Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,774 members, 7,862,534 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:57 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1388191 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nochid: 10:05am On Jul 11, 2014
@Lizcom25: You're allowed to change your mind, you however need to get in touch with Dr Fagbohun that there has been a change of plan.At the POE , your wife just needs to demonstrate she's able to pay for the services she's seeking, that's if she ever get asked.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by phummy1821: 10:24am On Jul 11, 2014
dinah777: pls I'll like to join the BB group, I have sent u an email. Thanks

Still doesn't answer my question and the solution is shutting people down and judging them all based on perception/assumption?wow that's really civil.

I have read lots of sarcastic posts about those going to Del Sol by those MIHS bound and no one attacked them and yes I have read post where people who used hospitals in places like Maryland/Newyork etc which was a lot more expensive got Infos here went to El Paso and even MIHS and came back to share being thankful that they were able to save alot of money and still got good service that had nothing to do with comparing both places(shame we've lost those pages)

Olu of El paso's sharing his experience had nothing to do with MIHS yet he was termed as marketing.

@are the only two hospitals in the USA-good question so why are these agents not bringing down(in your words) the more expensive hospitals like WHMC and others mentioned on this thread-one would think they marketers will be targeting others too not just one place.

Exalt?Some1 uses two services and prefers the other and it's bringing down/exalting?The sentiments and energy with which people run to assume,attack and defend is amazing!!!!

I might just be tagged the next judgemental person/agent and it will be okay as long as am El Paso bound:it's a big shame.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 10:28am On Jul 11, 2014
@Nochid. Thanks for helping out
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 11:10am On Jul 11, 2014
Jez!! Obviously this is a case of different strokes for different folks.

For me i appreciate people like @Abujamomma71 who come back to give testimony moreover, when she has EXPERIENCED both MIHS and Del sol, such information are very valuable to this thread. However, remembering that this is an open internet forum where people can hide behind their screen and say anything, the onion lies on each and every one of us to do our homework and make his or her own decision.

When i found this thread i read from page one to the end and putting all the information together, i found out that Del sol and MIHS are both good hospitals that provide good medical care but have areas that they are better than each other. Primarily Del sol are very available, communicate with you easily and promptly while MIHS is cheaper. So the every other person should be able to read through this thread and make his or her own decision.

Anyways i am MIHS bound end of the month with the dreaded Houston as my POE, i have tried to get myself and my wife ready for CBP but in the end i know i still need God`s grace. Abeg those that used Houston as POE for MIHS should help with list of documents and necessary things to be better prepared for the CBP at POP.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by beautyx5: 11:22am On Jul 11, 2014
Hi,

Please live and let live.

Let our personal biase or conspiracy theories not ruin the hard work some people have put into this forum.

In the end each reader knows the strength of their finances and will choose the option that is better for them. Lets leave that decision to them!

Just like those claiming the el-paso guys are 'agents' and 'advertising' is the same way I could feel that the MIHS guys are also being 'agents' and 'advertising'. Point one finger to others, 4 are pointing right back at you.

Reading people's experiences both positive and negative helps one make a stronger decision. 2 people can go to the same place and have 2 totally different experiences despite receiving the exact same services. Does that make the person that felt least satisfied wrong? No! It just means he wanted something more and felt let down because he did not get it. Do we now judge him if he goes elsewhere and feels better there even if they offer him the EXACT same service he did not like at the previous place and at a higher cost?

Everyone has the right to do what they feel like with information they have. I am sure some people will still choose MIHS over El-paso even if the latter has move 'raving' reviews and they can afford more than el-paso. If my finances no reach el-paso levels, I will opt for the one I can afford. Some people will read everything and still feel they are being 'cheap' by going for el-paso and opt for something higher.

So why are we adding fuel to a fire that shouldn't have started in the first instance? You have come here to gain knowledge and give knowledge. Let it just be that. Don't start reading unnecessary meanings and aggravating others with unnecessary misgivings.

We are far more better than that. Information you received on this forum has helped you in your cause, let it help someone else too.

Live and let live!

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ogbenyalu: 12:42pm On Jul 11, 2014
@lizcom 25 since your wife declared her purpose of visit which is to give birth . I think u then have the right to change doctors without any problem at the POE just make sure u get doctor esparatis letter of responsibility and also print out the email page u sent to Dr fagboun showing your appointment cancellation. with these and enough cash at hand I don't think u will have any problem at any Poe.

about the mihs vs elapso debate . this is just prolonging this thread without adding any value to it . so let's all drop the debate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 11, 2014
Pls can anyone provide an info on how to book appointments at mihs? Av bn calling d no on their package plan for like a week now n am not getting any responce. Its just d answering machine. Does any1 av an alternative no?
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 11, 2014
hollabeesy2014: Pls can anyone provide an info on how to book appointments at mihs? Av bn calling d no on their package plan for like a week now n am not getting any responce. Its just d answering machine. Does any1 av an alternative no?
Thanks.

Try +16023445444

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 2:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
@Ogbenyalu. Thanks for the help.

If Taxes is her POE, must she go through Houston? Somehow i think my wife is most relaxed than me. During her interview she wasn't ever disturbed like me, and she got it. Now i have started again, and she just said "don't worry"
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by LeonessAug: 2:33pm On Jul 11, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by LeonessAug: 2:35pm On Jul 11, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aye88: 2:38pm On Jul 11, 2014
LeonessAug: @Dinah, many here are not first time moms and have also used diff. hospitals in the US... I have never read from them comparing their diff experiences other than even making it as preferences for others. So ask yourself why it's always MIHS vs ELPASO.

Its ok.lets drop the debate pls.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 2:44pm On Jul 11, 2014
LeonessAug: Hi Jyde... Can you please refer to happytbaby's post. Many of us got our first appmt via that no. Once you are here, communication with them becomes steady.

@LeonessAug

what was your POE?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by LeonessAug: 2:45pm On Jul 11, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 2:47pm On Jul 11, 2014
@all

i would appreciate if any one that used or is using MIHS and went through Houston share experience and advice.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 2:49pm On Jul 11, 2014
LeonessAug: JFK

oh ok Thanks.

that is normally a less stressful POE. smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 3:06pm On Jul 11, 2014
Oya something to ginger this thread a little bit. List of some hospitals with maternity birth package, pls do your research o!

http://www.truechoicebenefits.biz/BCBSAZ_Baby2012.pdf

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 3:24pm On Jul 11, 2014
oawele: Oya something to ginger this thread a little bit. List of some hospitals with maternity birth package, pls do your research o!

http://www.truechoicebenefits.biz/BCBSAZ_Baby2012.pdf
Thanks oawele, this is good work!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 5:20pm On Jul 11, 2014
Ladies , you should all take a chill pill, i don't see a big deal when someone compares her experience between 2 hospitals. If truly el paso agents come here to hype their service then kudos to El paso for getting their marketing strategies right , this shouldn't get the MIHS clan angry.

I will rather love to see the MIHS clan telling us why we should use them instead of el paso. It's a faceless forum and it's wrong to blackmail people for sharing their mind, even going to the extent of calling them agents. I rest my case .

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Amazingmum: 6:20pm On Jul 11, 2014
Tvegas: Ladies , you should all take a chill pill, i don't see a big deal when someone compares her experience between 2 hospitals. If truly el paso agents come here to hype their service then kudos to El paso for getting their marketing strategies right , this shouldn't get the MIHS clan angry.

I will rather love to see the MIHS clan telling us why we should use them instead of el paso. It's a faceless forum and it's wrong to blackmail people for sharing their mind, even going to the extent of calling them agents. I rest my case .

Well said!

Like some others have said lets stay focused.
I would honestly like to get some clarifications;
1) is Dr Fagbohun for MIHS?
2) comparing the cost of giving birth, feeding and accomodation @ MIHS to el paso, can someone with the experience @ MIHS pls let me know how much covered it? Guys @ elpaso have give insight and confirmed figures for their experience.
i was considering elpaso thanks to this forum, until i came across the MIHS recently - on this forum too....

3) does any1 have a Virginia experience? i got info on a carilion Hospital in Virginia and the figures given for birthing were: CS- 1,600 and Vag:1,350. minus doctors and tech/professional fees.

The bill did not say what these will be but just what the procedure will cost as stated above. Will appreciate any experience in this regard.

I would also like to add that i believe the reason why this thread has been all about elpaso/MIHS is cos these hospitals have been proven to provide what we all in this forum want at a very convenient price..... Lets not hurt other pples feelings. Just as we are gaining a lot lets not make the hands that help seize to be a part of this...

Pls ooo hlp with my inquiry and lets stay true to ourselves...Cheers!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 7:07pm On Jul 11, 2014
I think this forum is to help us share ideas and information. After sharing, it is left for the individuals to do cost/benefit analysis and make a decision. Nobody is going to help the other to settle his or her bills, but we just need information to make a decision. Let us all THINK and ACT (TACT)
Keep the useful information coming please..... it worth sharing......
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 7:17pm On Jul 11, 2014
Tvegas: Ladies , you should all take a chill pill, i don't see a big deal when someone compares her experience between 2 hospitals. If truly el paso agents come here to hype their service then kudos to El paso for getting their marketing strategies right , this shouldn't get the MIHS clan angry.

No they are getting it wrong, no indirect advert here.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lively123: 7:41pm On Jul 11, 2014
i have proven my point, Abujamomma71 has refused to respond to the challenge and i'm sure this will be the last we will hear about her. she will not come here to answer anybody's questions or make further meaningful contributions to this thread. Any discerning person will be able to deduce from her tone and her predecessors' tone and usual behaviour that they come here to rock the boat and cause confusion.

my challenge to her was not in anyway to prevent people from posting their candid opinion or review about service but when people further ask you questions about the hospital you claim to have used, you should be able to provide answers that shows you were there.

my people, let us return to our sharing without bias and help others, i must say i got all the information that got me to the US from this thread and i am willing to make sure the thread continues to help as many people as possible. let us fight the detractors.

thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lively123: 7:53pm On Jul 11, 2014
@ Oawele, most of us that are presently in phoenix used JFK, LAX and even PHX and we had a stress-free POE. That is because it was earlier advised on this thread that Houston is a tough one for naija preggies, though some good news were flowing in from there shortly before a large chunk of this thread was wiped off. since her coming is close, it might be difficult changing tickets or airlines. i would advise that she has all the necessary documents with her, carry enough cash to prove she can pay and avoid carrying food items that will require plenty scanning and checking. in all, let's pray that she meets a good CBP officer and all will be well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dabigwalls: 8:07pm On Jul 11, 2014
@Justwise is there no way you can moderate these needless arguments and debates. I am in EL Paso with my wife and have refrained from sharing advantages and disadvatages I have observed here because whatever angle you go, folks will give it a colour. Is it $200 I will be pursuing for commission when the value of this thread is more than $5000 to me? Maturity I think is key. If it is fine take it. If it is not fine with you, STILL TAKE IT BUT REFRAIN FROM CONDEMNING!

A man rides his horse with his son walking the horse and people think he is inconsiderate.
The same man puts his son on the horse and walks the horse, people say he is stupid.
They both ride the horse to shut peoples mouths and people say they are wicked to the horse.
They decide not to ride and people say they are foolish.
Follow people but be ready to manage the headache.

I have not met any so called El Paso clan member since we came because nobody paid any fees for me, I decided to come here on my own based on the information obtained on this wonderful thread. It is MY decision at the end of the day so what's the fight about?

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by labrks: 10:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
I believe this whole El paso/MIHS controversy is childish at best! I dont blame abujamomma71 for refusing to respond to all the negativity. I for one dont understand the attack. She used 2services and says she preferred the former. ..BIG DEAL! She is entitled to her preferences. There is sufficient info on both hospitals as well as several others. Sift through, take the info you need, do your personal research and keep it moving. We are people's mothers and fathers o. People have benefited so much from this thread (my husband and I for one owe alot to it) please lets not ruin it for others. Thanx

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by stepedie: 10:26pm On Jul 11, 2014
lizcom25: @Ogbenyalu. Thanks for the help.

If Taxes is her POE, must she go through Houston? Somehow i think my wife is most relaxed than me. During her interview she wasn't ever disturbed like me, and she got it. Now i have started again, and she just said "don't worry"

Yes you have to go through Houston Sir...Dunno how Lenient they are now there though cos past experiences of people shows they are strict and doctoresparati would also advice you don't go through Houston and Atlanta.
I hope this helps.

Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by FinanceFitness: 2:51am On Jul 12, 2014
The attacks on anyone who favours elpaso over MIHS are unbelievable. I for one stopped posting on this thread because of that.

I don't know how my disclosing my preference should result in that much condemnation.

I also struggle to understand why people keep wondering why people will compare- They are the 2 most popular destinations on this thread.

I just returned home from elpaso, and despite all the great reviews, there are aspects I didn't like there just because of my preference.

I wish all mums all the best in their search and deliveries.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dinawe: 11:37am On Jul 12, 2014
This thread has been a blessing to me. Thanks to everyone that have contributed positively. I have few questions though.

I had my last baby at Dallas and i intend coming back for my third baby and i am trying to make a decision if to choose El paso or MIHS. I have done my research and visited their sites as well, but for those that have been there and back, especially MIHS.

How did you process your baby's passport seeing that Arizona does not have a US passport agency? Dallas had so i got my baby's passport in two days, was that possible in Arizona?

Any contact details of some one that helped you with your baby's Nigerian visa?

If you traveled unaccompanied and you had a C Section, how did you cope after delivery alone? Shopping? Passport and Visa Processing? etc

Please i need feedback from both Elpaso and MIHS people. (Abeg, i hope this will not bring about a fight oh, kinda scared now, but i need to make a decision, will be due in October).

God bless you all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by timtim12: 11:47am On Jul 12, 2014
FinanceFitness: The attacks on anyone who favours elpaso over MIHS are unbelievable. I for one stopped posting on this thread because of that.

I don't know how my disclosing my preference should result in that much condemnation.

I also struggle to understand why people keep wondering why people will compare- They are the 2 most popular destinations on this thread.

I just returned home from elpaso, and despite all the great reviews, there are aspects I didn't like there just because of my preference.

I wish all mums all the best in their search and deliveries.

i stopped coming to the thread when i got to MIHS

Had my baby on last month and decided to come give feedback because this thread helped me so much!

na so i see fight! im not even going to bother readn through.

i can also see a large chunk of our msgs are gone. treasures lost.

anyways- coming here was worth it. great dr, great treatment when i went to deliver. nice people fron nairaland too (lubu, acks and co). Im normally a very orivate person but the love broke my reserve.

if ure heading to MIHS and ure a christian- RCCG is fab. they help gan. carry you ti church on sunday n offer to help with little things.

what else? oh the sun/heat na helele-lol. no be here. just like maiduguri!

what else? yeah, unless ure very rugged forget taking the bus- standing under the sun and hauling ur stuff around is not my idea of fun. its waaaay cheaper tho.

u could get an intl drivers license from naij and drive around sha. cheaper than cabn.

For your shopping- burlington for baby, Last Chance (Nordstrom) and Ross for yourself. Walmart is also great for loads of stuff (online and instore). If ure at crossland- Foodcity is very close. if u go to Solidrock rccg, uld meet a woman who would bring african food to church for you to buy if u call ahead.

oh and i called for my zero balance today- expectes them to bill me more- cos i did a couple of tests outside the plan and did a bp check- but naa $2888 it was. so yaaayyy, cheap stuff for real, thank God.

i cant think if anything else. hope my loooong msg helps someone.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by timtim12: 12:12pm On Jul 12, 2014
dinawe: This thread has been a blessing to me. Thanks to everyone that have contributed positively. I have few questions though.

I had my last baby at Dallas and i intend coming back for my third baby and i am trying to make a decision if to choose El paso or MIHS. I have done my research and visited their sites as well, but for those that have been there and back, especially MIHS.

How did you process your baby's passport seeing that Arizona does not have a US passport agency? Dallas had so i got my baby's passport in two days, was that possible in Arizona?

Any contact details of some one that helped you with your baby's Nigerian visa?

If you traveled unaccompanied and you had a C Section, how did you cope after delivery alone? Shopping? Passport and Visa Processing? etc

Please i need feedback from both Elpaso and MIHS people. (Abeg, i hope this will not bring about a fight oh, kinda scared now, but i need to make a decision, will be due in October).

God bless you all.

you can get the passport at the Western Passport Centre, Tucson. but you must shiw evudence of travel within 2 weeks or a need to get a visa for travel within 28 days.

otherwise, u apply for the passport through the postoffice and expedite. they say it wouod be withbyou in 3 weeka but most people get it in 2 weeks.

The naija visa guy- when u get here, his number is around. dont want any headbiting "advert" comment to come my way.

your birthcert would be ready in 3 days. so if you dont need a notary fron your significant other, you can head to the postoffice ( preferably downtown because you need to book an appointment to use Maryvale postoffice).

think i answered your questions on shopn in my previous post.

CS and post delivery help- no nannies. but the mums get close and just help the sisters in need. never seen people love and help absolute strangers so much.

note to the mums planning CS- bring your 1st scan showing your EDD. MIHS wont do optional CS or induce you till 39 or 40 weeks. so if they r not sure if ur edd, u go tey reach like 41 weeks unless u go into labour earlier.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (402)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.