Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,401 members, 7,850,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:04 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1386212 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 7:17pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hello people,

Please are there any mums with EDD for April 2015 going to MIHS?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 7:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
Even if you did, she can't interview you again once u challenge her that she denied you for no just cause.. I've read an instance on another thread where the guy challenged the VO that he was denied by him for no just cause.. He just moved him to another vo and he got it..The most important thing is to fill your form accurately, there shouldn't be irregularities though..Make sure what you fill correlates with the previous form..
Also, you need to be confident, look them straight in the eyes, talk audibly as well!
Most importantly, pray for God's favor! You will surely get it!!
mummybee:

@T4Tough, @Brooklyn20...both of you should reapply again, even with your spouses. In all, pray 4 God's Favour and I pray u won't meet with that lady again.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 8:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
@T4Tough, @Brooklyn20...

Where is phema when you need her to come and help us arrange "burden of proof" for the stubborn VO's.

It's well ladies,i suggest both of you should reapply but don't change the venue to abuja ,that may raise another red flag so stick to Lagos. Sit down and do a critique of your DS160. @T4Tough I have seen people denied for flaunting heavy account balances they can't defend,so it's not about your balance. It's a combination of several factors. wish you luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by EfeEj(m): 8:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by EfeEj(m): 8:25pm On Aug 28, 2014
justwise:

This is exactly why i'm against people dropping contact details of Drs or hospitals here, many members here are now using it indirectly to advertise for some Drs/hospitals. People get commission and discounts for recommending certain hospital or Dr.

@justwise

While I understand that people might abuse the dropping of hospitals/dr contact and get commissions, I also believe that many a times these contacts help numerous people in this forum( I know it has helped me in my search) . I think the trend should be that if you notice that a user is fond of placing particular contacts over and over again then such a person might be a marketer. People should not be afraid of giving information on hospitals/Drs they have used or has been recommended to them. I just think there should be a balance.

But anyways you the mod so you the boss. (Abeg no ban me o, I no be agent oo, na hospital me self dey find oooooooooo)

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 28, 2014
Tvegas:
@T4Tough, @Brooklyn20...
Where is phema when you need her to come and help us arrange "burden of proof" for the stubborn VO's.

Somebody hold me before I kill this man! angry grin

T4Tough and Brooklyn20; I just wasn't sure of what to say when I read of your denial. I was really really rooting for you guys. I know you're wondering where you must have gone wrong and what else to do to salvage the situation.

I will say; go back to the drawing board. Look at your DS 160 critically. Check to see if there are any discrepancies. I started filling my DS 160 form 2 months to my interview and eventually submitted few days to the interview. I was always going back to check for mistakes and to proof read.

If you check and there is nothing you think should have raised a red flag, then please reapply. Another VO will interview you. If by any chance you fall into the hands of the same VO, please politely remind her that she interviewed and refused you the last time. She will transfer your application to another VO.

Do not attempt to change any important info on your next application. They already have your data and will not waste time to refuse you on that ground. For instance, If you said you were going to stay with family, please maintain that. Don't think going the hotel route will increase your chances in anyway. It might even end up marring it. Also, do reapply in Lag. They see you as desperate when you change location within a short period of time.

Sometimes, some people really do have to "work hard" to achieve something. Your ultimate goal should make you keep trying. Some people had to apply the second/third time before they were granted. Do keep hope alive.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by DANNIEmore: 8:58pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hi Y'all,

Been silently going via this forum over and over and its really fun in here menh.
Anyways, was actually thinking if one could use a midwife's correspondence from a birthing centre or clinic for visa application?

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
DANNIEmore: Hi Y'all,
Been silently going via this forum over and over and its really fun in here menh.
Anyways, was actually thinking if one could use a midwife's correspondence from a birthing centre or clinic for visa application?
Thanks

Please, you can not. That will be automatic refusal. That is just telling the VOs that you really can not afford birthing in the US, but desperate to.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dserious: 9:07pm On Aug 28, 2014
Oga Justwise, understandably, as the mod u wuld try to discourage pple making unnnecessary gains from the site. However, the essence of this thread is information sharing. You cant imagine the impact ds thread has had on pple (including me) - successful visa applications, good thousands of USD saved, less stress in overall planning etc. All ds hav bn achieved because of pples generosity in sharing info.

In a bid to stop ds tiny number of pple with ulterior motives, dont u think u wuld prevent tons of pple getting valuable info; wen u start deleting contact details etc? Think abourrit o biko

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dserious: 9:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
Plus i support @EfeEj's view. We all know marketers wen we see dem naa haba; at least pple noticed those dr esparati & co gunners then.

Biko tamper justice wt mercy cool
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by DANNIEmore: 9:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
Phema:

Please, you can not. That will be automatic refusal. That is just telling the VOs that you really can not afford birthing in the US, but desperate to.

Wow.thanks for that quick answer.jst asking anyway..God bless Phema and Y'all. Pls,kip d gud work going!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 9:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
EfeEj:

@justwise

While I understand that people might abuse the dropping of hospitals/dr contact and get commissions, I also believe that many a times these contacts help numerous people in this forum( I know it has helped me in my search) . I think the trend should be that if you notice that a user is fond of placing particular contacts over and over again then such a person might be a marketer. People should not be afraid of giving information on hospitals/Drs they have used or has been recommended to them. I just think there should be a balance.

But anyways you the mod so you the boss. (Abeg no ban me o, I no be agent oo, na hospital me self dey find oooooooooo)

People are now abusing the idea of contact details dropping, its now a business where people get discounts and commission for recommending people. Rather than genuinely helping people with info some unknown doctors are using members here to market their business. I have tried to run a check on some numbers dropped here but its not turning up any direct link to hospital or clinic in US.

If this trend is allowed people will turn this place to business center.

Whoever wants to advertise here on behalf of any hospital or clinic in US should contact nairaland owner

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 9:31pm On Aug 28, 2014
dserious: Oga Justwise, understandably, as the mod u wuld try to discourage pple making unnnecessary gains from the site. However, the essence of this thread is information sharing. You cant imagine the impact ds thread has had on pple (including me) - successful visa applications, good thousands of USD saved, less stress in overall planning etc. All ds hav bn achieved because of pples generosity in sharing info.

In a bid to stop ds tiny number of pple with ulterior motives, dont u think u wuld prevent tons of pple getting valuable info; wen u start deleting contact details etc? Think abourrit o biko

You can get help concerning visa application here, the issue of contact dropping got nothing to do with visa application.

The issue here is about Drs, midwives... .etc. The abuse needs to stop.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 10:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
Phema:

Somebody hold me before I kill this man! angry grin

Phema of life, nothing do you my paddy. Its just that proof pass proof. grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 11:07pm On Aug 28, 2014
Justwise keep up d good work. It's a bit complicated I know. We need d info n sometimes d contacts as well but I also get aw dat can be easily abused sadly! I really don't know aw we r going to strike this balance. For instance someone might come in asking for a hosp n doctor in let's say Boston, n anoda has d info n contact, aw do we share this information without breaking any rule? Besides d bulk of this thread is made up of info on hosp contacts, doctors, accomodation, airline etc! How do we balance this so as not to lose d essence of d thread?

As for d agents, pls don't spoil this good thing for others na. Respect urself abeg.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Varvara: 3:16am On Aug 29, 2014
Adiahabasi: @varvara,was it in Lagos or Abuja you applied?

It was in Malaysia, in Kuala Lumpur. More over, I'm not malaysian, we are russian family.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Varvara: 3:19am On Aug 29, 2014
oyinkay123: it is stated in the paper they gave me that it takes WEEKS. and they didnt state how many weeks. im 30 weeks preg.i just sent them an email to ask for the status of my visa, waiting for their response.

when did you send it ? In ours they tell to wait 4 weeks and if we don't receive any answer, write them mail on 5th week to clarify our status.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Varvara: 3:24am On Aug 29, 2014
oyinkay123:

So I got a call from the embassy to come for another interview next week Tuesday at 1:30pm

Lucky you! How long time did you wait?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TK2014: 3:59am On Aug 29, 2014
TK2014: Good afternoon house, I have been following this trend for a while but unfortunately could not read all comments before the site was attacked. Please i need advise, i went for my Visa interview at Abuja on tuesday with all necessary documents obtained from Doctores para ti, but when interviewed the lady stated that they needed to confirm the letter and receipt submitted and would get back to us. I want to know if anyone has had this experience and how long it took before they reverted back to you. Also when filling the form a wrong email address was inputted. Would they reply via email or would they call.

I would like to say a big thank you to my friend who introduced me to this link and also to Jyde2014, Ucheobi and Nikkygal who responded to my questions. We were called by the embassy last week tuesday and our visa were issued (my husband, son and myself) on Friday. we have arrived at Intown suite Elpaso (dont have much time before delivery).

This forum has been very informative and I thank God i had the oppourtunity of having a friend who showed me this link.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TK2014: 4:56am On Aug 29, 2014
oyinkay123: So I was at the embassy today and was told "addition administrative processing required" and that they'd send me an email when my issue is resolved. What does that even mean?

sad

Hello Oyinkay123, I had the same issue when we went for our interview in July at Abuja. I called the line showed on their website but they kept telling me that they would revert back to us when they are done. My hope was kept alive by the testimony of Jyde2014 & Nikkygal who have had similar experience (although it was not easy many sleepless nite). I used my email addy to send them a message but did not receive any response. After a week that i used my huband's email he was requested to send his passport number which we immediately did. When we did not hear from them again and after confirming from the hospital that the embassy had contacted them my husband sent another mail to them and the following day I received a phone call that we shoul visit the embassy any tuesday or thursday at 1:30pm with our documents and the rest is history. When we went on tues we were just asked if we would be able to pay the balance of our bill as she coulc see that we had paid part and asked to see our bank statement.

So keep your mind at rest, send mails and ask the hospital to inform you once the embassy contact them

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by naijamumcarephx(f): 5:37am On Aug 29, 2014
lizcom25: Please people do you need to get a notary at the US embassy in nigeria when you will be in the US two days after your wife puts to bed??

This is info is from the travel.state.gov website. Hope it helps

Both parents/guardians must appear in person with the minor and provide consent, authorizing passport issuance to the minor. If one parent/guardian is unable to appear in person, then the DS-11 application must be accompanied by a signed, notarized Form DS-3053: Statement of Consent from the non-applying parent/guardian.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by T4Tough(f): 7:39am On Aug 29, 2014
@ phema,mummybee,tvegas and all the correct people of this forum even our very own sènior prefect justwise, i say thank you for taking out your time to brain storm on this matter. I will retrace My steps. But how early can i apply again will bé 22weeks morrow, due in early jan and DH is in far away Land at the moment on national assigment expecting him back by mid oct. My son chuks is two today please help me and bless his journey through life. Just finished baking a delicious pineapple and carrot Cake ya'll invited.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by titibaby: 8:13am On Aug 29, 2014
Hello all. Been a while. Used to post here prior to the attack. Had my baby at MIHS in June but was unable to post my birth experience also because of the attack. I have read most of the posts subsequent to the attack, although I now read for pleasure grin. I just feel the need to add my 2 cents to the two ladies whose applications were denied.

I would suggest that you re-assess your applications as has been suggested to note any inconsistencies that may be there. Also review the interview and the confidence you exuded. If you do so sincerely and do not find any faults, then don't be discouraged. The American embassy leaves the final decision on an application to the discretion of the VO which means that their personality may come to play in decisions made on an application. For some VOs, your travel history and employment is all that matters while for some others it a lot more than that. Some are more thorough than others and if we must be honest, some are more sadistic or racist than others. In view of this, it clear that it takes more than preparation but rather the grace of God to be successful.

I would advise that you reapply and don't let the emotions you felt at the denial, or the fear of appearing desperate deter you. It costs you nothing beyond the visa fees to reapply and the worst that could happen is another denial. However, for as long as there is a remote chance of success, then I would say you should give it a go. To be sincere, if I were in your shoes, I will continue to reapply for as long as is practicable in view of my due date if necessary. My motivation will be what I hope to achieve.

All in all, I will say don't give up. Wishing you success at your next attempt.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Varvara: 9:25am On Aug 29, 2014
TK2014:

Hello Oyinkay123, I had the same issue when we went for our interview in July at Abuja. I called the line showed on their website but they kept telling me that they would revert back to us when they are done. My hope was kept alive by the testimony of Jyde2014 & Nikkygal who have had similar experience (although it was not easy many sleepless nite). I used my email addy to send them a message but did not receive any response. After a week that i used my huband's email he was requested to send his passport number which we immediately did. When we did not hear from them again and after confirming from the hospital that the embassy had contacted them my husband sent another mail to them and the following day I received a phone call that we shoul visit the embassy any tuesday or thursday at 1:30pm with our documents and the rest is history. When we went on tues we were just asked if we would be able to pay the balance of our bill as she coulc see that we had paid part and asked to see our bank statement.

So keep your mind at rest, send mails and ask the hospital to inform you once the embassy contact them

How long it was between your interview and those tuesday?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 29, 2014
hello everyone. i have bin a silent folower of this thread. thanks for all d updates, views n al. please wud nid your views on d ffg:
i planned using mihs in dec. i have d appointment wit financials only, is it ok to present dat at POE witout dr appointment? .please for dose dat traveld recently with financials only, how did u do it?
then howz POE at phienix like or is NY better?. then which airline is ok if travelling at 35/36weeks witout any stress.
please your swift response wud be highly appreciated. God bless you all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by toitoi: 11:30am On Aug 29, 2014
@olwamabefunmi please I would like to use mihs , but I couldn't get in touch with them , and what is the total cost for delivery at Mihs.if you don't mind I would like to share accommodation with someone because am planning to go by december.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 29, 2014
Hello all, I'm in buckhead Atlanta, i will be due in 2 weeks or so, I need someone that will assist bathe my new born. Please assist. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 29, 2014
@toitoi mihs charges $2888 for everything.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by toitoi: 1:08pm On Aug 29, 2014
@OLUWABEFUNMI thanks . this is good .do you know about accommodation and contact for Mihs .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kykes: 2:37pm On Aug 29, 2014
Hi people, Pls does anyone have details of any Dr. And hospital in Boston?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 29, 2014
@mimibe, pls could you help with details (including cost pls) of your doctor and hospital you are registered with in Atlanta; as I also intend to have my baby in Atlanta.
Thank you pls
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 29, 2014
mimibe: Hello all, I'm in buckhead Atlanta, i will be due in 2 weeks or so, I need someone that will assist bathe my new born. Please assist. Thanks

@mimibe, pls could you help with details (including cost pls) of your doctor and hospital you are registered with in Atlanta; as I also intend to have my baby in Atlanta.
Thank you pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (402)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.