Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1381203 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by yabilalz: 8:27pm On Oct 14, 2014
Gigi240:

Hisgrace lodge
is it close to doctorsparti?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by yabilalz: 8:31pm On Oct 14, 2014
Asking again, anyone going California?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 9:17pm On Oct 14, 2014
Going to California o. Los Angeles to be precise
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 14, 2014
Elpaso mums aint you pipo going to california? Pls mihs mums what is airline policy in january mentioned in the last thread?
MamaTobenna:
Going to California o. Los Angeles to be precise
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dakotchic(f): 11:10pm On Oct 14, 2014
ocman:
Elpaso mums aint you pipo going to california? Pls mihs mums what is airline policy in january mentioned in the last thread?

Okay airline policy for twins and multiples- most airlines will not carry a woman pregnant with twins/multiples after 28weeks gestational age. Unlike women carrying singletons that can usually fly upto 32weeks and even 36weeks for some airlines. And no it's not something that has to do with January or any other month.
P.s -had my first appointment with Dr Oduro today and he was so fantastic(yes!that's why I logged on today on this page just to give a feedbackcheesy). Thanks to whoever discovered him kiss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Olhar: 11:31pm On Oct 14, 2014
@ dakotchic...
Good to hear this about dr oduro....will also be in Atl next week using gwinnett n will be staying at metro extended stay...we could hook up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ogonnan: 4:51am On Oct 15, 2014
dakotchic:

P.s -had my first appointment with Dr Oduro today and he was so fantastic(yes!that's why I logged on today on this page just to give a feedbackcheesy). Thanks to whoever discovered him kiss

hey, i was there today too... at about 12. yea the guy is cool... although "induction" too dey sweet am for mouth undecided.... see a lot of naija names on the list when i go there, but never quite manage to catch anyone. when are you due?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Gigi240: 5:39am On Oct 15, 2014
yabilalz:

is it close to doctorsparti?

I was told it is but you can use Google map to check for proximity. I'm more concerned about my comfort, that's why I chose them.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heart2heart(m): 6:38am On Oct 15, 2014
ok i hv sent u a pm. reply lets plan together. it would be much fun
sayoberry:

due in march, leaving by early january cos of airline policy and usual attitudes of twins arriving a month before they re due. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heart2heart(m): 6:40am On Oct 15, 2014
i have sent you a pm pattyrel. lets hook. travelling same time too
pattyreal:

Sayoberry welkom bck 2 MIHS.. also due in march. Will send u a pm let's hook up. Bt i'll like to leave by 1st week of feb or d last day of january
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 8:41am On Oct 15, 2014
Heart2heart:
i have sent you a pm pattyrel. lets hook. travelling same time too

Why you no PM me too. I'm angry tongue. I woukd be leaving mid Jan but haven't decided on MIHS or Houston.

Please mamas and dadas let's start pray over our babies (if you haven't begun) and decide their destinies now.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 9:33am On Oct 15, 2014
Kween2014:
@ Beebee and folusho, I will also be travelling early October to Houston. Using whmc and Dr La, would also wanna hook up. Maybe we can form a bbm group or something. Just thinking.

Hi queen,

Please i will appreciate it if you can provide any information for accomodation in the houston area. I intend using WHMC. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kykes: 9:36am On Oct 15, 2014
ocman:

BA is 32 weeks max for multiples http://www.britishairways.com/travel/healthplan/public/en_gb
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 9:40am On Oct 15, 2014
bloggerina:

Hello, first I just want to say that this is a wonderful thread, lots of useful info. Its a pity I found out about this thread AFTER I had my baby in the US earlier this year. lol
Anyways, I just want to provide helpful info for the person who asked about another doctor in West Houston Medical Centre. I had my Son there in Feb this year, my doctor was Dr Jeanie Huynh. Fantastic doctor! A friend's sis-in-law had used her before so I went to her and I must say, i'm glad I did. She also did my son's circumcision and it was fantastic. I had emailed the doc's office and also faxed my medical report in advance. They didnt accept payment in advance anyway, had to pay everyth when I got there. So here's what I spent a few months ago:

Dr Huynh's Fee - $2,000
Additional OBtests @ Doc's office - $270 (please do as many of the tests as you can do in Naija)
Circumcision - $255
Hospital Fee - $4,000 (I ended up having a C-Section coz I developed PIH when I arrived in the US)
Epidural - $1,200
Paediatrician - $93 (Dr Huynh's office suggested a paediatrician to me that also gives discount to Dr Huynh's patients so this was quite cheap. Otherwise I would have spent $800 if I had used WHMC's Paed).

. I understand that having a baby in the US can be daunting, esp if you havent done it before so it pays to have people assitst with first-hand info, questions, clarifications etc. Am available to help sha.
I wish everyone a success in this quest and all the blessings of parenthood!!! May our investments in our children's future by having them in the US be fruitful in Jesus Name!

please can you help me with accomodation info. i intend using Dr Huynh.thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 9:44am On Oct 15, 2014
Santa2:

Here is ROUGH SKETCH of some of the info I have been able to gather from this forum on Houston over time (these come from different NLders experiences btw I place emphasis on rough smiley). :

http://westhoustonmedical.com/
Hello, this quotation of $3,340 from Dr. La does not include the hospital fee (WHMC), it is the doctor's fee only. The hospital fee is $2,500 for self pay patients (normal delivery) and $4,000 for C-section. Hope this helps.
Dr la is the most expensive dr in whmc. Go to their website and contact other doctors with admission privileges at the hospital. The others average $2,000 to $2,500 for what dr la charges $4,000

There are other hospitals/ drs in Houston you can also consider like oakbend, Methodist, etc

For those coming to Houston, I registered with Methodist Hospital. Their hospital bill is $2538 for womanly delivery and $3780 for CS. Epidural is an additional $1500 which is optional. And I chose Dr. Le whose bill is $1500 for delivery and prenatal visits which include ultrasound scans and prenatal vitamins. The only thing not included in this package is tests which are not compulsory esp if you have done them in Nigeria. This is a fair deal & my first visit yesterday was gd. Don't 4get to come with your medical

Methodist Hospital Sugar Land. I was told I will do only one test, it'll cost $10 and it's compulsory cos I wanna hve a womanly delivery & they need to b sure I don't hve any infection dat can affect d baby during birth. All my test results from my hospital in Naija was accepted. The Dr's name is Dr. Duc Le. He accepts patients till 36weeks.

Methodist Katy
Hospital -3,100 if paid before the end of the 8th month of pregnancy. Apparently this covered pediatrician while at the hospital

Dr Zimmerman - $1,400 (we hear it's now $1,600)

Total test done - $70

Ultrasound - $150

Pathology- $204, however received a 40 percent discount

Total amount spent was under $5k

Birth Center
jaymee Boughton 2813890810,u can mail her on inbloom midwifery services. $3000

Houston North West Medical Centre and Dr C. Gregory Smith before? I learnt fee for normal delivery without epidural is $5k and need to confirm this.

We got a Dr affiliated to Wst Houston Medical Center for $2,200 and hospital payment is also $2,200,

otation (1,600 USD) I got from the OBGYN (Dr. Geoffrey Andrews Zimmerman). That's all inclusive for normal child birth. IF you will be going through a C-section, he charges 2,100 USD. His address and contact are 2222 Greenhouse Road. Suite 300. Houston TX 77084. Tel: 281-398-8484. Note that they close 12.30 pm on Fridays and I think same on Wednesdays. They usually work between 08.30 am and 5.30 pm so you can schedule your calls. I think the best time to call is around 3 pm Niger

N.B: my advise would be that you contact these hospitals personally

Please can you provide any info on accomodation in the houston area. I intend using WHMC. THANKS

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 9:50am On Oct 15, 2014
Santa2:

Here is ROUGH SKETCH of some of the info I have been able to gather from this forum on Houston over time (these come from different NLders experiences btw I place emphasis on rough smiley). :

http://westhoustonmedical.com/
Hello, this quotation of $3,340 from Dr. La does not include the hospital fee (WHMC), it is the doctor's fee only. The hospital fee is $2,500 for self pay patients (normal delivery) and $4,000 for C-section. Hope this helps.
Dr la is the most expensive dr in whmc. Go to their website and contact other doctors with admission privileges at the hospital. The others average $2,000 to $2,500 for what dr la charges $4,000

There are other hospitals/ drs in Houston you can also consider like oakbend, Methodist, etc

For those coming to Houston, I registered with Methodist Hospital. Their hospital bill is $2538 for womanly delivery and $3780 for CS. Epidural is an additional $1500 which is optional. And I chose Dr. Le whose bill is $1500 for delivery and prenatal visits which include ultrasound scans and prenatal vitamins. The only thing not included in this package is tests which are not compulsory esp if you have done them in Nigeria. This is a fair deal & my first visit yesterday was gd. Don't 4get to come with your medical

Methodist Hospital Sugar Land. I was told I will do only one test, it'll cost $10 and it's compulsory cos I wanna hve a womanly delivery & they need to b sure I don't hve any infection dat can affect d baby during birth. All my test results from my hospital in Naija was accepted. The Dr's name is Dr. Duc Le. He accepts patients till 36weeks.

Methodist Katy
Hospital -3,100 if paid before the end of the 8th month of pregnancy. Apparently this covered pediatrician while at the hospital

Dr Zimmerman - $1,400 (we hear it's now $1,600)

Total test done - $70

Ultrasound - $150

Pathology- $204, however received a 40 percent discount

Total amount spent was under $5k

Birth Center
jaymee Boughton 2813890810,u can mail her on inbloom midwifery services. $3000

Houston North West Medical Centre and Dr C. Gregory Smith before? I learnt fee for normal delivery without epidural is $5k and need to confirm this.

We got a Dr affiliated to Wst Houston Medical Center for $2,200 and hospital payment is also $2,200,

otation (1,600 USD) I got from the OBGYN (Dr. Geoffrey Andrews Zimmerman). That's all inclusive for normal child birth. IF you will be going through a C-section, he charges 2,100 USD. His address and contact are 2222 Greenhouse Road. Suite 300. Houston TX 77084. Tel: 281-398-8484. Note that they close 12.30 pm on Fridays and I think same on Wednesdays. They usually work between 08.30 am and 5.30 pm so you can schedule your calls. I think the best time to call is around 3 pm Niger

N.B: my advise would be that you contact these hospitals personally

SANTA any info on accomodation in houston areas.thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 9:54am On Oct 15, 2014
raii:

Why you no PM me too. I'm angry tongue. I woukd be leaving mid Jan but haven't decided on MIHS or Houston.

Please mamas and dadas let's start pray over our babies (if you haven't begun) and decide their destinies now.

Oya i've sent a pm 2 u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 9:56am On Oct 15, 2014
oluloveme:

try Miramar apartments,

i hope this helps....

Please can you give any info for accomodation in sugarland.Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 9:59am On Oct 15, 2014
oluloveme:

I stayed at miramar apartments, got my furniture from CORT all was fine.....it all depends on your budget.

Please what was it like at miramar. what are the cost implications also? did the apartment have a stove and oven?pls help me with details. thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 10:06am On Oct 15, 2014
kykes:

No info o! Just come with me to sugarland. wink
hi kyes pls i will come with you to sugarland.lol.

Do you have any info on accomodation. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 10:07am On Oct 15, 2014
Shawbabe:

pls fwd to me at indecentone@gmail.com

thanks

pls can you forward to eseoboh@yahoo.com.thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 10:09am On Oct 15, 2014
Airpure:

My Dear its like u n i will be friends from now on ohh. lol.

i think i rather use united for 231k pls wats d no to call

n the bill for Methodist u stated earlier is it all inclusive.

from where m staying to methodist sugarland is 14mins

Distance to St Joseph is 25mins

so m still weighing my options

Pls can you provide some info on your accomodation. I am likely going to use methodist or whmc. thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Pricelessamzy: 10:43am On Oct 15, 2014
Good morning everyone!

It seem none is going to Indianapolis on this forum! Can't seem to find any hospital. And my cousin that stays in Indianapolis is telling me about $10k for normal delivery and $15k for CS! Would appreciate if anyone can help out.

Also please be kind with your response am very grateful for every information gotten.

Can anyone tell me how you send private messages to anyone on the forum. Thanks all.

God bless you and your babies!!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 11:29am On Oct 15, 2014
My wife experienced Hisgrace lodge for one week. I would have loved her to stay there if no because my friend and the wife insisted she come stay with them. Sade picked her from the airport. Then took her out for shopping and then hospital on her first appointment.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 11:45am On Oct 15, 2014
Hello Mamas already in El Paso,

Between Hisgrace lodge and inTown Suites? Which one is the coziest?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Santa2: 12:52pm On Oct 15, 2014
OMary83:
@Nikkyhawts and Shagaman,my friend just got a hospital in New York at 3,800usd for mum and 2,100usd for baby.she is due end of dis month,will call her l8r today for d hospital details.Pls I need affordable hospital in Kentucky ooooo

@Omary83..anyluck with this hospital details in new York?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 1:20pm On Oct 15, 2014
Pricelessamzy:
Good morning everyone!

It seem none is going to Indianapolis on this forum! Can't seem to find any hospital. And my cousin that stays in Indianapolis is telling me about $10k for normal delivery and $15k for CS! Would appreciate if anyone can help out.

Also please be kind with your response am very grateful for every information gotten.

Can anyone tell me how you send private messages to anyone on the forum. Thanks all.

God bless you and your babies!!!!

Click on the person's username. You will see email. The email is an automated one. When the person replies you can carry on from there.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 15, 2014
PHEMA AND CO PLS HELP: SOMEONE help. after filling the DS 160 form, i didnt see where to click to upload passport photograph. they said bring one copy on day of interview. do we submit the form like that? reply pls. am on it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shagaman: 1:41pm On Oct 15, 2014
@OMary83

Thanks so much,please update us oooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 15, 2014
[size=5pt]HELP! HELP!! PHEMA AND CO PLS HELP: SOMEONE help. after filling the DS 160 form, i didnt see where to click to upload passport photograph. they said bring one copy on day of interview. do we submit the form like that? reply pls. am on it[/size]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 15, 2014
^^^^^Submit and take your passport with you to the interview.

Can you reduce the font size now? Thank you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.