Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,330 members, 7,850,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:52 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1386177 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by toitoi: 7:11pm On Aug 25, 2014
@beginingathome thanks for your response, this is my first pregnancy, and I don't know much about giving birth in the State, that's why I'mdoing research about it.i will see what to do because I haven't conclude yet.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fowopere: 7:34pm On Aug 25, 2014
Hello house, Can someone please send me the budget spreadsheet sample?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aykanbi: 7:44pm On Aug 25, 2014
nefertitiram:

It's all inclusive.
Budget $2k for accommodation.

@nefertitiram. Pls I called Mihs today. After being on the line for like 10 minutes, a lady picked and told me a mail will be sent to me confirming my appointment with financials. She also said I can. Only get the doctors appointment when I come in person and it might take up to 2 weeks to get me a doctor. Issue is I am planning on traveling at 36 wks with a couple of days stopover at Minnesota . I have already booked a ticket to this effect. Do you think I can get an appointment with a doc without necessarily showing up first or having to wait 2 weeks. I am really desperate for all the info I can get. P.s selling point is the fees. Way cheaper that the one I have with a hospital in Houston. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 8:02pm On Aug 25, 2014
@beginningathome

Welcome to travel section of nairaland, please i will appreciate it if you don't use this thread to advertise your work, its not allowed for some obvious reasons.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by beginningathome: 8:07pm On Aug 25, 2014
justwise: @beginningathome

Welcome to travel section of nairaland, please i will appreciate it if you don't use this thread to advertise your work, its not allowed for some obvious reasons.

Thank you.

So sorry for not understanding the rules you have laid out. My intent was not to simply advertise for myself, but to help those seeking know that there are more options available then just the couple mentioned in this thread. As a birth advocate I really want all women to know their birthing options so they can make informed decisions about their birth.

Could you please direct me to where I can freely share with people about their options for birthing in the US? Do you have an advertising section? I would kindly like to help out. Thank you so much!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nochid: 8:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
aykanbi:
@nefertitiram. Pls I called Mihs today. After being on the line for like 10 minutes, a lady picked and told me a mail will be sent to me confirming my appointment with financials. She also said I can. Only get the doctors appointment when I come in person and it might take up to 2 weeks to get me a doctor. Issue is I am planning on traveling at 36 wks with a couple of days stopover at Minnesota . I have already booked a ticket to this effect. Do you think I can get an appointment with a doc without necessarily showing up first or having to wait 2 weeks. I am really desperate for all the info I can get. P.s selling point is the fees. Way cheaper that the one I have with a hospital in Houston. Thanks.
Prior to now, MIHS sends you the doctor's and financial appointment at the same time. In recent times however, due to the traffic of people using the place, they just send you the financial appointment. This is in a bid to gauge your commitment to using them, so as it stands you only get your doctor's appointment after you have met the financial and paid. Most times its an interval of days or at most a week. You're 36weeks gone, the earlier you come the better.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 8:28pm On Aug 25, 2014
beginningathome:

So sorry for not understanding the rules you have laid out. My intent was not to simply advertise for myself, but to help those seeking know that there are more options available then just the couple mentioned in this thread. As a birth advocate I really want all women to know their birthing options so they can make informed decisions about their birth.

Could you please direct me to where I can freely share with people about their options for birthing in the US? Do you have an advertising section? I would kindly like to help out. Thank you so much!

There is no free advertising place for your sort of business unfortunately, allowing people to drop their contact details here or advertise will open a flood gate of people using this thread as a launch pad for all sorts of business advertisements .

If you want to advertise your business then contact the admin here https://www.nairaland.com/sendmessage/seun or here https://www.nairaland.com/sendmessagetosupermods
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by beginningathome: 8:32pm On Aug 25, 2014
Nochid:
Prior to now, MIHS sends you the doctor's and financial appointment at the same time. In recent times however, due to the traffic of people using the place, they just send you the financial appointment. This is in a bid to gauge your commitment to using them, so as it stands you only get your doctor's appointment after you have met the financial and paid. Most times its an interval of days or at most a week. You're 36weeks gone, the earlier you come the better.

Are you saying they require you to pay everything upfront without even making an appointment with you first? That's not right. How much of their fee do they require? And is any of it refundable if you choose not to use them? If so, that's really sad. Sorry. Just had to add my 2 cents.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by beginningathome: 8:35pm On Aug 25, 2014
justwise:

There is no free advertising place for your sort of business unfortunately, allowing people to drop their contact details here or advertise will open a flood gate of people using this thread as a launch pad for all sorts of business advertisements .

If you want to advertise your business then contact the admin here https://www.nairaland.com/sendmessage/seun or here https://www.nairaland.com/sendmessagetosupermods

Ok. Great. Thanks for the info. I just happened upon this thread and thought it was such a great place for people to talk about their plans and thought that being in the US I might be helpful. I'll contact the admin and see what my options for advertising are as I am very interested in letting women know their birthing options. Thanks again!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 8:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
beginningathome:

Ok. Great. Thanks for the info. I just happened upon this thread and thought it was such a great place for people to talk about their plans and thought that being in the US I might be helpful. I'll contact the admin and see what my options for advertising are as I am very interested in letting women know their birthing options. Thanks again!

Actually its, people here are helping each other with little info they have, its more of DIY sort of thing. If one person is allowed to place an ad here then every other person would want to do the same thing.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by beginningathome: 9:04pm On Aug 25, 2014
justwise:

Actually its, people here are helping each other with little info they have, its more of DIY sort of thing. If one person is allowed to place an ad here then every other person would want to do the same thing.

I understand. And I agree. I didn't think I was placing an ad, per say, just trying to help out with the little info that I have, as you said. Not a problem. I know that in the world of DIY sometimes it helps to have someone rooting for you and helping when possible. That's why we're all on this beautiful earth. To help others when possible. I only posted contact info because I had seen others do that very thing and thought it was not a problem. But like I said, I'm not here to raise issues. Just want to be helpful. Thanks again for explaining your position.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kykes: 9:38pm On Aug 25, 2014
Dear nairalanders, just to say a big thank you for all the info shared here and also share my success story at the embassy today.

I and my husband went together and we spent only 3 mins.These were the questions asked:
Why are you going to the US?
Where in the US?
Do you have family there?
Have you contacted a hospital?
Where do you work and what do you do?
have you travelled before?
are you married?
When did you get married?
do you have other children?
For every document I tried to present, she said don't worry and waved her hand. After she says pick pick up your passport on thursday.

GOD IS AWESOME!

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by beginningathome: 9:56pm On Aug 25, 2014
GenoMI: Hello house,

Please I would like to ask - what is the earliest age that one can fly with her baby back home after giving birth in the US?

Looking forward to your responses. Thank you.

It could take a little while to get your birth certificate. Sometimes 4 weeks, sometimes 8 weeks. Expect about that long. It's not really possible to hurry along the birth certificates, they kinda work on their own time frame.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aykanbi: 10:13pm On Aug 25, 2014
Nochid:

@nochid Thanks a lot. So if I fly at 36wks and I am able to get a doctor at 37 weeks then I'm still in the safe zone. Do you advise that I go ahead a d get a place to stay since I've made d decision to birth there. I'm flying early November tho, for anyone who's in the same ship? May I get suggestions on affordable extended stays with close proximity to the hospital. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nochid: 11:07pm On Aug 25, 2014
beginningathome:
Are you saying they require you to pay everything upfront without even making an appointment with you first? That's not right. How much of their fee do they require? And is any of it refundable if you choose not to use them? If so, that's really sad. Sorry. Just had to add my 2 cents.
beginningathome:
It could take a little while to get your birth certificate. Sometimes 4 weeks, sometimes 8 weeks. Expect about that long. It's not really possible to hurry along the birth certificates, they kinda work on their own time frame.
If you have not taken your time to read this thread from the very beginning, I'll advise that you do that before you start jumping into the middle of conversations.
MIHS has a package that covers uncomplicated delivery for $2888. You can go through what's contained in that package on their website, if you're paying all your bills upfront then you pay just that and hope there won't be complication. If you decide to do a down payment and then pay up within 90 days of ur delivery, then your bill will be $3850, so it's entirely up to you.
As for the birth certificate, I beg to disagree with you, once you deliver, the hospital records department comes to take the information of your baby and send same to vital records. In another 5-7days the birth certificate of your baby is ready for pick up there. As a matter of fact upon discharge from the hospital you're given addresses of vital record offices where you can walk into any and pick up the birth certificate for $20 or so.
And with that you can start processing the passport which takes about 1-2weeks max.
Some people on this thread have gotten all their baby's paper work in 2 weeks, @Uchetobi is an example.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nochid: 11:16pm On Aug 25, 2014
aykanbi:
@nochid Thanks a lot. So if I fly at 36wks and I am able to get a doctor at 37 weeks then I'm still in the safe zone. Do you advise that I go ahead a d get a place to stay since I've made d decision to birth there. I'm flying early November tho, for anyone who's in the same ship? May I get suggestions on affordable extended stays with close proximity to the hospital. Thanks
Well, I'll say 36weeks is a bit far gone, but if you've booked your flight, just keep telling the baby to hang in there till you get to the US.
If you've made up your mind to use MIHS, you can as well book for accommodation, popular around here is Crossland Economy Studios, then Extended Stay on East Oak, then I know a few people stay in Zazzu pannee.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aykanbi: 11:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
Nochid:
Well, I'll say 36weeks is a bit far gone, but if you've booked your flight, just keep telling the baby to hang in there till you get to the US.
If you've made up your mind to use MIHS, you can as well book for accommodation, popular around here is Crossland Economy Studios, then Extended Stay on East Oak, then I know a few people stay in Zazzu pannee.

Thanks. God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Jay6: 1:08am On Aug 26, 2014
temiiiii: Hi everyone.
Please I does anyone know how I can get a complete hospital bill that includes doctor's fees in kansas.

I was asked to reapply because the bill I got did not include a doctor's fee.

My next interview date is drawing near and I have still not found a complete bill . pls help.
temiiiii

Hi Temiii, I copied this extract from this forum before the attack, it might be of help to you "Here is one more option in Kansas city st. Joseph medical centre has maternity package for $3100, not include doctor." I'll suggest that you should contact the hospital for ob/gyn.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Imo007: 2:35am On Aug 26, 2014
i got my baby's BC the net day after leaving the hospital in phoenix
beginningathome:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by beginningathome: 2:43am On Aug 26, 2014
Imo007: i got my baby's BC the net day after leaving the hospital in phoenix

Wow! That's wonderful. Must have something to do with the center I was working in at the time. It always seemed to take a few weeks. Good for you!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 3:08am On Aug 26, 2014
aykanbi:

Oh no! That's not nice to hear! I really don't know how long it takes to get a doctor's appointment, but I am sure other phoenix mamas will have something so say. Personally, I am leaving at 27 weeks, my doctor insists I fly early. I am sure you can work something out when you get there.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 4:20am On Aug 26, 2014
aykanbi:

With all the stress of travelling and complications that could come up, I think you should plan to leave earlier. Betterstill, consult with your doctor and work out when best you should travel. Also check with the airline you plan to travel with confirm if they would allow you travel at 36 weeks.

Good luck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ibtisam24: 5:20am On Aug 26, 2014
Dear moms when I reach MIHS I had only an appointment with financial dep after that they said your an appointment with dr after 11 days I did not accept I told them I sent emails to hospital but no appointments and I am coming from very far country And pay hotel 11 days to meet a doctor!! Then they said talk to Norse after I meet her I show that I try to send emails no reply. She give me an appointment after only 3 days.

Note: there is ather branches not crowded you can visit dr first time and move to ather dr to mean hospital. Delivering only in mean hospital. Wish good luck to all Moms to be.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by miri7b5N: 6:18am On Aug 26, 2014
Controltinz: Good people of this forum, all the El paso mamas please is there any close(trekable) daycare/creche center to Intown suite where i could enroll my daughter for the period I will be here for?

Please i need your help abeg.

Hi, there's a mom here at intown who's girls 4 and 6 go to a treakable school. Don't know if they have a creche/daycare too, but can ask her for you.

Cheers.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by toitoi: 6:39am On Aug 26, 2014
@nochid I read some of your comment I could see you know much about MIHS, can you please give me an email you use or the phone number, also the websites you read about the maternity package plan I saw something like that on their website tried to click on it , it doesn't open.Also am looking for someone I can hook up with, I will be leaving by October or November.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by toitoi: 6:46am On Aug 26, 2014
@akanbi I read you will be leaving early November , am trying to hook with someone if you dont mind . Thanks

Thanks. God bless[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Eclipse24: 8:36am On Aug 26, 2014
Thanks miri7b5N, sent you a reply via mail. God bless!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 26, 2014
*Twerks in* Singing Pop, pop, pop, pop champagne grin grin cheesy. God is too much!

Had my interview today at the Abuja Consulate and it was a breeze! Was interviewed by the man at window 6. Here is the excerpt;

VO: Good morning Ma'am

Me: Morning Sir

VO: *Studies my DS 160 for like 30secs*. You're going to have your baby?

Me: Yes sir

VO: Can I've your documents from the hospital?

Me: Sure. *passes the letter of responsibility from Doctoresparati, PayPal payment confirmation for letter of responsibility and email correspondences*

VO: *Glances through and nods head*. Can I've have your statement of account?

Me: My hubby is the one sponsoring, so i came with his. *hands him hubby's statements of accounts*

VO: *Glances through again*. Is this your first baby?

Me: Yes sir

VO: Congratulations and safe delivery!

Me: Thank you sir.

VO: What does your husband do?

Me: He's a * * * with ***

VO: *Continues nodding and smiling* When do you intend travelling?

Me: November 26th

VO: Your visa has been granted. Please, do travel with these documents you have shown me. You may be asked at the POE.

Me: *Smiling uncontrollably* Thank you very much Sir.

VO: Have a nice day Ma'am.

Me: You too Sir.

All this took less than 2 minutes. I had the shortest interview compared to every other person before me. Now, I'm wondering why in the world I was so bothered. Couldn't sleep well last night cos of the interview.

Will paste a copy of my budget sheet and other docs I used to prepare (though I ended up not presenting them)

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adiahabasi: 10:56am On Aug 26, 2014
Congrats Phema! So happy for you. pls go ahead and paste the budget sheet you used. Plus was the money in the statement you used far more than the total in your budget sheet?or just slightly more?I.e if i'm budgeting say 10k do you think it'l be ok to hv a statement showing let's say 12k?

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (402)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.