Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? (8424 Views)

Bill Wiese: 'I Died & Went To Hell' (23 Questions About Hell) / Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? / Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by insidelife22(m): 7:05am On Nov 12, 2023
Good morning Fellow brethren, I was born in a very religious family, when I was small I enjoyed attending church. I sometimes even slept in the church (back then it was allowed by our church).

In 2010 I went to stay with one of my aunts, she was Catholic, so I started attending Catholic Church with her. Then in 2014 I left and have been staying on my own since then.

To be honest I have not been to Church more than five times, the last time I went to church was in July 2018, don't know why but that's just it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by AbuTwins: 7:20am On Nov 12, 2023
Wetin dm dey do there?

24 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 12, 2023
Na only burial and wedding (if I dey men in suit) dey carry me enter church.

22 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by ReacherSaidNoth: 8:48am On Nov 12, 2023
About 4-5 times in the last ten years. Last time was in 2021 for my niece's dedication, the experience was traumatizing with the loud speakers and all round chaotic nature of service. Some nuts will have to be loose in my head before I put myself through that again.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by Bluezy13(m): 9:28am On Nov 12, 2023
I'm not ready for noise and drama.
Watching mature and "sane" people put up an act in the name of worshipping some god is traumatizing.

31 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by StrikeBack(m): 9:31am On Nov 12, 2023
October 2021

4 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by Freedom4us: 9:36am On Nov 12, 2023
From the time my eyes open that RCCG na scam & Adeboye na biggest scammer

44 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by Northernblood8(m): 9:37am On Nov 12, 2023
This morning . Jesus is the only way, the truth and life, No one comes to the father except through him.

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by umpire1st(m): 9:37am On Nov 12, 2023
E don dey go four years now

9 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by spencekat(m): 9:37am On Nov 12, 2023
I am in the church now

18 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by Chibuzoc(m): 9:37am On Nov 12, 2023
grin I don forget, but I remember when assemblies of god de fight even with gun for church

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by Kelvinnchucks(m): 9:38am On Nov 12, 2023
It's beginning to become clearer to the average nigerian that going to church day and night technically doesn't change anything.

You go to church because you "Want" something from "God". Then you try to bribe him to favour you quicker with tithes and offerings. Once those "needs" are met another "want" comes up, and since "wants" are insatiable you'll keep going back with needs.

Anyone that's going because they truly love God unconditionally and not because they need something from him should be the only one going to church.

The rest of you will join me in he'll if it exists.
P.s My autocorrect doesn't even recognize it

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by iCauseTrouble: 9:38am On Nov 12, 2023
2019 was the last time I went to church. I have been using my Sundays for more productive things.
Like now, I am on my laptop working.

19 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by ZACHIE: 9:38am On Nov 12, 2023
There is no pride in this.

Asking backsliders to come and celebrate their churchlessness is a sin.

Poop on tread!

5 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by Nazgul45(m): 9:38am On Nov 12, 2023
Na inside church i dey reply his thread

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by Nahunger(m): 9:38am On Nov 12, 2023
Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by m4n: 9:39am On Nov 12, 2023
I go to church every Sundays and Wednesdays

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by CalabarPikin: 9:39am On Nov 12, 2023
2 months ago...

Mama won't be happy

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by MrPOTUS: 9:40am On Nov 12, 2023
Today, glory to God!

4 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by Davoneskay(m): 9:40am On Nov 12, 2023
Last year September. In fact, I was pastoring a church back then, but not going to church anymore.

12 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by omoyankee3(m): 9:41am On Nov 12, 2023
Four years ago

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by IPDGP: 9:41am On Nov 12, 2023
Am in church
Representing Church of Christ

4 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:42am On Nov 12, 2023
E Don reach two months or more self, God pity me

3 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by emmy512: 9:43am On Nov 12, 2023
Jan 12, 2012

6 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by 24kmagik: 9:43am On Nov 12, 2023

5 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by Franzinni: 9:43am On Nov 12, 2023
Jesus didn't go to church .... Religion is a drug, you have direct connection to your God, you don't need to go to a building to surround yourself with individuals bursting at the brim with self deception, dedicating 1 day of the week to gather together and act like they are righteous only for them to return to the life of perpetual sin... Remember the bible says your rather be HOT or be cold ... If you are lukewarm God will spit you out ... It's unfortunate the large majority of christians are lukewarm. Sunday Sunday medicine.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by Triangles1(m): 9:44am On Nov 12, 2023
Everytime I remember there's God that's my church.

6 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by IamAtAnger: 9:44am On Nov 12, 2023
Crossover night of every year... na only God sabi who dey truly worship him, no be by going to Church.. hypocrites full churches

10 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by danowena: 9:44am On Nov 12, 2023
Pre-covid

3 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by uncleck: 9:45am On Nov 12, 2023
I can't really say. It's been more than a decade I attended with my heart, it's been perfunctory. I don't think I've attended since after my NYSC in 2018

3 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by blingxx(m): 9:45am On Nov 12, 2023
Not a Christian.. But been like 8years now since I enter mosque only eid (salah) and jumat once in a year or so undecided... Make I no talk my views on religion this days sha lipsrsealed all na the same

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by chieveboy(m): 9:46am On Nov 12, 2023
I stopped being a "Christian" entirely.

I now study ECKANKAR.

I am now closer to Christ and the Holy Spirit which is called "ECK" in Eckankar than I ever was in this lifetime.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith / Living Faith Pastors That Hav Stayed Over Seven Years Asked To Go. / Checkout Bishop David Oyedepo’s Luxurious House, Cars And Private Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.