Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,931 members, 7,828,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog (6207 Views)

Landers! My Girlfriend Needs Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 05, 2011
[size=15pt]It's definitely got an infection. You need to change vets coz the one you're seeing obviously doesn't know what's wrong with it. Then you have to watch what you feed it with. Some dogs are allergic to some type of food. Check for chemical reactions and stuff. You really need to pay attention to it.
I just love puppies. Chihuahua's are my fav.
[/size]
Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by Sammiejo: 5:45pm On Mar 05, 2011
@ Poster .
First u need to fix some glucose in water and get the dog to drink it. afterwards prepare the meal and force the dog to eat it.

Put the food in the mouth and close it until it swallows.
Make sure it does not vomit the food.
Just make sure it takes in a sizeable amount of food.

One of my dogs once exhibited those symptoms and having lost one before in a similar fashion  I made sure there was no repeat.

By the time I forced the dog to eat for 2 days, she understood that she must eat no matter what.

Now she is okay and everyone is happy.
I also gave her Septrin suspension for 3 days plus multivitamins.

I hope this helps you.
Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by Pharoh: 6:17pm On Mar 05, 2011
I have contacted a friend who trains dog as well so he will be coming here to give you some advice.
Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by leuelliot(m): 6:31pm On Mar 05, 2011
Sell it before its too late grin lipsrsealed
Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by lordbayor(m): 6:44pm On Mar 05, 2011
pls i need your advice on what to do. my 4months old dog has not eaten for 3days now, the only thing he does is to drink alot of water, vomit & stool. the worst part is the stool & the vomit has a very offensive odor. i have taken him to a vet-doctor on three different occasions, all he does is to inject him and assure me that he's going to be ok. but my pupple is getting weaker by the day. i cant afford to lose him. what do i do pls.

now this kind of sickness is always common among Alsatian dogs,where by the stool, they don't eat, and they get real weaker well there are always solution, i will be telling you this from experience, because not all Vet in Nigeria are real vet, some are just dog trainer and they feel they are Dog or animal Vet. so before i proceed they following should be looked out in your dog.

The eyes (if it red or white)
where the dog like to ly down at (warm or cold) area
how often does the dog drink water
what is the mixtures of the feces of the dog (that is does it contain some lil blood or it just looks so brownish)
and also, how long does it takes the food which you give to him in before he throw ups,

Now if the eyes of the dog is getting whiter then the dog is in lost of blood, so this is what you have to do,
1. you stop giving the dog water, you replace it with milk
2. the dog need more protein for energy so u give the dog more of fish and this you most mach the fish that is pieces it
3. Go get dog de-wormer because it is as a result of that that makes the dog to throw up,
4. and then always avoid the dog from sleeping in very warm place , because you have to remember that the weather also play some role on dog adaptation

after this , always try and notice the changes or development in the dog, because with that then you can start giving the dog more JOJO and also then add vitamin C into it's syrups ,

Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by Seum(f): 7:22pm On Mar 05, 2011
Dog ke? Na wa oh
Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 05, 2011
if he drinks water. then he is healthy
Your dog has eaten something. maybe a sharp object or plastic
it has definitely blocked his digestive tract.

take ur dog for an Xray b4 it's too late.
Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by squino(m): 9:08pm On Mar 05, 2011
my dog ate what?
Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by squino(m): 9:11pm On Mar 05, 2011
my dog ate what?
Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by GP15: 9:54pm On Mar 05, 2011
HIV test would not be a bad idea ohh, just saying
Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by mamagee3(f): 9:55pm On Mar 05, 2011
GP15:

HIV test would not be a bad idea ohh,  just saying
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by blackweaver(m): 11:32pm On Mar 05, 2011
has the dog been given anti rabies, anti-distemper shots? but you definitely do need to change your vet
Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by arsenal4va(m): 10:08am On Mar 06, 2011
Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by roymary: 12:55pm On Mar 06, 2011
GP15:

HIV test would not be a bad idea ohh,  just saying

I wonder o!  Tell these two legged dogs a person is sick, they would not show this love and concern.  undecided
Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by Somatic(m): 2:04pm On Mar 06, 2011
Apparently the DRILL left a crater in ZIM's head, hence the muddled thots. A case study of reason gone with the wind.
@Poster, wish u well wth ur dog. Hp he gets better soon.
Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by poseidon12: 4:59pm On Mar 06, 2011
OP,
I will suggest you deworm the dog with the appropriate dose of a deworming tablet( usually a combination of praziquantel, pyrantel pamoate, and febendazole). You will get this from a vet.

I will also suggest you give appropriate dose of a broad spectrum antibiotic (a good one that i use for my dog is amoxicillin, either the capsule or suspension). Dosing is according to the weight of the dog once or twice daily. I use once daily for my dog since he eats once a day. works perfectly well for him.

I hope your dog makes it. As someone said earlier,in Nigeria, not all the people running a vet are trained veterinarians. Make sure you are dealing with a qualified vet.

Also try to deworm your dog regularly. I will suggest about every 4 months.
Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by Sijo01(f): 6:12pm On Mar 06, 2011
n.landers it has happend o. my dog is dead! a quark vet has killed my scolfield.
Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by roymary: 6:26pm On Mar 06, 2011
OMG!!! Really? sad
Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by Sijo01(f): 7:20pm On Mar 06, 2011
@roymary. yah, i lost him. ll upload his photo's soon.
Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by roymary: 7:23pm On Mar 06, 2011
sad sad sad
Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by arsenal4va(m): 7:24pm On Mar 06, 2011
so sry to hear sad sad sad
Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by drious(m): 7:32pm On Mar 06, 2011
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
see this life ohhh,i dey laugh 5 seconds ago because of some stupid posts,just to come down to see the dog is dead
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

may his perfect soul rest in peace

Drious.X.Scorpes
Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by benimeogu(f): 11:26pm On Mar 06, 2011
To
Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by 2gd: 1:49am On Mar 07, 2011
Have you ever vaccinated your dog against Parvo viral infection(Vaccine name is DHLPP)?
Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by 2gd: 1:53am On Mar 07, 2011
Oh, ignore my previous post. I did not read thru all the responses to your 1st question.

I just re-read now and found that your dog is dead. You can disinfect the area where the dog used to stay .If you have other dogs, try to get them checked up with a vet and get their vaccinations up to date
Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by 2gd: 1:55am On Mar 07, 2011
IF it is Parvo your dog had, then you can't really blame the vet. There is no treatment for it per se. One can only support the dog with antibiotics- which don't kill the virus, but prevent other infections from complicating the issue- and intravenous fluids (drip) and hope that the dog survives it.
Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by nj11(f): 7:04am On Mar 07, 2011
The chances of survival is very slim, My puppy suffered same thing, took him every vet i knew, but he didn't make it. Hope your puppy makes it.
Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by Sijo01(f): 8:24am On Mar 07, 2011
i thank u all for ur various advice & smpathy. for d dog, i did verything d vet asked me to do(vaccination), i'v even given him anti rabis, d DHLPP was given too him wen he was already close to death.

as for feeding dat was never a problem, i was feeding him well. he eat white rice with fish or meat pepper soup, fried rice/salad, jojo, pawpaw, carriot, ice cream, biscult even eba & pounded yam. infact he eat anytin i eat. dats d most painful part of it, once he see's me wit a plate of food, he will keep crying until i giv him his own share.

RIP SCOLFIELD.
Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by Sijo01(f): 8:38am On Mar 07, 2011
some of his pic.
Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by roymary: 8:39am On Mar 07, 2011
^^^^

Its not showing.
Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by Sijo01(f): 8:47am On Mar 07, 2011
some of his pic.

Re: Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog by roymary: 8:53am On Mar 07, 2011
Wow! Now you gonna make me cry sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of The Stretch Marks On My Body / Help Me Please: My Mother Is Becoming Abnormal / Sex Gets Better With Moringa Leaf Extract

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.