Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1384166 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tayopet: 10:05am On Aug 06, 2014
Hello house! Am a first timer on this forum and really need your help. I plan to travel this ending to give birth, and I planed using a general Hospital called ben tuab in houston . I need any one with infor about the hospital,and also accommodation .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 06, 2014
Good morn' all,
Please for moms that have used Atlanta before intend to- what are cheaper hospitals there. Please, respond soon.thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fowopere: 12:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
[quote author=Mrsfad2014][/quote] Extended stay, westchase richmond. 3200 W. Sam houston Pkwy. S. Houston. 77042. Telsad713)952-4644. You can make the reservation without having to pay till ur check in day.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 12:51pm On Aug 06, 2014
Kween2014:

@ Mrsfad2014, yes, it is necessary to send the email to the embassy notifying them...not compulsory but necessary and that singular email has saved a lot of mamas at POE. Most likely, you will get the standard response. The email to send it to depends on where you got ur visa...Lagos or Abuja. Lagos - LagosNIV@state.gov, Abuja - consularabuja@state.gov. Although, you can choose to send to both and pick the response you like better. I sent to both and got their standard responses but i like the Abuja one better so im sticking with that. wink

Hi @Kween2014
This means I have to notify the embassy as well? I got my visa August last year o!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by amash(f): 1:25pm On Aug 06, 2014
modath:

If you don't intend to have your baby there eventually, save your cash and go to Fed staff hospital in Jabi instead.. I had my baby there( Nisa) in '09 and two of my friends have had their babies there as well, aint nothing special about that place,most of their good doctors have left to start their own private practice.
Its good but not good enough to charge 750k (it could be more for compicated cases)for a C-section.
thanx @modart but do you mean 750k to give birth cuz i was told 150k ante natal and 180k birth and yes i dont intend to give birth there as i am exploring my ptions of giving birth in the us
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Kween2014: 1:31pm On Aug 06, 2014
nefertitiram:
Hi @Kween2014
This means I have to notify the embassy as well? I got my visa August last year o!

@Mrsfad2014,

Like i said, it is not compulsory though. I also renewed my visa via drop box last year before i got pregnant but still chose to send the email.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by efuru: 3:46pm On Aug 06, 2014
mamas @ crossland, i will be coming in tomorrow
cant wait to see u all and learn from ur experiences.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bestie101: 4:14pm On Aug 06, 2014
pls someone should explain that notarized something very well o... its confusing me. a beg eh.. don't mind pls
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
Good morn' all,
Please for moms that have used Atlanta before intend to- what are cheaper hospitals there. Please, respond soon.thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kingsdaughter: 4:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
Jaejae: Good morn' all,

You can try http://www.gwinnettmedicalcenter.org/patient-and-visitor-info/GMCContentPage.aspx?nd=44 A friend informed me it could be as cheap as 2600- 3600 as 40% discount is applied if you pay within a specified period you can contact them to find out. Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ebonyademi: 5:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
please moms using MIHS, can anyone advise me on how to make booking with crossland extended home. need it urgently

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mrsfad2014: 5:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
fowopere: Extended stay, westchase richmond. 3200 W. Sam houston Pkwy. S. Houston. 77042. Telsad713)952-4644. You can make the reservation without having to pay till ur check in day.
@ Kween. How else will i describe you ladies, allow me to say You are simply wonderful. Thanks for erasing my fears. @kween, will it be too early to send the mail now as i will be travelling in October? I really appreciate all your response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
Please who has an idea of temporary accommodation's in atlanta Georgia, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Kween2014: 6:04pm On Aug 06, 2014
@MrsFad, im also going first week in October and i sent the email since last month so im sure its not too early.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ozycy: 7:27pm On Aug 06, 2014
IjayMama: Hi Nairalanders,
Just for clarity, is this true? "Please note that they (referring to the US passport issuing office) no longer accept just any notary from Nigeria except it comes from the american embassy in nigeria"....new mamas who just processed their babies documents shld pls help out.
Also I still need the contact info of any agents in Houston area who can help process Nigerian visa.
Warm regards.
. Yes, as for me, d way out is for ur hubby to go to US embassy as soon as u have ur baby, u hv to book appointment wt dem on der website, just search for US citizen stuff like dat on der website, u go see am, den he will pick a date, most times, u will see like d following days date, it's free o, he will carry d notary form der, dey will notarise it, dats all, den he can send it tru courier, mine took abt 3 days to get to me.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mrsfad2014: 8:23pm On Aug 06, 2014
Kween2014: @MrsFad, im also going first week in October and i sent the email since last month so im sure its not too early.
@ Kween. Thanks so much for the information. I will send the mail earlier next week and update you of their response. Am happy we will be leaving Nija at the same period, kindly advise the airline you will be using and which hotel/ apartment you will be using. I planned staying with a cousin in Harris County , Houston for some days and later get a self catering apartment but when i checked extended stay hotel, i realised its too far to WHMC. Kindly advise on what to do. You can send me a mail on my personal box I await your prompt response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MissG(f): 8:48pm On Aug 06, 2014
miri7b5N:

Hi dear, I came in tru Atlanta just this Thursday and it was super smooth.The officer that attended to me was so cool, in short, just ask God for favour. You can check out my last post for more info on my Atlanta experience. I wish you a safe and stress free journey.

Cheers.

Thank you Miri7b5N

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Web005: 8:52pm On Aug 06, 2014
Mrsfad2014: @ Kween. Thanks so much for the information. I will send the mail earlier next week and update you of their response. Am happy we will be leaving Nija at the same period, kindly advise the airline you will be using and which hotel/ apartment you will be using. I planned staying with a cousin in Harris County , Houston for some days and later get a self catering apartment but when i checked extended stay hotel, i realised its too far to WHMC. Kindly advise on what to do. You can send me a mail on my personal box
Lola.fadahunsi@yahoo.co.uk. I await your prompt response.

Mums to be using WHMC I'll join you in November . I will also need help securing accommodation also close to d hospital and still affordable
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MissG(f): 8:52pm On Aug 06, 2014
debrixxy:

Atlanta POE is great, I came in last week Tuesday, the 29th of July. It was smooth, flew with Delta Airline cos Qatar Airways deemed me unfit to fly cos I was like 35+1day. Their Airline rule is actually 35wks but according to them the 1day extra made me unfit to fly. And then they told me that their refund process take about 3weeks, was soo angry cos I had to buy another ticket 2days before departure and believe me, it was very expensive. shocked

Anyway ATL POE was smooth, we arrived 5:15am & we were one of the first folks to be interviewed. Didn't have a lot of cash on me just about $1,500 and the Customs officer asked me why I was here, I told him for Vacation & medical treatment, how much I had on me? Told him $1,500. Asked me what my final destination is, who i'm going to stay with, what I do for a living, what my Uncle does for a living and didn't even ask to see any document. He had already stamped me in for 6months before asking me some of these questions.

Was just praying throughout for Favour which God gave me.

Just pray for God's favour, that's what you need. grin

That's great! Sorry about the extra expenses. I pray for God's favour too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by SophiaLisa(f): 9:02pm On Aug 06, 2014
Hello Ladies,

God bless you all now and in advance!

Biko I need clarification.

My SIL wants to deliver in the USA. We have relatives in New York and we specified their address as where we (my SIL, my Bro and I) will be staying pending her delivery and afterwards.

We have been in contact with NY hospitals such as Mount Sinai, Montefiore and St. John's Episcopal but they only sent bills and there has been no other mail from them even after my continuous calls and follow up emails.

Truth be told, their prices are HIGH from as USD$10, 963 to USD$22,600.

Well, since they stopped responding, we called around some affordable hospitals like Mercy Medical Centre, St Charles Hospital, Lincoln Hospital and Bronx Lebanon Hospital but they all said that they do not send email correspondences and only attend to clients who come in for physical tests.

Thankfully, through Nairaland and the wonderful contributors, DoctoresParati is the best bet in terms of cost, customer service and feedback.

However, it is in Dallas Texas! sad

Now my question is this: How do we convince the Visa Officer at the Lagos embassy that we are staying in NY but will have the baby in Texas? Please reply abeg. The interview is in TWO Weeks!!!

God Bless you all immensely!!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by debrixxy: 9:09pm On Aug 06, 2014
MissG:

That's great! Sorry about the extra expenses. I pray for God's favour too

Thanks dear, you definitely need & will have it in Jesus name. Amen. When r u travelling?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fowopere: 9:38pm On Aug 06, 2014
Mrsfad2014: @ Kween. Thanks so much for the information. I will send the mail earlier next week and update you of their response. Am happy we will be leaving Nija at the same period, kindly advise the airline you will be using and which hotel/ apartment you will be using. I planned staying with a cousin in Harris County , Houston for some days and later get a self catering apartment but when i checked extended stay hotel, i realised its too far to WHMC. Kindly advise on what to do. You can send me a mail on my personal box Lola.fadahunsi@yahoo.co.uk. I await your prompt response.
Extended stay on sam houston. Pkwy is just about 7 minutes drive tops .....and a 30 minutes walk to WHMC. Note that there are several other extended stay around there so you have to look for the one closest.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MissG(f): 10:24pm On Aug 06, 2014
debrixxy:

Thanks dear, you definitely need & will have it in Jesus name. Amen. When r u travelling?

Amen!!! I am leaving next month.... Change of plan now, will be going for a workshop in Newyork first.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 06, 2014
Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 06, 2014
@debrixxy, will you be staying in Atlanta to have your baby please.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hawtmum: 12:19am On Aug 07, 2014
@IjayMama: my husband didn't notarise at the embassy. And i got my son's passport.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IjayMama: 1:06am On Aug 07, 2014
hawtmum: @IjayMama: my husband didn't notarise at the embassy. And i got my son's passport.

Hi hawtmum,
Thanks for the info. How long ago was this tho?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IjayMama: 1:08am On Aug 07, 2014
ozycy: . Yes, as for me, d way out is for ur hubby to go to US embassy as soon as u have ur baby, u hv to book appointment wt dem on der website, just search for US citizen stuff like dat on der website, u go see am, den he will pick a date, most times, u will see like d following days date, it's free o, he will carry d notary form der, dey will notarise it, dats all, den he can send it tru courier, mine took abt 3 days to get to me.

Hey ozycy,
Thanks. How long ago was dis? Need to knw if dis is a new procedure. Thanks a lot.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hawtmum: 1:55am On Aug 07, 2014
Just a few weeks ago. Last month.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 7:32am On Aug 07, 2014
Hello Sophialisa,

For affordable hospitals in New York Areas check Wyckoff hospital (Bronykln) and Metroplitian Hospital (Manhattan). Wyckoff would cost around $7k intotal ( package is $6.5k excluding prenatal visits, after-birth pediatrician visits, scans) while Metropilitian is $8k max. For Wyckoff, go to their website and fill the contact us form or send a mail to Christine [CScaminaci@wyckoffhospital.org]. I know they respond to mails and you can get an appointment date to use for the interview from them. You can check my previous posts on this. Most other hospitals in NY/NJ area cost between $10k-20k.

However if you decide later on to use El Paso, you have the right to change your mind. For the interview, all they want to see is that you have a plan and have corresponded with a specific hospital to use, you know the cost and you have the funds to pay. So many people have used a hopsital for the interview and changed their minds. However, if you want to stick to El Paso from beginning, then get a reservation for crossland or extended stay to use at the interview. Hope this helps.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mamatukwas: 9:55am On Aug 07, 2014
Please any1 with info on temporary accommodation (apartments) in atlanta or its environs should please answer us smiley God bless you.
chloe7: Please who has an idea of temporary accommodation's in atlanta Georgia, thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 10:50am On Aug 07, 2014
Hi mamacajah. Trust you are doing fine.
Can u pls provide the e-mail addresses of the consular, both lag and Abj. I intend to write to them as well for notification of change of intentions.
Thanks.. ( Fear come and be catching me o, but I trust God)
mamacajah: Hello

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (402)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.