Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,626 members, 7,827,341 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1382358 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by 9jabiggurl: 5:14pm On Dec 03, 2014
supamom:
Please for those that have picked up visa, they say come with appointment letter with barcode, which letter are they referring to?

That is your dropbox letter where the barcode indicates your name, passport number etc....also go with copy of your int'l passport(hope you made a copy before submitting)....or any other ID - National ID card, drivers licence....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zayt: 5:41pm On Dec 03, 2014
Hello house,
Good news from my end. Had a baby boy Dec, 1st @ Gwinnet Medical Centre. Was a wonderful experience with Dr. Oduro and all the nurses. Patient care here is AMAZING!!! We thank God. Mum and baby are doing well. Just thought to let the house know.
Cheers

23 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by supamom: 5:50pm On Dec 03, 2014
9jabiggurl:

That is your dropbox letter where the barcode indicates your name, passport number etc....also go with copy of your int'l passport(hope you made a copy before submitting)....or any other ID - National ID card, drivers licence....

i didnt do dropbox. Had interview and was just going theough the pickup white paper i was given and it says come with appointment letter with barcode
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by supamom: 5:53pm On Dec 03, 2014
Omodaraju:

I used Emirates in june with my son and hubby to DFW via Dubai. It was 6-7 hours to Dubai, had a 19 hours sleepover - hotel room and eatover - breakfast, lunch and dinner ( arranged by Emirates called DUBAICONNECT).

Continued to Dallas DFW - 15 hours ONLY.
Then proceeded to Houston (since thread veterans had warned seriously about Houston POE)

Coming back, it cost me just about $70 dollars to re-route my flight to depart from Houston IAH. Visited Emirates office at Capital One Bank building to do that.

Flight to Dubai from Houston was quite full so we managed with a bassinet. Another 9 hours sleepover and dinner in Dubai.

However I and my baby had 2 seats for the Dubai - Lagos leg of the trip. The men around us were bounced because two of us had babies.

A bassinet was provided as well as i requested for it when i went to re-route my ticket. Baby fare is also about $60.

thanks for sharing. The itineries am seeing on their site is for 7hrs layover and they said they only book hotels wen its over 8hrs. Would have been great to rest in a hotel sha
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 6:00pm On Dec 03, 2014
Shawbabe:

Lol BA is like the worst airline that comes to naija. Tiny leg room, tasteless food and rude hostesses. Not to mention the 100 hrs layover in London. I wonder why Nigerians hype BA

LMAO! !! You ain't lying at small leg room, but I am a tiny person so I no get wahala for that one grin . I fly BA so them UK people would stamp my UK visa jare. Using 1 stone to kill 2 birds. The condition of their flights to/from Nigerian is like night and day compared to say to/from US. God dai sha..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 03, 2014
zayt:
Hello house,
Good news from my end. Had a baby boy Dec, 1st @ Gwinnet Medical Centre. Was a wonderful experience with Dr. Oduro and all the nurses. Patient care here is AMAZING!!! We thank God. Mum and baby are doing well. Just thought to let the house know.
Cheers

Congrats God bless, I hope you are out of the hospital? Pls don't stay more than 1 day. God bless the precious one
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bmay: 6:46pm On Dec 03, 2014
zayt:
Hello house,
Cheers

Congratulations momma! God bless and keep your lil prince...may he bring you and yours joy always!
Using Gwinnett too next year by God's grace, different doctor though, please let's know what the hospital bill is like when you have the time. Kisses to the LO...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Virtuousdiva: 6:50pm On Dec 03, 2014
kizluv:

LMAO! !! You ain't lying at small leg room, but I am a tiny person so I no get wahala for that one grin . I fly BA so them UK people would stamp my UK visa jare. Using 1 stone to kill 2 birds. The condition of their flights to/from Nigerian is like night and day compared to say to/from US. God dai sha..

Lol@tiny person....Your own better pass now.Truth be told, I no sure say person wey dey first class or business go get these complains ooowinkAirline reviews are just like that of hotels.The same place you stayed and had comfort might give someone else discomfort.Make we manage all these airlines as we see am oooo. we are only in the air for some hours as they say kiss

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MrsDan: 6:51pm On Dec 03, 2014
zayt:
Hello house,
Cheers

Congratulations! God be with you and the baby.
Kindly let us know what the total bill came too.
Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 7:01pm On Dec 03, 2014
supamom:

@pattyreal.
Please can you share their experience. Am seriously considering emirates.
And anyone else that have used them, pls share

Yea one said her stop over was just 4 an hour in dubai. Enough leg room esp wen dey c preggies. She's actually preg. Dis was xactly wat d 2nd preggy told mi
J
I rily enjoyed flyin wit Emirates.. Emirates is nw officially d best airline 4 me.. So comfortable, clean, and their professionalism is over d top.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 7:22pm On Dec 03, 2014
Hi All

So we have booked a 3rd interview appointment, venue is Abuja, date 31 Dec 2014

Nearest available date in lagos is 12 Jan 2015

To be continued ...

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by customised87: 7:28pm On Dec 03, 2014
supamom:

i didnt do dropbox. Had interview and was just going theough the pickup white paper i was given and it says come with appointment letter with barcode

They r referring to the appointment letter you got for ur interview at the embassy. The same one you used to enter the embassy that states your date and time of interview. M sure your barcode must be showing somewhere on the letter. Check it!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 7:32pm On Dec 03, 2014
zayt:
Hello house,
Cheers

Congrats and I hope u and the little one are doing well. Pls how much was ur total bill breakdown?

I have heard Gwinnett rates are running up. So I'm trying to decide between Gwinnett and Northside Hospital.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fehinebony(f): 7:34pm On Dec 03, 2014
Shawbabe:

Lol BA is like the worst airline that comes to naija. Tiny leg room, tasteless food and rude hostesses. Not to mention the 100 hrs layover in London. I wonder why Nigerians hype BA

I seriously agree with you,ba is a glorified Molue, I flew it for the first time 3wks ago on landing I called my hubby, and told him how horrible the flight was, no leg room, and food was horrible, i had to stay a few days in London b4 connecting to Baltimore,I wonder the hype about the airline, it ll definitely be my last.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 7:36pm On Dec 03, 2014
bmay:

Congratulations momma! God bless and keep your lil prince...may he bring you and yours joy always!
Using Gwinnett too next year by God's grace, different doctor though, please let's know what the hospital bill is like when you have the time. Kisses to the LO...

Me too. Using them next year. Are u using any of the ObGyn group? What Dr?
Also how are handling accommodation? Pls help with any info u have. Already booked my ticket but no accommodation
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 03, 2014
Shawbabe:

Congrats and I hope u and the little one are doing well. Pls how much was ur total bill breakdown?

I have heard Gwinnett rates are running up. So I'm trying to decide between Gwinnett and Northside Hospital.

I will advise u to use northside o, I used gwinnett in September but the bill was not smiling at all not straight forward at all, we negotiated for more than 1 week but it didn't work, until we got to management of the hospital
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oluwafunkenny: 8:01pm On Dec 03, 2014
I BEG OOOOOOOO my people

Good day,

Kindly advise, my US visa is expiring Dec 13, 2014. I only used it once for wedding shoppings in 2013. I am 4months preg and due in May. I planned renewing immediately after expiration through drop box. but I have these issues.
1. I have changed my passport details to married which may raise eyebrow.
2. do I have to fill in the form that I am pregnant, if yes, I don't have any hospital in mind now, though I am contemplating on going to Houston cos my sister is there.

I need help asap on the details on my visa application, I have financial evidence close to 15k$ for now and am a lecturer in fed uni.
Also, any hospital assistance will be appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 8:02pm On Dec 03, 2014
bj2012golf:
Hi All

So we have booked a 3rd interview appointment, venue is Abuja, date 31 Dec 2014

Nearest available date in lagos is 12 Jan 2015

To be continued ...

Dn't worry its settled. U cn't b turned bck on a new year eve. Dat will b God's seal 4 d year 4 u. Just pray & hv faith! It's well bro
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by adebrave(f): 8:12pm On Dec 03, 2014
Congratulations @zayt. He shall be for signs n wonders. Big hug to u and LO God bless u both

zayt:
Hello house,
Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 8:28pm On Dec 03, 2014
Thank you o

You are appreciated

We thank you all for your prayers n encouragement

Regards

pattyreal:

Dn't worry its settled. U cn't b turned bck on a new year eve. Dat will b God's seal 4 d year 4 u. Just pray & hv faith! It's well bro

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Fruitilicious: 8:36pm On Dec 03, 2014
Congrats Zayt...God bless and keep your LO, much love
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kfurllarmie2: 9:02pm On Dec 03, 2014
My fellow good people of the house, am yet to get any response, how do I go about bookin for an earlier. date before jan15 , referals pls , pg no ...........
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by eazydune: 9:05pm On Dec 03, 2014
Congrats zayt, God bless ur lil dude.@bj2012golf........God will surprise u both withd visa ijn.jst fast nd pray well nd all is history.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fadekx(f): 9:06pm On Dec 03, 2014
Hello people, pls can someone help, I've been trying to register to book appointment since Monday but no luck. Has anyone been through this before, how do I go about it?
Thanks.
bj2012golf:
Hi All
So we have booked a 3rd interview appointment, venue is Abuja, date 31 Dec 2014.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 9:23pm On Dec 03, 2014
@eazydune

Amen!

Thank you

eazydune:
Congrats zayt, God bless ur lil dude.@bj2012golf........God will surprise u both withd visa ijn.jst fast nd pray well nd all is history.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 9:25pm On Dec 03, 2014
Hi

What challenge have you encountered?

fadekx:
Hello people, pls can someone help, I've been trying to register to book appointment since Monday but no luck. Has anyone been through this before, how do I go about it?
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 9:44pm On Dec 03, 2014
@GenoMI: please prepare oga for abuja and let him come and share the testimony. When my wife was going for hers an agent friend just told her to do it in abuja because abuja VOs are more reasonable and objective.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by effectsbaby: 9:54pm On Dec 03, 2014
@supamom, i flew Emirates to DFW in May. Journey of life but enjoyable. There was dubaiconnect and I even visited the gold souk. Also, the great part coming back was that I paid only 61 dollars for the infant ticket. I just called their US centre to book. DFW is also one of the few places you can do a tax refund (though only half gets returned)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fadekx(f): 10:00pm On Dec 03, 2014
Thx @ bj2012golf, there are 2 error msgs,
Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted.
User could not be created, pls ensure first name and last name are entered as they appear in your passport.
bj2012golf:
Hi
What challenge have you encountered?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 10:20pm On Dec 03, 2014
@lizcom Thanks for the encouragement, we have set the ball rolling for Abuja, I will keep the house posted and come and share the testimony soon by God's Grace grin

lizcom25:
@GenoMI: please prepare oga for abuja and let him come and share the testimony. When my wife was going for hers an agent friend just told her to do it in abuja because abuja VOs are more reasonable and objective.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 10:46pm On Dec 03, 2014
1. Ensure you write ur surname and other names correctly, I guess surname usually comes first
2 better still, sign into d schedule appointment module, click on the feedback tab and report ur challenge

Regards

fadekx:
Thx @ bj2012golf, there are 2 error msgs,
Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted.
User could not be created, pls ensure first name and last name are entered as they appear in your passport.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ezemistic: 10:56pm On Dec 03, 2014
by March 2015
[quote author=malory84 post=28403601][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.