Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,859 members, 7,828,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1382433 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heliano(f): 10:23pm On Nov 30, 2014
[quote author=cfcchick post=28482138]

Thanx for the info, I think we should be warned, someone even suggested going to pik mine (SSN) and I was happy, but tht would affect ur coming bak to the. Country God help. Us oo, I am @ philly boredom dey. Kill me die abeg mammas wey don come be4 how una dey take kill boredom, becoss e no easy for here, coupled with Cold
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 10:31pm On Nov 30, 2014
fairyprincess:
Lemme break it down a little for Ya.. My advice is open to THOSE WHO HAVE GREEDY RELATIVES n FRIENDS IN USA and to PREGGY MAMA WITH WISDOM THAT REALLY WANT TO SECURE THEIR UNBORN CHILDREN'S FUTURE (IN CAPITAL LETTERS).Enuf said am outta here. One Love.
Haba,calm down now. You've given a good insight that might not have crossed people's mind. Because most peoples just birth, collect blue P and leave the USA no thought is given to the SSN. We gat your back,more of such insights. wink

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fruitfull1: 10:33pm On Nov 30, 2014
@fairyprincess thank you for sharing this info. I wanted to have my last baby in us but was refused visa. Before I went to the embassy two of my friends were arguing on who will use my son's SSN to file for tax. I didn't see it as anything. Now I know better. This time around an correct guiding I go give the numbers. Thanks sis.

Still looking for April mama to do the Houston waka together o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by weaseloo: 10:50pm On Nov 30, 2014
Justwise, why are you hiding my posts

As I said before, any Jan/Feb Houston bound mamas that would like to hook up can PM me.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jyde2014: 11:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
[quote author=Heliano post=28484474][/quote]
@Heliano
Hello, it could be boring out there. Don't u av family nd friends around?
How far with ur hospital experience so far.also any update as regards getting discounts from Delaware hospital.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Nov 30, 2014
cfcchick:

There is nothing in her statement that shows she's not thankful or hash, she's stating d obvious...just because u accommodate someone does not mean u shud take advantage of them that's greed! Period

[quote author=Tvegas post=28484676] Haba,calm down now. You've given a good insight that might not have crossed people's mind. Because most peoples just birth, collect blue P and leave the USA no thought is given to the SSN. We gat your back,more of such insights.

[quote author=fruitfull1 post=28484733]@fairyprincess thank you for sharing this info. I wanted to have my last baby in us but was refused visa. Before I went to the embassy two of my friends were arguing on who will use my son's SSN to file for tax.

Thanks for Having My back..

The private mail box was the advice handed over by My elder Sister who's Bank account was ripped off barely 2 weeks of Her stay in Philly for delivery 2 years ago by the family She stayed with (it was discovered upon investigation).. She was left with no choice than to get an accomadation and Her private box.

Hmmnnnn... Yankee 'nytin goes... undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 11:50pm On Nov 30, 2014
Francutok:

........haba. Greedy relatives and friends and they still,accommodated you. C'mon, that's pretty harsh no matter what. It takes alot to accommodate you,I hope u knw that. Just the bills from your stay is enough help. From,your statement, its no wonder why some people never allow a second visit from preggy relatives. Be thankful atleast

I'll call dat greed in d highest order! Hw much bill did d person accrue on ma head dat I will allow him/her 2 accrue bill on an innocent child instead he shuld tell mi hw much he'll rent his space 4 mi! Abegiiii. We in naija someone will nt even tell u he's comn & we'll b willing 2 accommodate no matter hw inconvenient it is 4 us, pick am frm airport, feed am! Well i've nvr been of d opinion 2 stay with friend or family as Tvegas said 2 avoid unnecessary drama! Thanx 4 dat info my dear... God bless u real gud

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zeezahbee(f): 5:36am On Dec 01, 2014
isysleek:
@bloggerina!! Finally I get to hear from you. Pls do you know of accommodation(very affordable one o) very close to whmc? I would most likely be needing it. And how did u go abt BC,passport and visa for your baby?

Anyone who knws of affordable accommodation near whmc should holla as well.

when are you arriving ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fadekx(f): 9:07am On Dec 01, 2014
Good morning all, I've being following this thread for a while and it has really been really helpful. Thanks to everyone that has contributed in one way or the other.
I intend using Dr Fagbohun and would like to know if it's his practice address I shd use for my contact or that of oak bend also for the address of where to stay is it okay to use intown suites?
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 9:25am On Dec 01, 2014
fadekx:

I intend using Dr Fagbohun and would like to know if it's his practice address I shd use for my contact or that of oak bend also for the address of where to stay is it okay to use intown suites? Thanks

What do you need the contact for? If it's for your visa interview fill in his clinic details. If it's on your landing card then fill in your accommodation details. On a side note; This man is making some serious money o. All the houston residents that my wife has met know him and they feel he should leave the practice for others as he has made enough money already! I hope his service won't drop at some point sha! grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fadekx(f): 9:30am On Dec 01, 2014
Thanks @Tvegas, it's for visa application. So do you mean I fill his clinic details for both my contact in d us and where to stay?
Tvegas:

What do you need the contact for? If it's for your visa interview fill in his clinic details. If it's on your landing card then fill in your accommodation details. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by utcheylee: 9:54am On Dec 01, 2014
Good morning my people all document ready for interview but abeg any one know any hospital in Michigan or Connecticut make them give me detais ohhh na dere my hubby get pple I don't know where to start from.

thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 10:00am On Dec 01, 2014
fadekx:
Thanks @Tvegas, it's for visa application. So do you mean I fill his clinic details for both my contact in d us and where to stay?

Fill his clinic details as organisation contact . You can fill Intown or crossland in Houston as where to stay
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fadekx(f): 10:18am On Dec 01, 2014
Thanks a million @ Tvegas.
Tvegas:

Fill his clinic details as organisation contact . You can fill Intown or crossland in Houston as where to stay
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by utcheylee: 11:24am On Dec 01, 2014
biko uuuohhhh I still dey wait for the gurus in the house to help a sister out any hospital for Michigan or Connecticut all info needed abeg naaaa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Saved2Serve: 11:50am On Dec 01, 2014
Oakwood Hospital - Dearborn for Michigan. then Greenwich Hospital (connecticut).
utcheylee:
biko uuuohhhh I still dey wait for the gurus in the house to help a sister out any hospital for Michigan or Connecticut all info needed abeg naaaa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by KayLayChi: 1:03pm On Dec 01, 2014
donbusky:

If you are travelling in July 2015, it is too early to book then, in my opinion. The sweet spot for best travel prices from personal experience and some limited online research is typically (a) 5 - 8 weeks before travel, and (b) choosing travel days of Tuesday - Thursday.

Cheers.

I thought the high price was because it will be summer then. I also chose Wednesday and Thursday as my travel dates and it was still high.

Also maybe its a little too early since July is in 7 months, but when do you think is the best time for me to book my Flight for July. I have to travel latest by first week of July and I plan to use either BA or Delta.

Please help a sister out with promos as you hear. God bless you all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by KayLayChi: 1:05pm On Dec 01, 2014
@MamaTobenna & dkbb, I haven't see your mails oh. Maybe you should re-initiate the mails from your end.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 1:20pm On Dec 01, 2014
[quote author=KayLayChi post=28498497]

I thought the high price was because it will be summer then. I also chose Wednesday and Thursday as my travel dates and it was still high.

Also maybe its a little too early since July is in 7 months, but when do you think is the best time for me to book my Flight for July. I have to travel latest by first week of July and I plan to use either BA or Delta.

Well i'll advise u chill till feb. Flights r definitely cheaper. Just b like a rat on d internet everyday holding ur bank card. If u c any from 280k and less it's a very gud buy. Just pay b4 u blink ur eye.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 1:29pm On Dec 01, 2014
Hi @anonymousmum, please I sent you a PM. Kindly check your inbox. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by utcheylee: 1:30pm On Dec 01, 2014
@Saved2serve abeg do you have the bills for vagina birth of oakwood hospital and Greenwich hospital or if you no the page I go check to get info I wont mind.

thank you once again for your update.
abeg anybody fit help too ohhhh
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heliano(f): 1:35pm On Dec 01, 2014
[quote author=jyde2014 post=28486258]
@Heliano
No Family just friends who work like crazy, but I rented an apartment have a nice Landlady but she be nurse as for the hospital I will give you feedback, becos the rule here is if u are coming from Ebola country u go stay 21days before you show for hospital so my first visit will be on Tuesday and I will give u feedbak when I return.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Omodaraju: 2:30pm On Dec 01, 2014
I just want to chip in a bit of information to help people who will be having their babies in Houston.

- Concerning Nigerian Visa for baby.

Note; You do not need to pay any agent for your baby's Visa as I got mine within 2 days via USPS - US Posting Service

Please check the Nigerian Consulate - Atlanta website and follow the steps exactly as they are stated and provide all the required documents for processing. Having filled all necessary forms and made payment of the application fee - please print payment confirmation

Do not forget also to buy money order (I used a bank inside walmart) for the processing/ admin fees as stated

Package the completed forms, money-order, baby and parents documents, passports, don't forget consent letters etc.

Go to the nearest USPS Station with the package.

Pay for Priority Mail Express Overnight delivery - Two way so your response comes back to your address of choice (One self addressed envelope will be put in the package for this).

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Saved2Serve: 2:33pm On Dec 01, 2014
please is this only for houston preggies? how about other states?
Omodaraju:
I just want to chip in a bit of information to help people who will be having their babies in Houston.

Note; You do not need to pay any agent for your baby's Visa as I got mine within 2 days via USPS - US Posting Service

Please check the Nigerian Consulate - Atlanta website and follow the steps exactly as they are stated and provide all the required documents for processing. Having filled all necessary forms and made payment of the application fee - please print payment confirmation

Do not forget also to buy money order (I used a bank inside walmart) for the processing/ admin fees as stated

Package the completed forms, money-order, baby and parents documents, passports, don't forget consent letters etc.

Pay for Priority Mail Express Overnight delivery - Two way so your response comes back to your address of choice (One self addressed envelope will be put in the package for this).

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Omodaraju: 2:38pm On Dec 01, 2014
Also for Dallas POE -

Be very careful and detailed in packaging your supporting documents for your birthing Adventure. My husband, son and I had an interesting experience over there in June this year with a racist white immigration officer.

Thanks to my dedication to this thread since October last year, i had an entire envelope for supporting documents and adequate cash as recommended by this forum.

After 15 mins of delay over there at DFW (secondary inspection after we had all been stamped in for 6 months at the first desk) - the white guy said "I can't believe they let them do this, just because they can afford it"

If you're going through dallas, still be detailed in your preparation.

Regards

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Omodaraju: 2:40pm On Dec 01, 2014
Saved2Serve:
please is this only for houston preggies? how about other states?

I believe this will apply in other states as well. We didnt even find out how it happens if you visit the consulate in person.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by yefa: 2:52pm On Dec 01, 2014
Omodaraju:

please what consent letters? A letter from husband/father?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Omodaraju: 2:58pm On Dec 01, 2014
yefa:

please what consent letters? A letter from husband/father?

When we applied initially with only my husband's consent letter - our application was returned with a sticky note on it requesting for mother's consent letter.

Then My husband and I wrote. Even though my friend insisted that it should have only been the father.

Trust me, that costed some extra dollars to resend.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by SisiOlu: 3:31pm On Dec 01, 2014
Hi guys,

Sadly, I was denied again today though i went with the famous burden of proof and fulfilled the 90 day window period.

I noted two important things: you must leave a window period of 90 days before re-applying after a refusal and it seems the VOs wanna see quotes that are above $6,000 as they believe hospitals charge far more than that.

To other people still trying to get visas, Goodluck and all the best. If u were previously denied based on section 214b, check out this link http://visarefusal.com/214b/ for preparation.

Please if you have any information on processing canadian visa, kindly holla

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Jomikish: 3:48pm On Dec 01, 2014
SisiOlu:

Hello Jomikish,

Was your interview in Lagos or Abuja?

Abuja
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 3:51pm On Dec 01, 2014
So sorry about the 2nd denial, hmm I read through that link ... Well it is what it is.

My wife and I were denied on 13th Nov, we are scheduled for another interview tomorrow, we disregarded the 90 day window ...

It shall be well regardless

*sigh*

SisiOlu:
Hi guys,

Sadly, I was denied again today though i went with the famous burden of proof and fulfilled the 90 day window period.

I noted two important things: you must leave a window period of 90 days before re-applying after a refusal and it seems the VOs wanna see quotes that are above $6,000 as they believe hospitals charge far more than that.

To other people still trying to get visas, Goodluck and all the best. If u were previously denied based on section 214b, check out this link http://visarefusal.com/214b/ for preparation.

Please if you have any information on processing canadian visa, kindly holla
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 4:00pm On Dec 01, 2014
SisiOlu:
Hi guys,

So Sorry for your denial SisiOlu,it is really well even in the well
Quick one though,Can you clarify what you mean that the VOs want to see quotes above $6,000 for hospitals? Is this hospitals bills only or plus the obyn/gyn fees included.Kindly clarify

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.