Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

There Is Nothing Like Heaven Or Hell - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Is Nothing Like Heaven Or Hell (422 Views)

If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? / What Goes To Heaven Or Hell, Is It Body,soul Or Spirit. / Where Will Mad People Go To When They Die: Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is Nothing Like Heaven Or Hell by Curious345: 7:19am On Oct 11, 2020
Very sad indeed.
We are in a very bad situation, the world is now upside down,

Heaven and hell are now a forgotten lexicon in our daily routine. We now scuff and laugh at people who try to remember us of the existence of both.

What could be the reason ?
Why have we forgotten? Actions we take these days do not come under the scrutiny of heaven or hell?

We steal ,sex, kill, Yahoo, olosho, cheat, curse and corrupt without considering if it will pass a heaven or hell test?

Some have benchmarked their heaven and hell race or pursuit Based on what their pastors or imams told them , like PAY TITHE AND MAKE HEAVEN, DON'T PAY TOTHE AND MAKE HELL? and many more .......

We every day think we can cheat God and the Devil? We feel we are wiser than our creator....

What brought humanity this low?
Who did this to her ?

If we dont reverse we will all perish

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing Like Heaven Or Hell by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:22am On Oct 11, 2020
Nice.
Re: There Is Nothing Like Heaven Or Hell by Myer(m): 7:31am On Oct 11, 2020
Heaven and hell was invented to give people some level of conscience because there are some crimes that no amount of punishment seems fair enough.
Imagine some one like Hitler who masterminded the murder of millions of Jews. What punishment could seem fair for such crime?

The irony is that there's no proof of either heaven or hell other than the fact that they are mentioned in the bible, today and Koran.

Other religions don't even share the same sentiments. When a person dies, that's the end of it.

Before the advent of christianity and islam in Nigeria, our ancestors had their beliefs too which did not involve any heaven or hell.

What you see today is just like the bible said, there is a major falling away from biblical beliefs because over time people have come to find that it is not realistic.
There are those who had given their lives and service to biblical doctrines but ended up with nothing to point as their gain. In fact there is no difference between a devout Christian or muslim and an unbeliever.
Every one goes through the same challenges in life and occasional bouts of luck which cannot be attributed to anything other than fate.

So the idea that some people no longer believe in heaven or hell is not even novel but has been like that over the years. You should google the several times that people have been hoodwinked into donating all their property to the church all in the name of these end times preachers.

2 Likes

Re: There Is Nothing Like Heaven Or Hell by tobechi74: 7:33am On Oct 11, 2020
Ok
Re: There Is Nothing Like Heaven Or Hell by bmdthemix: 7:36am On Oct 11, 2020
okay

MEANWHILE, ARE YOU AN ARTIST? CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: There Is Nothing Like Heaven Or Hell by Curious345: 7:48am On Oct 11, 2020
But there is God, right?
Myer:
Heaven and hell was invented to give people some level of conscience because there are some crimes that no amount of punishment seems fair enough.
Imagine some one like Hitler who masterminded the murder of millions of Jews. What punishment could seem fair for such crime?

The irony is that there's no proof of either heaven or hell other than the fact that they are mentioned in the bible, today and Koran.

Other religions don't even share the same sentiments. When a person dies, that's the end of it.

Before the advent of christianity and islam in Nigeria, our ancestors had their beliefs too which did not involve any heaven or hell.

What you see today is just like the bible said, there is a major falling away from biblical beliefs because over time people have come to find that it is not realistic.
There are those who had given their lives and service to biblical doctrines but ended up with nothing to point as their gain. In fact there is no difference between a devout Christian or muslim and an unbeliever.
Every one goes through the same challenges in life and occasional bouts of luck which cannot be attributed to anything other than fate.

So the idea that some people no longer believe in heaven or hell is not even novel but has been like that over the years. You should google the several times that people have been hoodwinked into donating all their property to the church all in the name of these end times preachers.
Re: There Is Nothing Like Heaven Or Hell by AyewohGospel: 7:53am On Oct 11, 2020
Truth be told I respect your point of view. I am not an atheist and at the same time I don't even know what I truly believe Anymore. I go to church on Sundays and cry every time the worship comes on, promising myself to not go back to my old ways Still I end up The same way I was before I go to church. Am I evil ?
Re: There Is Nothing Like Heaven Or Hell by psucc(m): 8:15am On Oct 11, 2020
Curious345:
But there is God, right?
Baba, you get time. Some posts do not deserve response. That's his choice that heaven and hell were inventions to deter crime. Fine and good! Let him live with it.

If he actually knows that it was a coy to deter crime involvement, was it not a good one? At least it helps the individual to keep away from troubles that those who don't believe got entangled with.

But for us who believe, it is the power of God unto salvation. May God perfect our belief in Him so we can make heaven at last in Jesus name Amen.
Re: There Is Nothing Like Heaven Or Hell by elated177: 9:46am On Oct 11, 2020
Everything is going according to the plan and will of the Father in heaven. The Word of Yahveh Almighty will not fail.

Matthew 24:

10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other,

11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold,

13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.

John 15:

22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. 24 If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. 25 But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’

Revelation 22:

11 Let the one who does wrong continue to do wrong; let the vile person continue to be vile; let the one who does right continue to do right; and let the holy person continue to be holy.”

2 Timothy 4:

3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.
Re: There Is Nothing Like Heaven Or Hell by apstpaulg(m): 11:08am On Oct 11, 2020
Before we go haywire on the subject...
Pls, some things (in biblical context) we actually indoctrinate ourselves with or idolize, they where only PARABLES, not theoretical (literal), as we take them.
Try to ask further or critizes wisely by calling me directly.

Apostle Paul Eshiet
Re: There Is Nothing Like Heaven Or Hell by psucc(m): 12:18pm On Oct 11, 2020
apstpaulg:
Before we go haywire on the subject...
Pls, some things (in biblical context) we actually indoctrinate ourselves with or idolize, they where only PARABLES, not theoretical (literal), as we take them.
Try to ask further or critizes wisely by calling me directly.

Apostle Paul Eshiet
Nobody is calling you. Put whatever you have here. The bone of contention here is the subject of Heaven and Hell. What do you have to say here?

Let's read here?
Re: There Is Nothing Like Heaven Or Hell by sonmvayina(m): 1:08pm On Oct 11, 2020
AyewohGospel:
Truth be told I respect your point of view. I am not an atheist and at the same time I don't even know what I truly believe Anymore. I go to church on Sundays and cry every time the worship comes on, promising myself to not go back to my old ways Still I end up The same way I was before I go to church. Am I evil ?

No,your not...you are just being a human ..nah God create us say if we see naked woman,make our prick stand...it is your choice whether to Bleep or not..

Just take time to think things through before making any decision..especially when another person is involved.
Re: There Is Nothing Like Heaven Or Hell by Curious345: 3:21pm On Oct 11, 2020
sonmvayina:

No,your not...you are just being a human ..nah God create us say if we see naked woman,make our prick stand...it is your choice whether to Bleep or not..

Just take time to think things through before making any decision..especially when another person is involved.
huhn
Re: There Is Nothing Like Heaven Or Hell by sonmvayina(m): 3:43pm On Oct 11, 2020
Curious345:
huhn

What do you not understand..
Re: There Is Nothing Like Heaven Or Hell by Dtruthspeaker: 4:03am On Oct 12, 2020
AyewohGospel:

Do you do Any Wickedness?

Then, you know the answer to your question "Are you evil?"

(1) (Reply)

The Indaboski Bombshell Prophesied About The Protests And Unrest / Watch What This Ghanian Pastor Said About Buhari And Nigeria / ABEJOYE, A Movie By Mount Zion Takes Over #1 And #2 Trending On Youtube

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.