Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

An Honest Opinion About ASUU; (The Selfish Association) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Honest Opinion About ASUU; (The Selfish Association) (723 Views)

Bowen University Jokes About ASUU Strikes / Our Leaders No Longer Bother About ASUU Strike But 2023 Elections – NANS / UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Honest Opinion About ASUU; (The Selfish Association) by jaeyking(m): 10:07am On Oct 11, 2020
Mr President says get on the IPPIS platform or get nothing and for me, Mr President is right. ASUU should restrategize and get her priorities right. They can't be fighting for students, fighting for parents and fighting for themselves at the same time.
The IPPIS is intended to check the excesses of Nigerian lecturers who work in 2 to 4 universities. I am a lecturer working in just one university so tell me, why should I be afraid of IPPIS?
FG wants to increase school fees, ASUU will go on strike to fight it. Why not allow them increase the school fees and let students from all over the country protest? The matter would just solve itself given its tendency to escalate into full blown violence.
Given the recent happenings in the country, the probability of such protests relapsing into full scale violence is 100% and government would not want that. If you ask me, FG is even more afraid of students than lecturers.
If FG says work in only one university, then let all adjunct, contract and sabbatical lecturers withdraw their services and go to their domiciliary institutions. That way, the unclothedness of the many new universities the FGN has created without adequate lecturers will be exposed. The FG will either hire new hands urgently or the universities will be shut down. That matter too can resolve itself.
ASUU should stop agitating for better hostels for students. Students pay money for these services to the FG and they have a stronger ground to demand for what they paid for, not lecturers. ASUU keeps fighting for what they call "revitalization funds" (I don't know what that means if you ask me). My question is, does ASUU have any active supervision over how such monies are to be expended by Governing councils of universities or Vice chancellors, bursars and other big men in the university management? Will they sit at table when juicy contracts flowing from such funds will be given? The answer is No.
So why do you decide to go hungry, your salaries withheld, subjecting your self and dependants to hardship over monies that will be expended without your inputs or any form of supervision whatsoever? Meanwhile those that will receive the alert when this money lands are still receiving their salaries. This whole drama doesn't make sense to me.
ASUU should trim its demands to members' welfare and stop carrying a scary baggage of demands around. It is a trade union for God's sake.
The exco are enjoying the union dues while we are suffering please wake up and think with your head and not your heart put bread on the table for you and your family.
Let's put away this hypocritical togther of altruism. Everybody's problem cannot be your problem unless you want to die before your time.

I AM IN SUPPORT OF EVERY WORD OF IT.
PLEASE ALLOW AS TO MOVE ON ASUU
WRITTEN By Darty Emmanuel
Re: An Honest Opinion About ASUU; (The Selfish Association) by mhmsadyq(m): 10:47am On Oct 11, 2020
Before we fault ASUU, we should have all the facts regarding welfare of their members.

Things are not as rossy...

1 Like

Re: An Honest Opinion About ASUU; (The Selfish Association) by Localemperor: 11:01am On Oct 11, 2020
If I was Buhari, I will put in motion a motive to sack all the striking lecturers. ASUU own don dey too much. "He who can hire, Can fire".

1 Like

Re: An Honest Opinion About ASUU; (The Selfish Association) by SILVERLINES: 11:01am On Oct 11, 2020
Mr lecturer I guess you are not proper informed about Integrated Payroll and Personal Information System (IPPIS) design by the federal government and its dealings. It's not about preventing lecturers working more than two universities as you said in your post, but IPPIS also strips them off their allowances they entitled. Moreover, the members of the federal and state legislators and government officials are looting the nation, ghost workers on government salaries payroll are the norms of the day, then, why the lectures who contributed intellectual to the future generations and wellness of the nation been forced on IPPIS when others junks in the national assemblies are getting bigger. If IPPIS must stay, then, let in be indoctrinated into all federal, state government parastatals and agencies.

1 Like

Re: An Honest Opinion About ASUU; (The Selfish Association) by paulolee(m): 11:39am On Oct 11, 2020
DTS ur opinion....if u av a friend or close person in aksu, u wud understand better
Re: An Honest Opinion About ASUU; (The Selfish Association) by jaeyking(m): 1:18pm On Oct 11, 2020
SILVERLINES:
Mr lecturer I guess you are not proper informed about Integrated Payroll and Personal Information System (IPPIS) design by the federal government and its dealings. It's not about preventing lecturers working more than two universities as you said in your post, but IPPIS also strips them off their allowances they entitled. Moreover, the members of the federal and state legislators and government officials are looting the nation, ghost workers on government salaries payroll are the norms of the day, then, why the lectures who contributed intellectual to the future generations and wellness of the nation been forced on IPPIS when others junks in the national assemblies are getting bigger. If IPPIS must stay, then, let in be indoctrinated into all federal, state government parastatals and agencies.

IPPIS doesn't strip anyone of his or her allowance.
Its included in your pay.
The nigeria paramilitary are making use of IPPIS.
i can only say the CBN and NNPC are yet to be enrolled

1 Like

Re: An Honest Opinion About ASUU; (The Selfish Association) by akande115: 1:49pm On Oct 11, 2020
jaeyking:

Then why have they ( CBN, NNPC) not been enrolled. Can't the government reach a compromise with ASUU. Especially now that UTAS is available.
Re: An Honest Opinion About ASUU; (The Selfish Association) by Godasco: 2:14pm On Oct 11, 2020
Moreover, I keep wondering, what happens during accreditation exercise?.
Why is it that during accreditation, everything will be alright, all facilities are completed and everything is ok.
But after that, 'we don't have facilities', we need revitalization etc.becomes the headlines. WHAT HAPPENS DURING ACCREDITATION??. This goes to say that VICE CHANCELLORS and the likes are one of the major germs in the Nigeria education system.
Re: An Honest Opinion About ASUU; (The Selfish Association) by somehow: 6:03pm On Oct 11, 2020
akande115:

Then why have they ( CBN, NNPC) not been enrolled. Can't the government reach a compromise with ASUU. Especially now that UTAS is available.

Why did you ignore the other 2 that are already enrolled but picked the 2 that are not?

The other 2 that have enrolled do not generate funds for the FG.

CBN and NNPC generate funds for the govt and can comfortably pay their staff from their revenue.

Can universities or ASUU pay their staff from their revenue?

Does ASUU or even the universities generate funds for the FG? Can they even sustain themselves like the NNPC and CBN?
Re: An Honest Opinion About ASUU; (The Selfish Association) by CyberHustle: 6:09pm On Oct 11, 2020
I think the ASUU demands apply mostly to federal schools and the state should be able to start working.
Re: An Honest Opinion About ASUU; (The Selfish Association) by jaeyking(m): 11:56pm On Oct 11, 2020
Godasco:
Moreover, I keep wondering, what happens during accreditation exercise?.
Why is it that during accreditation, everything will be alright, all facilities are completed and everything is ok.
But after that, 'we don't have facilities', we need revitalization etc.becomes the headlines. WHAT HAPPENS DURING ACCREDITATION??. This goes to say that VICE CHANCELLORS and the likes are one of the major germs in the Nigeria education system.

thank You.
sams thing here i always wonder.
.they are complaining of over crowded classes.

whose fault??

NUC gives the number of students to be admitted based on infrastructure on ground but guess what greed Schools keep on over admitting students.
Re: An Honest Opinion About ASUU; (The Selfish Association) by 21cents: 9:57am On Oct 12, 2020
jaeyking:

thank You.
sams thing here i always wonder.
.they are complaining of over crowded classes.

whose fault??

NUC gives the number of students to be admitted based on infrastructure on ground but guess what greed Schools keep on over admitting students.
This is spot on.
they admit thousands of students because of monies those students will pay and teach them in overcrowded classes in the first year then make a mischievous law to weed out most of these students who didn't make 1.5GPA in their first year to reduce the crowd by more than half after the first year in school, and now they all have the nerve to complain about overcrowding and that public universities are in decay. the pay of Those students kicked out in year one don enta one chance and now in VC and Lecturer(s) pockets, now ASUU is acting the saint here claiming IPPIS isn't transparent. ASUU is as corrupt as anything reason I'm rooting for FG to pummel them real hard in this their Mischievous fights.
Re: An Honest Opinion About ASUU; (The Selfish Association) by jaeyking(m): 2:16pm On Oct 12, 2020
21cents:
This is spot on.
they admit thousands of students because of monies those students will pay and teach them in overcrowded classes in the first year then make a mischievous law to weed out most of these students who didn't make 1.5GPA in their first year to reduce the crowd by more than half after the first year in school, and now they all have the nerve to complain about overcrowding and that public universities are in decay. the pay of Those students kicked out in year one don enta one chance and now in VC and Lecturer(s) pockets, now ASUU is acting the saint here claiming IPPIS isn't transparent. ASUU is as corrupt as anything reason I'm rooting for FG to pummel them real hard in this their Mischievous fights.

Thank you brother.
issues of Infrastructure is not the business of ASUU, thats what TETFUND covers.

they said hostels.
we are paying for the hostels abi.

ASUU are thieves. Going on strike every year with nothing to show for it. Just a bunch of old men with old books trying to frustrate young adults lives
Re: An Honest Opinion About ASUU; (The Selfish Association) by symbianDON(m): 4:03pm On Oct 12, 2020
jaeyking:

IPPIS doesn't strip people of their pay so why has it taken IPPIS close to a year and the minimum wage arrears of workers in the tertiary institutions haven't been paid? And why are SSANU and NASU currently on warning strike to go on full blown strike soon? And I heard polytechnic workers have also given the government ultimatum. I don't believe all these other unions are also selfish. Let government give the deserved priority to the educational sector!

(1) (Reply)

Change Of Jamb Mobile Number Used For Registration / Scholarships Without IELTS Or TOEFL Requirements 2021 – Fully Funded / SIDE HUSTLE INTERSHIP 4.0!!!!! For Undergrad And Grads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.