Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

#ENDSARS Burnaboy React, Launch Billboard - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / #ENDSARS Burnaboy React, Launch Billboard (1451 Views)

Spending December With Only My Grandma: Burnaboy React To Wizkid, Davido Hangout / Burnaboy React As He Beat Davido To Splash #250 Million On 2022 Lamborghini Edi / Billboard Of Oritsefemi And His Wife, Nabila Fash On Lekki Bridge (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#ENDSARS Burnaboy React, Launch Billboard by Trynaija(m): 5:05pm On Oct 10, 2020
Many have been calling BurnaBoy out for his choice of silence since #EndSARS protest escalated in Nigeria.

No one knows that BurnaBoy silence was that he is also busy making arrangements for voice of people to be heard.

Below is his statement :

” have taken the past week to gather my thoughts. I usually respond to these matters with my emotions and my frustra-tions, this time I have chosen to ignore the attempts; well-meaning or derogatory, to draw me out.

This is not and should not be about me, it is about a fundamental problem that affects us all as Nigerians, as Africans, and as human beings.
The state of our country, Nigeria is tricky, it has been from before i was born.

My greatest concern in all of this is that SARS will end now as it allegedly has several times in the past (I recall giving calls to end SARS during my USA tour in April 2019) and morph into a different entity down the line with a different form or a different name. In my opinion, abolishing the unit is a definite first step but we cannot afford to stop there.
The major issue is PROFILING. THIS MUST BE ADDRESSED BY BOTH THE AUTHORITIES AND THE CITIZENRY. IT SHOULD NOT BE A CRIME TO BE A YOUNG PERSON IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY.

The old adage that you cannot judge a book by it’s cover is a wise one.
The seriousness of recent events has required me to express my commitment to my people in the following format: –
1. Top of mind: First and foremost, I applaud all of the protestors exercising their right to assemble and fight for justice.
2. PROJECT PROTECT: I have created a sub-fund under my charity -The Reach called (@projectprotectng) to help protestors that are wrongfully harmed/arrested by SARS during and after these protests. This is a fund for the people by the people.
3. Miseducation foundation: This initiative will primarily be focused on upward mobility of our community to give a voice and a platform. It will be a mix of sharing and providing educational/factual historical information to give perspective on the origins of our nation and our continent. We will also focus on providing broader platforms to amplify the creative and tech community (no matter the field).
My music is my essence and it is primarily for the empowerment of Nigerians and Africans. I have always and will always continue to use my voice for this cause as I deem fit not because I am forced to but because I have chosen to.
Tiyamiu Kazeem, Isaac Mbge, Ifeoma Abugu, Chibuike Anams, Christian Ugwuoke, Aneke Okorie, Tina Ezekwe, Solomon Eze, Ayomide Taiwo, Godspower Edoha, Kolade Johnson, Chinedu Meniru, Augustina Arebu, Tunde Nafiu, Ifeanyi Ozor and those whose names are not known, may they never be forgotten.
Be safe out there family.

https://trynaija.com.ng/endsars-burnaboy-react-launch-billboard/

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: #ENDSARS Burnaboy React, Launch Billboard by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 10, 2020
UnaToto
Re: #ENDSARS Burnaboy React, Launch Billboard by backtalkG(m): 5:14pm On Oct 10, 2020
Which kind Bill board be this angry

1 Like

Re: #ENDSARS Burnaboy React, Launch Billboard by uniqueboi1(m): 5:14pm On Oct 10, 2020
Foolish odogwu

3 Likes

Re: #ENDSARS Burnaboy React, Launch Billboard by Hyperchi(m): 5:22pm On Oct 10, 2020
uniqueboi1:
Foolish odogwu
u done kill person
Re: #ENDSARS Burnaboy React, Launch Billboard by Charmingrascal(m): 5:24pm On Oct 10, 2020
Baby giant
Re: #ENDSARS Burnaboy React, Launch Billboard by IfeMiLove: 5:57pm On Oct 10, 2020
Burna's approach to the protest initially was childish. Why call people names when you know you'd support the movement later on? Odonguyon!

2 Likes

Re: #ENDSARS Burnaboy React, Launch Billboard by frainc(m): 6:07pm On Oct 10, 2020
Any move that will end "nonsense" is welcome
Re: #ENDSARS Burnaboy React, Launch Billboard by FullBlastLight: 7:00pm On Oct 10, 2020
Nairaland Admins & Mods, dis is certainly front-page worthy & it shld attended 2 wit dispatch!

Dis is simply because innumerable number of pple both online & offline hv been clamouring & calling out BurnaBoy 4 supposedly remaining incommunicado or reticent at such a critical moment they consider he shld be a frontliner & daringly assertive in d on-going national #EndSarsNow protests!

Las Las, he has presented his own laudable plans wich are very visible 2 d blind, audible 2 d deaf & calibrating 2 d dead, as concisely highlighted abv!

Meanwhile, on behalf of d entire Nairalanders & d larger encapsulating citizenry of Naija, we highly commend dis distinguished musician 4 his thoughtfulness, sagacity & benevolence at rolling out such plans!

More flourishing 4 him in all spheres, I pray!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: #ENDSARS Burnaboy React, Launch Billboard by Ayo2004: 8:00pm On Oct 10, 2020
Op,it is "launch" not "lunch"
U no chop this afternoon? grin
Re: #ENDSARS Burnaboy React, Launch Billboard by javaRookie: 8:01pm On Oct 10, 2020
Clout chasing burna

Lalasticlala
Re: #ENDSARS Burnaboy React, Launch Billboard by udumelue61854: 8:38pm On Oct 10, 2020
Which like Bill directors be this
Re: #ENDSARS Burnaboy React, Launch Billboard by longetivity(m): 8:41pm On Oct 10, 2020
LMAO naija ant
Re: #ENDSARS Burnaboy React, Launch Billboard by Vexedkid(m): 9:11pm On Oct 10, 2020
Man wey sabi! Man wey dey reason. u talk am yourself say you wise like el taliman and I believe you. That useless sowore wan blackmail the African giant into protest, him no reach.
Re: #ENDSARS Burnaboy React, Launch Billboard by Trynaija(m): 2:46am On Oct 11, 2020
Ayo2004:
Op,it is "launch" not "lunch"
U no chop this afternoon? grin

Lol, modified.
Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

See Emmanuella's Bodyguard That Caused Attention Today (video) / Fashion / How To Use The Law Of Attraction To Achieve Your Goals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.