Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1380356 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 2:11pm On Nov 15, 2014
Hmm congratulations

Well my wife, MIL & were denied renewal of our B1/B2 visa on thursday, the VO's first and main grouse was dat the hospital bill of $8,645 was too low for birthing, second was dat we cldnt fund d expenses (we av saved N3.4m).

We av however applied again, dis time around without my MIL, interview date is dec. 2nd, wonder wat more we can do?

Comments welcomed

Thanks n God bless
MerryMom:
Thanks people. I just woke up after a long day. It's still 3am ish here so my sleep clock never set.

Any ways, here's all that happened.

So people, if you are coming through ATL. I wish you the very best smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 2:51pm On Nov 15, 2014
mamacajah:
Praise the Lord with me and welcome my lovely daughter to our world. She arrived by 1.35am Georgia time by normal delivery. Mom and baby doing great.

Congrats dearie. May God protect her always
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 2:56pm On Nov 15, 2014
MerryMom:
Lol @bloggerina. That groundnut is very important. If you see the way we packed them, you go think say na commercial quantity. Lol

@Genomi, thanks. They just wanted to be sure they are letting upright people into their country. I don't blame them. Na only my rice pain me pass cos I no know where to get Naija rice now. Lol.

For now, I'm chilling for Baby to show up. May God reward us with good news everyday.
Congratulations sweet kiss so happy for your successful entry. Wishing you a safe delivery.

Pls I would like to know if you eventually settled for doctoresparratti.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 3:07pm On Nov 15, 2014
[quote author=bj2012golf post=28038835]Hmm congratulations

Well my wife, MIL & were denied renewal of our B1/B2 visa on thursday, the VO's first and main grouse was dat the hospital bill of $8,645 was too low for birthing, second was dat we cldnt fund d expenses (we av saved N3.4m).

What! Hosp bill of $8,645 is low! Haba dere is God oooo. We no b dem Kim K ooooo. Ma dear just pray u'll get a favourable VO dats all. Was dis done in Lagos or Abuja? & @ wat time of d day. Mayb d VO was tired. SMH....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by moniyet: 4:07pm On Nov 15, 2014
Congrats mamacajah, may God bless our princess for us.
Congrats Merrymom on ur successful entry, we await ur safe delivery news too
Meanwhile, more POE experiences pls for dose of us that are counting down
Where's phema o, thot she wlda traveled by now. Abi na d groundnut sweet reach like that wey no gree am talk....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 5:42pm On Nov 15, 2014
@IyawoToBe, yes. I used the Doctores Para Ti letter.

Rodolf revised it, gave me a Dr. and signed it. So it's no longer a vague letter.

Make sure you get all that cos they will read it all at POE.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 8:04pm On Nov 15, 2014
MerryMom:
@IyawoToBe, yes. I used the Doctores Para Ti letter.

Rodolf revised it, gave me a Dr. and signed it. So it's no longer a vague letter.

Make sure you get all that cos they will read it all at POE.
Rodolf? I don't get. Who is Rodolf? Is it the hospital? Are you actually using doctoresparrati or you only used their letter for poe?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 8:08pm On Nov 15, 2014
@Bloggerina: Why you dey beg when you dey give me vital advice. I guess people must have done something wrong to you when you tried giving a piece of advice. I don hear your advice. i am flying United Airline back home. Madam will come later on BA

thanks very much.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 8:48pm On Nov 15, 2014
@IyawoToBe, I used their letter and will be using their hospital as well. The hospital is Del So Medical centre.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 8:50pm On Nov 15, 2014
bj2012golf:
Hmm congratulations

We av however applied again, dis time around without my MIL, interview date is dec. 2nd, wonder wat more we can do?

Comments welcomed

Thanks n God bless

hello bj2012golf,

Was also denied a while back with no clear reason like yours though.Did you have the hospital and docs fee breakdown as mailed to you to show as evidence that the said money is sufficient?
Also what was the basis for the VO concluding that you could not fund your trip, was it on the basis of the hospital bill of $8,645 plus other expenses such as flight cost versus your bank balance OR was it based on his/her assumption that birthing costs more that you budgeted, lets say an outrageous $20K and he/she believed that your bank statement could not fund it

Finally was your total budget very close to your bank balance as the VO also want to see you have a reasonable cushion after your travelling expenses
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by AyaSho(f): 9:10pm On Nov 15, 2014
Hello house, please does anyone have any information on St Joseph Medical Centre, University of Maryland, Baltimore Maryland.
Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Naniakay: 9:26pm On Nov 15, 2014
MerryMom:
Thanks people. I just woke up after a long day. It's still 3am ish here so my sleep clock never set.

Any ways, here's all that happened.

So people, if you are coming through ATL. I wish you the very best smiley

Congrats, MerryMom. These guys at the POEs are not smiling at all. Our God has gone ahead of them. They have no choice. We must come back testifying. There shall be no loss at all. Some of there questions are so irrelevant! God abeg o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 9:26pm On Nov 15, 2014
@princeadeade

Thank you for taking time out to analyse my earlier post, b4 replying u I went thru ur interview you posted in october and it was exactly a cabon copy of wat we went thru, our interviewer is the African-American lady b4 d VO who interviewed you.

Our VO typed "forever" and kept looking at the paper containing a schedule beside her and typed like her life depended on it!

We gave her the doctor's letter which contained acknowledgement of our deposit and all the letters from the hospital showing the breakdown of fees. She took her time to read all dis line by line as tho she was studying for an exam!

We did not, however, have a spreadsheet containing all expenses sha (dat I will do now! To include flight cost etc) she just guessed we cldnt afford, moreso wth my MIL also included in our application.

I'm thinking to convert abt $10k n deposit in my dom account and take along for the next interview together with a more detailed breakdown of expenses down to d minutest detail.

PrinceAdeAde:

hello bj2012golf,

Was also denied a while back with no clear reason like yours though.Did you have the hospital and docs fee breakdown as mailed to you to show as evidence that the said money is sufficient?
Also what was the basis for the VO concluding that you could not fund your trip, was it on the basis of the hospital bill of $8,645 plus other expenses such as flight cost versus your bank balance OR was it based on his/her assumption that birthing costs more that you budgeted, lets say an outrageous $20K and he/she believed that your bank statement could not fund it

Finally was your total budget very close to your bank balance as the VO also want to see you have a reasonable cushion after your travelling expenses
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 9:53pm On Nov 15, 2014
@bj2012golf,

From my own interview,what triggered the VO looking at the wall was when i and my wife was asked about our monthly income so i believe they have a sort of analysis sheet that grades you based on monthly income. From what i gathered online,based on searches about what to put in the monthly income field and from my friend staying in the US, i was advised to take my gross earnings and divide by 12. that i did not do as i just put my net monthly income which is minus some quarterly payments ,pensions,tax deduction and be bee looo. I saw this advice on some american embassy sites for india,mexico but naija own was not that specific so i think my VO took my income as gross monthly and applied an estimate of further expected deductions on it and determined that was not sufficient to fund a US trip even without asking for a bank statement so that is something i am correcting on the next application

Also, i strongly believed that the VO saw little or no ties to home country as na my whole family dey apply so my wife is applying alone next time to so such ties. All the deductions by VO was based on the form DS160 information as she did not ask for any evidences

I hope this analysis can help you during your next interview.Sent you a PM.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 10:02pm On Nov 15, 2014
@Princeadeade

Noted d corrections.

We went for renewal of our visas actually, and we traveled to Texas as recent as May dis year ordinarily we ought to do drop box but we just decided to apply for B2 for my wife to show we av nuthg to hide as per d birthing

As for the income stuff we also quoted my monthly which does not take into account several other allowances which comes at certain intervals
PrinceAdeAde:
@bj2012golf,

From my own interview,what triggered the VO looking at the wall was when i and my wife was asked about our monthly income so i believe they have a sort of analysis sheet that grades you based on monthly income. From what i gathered online,based on searches about what to put in the monthly income field and from my friend staying in the US, i was advised to take my gross earnings and divide by 12. that i did not do as i just put my net monthly income which is minus some quarterly payments ,pensions,tax deduction and be bee looo. I saw this advice on some american embassy sites for india,mexico but naija own was not that specific so i think my VO took my income as gross monthly and applied an estimate of further expected deductions on it and determined that was not sufficient to fund a US trip even without asking for a bank statement so that is something i am correcting on the next application

Also, i strongly believed that the VO saw little or no ties to home country as na my whole family dey apply so my wife is applying alone next time to so such ties. All the deductions by VO was based on the form DS160 information as she did not ask for any evidences

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 10:09pm On Nov 15, 2014
@Princeadeade

As per d PM, I don't know hw it operates, can't sign into d email addy attaced to dis NL profile.

PrinceAdeAde:
@bj2012golf,

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 10:25pm On Nov 15, 2014
@bj2012golf,

Check the email address you used to create your nairaland profile. You should see an email from narialand saying I requested to contact you.check your junks/spam folders in case you do not see it in your inbox

I am not too sure i understand you by the statement " can't sign into d email addy attached to dis NL profile". if you means that you created your nairaland profile using a yahoo email account and you cannot sign into the yahoo account, then i would advise you update your narialand profile to a functional email address you still have access

I would also advise you contact the embassy to advice you if your wife can proceed with renewal with drop box(logically, you would need to re-apply since she is requesting for a separate visa type but all these process have exceptions so as to make them less cumbersome and rigid) and if they decline that, then let your wife alone re-apply for the B2 visa. for yours, i think you should just renew with dropbox. this may make it easier to present your wife's application for a B2 visa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MrsDan: 3:18am On Nov 16, 2014
Hello everyone, just want to share my bit.
Immigration.....hey, where in the USA are you going?
Me....Atlanta
Immigration.....been there before?
Me....No
Immigration....how long are you staying?
Me....41 days
Immigration....any cash?
Me....Yes, $4000 and abit on my mastercard
Immigration....haveve a pleasant trip.
Me....thank you!
He stamped me in till feb 2015.
I flew into Philly, then to Atlanta.
Thanks be to God.
I had a letter from my hospital and private doctor and even took my hospital chat with me just in case. Nobody metioned anything about the pregnancy and my tummy is huge I must say.
I pray that anyone coming will have a smooth entry too. Thank you.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 4:15am On Nov 16, 2014
lizcom25:
@Damsell: I hear you. The number they gave me is not going. You may try it too CHIKA 14043964007. He is in Atlanta. but i don buy luggages ready to pay excess luggage now
Thanks, will try to call them. Congrats mama cajah on the birth of your child, the rest of us will post similar successful birth stories by His grace. Thanks for the info too @ bloggerina on the excess luggage charge on BA. Pls wld u know anything about the united airlines charges on excess luggage n traveling with an infant especially the local arm of the flight cos I'll be returning with United and though I've checked their website and know the luggage allowance, I don't know if it also extends to their local flights as per my Elpaso to Houston leg of the flight. @ merry mom, congrats on ur safe arrival. Sorry bout ur rice ehn but I guess u can buy like uncle bens long grain rice from Walmart, that's what I've been using n so far it's been working like our NAija rice for me, I even used it to cook one palm oil rice like that n it came out fine(lol...tmi I know).you can also plan to attend the next prenatal class at del sol. I think it's 22nov, especially as ure a first time mom.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babatwi: 5:55am On Nov 16, 2014
My pregnant unmarried friend wants to give birth in the us. She already has a visa. Was wondering if there is anything diffrent a single mother should know or take account that is diffrent from what a married woman should. Because most people on this site are married.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Naniakay: 6:51am On Nov 16, 2014
MrsDan:
Hello everyone, just want to share my bit.
Immigration.....hey, where in the USA are you going?
Me....Atlanta
Immigration.....been there before?
Me....No
Immigration....how long are you staying?
Me....41 days
Immigration....any cash?
Me....Yes, $4000 and abit on my mastercard
Immigration....haveve a pleasant trip.
Me....thank you!
He stamped me in till feb 2015.
I flew into Philly, then to Atlanta.
Thanks be to God.
I had a letter from my hospital and private doctor and even took my hospital chat with me just in case. Nobody metioned anything about the pregnancy and my tummy is huge I must say.
I pray that anyone coming will have a smooth entry too. Thank you.

@MrsDan, this is a miracle. Congratulations dear. I'm getting relieved with these success stories. People, let's stay focused and leave d rest in God's hands. He will do it for all of us. No more deportation!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 9:54am On Nov 16, 2014
[quote author=bloggerina post=28020534]How are you mama, and how's the family? Warm regards to all...

Am good. Family is ok. How is ur family too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 10:05am On Nov 16, 2014
feddy27:
@malory84, please don't be quick at concluding that I didn't read thru ur post. You did dropbox wen u were not preggy and declared vacation thereafta u sent dem a mail tellin dem ur intention to birth ur child

It will be nice to understand pple and be polite in your response.

Hello faddy.
Am nt sure if u can submit extra documents if u re using draw box, DHL won't even collect from u bt u can send them an email after ur renewal. I used draw box and I intend sending an email to them soon although I was nt pregnant when I renewed our visas. Bt if it is conscience issue, then u can send them a mail that u wish to renew ur visa for birthing purpose b4 sending ur application in.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by baslone: 11:10am On Nov 16, 2014
GenoMI:
So why don't you want to consider Gwinnett? It's much cheaper...

I am looking at Gwinnett too

Seems the cost have changed- 2 Days Incur Charges From $8,000 To $10,000 for norm delivery- 40% discount Uninsured Patients.

Dr Soyoola too- $2,849.00 but me a discount of 300 at the end of the day.

Anesthesia bill is separate and Circumcision is an additional 250.

I am going ahead with it though.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heliano(f): 11:23am On Nov 16, 2014
Pls any mum heading philly in Nov and Dec, abeg holla oo. It will sure end in PRAISE
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by babyspice: 11:35am On Nov 16, 2014
@ Justwise and other admins I think what would help this thread is a page dedicated to the following:
READ FIRST - Posting Guidelines
Anyone intending to post/ ask a question should read the Posting Guidelines of this particular thread:
The Basics

What is Netiquette?
There are NO stupid questions!
Referring members to another thread
Language usage on the thread
Policy on advertising and commercial information
Policy on the use/mis-use of the PM and email systems
Posting of personal data
Cautions
Reporting abusive/bullying behavior and/or communication
Arranging a meet-up with other thread members
Suspension/Banning/Infractions/Etc.

How to upset the administrators/moderators
Reporting posts/threads on the thread
Policy on censorship
Policy on infractions
Profile suspensions and bans
Who has final say on questions regarding the Posting Guidelines?
Admin Stuff

Just my two cents..culled from a very active, abuse free and successful forum i follow!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 12:05pm On Nov 16, 2014
baslone:

I am looking at Gwinnett too

Seems the cost have changed- 2 Days Incur Charges From $8,000 To $10,000 for norm delivery- 40% discount Uninsured Patients.

Dr Soyoola too- $2,849.00 but me a discount of 300 at the end of the day.

Anesthesia bill is separate and Circumcision is an additional 250.

I am going ahead with it though.

Also thinking of using Gwinnett.

Pls does anyone have information on accommodation close to Gwinnett Medical centre? It's in Lawrenceville I believe. I need a furnished accommodation close to the hospital pls for January. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks people!

Also for those with inside info on airline ticket deals, any cheap tickets for mid Jan to Atl plssss?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 12:10pm On Nov 16, 2014
babyspice:
@ Justwise and other admins I think what would help this thread is a page dedicated to the following:
READ FIRST - Posting Guidelines
Anyone intending to post/ ask a question should read the Posting Guidelines of this particular thread:
The Basics

What is Netiquette?
There are NO stupid questions!
Referring members to another thread
Language usage on the thread
Policy on advertising and commercial information
Policy on the use/mis-use of the PM and email systems
Posting of personal data
Cautions
Reporting abusive/bullying behavior and/or communication
Arranging a meet-up with other thread members
Suspension/Banning/Infractions/Etc.

How to upset the administrators/moderators
Reporting posts/threads on the thread
Policy on censorship
Policy on infractions
Profile suspensions and bans
Who has final say on questions regarding the Posting Guidelines?
Admin Stuff

Just my two cents..culled from a very active, abuse free and successful forum i follow!

Almost everything you listed above are part of rule already, people hardly follow rules.

Each time you clicked on quote or reply look up and you will see 21 rules listed already. Again too much rule will make the forum unfriendly

But I share your concerns.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by isysleek: 1:06pm On Nov 16, 2014
Hi Rable, still haven't heard from him.

rable:

Please let me know if u eventually got him, want to use d same hospital ve already communicated with them and was given a quote of 6500 for womanly del.thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 2:14pm On Nov 16, 2014
Pls if u hear of any Awoof ticket on British airways. Pls let a sister know o. Travelling first week in feb. Chilling for the price to drop. K hope say the thing no go double but if u hear make una halla a sister abeg

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.