Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? (2367 Views)

Ladies Which Of These Have You Done Before? / Beds & Cabinets: Ladies, Which Of These Will You Rock? / Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by maclatunji: 5:54pm On Mar 05, 2011
Your husband marrying a second wife or having girfriends/concubines outside the family without your knowledge or consent.
Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by zayhal(f): 9:31am On Mar 06, 2011
what a question
Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by maclatunji: 1:22pm On Mar 06, 2011
And your answer is?
Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by maclatunji: 1:22pm On Mar 06, 2011
And your answer is?
Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by mutter(f): 1:26pm On Mar 06, 2011
I have tried to imagine my husband getting a second wife.
If she will cook and clean and take care of all the kids. grin
Imagine me free as a bird to do my business and fulfil my dreams, travel around the world.
Actually not a bad idea. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by maclatunji: 2:31pm On Mar 06, 2011
Interesting, it seems to me that majority of women are not willing to imagine such a scenario and would rather play ostrich. Am I right?
Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 06, 2011
mutter:

Imagine me free as a bird to do my business and fulfil my dreams, travel around the world.
Think again dear.

If she takes care of all the kids, clean and cook, she will def be getting all the attention.

Your husband would probably sleep with her 5 days in a week and you only one grin (You will be the lazy wife,and she will be the productive one.)

God forbid bad thing, me and who join on man? hisss I can't take it.

@Poster, none of the above. Shot me if you can.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by maclatunji: 3:05pm On Mar 06, 2011
@Rokiatu, your attitude is representative of what I think most women feel about this issue, but it does not stop husbands from cheating. To me, there lies the dilemma for women, and I agree it is tough on them.
Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by zayhal(f): 10:38am On Mar 07, 2011
mutter:

Talk is cheap.
Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by ifyalways(f): 11:59am On Mar 07, 2011
Nothing to imagine or prefer as neither of them would happen.I run a tight ship,Thank yousssss. kiss
Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by maclatunji: 1:50pm On Mar 07, 2011
@ifyalways, isnt that what all women say until someday they get that bit of gossip that their husband is,
Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by ifyalways(f): 1:56pm On Mar 07, 2011
^^I don't know abt ALL women.
Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by maclatunji: 2:53pm On Mar 07, 2011
okay, I think the worst nightmare of most wives is that some other woman will steal their husband. They could have more rest of mind if they let their husband know that they might understand if he cannot resist another woman who is quite good too, no?
Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by ifyalways(f): 3:06pm On Mar 07, 2011
maclatunji:

okay, I think the worst nightmare of [b]most wives [/b]is that some other woman will steal their husband. They could have more rest of mind if they let their husband know that they might understand if he cannot resist another woman who is quite good too, no?
. . .Im not and cant speak for most wives.
What wud you prefer as a man,to have your wife marry a 2nd husband or to have her cheat with your houseboy/gardener /driver without your knowledge?
Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by maclatunji: 3:41pm On Mar 07, 2011
Like, I didnt see that coming. You can create your own thread on that your question. Madam, I did not create this thread specifically for you, why are you taking it personal. I pray your wish stays true-for your sake at least.
Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by ifyalways(f): 3:48pm On Mar 07, 2011
maclatunji:

Like, I didnt see that coming. You can create your own thread on that your question. Madam, I did not create this thread specifically for you, why are you taking it personal. I pray your wish stays true-for your sake at least.
Poor darling . . . kiss
Oga,have a very good day.
Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by maclatunji: 3:58pm On Mar 07, 2011
I will try. cool
Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by ARareGem(f): 4:38pm On Mar 07, 2011
This is an example of questions that don't need answers.

Uhm Poster, why are you asking such a question? Are you wandering away from your wife? lipsrsealed
Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by maclatunji: 8:38am On Mar 08, 2011
@aRaregem, I am very sure I have not met my wife yet, talkless of wandering from her. You see I am a student of the university of life and I have discovered that women as a rule try to keep their husbands to themselves-nothing wrong with that. However, men seem to be incapable of being totally faithful to their wives. Hence, my question. Note: there are many women who have been victims of the girlfriend-concubine scenario and with the benefit of hindsight realize that a second wife for their husband might have been a lesser evil.
Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by queenesthr(f): 2:18pm On Mar 08, 2011
@Poster, do you realise a lot of women also cheat on their husbands these days?

I believe men are at greater risk of being cheated on - your question should be directed to men.
Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 08, 2011
Muslims should prefare their husby to marry a second wife or wives instead of their husby engaging in sin,as muslimas we are to accept all and not half of the religion.

You get to be rewarded cos you enjoined what is good,and also made your husby to do a good deed

Your husby is free from sin

You and your husby is free from diseases

You get to raise good kids for islam and not some bastards from concubines.
Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by Lovemee(f): 3:45pm On Mar 08, 2011
I dont even know the one I'd prefer grin
but come o, wether we like it or not, they still (secretly or openly) dey hammer outside undecided
perhaps e go berra make d 's.t.u.p.id' man bring another wife sef, make we rest shocked
Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 08, 2011
I can never share my guy much more a husband, so none of the above!
Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by maclatunji: 6:32pm On Mar 08, 2011
@queenesthr, men tend to be decisive with cheating wives on two extremes, they either kick her out or just act as if they do not know of what is happening. I am of the first group. On the other hand, women tend to find it difficult to leave husbands who cheat.
Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by Ikandmc(f): 1:57am On Mar 12, 2011
What do you mean?
Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by maclatunji: 9:13am On Mar 14, 2011
Ikandmc:

What do you mean?

I am not sure that you are Nigerian. However, women over here because of emotional, socio-cultural or other reasons are not quick to leave their cheating husbands. If you are not convinced, read-through the threads on the family section and to a lesser extent the romance section. I am sure you will find many examples to support my submission.
Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by Blazay(m): 12:03pm On Mar 14, 2011
Your husband marrying a second wife

OR

having girfriends/concubines outside the family without your knowledge or consent.

Only the children should be considered in such scenarios.
Love, sex and marriage should never be by force.

If the husbands are yours, they stay put.
If not, let them go and quench somewhere else.
A woman that has done her part and fulfilled her own end of the bargain need not worry about where her husband chooses to stick his carrot.
Such a woman should stay gainfully employed and focus on herself and/or children if she has any.
God might just be answering her prayers in assisting her subconsciously in getting rid of a nuisance in her life.

Amen? Amen. kiss

Any woman that fights to keep a man that does not want to honor his marital committments is a doggone fool.
I pray I never encounter any in my waking or sleeping moments. kiss

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 10, 2012
Neither, rather be alone than unhappy. It's either me alone or what's out there for him.
Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by armyofone(m): 2:29pm On Jul 10, 2012
I want to be the only one and only one chopping. No sharing at all at all.
where is my gun sef tongue
Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by feminineA: 6:56pm On Jul 10, 2012
hmm I want my husband for myself only o. None of the above.
Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 10, 2012
A man who will stray will always stray even if he marries four wives and keeps them locked up in his house.Men are by nature polygamous.A dog will roam but eventually it should be able to find its way home.
Re: Ladies: Which Would You Prefer? by EfemenaXY: 8:12pm On Jul 10, 2012
Richvkunt: A man who will stray will always stray even if he marries four wives and keeps them locked up in his house.Men are by nature polygamous.A dog will roam but eventually it should be able to find its way home.

When? After catching STDs or some other nasties from the outside, to then pass on to the wifey?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Choristers Fighting Over Choirmaster Cut Each Other With Blade (picture) / He Got The House-help Pregnant / Some Women Sha!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.