Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Pay Ur Tithes, It's Very Important - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pay Ur Tithes, It's Very Important (400 Views)

Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) / ''Tithes And Offerings Don't Buy Jets'' - Apostle Anselm Madubuko / OAP Freeze's Biblical Misinformation On Collection Of Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pay Ur Tithes, It's Very Important by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 11, 2020
Dis Post Is Not 4 Everyone But Meant 4 Doze Who Believe In Tithing. If U Don't Want Things To Be Tight 4 U Financially As A Christian Endavour To Pay Ur Tithe No Matter How Little Ur Earning May Be. Bible Says My People Are Destroyed For Lack Of Knowledge. Don't Use All Ur Salary 4 Urself Without Paying Ur Tithe 4rm It. Dis Is Also One Of D Reasons Many Christians Av Financial Difficulties
Re: Pay Ur Tithes, It's Very Important by sonmvayina(m): 11:34am On Oct 11, 2020
To who ? Only Levite's where commanded to collect it since they did not receive any landed inheritance .it was to support them and the temple activities and the less privelidge in the society...it was a form of tax

1 Like

Re: Pay Ur Tithes, It's Very Important by Blabbermouth: 11:38am On Oct 11, 2020
Truvel, pay your tithe to me. I'm a qualified priest of the new covenant, and I will help you provoke the blessings of Abraham. grin

3 Likes

Re: Pay Ur Tithes, It's Very Important by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 11, 2020
sonmvayina:
To who ? Only Levite's where commanded to collect it since they did not receive any landed inheritance .it was to support them and the temple activities and the less privelidge in the society...it was a form of tax
To D Pastor Of D Church U Worship, Where U Are Fed D Word Of God.
Re: Pay Ur Tithes, It's Very Important by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 11, 2020
WinLABSstores:
What is the name of your church?
I'm asking for a reason...
Mfm.
Re: Pay Ur Tithes, It's Very Important by Kobojunkiee: 11:45am On Oct 11, 2020
Truvel:
Dis Post Is Not 4 Everyone But Meant 4 Doze Who Believe In Tithing. If U Don't Want Things To Be Tight 4 U Financially As A Christian Endavour To Pay Ur Tithe No Matter How Little Ur Earning May Be. Bible Says My People Are Destroyed For Lack Of Knowledge. Don't Use All Ur Salary 4 Urself Without Paying Ur Tithe 4rm It. Dis Is Also One Of D Reasons Many Christians Av Financial Difficulties
OLe!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pay Ur Tithes, It's Very Important by desiredhome: 11:51am On Oct 11, 2020
Truvel:

Mathew 23:23b why focusing on the less important thing and leaving the more important things which is LOVE, kindness, patient, contentment etc.....
Why using the people's money to build structures that have no positive impact on the people (members)?
Are things not already tight for Nigerians already? (Poverty capital of the world)?

1 Like

Re: Pay Ur Tithes, It's Very Important by desiredhome: 11:54am On Oct 11, 2020
Truvel:
Scammers....did you operate a church because of people's money? (Tithe and offerings)

1 Like

Re: Pay Ur Tithes, It's Very Important by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 11, 2020
I'm Not Surprised Cuz, I Knew 4rm D Begining Dat Comments Like Dis Would Come Up But Like I Said Earlier Dis Post Is Not 4 Everyone. D Post 4 Doze Who Believes In Tithing & Knows D Benefit 4 Doing So. Dis Post Is Not 4 Everyone.
Re: Pay Ur Tithes, It's Very Important by tobechi74: 12:40pm On Oct 11, 2020
Good
Re: Pay Ur Tithes, It's Very Important by sonmvayina(m): 12:46pm On Oct 11, 2020
Truvel:

Are they levites?

1 Like

Re: Pay Ur Tithes, It's Very Important by Thattallgirl(f): 12:48pm On Oct 11, 2020
Paying tithe is a personal thing, a spiritual thing actually. When pastors preach that if u don't pay your tithe, you won't be blessed, it makes people pay out of fear and not out of love and appreciation towards the gospel of Christ. That's why many people who pay tithes aren't receiving blessings cos 1). They pay out of fear 2). They have no spiritual discernment on tithe 3). Some of the churches they pay to aren't fertile grounds.

This is where we all need Jesus. When you're having a relationship with Him (not by your self efforts but by believing that without without Him u cannot), He Himself will put His laws in your hearts and naturally you'll want to pay tithe and offerings, naturally you'll wanna give to church and people who are in need.

People need to shift from preaching about tithe and offerings and focus more on beholding the Person of Jesus. The One who calls u His beloved in whom He's well pleased, the One who says you're the apple of His eye!
Re: Pay Ur Tithes, It's Very Important by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 11, 2020
sonmvayina:

Are they levites?
They Are Ur Head In D Church.
Re: Pay Ur Tithes, It's Very Important by sonmvayina(m): 1:01pm On Oct 11, 2020
Truvel:
They Are Ur Head In D Church.

That is,not an answer..God only commanded levites to collect it God did not give them any landed inheritance when they came to the promised land,the tithe and offering was to take Care of their needs and run the temple....why should I disobey God,and pay it to someone else...?
Re: Pay Ur Tithes, It's Very Important by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 11, 2020
sonmvayina:

That is,not an answer..God only commanded levites to collect it God did not give them any landed inheritance when they came to the promised land,the tithe and offering was to take Care of their needs and run the temple....why should I disobey God,and pay it to someone else...?
D Temple U Are Talking Abt Is D Present Church & D Levites Are Like Our Spiritual Head Of D Church. Dey Also Use D Tithes & Offerings 4 Church Needs & 4 Demselves. Read 1corth 9:13
Re: Pay Ur Tithes, It's Very Important by silibaba: 2:25pm On Oct 11, 2020
Deuteronomy 14:22-29
New International Version
Tithes
22 Be sure to set aside a tenth(A) of all that your fields produce each year. 23 Eat(B) the tithe of your grain, new wine(C) and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name,(D) so that you may learn(E) to revere(F) the Lord your God always. 24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away), 25 then exchange(G) your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose. 26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink,(H) or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice.(I) 27 And do not neglect the Levites(J) living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.(K)

The tithe is for you and your family.

1 Like

Re: Pay Ur Tithes, It's Very Important by silibaba: 2:27pm On Oct 11, 2020
Deuteronomy 14:22-29
New International Version
Tithes
22 Be sure to set aside a tenth(A) of all that your fields produce each year. 23 Eat(B) the tithe of your grain, new wine(C) and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name,(D) so that you may learn(E) to revere(F) the Lord your God always. 24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away), 25 then exchange(G) your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose. 26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink,(H) or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice.(I) 27 And do not neglect the Levites(J) living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.(K)
Re: Pay Ur Tithes, It's Very Important by sonmvayina(m): 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2020
Truvel:
D Temple U Are Talking Abt Is D Present Church & D Levites Are Like Our Spiritual Head Of D Church. Dey Also Use D Tithes & Offerings 4 Church Needs & 4 Demselves. Read 1corth 9:13

It is form of tax..10%.the Jews operated a theocracy. God was their king..so the pay 10% tax to God, but God said anything coming to him should be collected by the Levite's...

In Nigeria we operate a democracy and we pay tax to the government..and they use it to Carter for the social needs of the people..

You got it now ?
Re: Pay Ur Tithes, It's Very Important by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 11, 2020
D Post Is 4 Doze Who Believe, Not 4 Everyone.
Re: Pay Ur Tithes, It's Very Important by sonmvayina(m): 3:44pm On Oct 11, 2020
Truvel:
D Post Is 4 Doze Who Believe, Not 4 Everyone.

Believe what?..that the real buhari is dead and we have jubril in aso rock, who is just a puppet.
Re: Pay Ur Tithes, It's Very Important by purleesh(f): 3:54pm On Oct 11, 2020
Truvel:

Lies. Financial difficulties arise from financial illiteracy.

If you like empty your accounts every month in the name of paying tithes, acute poverty won't depart from you if you lack financial wisdom.

3 Likes

Re: Pay Ur Tithes, It's Very Important by obonujoker(m): 4:09pm On Oct 11, 2020
Every child of God is commanded to pay tithe
Re: Pay Ur Tithes, It's Very Important by desiredhome: 5:29pm On Oct 11, 2020
Truvel:
For themselves? like building expensive schools for the rich? That the poor among them can't afford?

1 Like

Re: Pay Ur Tithes, It's Very Important by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 11, 2020
Thattallgirl:
Paying tithe is a personal thing, a spiritual thing actually. When pastors preach that if u don't pay your tithe, you won't be blessed, it makes people pay out of fear and not out of love and appreciation towards the gospel of Christ. That's why many people who pay tithes aren't receiving blessings cos 1). They pay out of fear 2). They have no spiritual discernment on tithe 3). Some of the churches they pay to aren't fertile grounds.

This is where we all need Jesus. When you're having a relationship with Him (not by your self efforts but by believing that without without Him u cannot), He Himself will put His laws in your hearts and naturally you'll want to pay tithe and offerings, naturally you'll wanna give to church and people who are in need.

People need to shift from preaching about tithe and offerings and focus more on beholding the Person of Jesus. The One who calls u His beloved in whom He's well pleased, the One who says you're the apple of His eye!
I Was Covinced By God Abt Tithing. I Had A Personal Encounter With God Abt Dis Too.
Re: Pay Ur Tithes, It's Very Important by Thattallgirl(f): 7:33pm On Oct 11, 2020
Truvel:
I Was Covinced By God Abt Tithing. I Had A Personal Encounter With God Abt Dis Too.
smiley

(1) (Reply)

OLAADEGBU The Trump Man Where Art Thou Thy Trumpet / This Is The Man That Sponsors Black Lives Matter In U.S / The Lords Chosen Is 18 Years, Celebrate With Us On 20th December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.