest unit in the Nigerian police Force, but because they are after the popular yahoo guys, they are now behaving more powerful and arrogant.
Re: #endsars Unemployment Will Rise, by bjtinz: 4:38pm On Oct 10, 2020
Starcrest1:

This is the real issue we should be tackling. To a large extent, the regular police don't harass citizens the way Sars does. So what went wrong.
Re: #endsars Unemployment Will Rise, by dyera(m): 4:49pm On Oct 10, 2020
bjtinz:

This is the real issue we should be tackling. To a large extent, the regular police don't harass citizens the way Sars does. So what went wrong.

What happened was that real armed robbers waded their way into SARS unit and started extorting and robbing innocent people in the guise of searching for yahoo boys.

Today over 50% of SARS officials are armed robbers in uniform. If SARS is scrapped most of them will go and join or form arm robbery gang because they no longer have the opportunity to rob people in uniform.
Re: #endsars Unemployment Will Rise, by Starcrest1: 6:59pm On Oct 10, 2020
bjtinz:

The name entered into their head and they started feeling special. That's why they need to be disbanded.

(1) (Reply)

"Buhari's Government Lacks Empathy" - Ganduje's Aide / Nigerian Government The Most Organized Syndicate In The World / Afenifere Renewal Group Alleges Plot To Impose ‘state Of Emergency in Southwest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.