Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,100 members, 7,859,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 11:14 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1387511 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 3:25pm On Sep 15, 2014
damsell: Infact @Tvegas, that was her ooo, the same VO me and my hubby encountered. I did the same prayer that our number doesnt come up on her window but alas, it did. In the end sha, I thank God she saw our honesty and gave us. By the way, many thanks for the info u suggested telling me on what to give my mum(to show proof of our visa approvals) to use for her own interview two days after ours, she was successful.

Congrat your mum was granted, Its amazing that we were interviewed by the same tough VO. Its good she is granting preggies, i wish same favor for others.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 4:00pm On Sep 15, 2014
I was about to send in my ds-160 form when mihs suddely withdrew their plan. Do I go ahead or just wait till a new plan is out because I used them as my contact org.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 4:04pm On Sep 15, 2014
raii: I was about to send in my ds-160 form when mihs suddely withdrew their plan. Do I go ahead or just wait till a new plan is out because I used them as my contact org.

i advice you wait till i`m back from MIHS, i will try get a clearer pic and you can make a decision with my feedback. cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Pamperme: 4:07pm On Sep 15, 2014
To think i was just planning to change from New York to MIHS, Phoenix because of the weather around that period! sad sad

Abeg Uncle Oawele, let us have an update as soon as you can o. I need to finalise my plans before the end of the month.

Planning on doing drop-box to renew my visa later this month.

@raii, we might be heading to MIHS together, travelling last week in December.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 4:10pm On Sep 15, 2014
Pamperme: To think i was just planning to change from New York to MIHS, Phoenix because of the weather around that period! sad sad
Abeg Uncle Oawele, let us have an update as soon as you can o. I need to finalise my plans before the end of the month.

not to worry, i will go there later in the day, its just 8am here.... smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 4:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
oawele:

i advice you wait till i`m back from MIHS, i will try get a clearer pic and you can make a decision with my feedback. cheers

Thank u sir. My hubby had submitted his earlier. Xan one fill a fresh form or prepare to explain during the interview?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Pamperme: 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2014
oawele:
not to worry, i will go there later in the day, its just 8am here.... smiley

Ok Sir. Fingers crossed grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 4:28pm On Sep 15, 2014

@raii, we might be heading to MIHS together, travelling last week in December.[/quote]

Yaaayy. That's cool.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 4:45pm On Sep 15, 2014
raii:

Thank u sir. My hubby had submitted his earlier. Xan one fill a fresh form or prepare to explain during the interview?

You and your husband can retrieve submitted forms and fill new DS160 forms as late as a day to the interview . If you submitted the first application not more than 30 days to the day you attempt to retrieve your application. By following these steps

Go to the DS160 page, input your old DS160 code and retrieve submitted forms. Click on cancel old application . The old form submitted will appear,change all the necessary details and print the new confirmation page with the new code. You dont need to tamper with your appointment confirmation. Go to the embassy with the new DS160 confirmation page, the old DS160 confirmation page and the old appointment confirmation initially booked. You should be fine.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 5:10pm On Sep 15, 2014
Tvegas:

You and your husband can retrieve submitted forms and fill new DS160 forms as late as a day to the interview . If you submitted the first application not more than 30 days to the day you attempt to retrieve your application. By following these steps

Go to the DS160 page, input your old DS160 code and retrieve submitted forms. Click on cancel old application . The old form submitted will appear,change all the necessary details and print the new confirmation page with the new code. You dont need to tamper with your appointment confirmation. Go to the embassy with the new DS160 confirmation page, the old DS160 confirmation page and the old appointment confirmation initially booked. You should be fine.

God bless u mega. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kuzeh: 5:21pm On Sep 15, 2014
[quote author=Tvegas]

Go to the DS160 page, input your old DS160 code and retrieve submitted forms. Click on cancel old application . The old form submitted will appear,change
Thanks for this info. . You just answered a question that has been on my mind for a while now. GOD BLESS YOU
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dechica: 5:23pm On Sep 15, 2014
thanks to everyone who contributed, i had my baby on the 9th at holycross hospital in maryland. pls i need info on getting baby's passport and SSN. Maryland birth certificates take about a month to be ready, what do i do? do i need my birth certificate to apply for baby.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kuzeh: 5:27pm On Sep 15, 2014
Tvegas:

Go to the DS160 page, input your old DS160 code and retrieve submitted forms. Click on cancel old application . The old form submitted will appear,change all the necessary details and print the new confirmation page with the new code. You dont need to tamper with your appointment confirmation. Go to the embassy with the new DS160 confirmation page, the old DS160 confirmation page and the old appointment
confirmation initially booked. You should be fine.
Hi Tvegas,
I filled 10th September in my DS 160 form as travel date but after submitting I got an appointment date later than my intended travel date which is end of September. Been thinking of what to do....
Please advise
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by phmom: 5:32pm On Sep 15, 2014
Shawbabe: Any April 2015 mums heading to MIHS

yes o, I am an April 2015 mom to be and hope to go to MIHS though I don't have visa or anything yet. pls lets go through this process together if you don't mind
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 5:34pm On Sep 15, 2014
kuzeh:
Hi Tvegas,
I filled 10th September in my DS 160 form as travel date but after submitting I got an appointment date later than my intended travel date which is end of September. Been thinking of what to do....
Please advise

You can fill a new DS160 to reflect the changes. Alternatively,

Incase you got your appointment letter from Doctoresparati or any other hospital that issue such, inform them to change your appointment date in the USA and send you an email effecting the change. Print same, Attach it to your appointment letter and go the embassy with it . If this route is not possible, explain your itinerary in the USA to the VO.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kuzeh: 5:42pm On Sep 15, 2014
Tvegas:

Incase you got your appointment letter from Doctoresparati or any other hospital that issue such, inform them to change your appointment date in the USA and send you an email effecting the change. Print same, Attach it to your appointment letter and go the embassy with it . If this route is not possible, explain your itinerary in the USA to the VO.
I already got them to change my appointment date and an email has been sent effecting the change. I guess this means I don't have to fill another form.
Thanks a bunch Sir. ...mwaaaah! !!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 6:01pm On Sep 15, 2014
kuzeh:
I already got them to change my appointment date and an email has been sent effecting the change. I guess this means I don't have to fill another form. Thanks a bunch Sir. ...mwaaaah! !!!

You are welcome ma. I will advise you shouldnt fret over such trivials as the first headache of a VO is to establish your home ties and your ability to fund your trip, your itinerary in the US is low in order of priority. You should spend more time building "Your burden of proofs".
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kuzeh: 6:06pm On Sep 15, 2014
Tvegas:

You are welcome ma. I will advise you shouldnt fret over such trivials as the first headache of a VO is to establish your home ties and your ability to fund your trip, your itinerary in the US is low in order of priority. You should spend more time building "Your burden of proofs".
Yesso, Phema na my MENTOR! !!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 6:15pm On Sep 15, 2014
Hey everyone,
The energy on this forum is off the roof, I'm glad I stepped in. Its opening doors and stimulating love among folks who were before now mor or less strangers. Salute to every one vivanobas, Tvegas,phema and all who have contributed selflessly. God bless your hearts

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by amash(f): 6:17pm On Sep 15, 2014
please let us know when you d....
oawele:

|I will be at MIHS on monday, will also confirm and revert.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 6:22pm On Sep 15, 2014
Tvegas:

Congrat your mum was granted, Its amazing that we were interviewed by the same tough VO. Its good she is granting preggies, i wish same favor for others.

Hi TveGas and damsell please can u help with info on documentation that I should give my mum in law for her interview.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 15, 2014
MadameU: Hey everyone,
The energy on this forum is off the roof, I'm glad I stepped in. Its opening doors and stimulating love among folks who were before now mor or less strangers. Salute to every one vivanobas, Tvegas,phema and all who have contributed selflessly. God bless your hearts

Bless you too ma'am kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 15, 2014
kuzeh:

grin wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by amash(f): 6:23pm On Sep 15, 2014
Hi pamper me... could you kindly let me know the exact birthing price you have for MIHS and what accomodation you will be using there?. really appreciate
Pamperme: To think i was just planning to change from New York to MIHS, Phoenix because of the weather around that period! sad sad

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2014
Dechica: thanks to everyone who contributed, i had my baby on the 9th at holycross hospital in maryland. pls i need info on getting baby's passport and SSN. Maryland birth certificates take about a month to be ready, what do i do? do i need my birth certificate to apply for baby.
Congrats ma, can you provide the cost profile for holycross hospital and other important tips,So that others using them can learn from your experience. Cheers

kuzeh:
You are on the right track, she is the Lolo/Iyalode of Burden of Proofs on NL.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 6:32pm On Sep 15, 2014
MadameU:

Hi TveGas and damsell please can u help with info on documentation that I should give my mum in law for her interview.
Thanks

The elderly are hardly stressed at the consulate. These few items may help though, A copy of your Visa and Passport Page, Your appointment letter, A letter of intent from you explaining your trip and ability to finance hers, your bank statement and any other document you deem necessary. The key thing is to coach her on your travel plans i.e. makes sure she understands the purpose of the trip and your destination.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
Abeg, who has tried booking Crossland Economy Hotels through the Extended stay route? Just made a reservation for 60 nights and it ain't cheap at all. I've just 24hrs to cancel the reservation or a 3 night charge will be applied. undecided

Got it at the rate of $26.24 per night till December 31st and $28.49 per night as from January 2014. Total for 60 nights came up to $1626.30 with additional tax of $199.55. Everything summed up to $1825.85. Also, a refundable service charge of $150 on checking in.

Any cheaper option in Phoenix with same facilities as Crossland?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Varvara: 6:39pm On Sep 15, 2014
MIHS ppl!

Right now I've paid 2888$ in MiHs. So if you had appointment already with financial and you are in the system , it's not a problem. The price the same. About website she told that contract is under revising and it will be load after 1 October. She told that price will be higher

She mentioned to me that there are a lot of Nigerian women come to sign that contract

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 6:39pm On Sep 15, 2014
mamajeff: We are blessed Phema and hope you are doing great too?
I am humbled by the outpour of love and brotherliness on this forum and I am happy God used me as a tool to contribute my quota. As for the proposed review of MIHS rates, I am certain the rates would be reasonable and if for any reason they become outrageous, if one road close, another one go open. I still have affordable rates from some hospitals in Phoenix too, we can begin to explore other options.
We are together on this by God's grace.

mamajeff: Your post brought tears to my eyes Hardeymijuh and I am happy MIHS family is growing on a daily basis.
This is vivianobas reporting live. I had to open another account since the former one refused to sign me in. Wishing you all God's blessings.

@vivianobas,

Really good to have you back on the trend, reading your messages brought back smiles and good memories ...the luvly times, the war times and the silent times...

Fabulousmum, Mrs Bee, nikkygal, papadebaby et al.....You have all been a source of blessing to this trend...cant wait to see this trend hit page 150 ...200...350...lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 15, 2014
Dammiecouture: . @madameU, U can try Ocotillo Village, 4221 E. McDowell Road 85008.very close to d hospital nd Weekly fee is $189.74 plus tax utilities included, u can also do month to month. That's where I am I paid total of $1640.37 for 8weeks + deposit.

Did you say the $1640.37 is all inclusive? What facilities does this have please? Free Wifi? Furnished Apartment? Kitchenette? Etc
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 15, 2014
Varvara: MIHS ppl!
About website she told that contract is under revising and it will be load after 1 October. She told that price will be higher

Did I just read that the price will be higher? Jesu Kristi! *puts hand on head* cry

Mamajeff (vivanobas), please come with the affordable hospital rates in Phoenix.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 15, 2014
@Oawele, can you help us confirm if this new rate will be applied to people that already booked an appointment with them?

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (402)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.