Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1380903 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by michnuel(f): 1:45pm On Jan 27, 2015
@Uchetobi, thanks for your update.
I'm new on NL and enjoying the thread. Please at what week did you travel since ur first appointment was when you went into labour.
Also did you get a different pediatrician? my edd is end of April and I intend to travel first week in March, hope that's not too late.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Bernghos: 2:14pm On Jan 27, 2015
Dear Nairalanders,

Please, the stories about POE are scaring. Please, any idea of a safe POE?. It's horrific travelling for such a long distance and CBP refuse entry. Please, I have noted that CBP at Houston and Atlanta POE are very strike on pregnant women. Which other safe POE can anyone suggest to me?. I really wish not to be disturbed at all because it I intend to enter at 32weeks.
2. Please, what are some of the reasonable answer to the usual question at the POE "What is the purpose of your trip"?
3. I have learned of El Paso TX, MIHS Phoenix and Methodist Medical Center Houston. Please, apart from these, is there any other cheap hospital in Houston?

Please share!
Cheers!,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 2:23pm On Jan 27, 2015
Bernghos:
Dear All,

Please, the stories about POE are scaring. Please, any idea of a safe POE?. It's horrific travelling for such a long distance and CBP refuse entry. Please, I have noted that CBP at Houston and Atlanta POE are very strike on pregnant women. Which other safe POE can anyone suggest to me?. I really wish not to be disturbed at all because it I intend to enter at 32weeks.

2. Please, what are some of the reasonable answer to the usual question at the POE "What is the purpose of your trip"?

3. I have learned of El Paso TX, MIHS Phoenix and Methodist Medical Center Houston. Please, apart from these, is there any other cheap hospital in Houston?

Please share!

Thank You,

Now I understand why some people kept telling people to go n read before coming to ask questions all u could pick out were scary POE stories u mean u didn't see any good one at all? Hmm mm

The other day someone started by saying how she had read the thread from page 1 to d end n asked a question that showed she obviously didn't

My apologies on my previous comments where I defended people coming to ask repeat questions . Some of these repeat questions sha.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 2:44pm On Jan 27, 2015
michnuel:

@Uchetobi, thanks for your update.
I'm new on NL and enjoying the thread. Please at what week did you travel since ur first appointment was when you went into labour.
Also did you get a different pediatrician? my edd is end of April and I intend to travel first week in March, hope that's not too late.

my first appointment was not when i was in labor, i said my first time being at oakbend. antenatal was at the doctor's office not the hospital. thats the way it is in AMerica. doctors office is diff from the hospital

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dere5: 3:32pm On Jan 27, 2015
Bernghos:
Dear Nairalanders,

Please share!
Cheers!,

There is nothing to be scared about POE ? My advice to you is read this thread in detail from at least page 100 if you cant start from the bigining and do your home work. It has been mentioned here by some people that JFK New York is a friendly POE. Nothing to be scared of,just make sure you have all the neccessary documents..
The statistics of people that have been turned back at poe on this thread is almost zero
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Bsharon: 4:13pm On Jan 27, 2015
Please send pm again. First one ended in an error. Thanks. [/quote]

Pls send ur email add
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by HotChoco2(f): 4:25pm On Jan 27, 2015
Hello All,

I have been following this thread since last year but i had a miscarriage so i stopped.

I really appreciate the useful information that have been shared by everyone. God bless you guys.

I wont claim to have read all the pages but i am on it. I am an August 2015 mum. Any August mum going to houston in the house? pls holla
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shayo5: 4:38pm On Jan 27, 2015
Bernghos:
Dear Nairalanders,

Hi,
Everyone has had different Poe experience
Just have ur necessary docs and be honest,that's one thing this thread had emphasized on.
I advise u read through the entire thread for more info,if u av read recent Poe stories u'll that most people have had great stories to tell even @ places like Houston and Atlanta.
U'll get names of other hospitals as well the ones u mentioned are the popular ones cos of cost or u can just google,but be careful cos of the locations might b far from the dr's office and stores.

Good luck.

Please share!
Cheers!,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by flgd: 5:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
Hello House,

Am new to this but have gone thru some of the pages.

kindly confirm if with the following documents our POE experience will be smooth? You can also suggest any other thing to add please.

Mail correspondence between us and a doctor detailing cost (note no payment has been made)
Receipt showing Payment of half of the accomodation duration.
Cash of arnd 9k for the trip.

Counting on your assistance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dere5: 6:51pm On Jan 27, 2015
flgd:
Hello House,

Am new to this but have gone thru some of the pages.

kindly confirm if with the following documents our POE experience will be smooth? You can also suggest any other thing to add please.

Mail correspondence between us and a doctor detailing cost (note no payment has been made)
Receipt showing Payment of half of the accomodation duration.
Cash of arnd 9k for the trip.

Counting on your assistance.
I guess you are good to go

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 6:55pm On Jan 27, 2015
Pls is there any mama or papa coming in late february or early march using british airways... i need ur help pls.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Amother4life: 8:06pm On Jan 27, 2015
Hello Ladies,
I'm brand new to the site. I wish i had come across this forum before travelling. Anyways, all went well with delivery in Houston Methodist Sugar land. Dr Zee was outstanding. I know there are rules pertaining to how information is shared so i will tread carefully as i familiarize myself with the forum. One thing is clear i will share information to assist all the genuine prospective mothers out there. POE at IAH was smooth and CBP guy just asked me if i carried cash or food items. I answered in the affirmative because i had already declared in the forms provided. I wasn't taken to secondary or anything like that. I had also made prior arrangement with a naija family that accommodates people through referrals. They picked me from the airport and also took me for some appointments. It helps to be around familiar people especially for those of us who traveled alone. I could not have picked a better place to stay . Anybody who is interested can PM me for details. They are a few minutes from oak bend from what i was told. I am now waiting to get my son's visa from naija embassy in ATL. I paid for expedited service with a self addressed envelope. I didn't want to start travelling to ATL with the weather people painting scary pictures everyday. Hopefully is they keep to their claim of processing within 3 business days we should be getting the passport back by weekend. BC was easy to get at Fort Bend County with the help of my host. We then went down town to get the passport. They have expedited service too. Anyways, i just thought i'd share my experience with others.
P/S When getting the BC remember to request for 2 additional certified copies. Each child is entitled to ten in a life time oh . So, keep it safe.
1. The reason is simple: You will need a copy to apply for your baby's passport. 2. That copy is not returned in the same envelope with the baby's passport. It is sent several days later in a first class envelope which means if you only got one BC you will not be able to apply for the baby's naija passport or visa (depending on what you want) until you receive the BC back. This takes about 5-7 business days. People on a budget know what that amounts to. This is done for security reasons in case the US passport gets missing. The Naija Embassy will return everything in one envelope though. Let me go back and attend to my son... grin

24 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nogen: 8:15pm On Jan 27, 2015
Amother4life, congratulations and thanks for sharing some vital information here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 8:21pm On Jan 27, 2015
bomly:
Well you can not travel two weeks or three weeks after delivery, you are only allowed to travel after 2months minimum. Also in Idaho state you can delivery with $4,000 if it's natural birth and no epidoral, anyway I wish you luck.

Not True . I travelled with my baby 1 month after birth . 2 months Ke hw will working mom's manage

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 8:50pm On Jan 27, 2015
Bernghos:
Dear Nairalanders,

Please, the stories about POE are scaring. Please, any idea of a safe POE?. It's horrific travelling for such a long distance and CBP refuse entry. Please, I have noted that CBP at Houston and Atlanta POE are very strike on pregnant women.
Please share!
Cheers!,

Hello bernghos, dere r oda POE's u can use aside houston & atlanta & so far most pple on dis thread come bck wit successful poe stories. Not read a bad one sha where d person was turned bck. If u like fly @ 31 or 35 weeks it's all dependent on ur airline. Check deir pregnancy policies 4 both complicated & uncomplicated pregnancies b4 u conclude on ur tk off date. JFK, dallas and phoenix so far i've read r kk 2 go thru. Its been mentioned on dis thread sowi cn't remember d exact page. Also mk sure u hv enuf cash on u as proof dat u can pay ur bills & b truthful. I hope dis helps...lastly tk ur time & go thru d thread wit ur paper & pen grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 10:32pm On Jan 27, 2015
sayoberry:
Pls is there any mama or papa coming in late february or early march using british airways... i need ur help pls.

Hi dear,
I am coming in third week of feb, I am using BA. (It's not late february or early march) but maybe I can help?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kairi: 10:39pm On Jan 27, 2015
bomly:
Well you can not travel two weeks or three weeks after delivery, you are only allowed to travel after 2months minimum. Also in Idaho state you can delivery with $4,000 if it's natural birth and no epidoral, anyway I wish you luck.

So not true! I travelled with my baby when she was less than 3 weeks old.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by prolify: 10:56pm On Jan 27, 2015
oluwafunkenny:
@Petme13,

Please did you carry all the tests sent by Dr Jeane before she accepted you.

Am finding it diffilcult to do all the tests in my area.

Kindly respond

@Oluwafunkenny I am using Dr jeanie aswell I sent the tests I was able to do in nigeria d ones I couldn't I did when I got here(gonorrhea and clamydia,rubella,GTT)however my Blood glucose was a little elevated so I had to do a 3 hour GTT.i declined when asked if I wanted to do it @ her clinic because I got an alternative to do @ a labcorp near my house @ a significantly cheaper rate.
Hope this helps.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shagaman: 1:06am On Jan 28, 2015
Been awhile, my people how unna dey,prayers for all .....as we have all started this journey,may God crown all our efforts with blessings...

so therefore i would like to announce to the house that we were delivered of a beautiful princess today,mother and daughter in good health,father so happy for the blessings of the lord,God bless this thread,for those joining new please endeavor to read well,what this thread offers is much more than words can comprehend......Elpaso place of birth......

27 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zeezahbee(f): 3:03am On Jan 28, 2015
Congrats moniyet and shagaman cheesy grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shagaman: 6:23am On Jan 28, 2015
zeezahbee:
Congrats moniyet and shagaman cheesy grin

Thanks ....this laugh heeeen.....matched perfectly wink grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jyde2014: 7:33am On Jan 28, 2015
Congratulations Mr and Mrs Mahmood. God continue to bless your entire household.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ToksyBoo(f): 7:36am On Jan 28, 2015
West Houston Medical Center is the cheapest I know. Had my baby at Methodist Hospital Sugarland and it was not cheap.

Bernghos:
Dear Nairalanders,

Please share!
Cheers!,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 7:42am On Jan 28, 2015
ToksyBoo:
West Houston Medical Center is the cheapest I know. Had my baby at Methodist Hospital Sugarland and it was not cheap.

Hello,
Please i intend using Methodist Sugarland as i will be staying in Sugarland. Can u please let me know the bill break down. or u can email me at airpure@gmail.com will really appreciate pls
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 7:45am On Jan 28, 2015
Amother4life:
Hello Ladies,
I'm brand new to the site. I wish i had come across this forum before travelling. Anyways, all went well with delivery in Houston Methodist Sugar land. Dr Zee was outstanding. I know there are rules pertaining to how information is shared so i will tread carefully as i familiarize myself with the forum. ... grin

Hello Thanks for ur post. I sent u a PM but to be honest i do not know how that thing works. Please i need the bill breakdown u paid for Methodist Sugarland u can post it here or send me an email via airpure@gmail.com.

Regards
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mrsshen: 8:41am On Jan 28, 2015
shagaman:
Been awhile, my people how unna dey,prayers for all .....as we have all started this journey,may God crown all our efforts with blessings...

so therefore i would like to announce to the house that we were delivered of a beautiful princess today,mother and daughter in good health,father so happy for the blessings of the lord,God bless this thread,for those joining new please endeavor to read well,what this thread offers is much more than words can comprehend......Elpaso place of birth......

Congrats Shagman.
May God watch over your lil princess and continue to provide all you need to be a good dad
Please I need your help for total costs you had at El Paso. I would like to have my baby there too. Pls could you send me your email address. Please I still don't know how to send a PM on NL can anyone pls help a sister out? Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 9:01am On Jan 28, 2015
Pls MIHS mamas did u do any test frm naija? Or is d package inclusive of d test? I'll like 2 know d ones accepted from naija.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 9:08am On Jan 28, 2015
[quote author=shagaman post=30198229]

Congratulations to you guys, thank God for making the dream a reality, God bless you all

Regards
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 28, 2015
kairi:

So not true! I travelled with my baby when she was less than 3 weeks old.

The hospital even tell u as from 2weeks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by RITLUV: 11:02am On Jan 28, 2015
Hello All,

This Forum is loaded with lots of info. I have learnt a lot after reading through most of the pages, though not all and based on this wealth of info, I have decided on Texas to give birth. There is a BUT. Its either ELPASO or Dr Fagbohun in Houston and the main reason holding me back is affordable accomodation in Houston close to Dr Fagbohun and Oakbend as I prefer Houston to ELPASO. Can someone pls help with acc in Houston? Most of the responses are not detailed, no contact, no email as its not allowed here. Please help a SIS in need. I am due to travel in April and already contacted ELPASO and Dr Fagbohun but preference is Dr Fagbohun. Thanks and congrats to the new moms and success stories.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shagaman: 11:11am On Jan 28, 2015
jyde2014:
Congratulations Mr and Mrs Mahmood. God continue to bless your entire household.

You sabi us wella ooooooo......Thanks so much....operation identify urself .... shocked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shagaman: 11:12am On Jan 28, 2015
[quote author=bj2012golf post=30203793][/quote]

Thank you and God bless you,we give thanks it became a reality,,i still maintain this forum ...non like it

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.