Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Give Birth In The Usa Cost And Procedures - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Give Birth In The Usa Cost And Procedures (7006 Views)

Nigerian Parents Give Birth To White Baby (Photos) / 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos / Doctor Explain How Black Nigerian Couple Give Birth To White Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Give Birth In The Usa Cost And Procedures by skelemba: 12:13pm On Mar 05, 2011
Goodday, my wife and I intend to give birth in the usa as we know that gives the child automatic citizenship. However, we would require valid information on cost of hospital bill, procedure to register in the hospital. The best state, procedure to obtain the childs nigerian and us passport as we intend to come back within 2weeks so the locations of both embassy. We already know the cost of visa and flight. We would be grateful if someone with a first hand or second hand experience can but us through with specification info and hospitals addresses, embassy adresees and cost value so we can plan ahead. Thanks God bless you
Re: Give Birth In The Usa Cost And Procedures by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 05, 2011
search function.
Re: Give Birth In The Usa Cost And Procedures by isalegan2: 12:36pm On Mar 05, 2011
Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, GA. Also, there's a Nigerian Consulate within 20 miles of the hospital. A relative came from Nigeria to give birth there a few years ago. She later compared it to her childbirth experience in a NE state where she now resides, and said she was treated much better at Grady, and had received far better post natal care and her baby far better immediate follow-up care, even though she was only visiting USA at the time and it was obvious she came here to have a baby.

I know she didn't have to pay, but things may have changed in 5 years. Just one to look into.
Re: Give Birth In The Usa Cost And Procedures by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:12pm On Mar 05, 2011
skelemba:

Goodday, my wife and I intend to give birth in the usa as we know that gives the child automatic citizenship. However, we would require valid information on cost of hospital bill, procedure to register in the hospital. The best state, procedure to obtain the childs nigerian and us passport as we intend to come back within 2weeks so the locations of both embassy. We already know the cost of visa and flight. We would be grateful if someone with a first hand or second hand experience can but us through with specification info and hospitals addresses, embassy adresees and cost value so we can plan ahead. Thanks God bless you

be careful especially with the month she is due i saw a UK BORDER AGENCY when a nigerian woman was refused to fly to american becoz she was using that trick in her case she was going for month or less to visit and after month/less thats when she was due

which doesnt make sense why go for visit when less than a 7 weeks due

she was refused to fly, this was in nigeria she was asked to go back to the american embassy (may be for further breafing) but she never turned up and they cancelled her visa
Re: Give Birth In The Usa Cost And Procedures by obowunmi(m): 3:09pm On Mar 05, 2011
You are going about this the RIGHT way,many Nigerians run away and never pay the hospital bills.
Re: Give Birth In The Usa Cost And Procedures by webmastern(m): 5:52am On Mar 13, 2012
Re: Give Birth In The Usa Cost And Procedures by fotolord: 10:36am On Mar 13, 2012
Hi OP,
First, Let your wife travel when she is still fit and let her put on boobooo that wont show her pregnancy state.
Airlines can stop her if they find out she is >7 months .

2. go to state owned Hospital, as at 2010. The bill for Non CS is around $6500 while CS which is quite common is around 12k in Texas(This is actually depend on the state and location)
You can agree payment terms with the hospital but sometimes you have to drop like 50% initial deposit and MAKE SURE YOU GOT THE RECIEPTS (Border Agency can ask when you are visiting Next)

3. Please do not use Medicaid as it may have a repercussion (Visa Denial)..Well this is not an automatic rejection but I have seen it happen to some people while some had gone away with it.

4. The Hospital will give you the birth certificate which you will use to process the SSN, then you can go to the post office and get he BLUE passport ...(I love that passport)

5. As per Nigerian Passport. I am not that vast in that area, may be another Nlder can help you with that.

Good luck in your quest for a dual nationality for that wonderful kid of yours!
Re: Give Birth In The Usa Cost And Procedures by adikem: 3:05pm On Jul 28, 2012
i gave birth in usa in 2005 and 2010 i used medicaid for the earlier one and paid in full for the second child. i want to pay back to medicaid for my first child as i know they have been bouncing people at the embassy for this. i went to orlando medicaid office and requested to pay back but they refused to collect the money. i need to go back to the embassy for renewal in january. how do i pay back? need your suggestions
Re: Give Birth In The Usa Cost And Procedures by coolleye: 7:20pm On Dec 26, 2012
adikem: i gave birth in usa in 2005 and 2010 i used medicaid for the earlier one and paid in full for the second child. i want to pay back to medicaid for my first child as i know they have been bouncing people at the embassy for this. i went to orlando medicaid office and requested to pay back but they refused to collect the money. i need to go back to the embassy for renewal in january. how do i pay back? need your suggestions

hi adikem,
i like to know what happened when you went back to the embassy for your visa renewal considering you used medicaid. i am in a similar position and i also need advise
or better still if there's anyone in the house who has had a baby in the US and used medicaid to cover the bills, i want to know the implication or what i should do when going to renew my visa
Re: Give Birth In The Usa Cost And Procedures by Callotti: 8:01pm On Dec 26, 2012
No advice for you.
I refuse to let you rip-off my country!
Get a medical visa next time! kiss

Nothing wrong with coming to give birth in the USA.
YOU CANNOT COME IN AS JUST A VISITOR.
GO AND GET A MEDICAL VISA!
PAY ALL ANTICIPATED EXPENSES IN FULL BEFORE YOU ENTER THE USA!!!
Thank you! kiss

http://www.usavisitorvisa.com/medicalvisa/medical_visa.htm

[b]Visa for Medical Treatment Application Procedure

Step 1: Make an interview appointment.
Interview at the embassy consular section is required for applicants age 14 through 79. For children 13 and younger and people 80 and older most of the time do not require an interview, unless requested otherwise.

Wait times for interview appointments and visa processing time information for each U.S. Embassy or Consulate worldwide can be found on the United States Department of State website.

Step 2: Interview
See visa required documents that need to be brought to the visitor visa interview.

Step 2: Fingerprinting
A quick, two-digit, ink-free fingerprint scan will be taken, most likely during the interview.

Step 3: Additional Screening
Some applicants will require additional screening and will be notified so when applying for the Visa. These clearances may take several weeks or longer. Please plan for the possibility of a delay in the issuance of a visa. Make your visa application well in advance of your intended travel.

- Back to Top -

Required Documents for the Interview

Each applicant must have the following documents for the interview:
•Application Form DS-156 completed and signed.
Option 1: Download, print and fill out the form and bring to the interview
Option 2. Fill out the form online and submit is on-line.
Note: You still need to bring a printed copy of the application form to the interview.
•Current and valid passport or travel document
•Your Photograph
Requirements are strict for photograph size, type and quality.
See details for photograph requirements
•Application fees. Link to fee page here
All applicants must pay the application fee. Some applicants, according to nationality and type of visa, must also pay an issuance fee.
See Details on Application and Issuance Fees
•Evidence of funds to cover your expenses in the United States
•Evidence of compelling social and economic ties abroad

In addition to the standard visitor visa requirements, you need to bring the following information about your medical treatment:
1.A diagnosis from a doctor about your medical condition.
The doctor must explain why you must go to the U.S. for medical treatment.
2.A letter from a doctor or hospital in the United States stating the following:
a.Statement of willingness to treat your medical condition,
b.Estimate of the costs of the treatment, including doctor's fees, costs of hospitalization and other medical expenses and,
c.Estimate of length of treatment.
3.Proof that you (or your sponsor) have sufficient funds to pay your travel and medical expenses in the United States. (This can be in the form of bank account statements, etc.)

Note: It is important to note that individuals suffering certain afflictions, e.g. contagious diseases, may be ineligible according to the United States Immigration and Nationality Act to receive visas. Person may apply but approval is not assured.

- Back to Top -

Where to Apply for the Visitor Visa?

Applicants for visitor visas should generally apply at the American Embassy or Consulate with jurisdiction over their place of permanent residence. Although visa applicants may apply at any U.S. consular office abroad, it may be more difficult to qualify for the visa outside the country of permanent residence.

Find the nearest United States consulate to you

- Back to Top -

Visa Denial or Refusal

If the consular officer should find it necessary to deny the issuance of a visitor visa, the applicant may apply again if there is new evidence to overcome the basis for the refusal. In the absence of new evidence, consular officers are not obliged to re-examine such cases.
Learn more about denials
[/b]

http://www.ehow.com/how_7737876_obtain-emergency-medical-visa-usa.html
Re: Give Birth In The Usa Cost And Procedures by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 26, 2012
What is wrong with Nigerian citizenship? Will ur wife even be allowed to pass the passport control point once their find out she is about to pop I really need to know why people become so desparate
Re: Give Birth In The Usa Cost And Procedures by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 28, 2012
I know of one man whose wife deleivered five times in the USA without paying a dime. The man's sister is an American citizen and the sister uses the children social security number to get favor from IRS and government every year. The annoying part is, the guy always boasting to friends about his children being American citizens with bright future.

Now, the Anerica Embassy in Lagos has banned the wife from travelling to the United States for the next 30 years.
Re: Give Birth In The Usa Cost And Procedures by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 28, 2012
adikem: i gave birth in usa in 2005 and 2010 i used medicaid for the earlier one and paid in full for the second child. i want to pay back to medicaid for my first child as i know they have been bouncing people at the embassy for this. i went to orlando medicaid office and requested to pay back but they refused to collect the money. i need to go back to the embassy for renewal in january. how do i pay back? need your suggestions

They wont take the money from you. The purnishment now is that; you will be banned from coming to the U.S for the next 30 years.
Re: Give Birth In The Usa Cost And Procedures by tpia5: 5:45pm On Dec 28, 2012
payless: I know of one man whose wife deleivered five times in the USA without paying a dime. The man's sister is an American citizen and the sister uses the children social security number to get favor from IRS and government every year. The annoying part is, the guy always boasting to friends about his children being American citizens with bright future.

@ bolded

not sure what that means.

nigerian citizens have brighter future, imo, all things considered.
Re: Give Birth In The Usa Cost And Procedures by MrFox1(m): 2:52pm On Oct 15, 2014
Hello house please i need your advice and its kind of urgent. My sister is planning to have her baby in the USA early next year and she is yet to get the visa. she is already in touch with the hospital she wants to use over there and hey are willing to give her a letter to the embassy as long as she pays part of her hospital and Dr fees, that means she will tell them at the embassy she is going to have a baby since she will get a letter. Her questions are:
1.what should she fill on d DS-160 form as visa type? B1/B2
2.Does she need a letter of invite from the person she will be staying with, if yes what should the letter state.

Thanks so much for ur reply
Re: Give Birth In The Usa Cost And Procedures by megastu(m): 5:50pm On Oct 16, 2014
Did we loose all previous info on this thread?

(1) (Reply)

Which Ethnic Group Produce The Best Husbands / When Does A Woman Become A Liability? / BAD Parenting:black Lady With Her Baby Twerking In The Bedroom.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.