Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? (14764 Views)

When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? / Apostle Kenneth Kenny Kills A Dog, Eats It Raw In Church And Feeds Members / Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by nautybride: 10:39am On Oct 11, 2020
If you go blank while leading the worship, it's a spiritual attack. Leading the worship should be in spirit and should bring forth divine atmosphere.

3 Likes

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by MASTERMIND04(m): 10:40am On Oct 11, 2020
Duru9:

Because you were busy thinking about the lady shaking ass
Lol
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by luckgood(m): 10:52am On Oct 11, 2020
Offpoint1:
Lolgrin
Guity as hell, the trick is to keep them singing the last song in your head, ginger them, tell them to sing it like they mean it... Until you could remember the next song.

Remembering next song is not always the problem, the song that will follow the keys and drums is the wahalagrin

There was a day I nearly switched to P'square "Oga police o, wetin bin dis o..." just because I was trying to recalled "Oga Jesus, you dey sweet me my Belle, you do good for me, you dey make me wonder o"

Since after lockdown to go church don tire me because my church decided to online. Now I just live stream at home.

grin

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by MoneyTrees(m): 10:54am On Oct 11, 2020
Ah swear grin grin grin
When I keep telling them to smoke more weed, they don't wanna listen to me. how can you go blank while singing... That's symptoms of temporary loss of memory or lack of focus...the shit ain't any spiritual thing.
Smoke Mali kush, Jumbo size, 2 wraps, 3 times a day
Have you ever heard the great Bob Marley or Burnaboy go blank while singing?
Those are real niggarz, not Pvssy ass niggarrr people
Don't say I am not Holy for telling you this Gospel Truth on a Sunday morning
I had to set aside my Jumbo sized Mali kush to enlighten you cos Jesus said
Love your neighbor as yourself, ain't no law greater than that grin
All prophets of all religions approve Mali Kush.....TAKE NOTE wink cheesy

TheWalkingMind:
This thread has no value.
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Zeuslord(m): 10:56am On Oct 11, 2020
mine was at a family meeting. you know those kinda songs that require two claps rhythm and others that requires three?
I was just mixing all like that. my cousin pity me sha and came to my rescue.

3 Likes

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by MoneyTrees(m): 11:01am On Oct 11, 2020
Damn niggarrrr.... grin
What's Spiritual attack, you ain't done with #End_SARS & you're going to disturb the spirits, the spirits ain't gonna attack any one except you fail to smoke a jumbo sized Mali kush atleast once a day everyday

If you fail to heed my advice, then you're among em pvssy ass niggarrr people
Quote me to prove I'm right please grin grin cheesy

nautybride:
If you go blank while leading the worship, it's a spiritual attack. Leading the worship should be in spirit and should bring forth divine atmosphere.

1 Like

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by PROPHETmichael: 11:11am On Oct 11, 2020
2cuteoflyfe:
Lolz this was me way back when I was still like the lead tenor singer in my church choir! grin [b]well but now Omo boy dosent even go to church anymore! Hustling has made us enter stree[/b]t fully! God gat us though undecided

Don't be a Demas and don't wait until you start paying bills on the street like the prodigal son b4 you remember your father's house.

1 Like

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Dbarrzx: 11:13am On Oct 11, 2020
gunners160:
ur own beta. Mine was worst. I happened to be a Member of a musical band in School back then. So one day the band coordinator decided to make some changes and brought out a rule that every musical band member must sing on Sunday most especially those of us in charge of musical instrument. When it got to my turn, we rehearsed together but I was called upon and next thing one fear just enter me I started singing rubbish but I still try small since na rehearsal. I told the band leader that I can't perform before the congregation he should please let me be but he refused . So on Sunday came, omo kan see how I dress. Wore my best cloth and waiting to be called upon for praise. Immediately time for praise start, na so I start to dey shout and sing off beat. Stage fright wan kill me even though I try to compose myself and continue but stage fright wont let me be. Na one girl save me collect micro phone for my hand and I kan become back up singer. Shame catch me through out that semester I stopped being a band member since then
guy ur band leader no try...that one na set up...sorry na ur surname for that period...lol

1 Like

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Apktotheworld: 11:29am On Oct 11, 2020
rymesgentility:
Bro , if you actually lead praises in church and this happened .. and your asking why !! Then you not worthy of leading praises on the alter of God , Go pray and ask God why that happened... praises goes with pure and dedicated mind, you will even be carried away why praising God .. so why went blank.. you should rather be looking for God’s face why that happened.. rather than you creating this thread...
Hmmn!! Hmnn!! I hail o.
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by MzTunechi(f): 11:29am On Oct 11, 2020
Kalatium:
Have You Ever led a song in church and you went blank?

This happened to me within the week. I was leading praises and worship only for me to go blank.

I made them continue singing "we have come to draw, draw, draw... Draw from you again " for 10minutes telling them to sing from their heart whereas i actually went blank . I actually can’t remember any song.

Share your experience.
Leemao grin grin
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by bigcee(m): 11:33am On Oct 11, 2020
gunners160:
ur own beta. Mine was worst. I happened to be a Member of a musical band in School back then. So one day the band coordinator decided to make some changes and brought out a rule that every musical band member must sing on Sunday most especially those of us in charge of musical instrument. When it got to my turn, we rehearsed together but I was called upon and next thing one fear just enter me I started singing rubbish but I still try small since na rehearsal. I told the band leader that I can't perform before the congregation he should please let me be but he refused . So on Sunday came, omo kan see how I dress. Wore my best cloth and waiting to be called upon for praise. Immediately time for praise start, na so I start to dey shout and sing off beat. Stage fright wan kill me even though I try to compose myself and continue but stage fright wont let me be. Na one girl save me collect micro phone for my hand and I kan become back up singer. Shame catch me through out that semester I stopped being a band member since then
lwkmd

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Grizzly20: 11:34am On Oct 11, 2020
Come on now...
OP was busy drawing his song that he forgot the next song to sing. Lol! As for me I nor dey sing sha.
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by bigcee(m): 11:40am On Oct 11, 2020
Offpoint1:
Lolgrin
Guity as hell, the trick is to keep them singing the last song in your head, ginger them, tell them to sing it like they mean it... Until you could remember the next song.

Remembering next song is not always the problem, the song that will follow the keys and drums is the wahalagrin

There was a day I nearly switched to P'square "Oga police o, wetin bin dis o..." just because I was trying to recalled "Oga Jesus, you dey sweet me my Belle, you do good for me, you dey make me wonder o"

Since after lockdown to go church don tire me because my church decided to online. Now I just live stream at home.
lmao grin
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 11, 2020
This usually happens when the chorus leader fornicates with a member of the choir, go and confess to the congregation.
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by toprealman: 11:51am On Oct 11, 2020
Some things are better left alone. If you are not called to sing, why embarass yourself?
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by CsRockefeller(m): 12:04pm On Oct 11, 2020
Mine was a spoken word event at a church I was invited to minister to. After strolling in easily with my words for the first 2 minutes I suddenly went blank, I was staring at the audience as they stared back at me. I quickly apologized for the break in communication and started over again, this time finishing well.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by lereinter(m): 12:09pm On Oct 11, 2020
Going blank

Experienced it in a test
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Slimsly100(f): 12:13pm On Oct 11, 2020
I've never gone blank while leading praise and worship.
I don't pray to experience it. Very embarrassing something grin

2 Likes

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by ElexObi1: 12:15pm On Oct 11, 2020
Thequeeen:
Wo very well grin grin I was now using style to say “everybody pray in the Holy Ghost” because I no remember any song to sing again
laff wan kill me here ooo
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by nemynely(m): 12:21pm On Oct 11, 2020
Kalatium:
Have You Ever led a song in church and you went blank?

This happened to me within the week. I was leading praises and worship only for me to go blank.

I made them continue singing "we have come to draw, draw, draw... Draw from you again " for 10minutes telling them to sing from their heart whereas i actually went blank . I actually can’t remember any song.

Share your experience.

Are you a learner? Just burst into tongues and command all man to "wọ́ inú ẹ̀mí" grin

1 Like

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by davididenyi(m): 12:25pm On Oct 11, 2020
You see your life
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 11, 2020
[s][/s]
Evilgenuis:
Yes, I did go blank leading a song in the coven angry angry angry
davididenyi:
You see your life
Evilgenuis:
Yes, I did go blank leading a song in the coven angry angry angry
rubbish
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Ojugunrege(f): 12:31pm On Oct 11, 2020
grin grin
I didn't go blank. I was afraid I would, that the songs I had rehearsed may run out before the alloted time. So I decided to extend the opening worship prayer. Na so i was praying o until someone came to touch me and said Sister, Pastor said you should start singing embarassed
By the time I was done, I was all sweaty and shaky embarassed embarassed I was so embarrassed I stuck to back-up till I left
that church.

The Pastor did not forget to mention the chorister who fell into a prayer trance while leading praise and worship grin cheesy in the next workers' meeting.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by ofiko123(m): 12:38pm On Oct 11, 2020
I have never led a song in church shikena..
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by deebrain(m): 1:19pm On Oct 11, 2020
Unlike this generation of "artists" where its all about effissy..., learn never to look at taking praise and worship in your churches as entertainment or avenue to display skill or creativity.

Look at it as ministering.

If you look at it like that, just like a dedicated pastor will go on days of fasting, prayer and study just to deliver a 45 minutes message on Sunday, so will you as a praise worship leader do for that 10 or 20 minutes you have.

You will never go blank if you do.

Thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Chimeluv(f): 1:26pm On Oct 11, 2020
No lipsrsealed
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by mamajaz(f): 1:32pm On Oct 11, 2020
Chanchit:

Like seriously?! How can you go blank for 10mins. If I follow you draw for like three minutes, na to sidon dey look una o. why we go draw for 10mins.

Nah to continue drawing nah when the containers you brought to the well never full, you must draw.
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by naitea12: 1:33pm On Oct 11, 2020
OK
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by harmony75: 1:35pm On Oct 11, 2020
most times I will thinking the next song the next song ���� some times someone in the congregation would save ��� in all God's name is glorified � I just came back from church happy Sundayyyyy how was your service? God bless you!
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Dammy30(m): 1:42pm On Oct 11, 2020
call for more information

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? / The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu / Release Of Semen While Sleeping, Does It Signifies You Have A Spiritual Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.