Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Taming His Desires 7 (romance) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Taming His Desires 7 (romance) (328 Views)

Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) / TAMING HIS DESIRES 9 Cont’d (18+) / Taming His Desires 9 (18+) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Taming His Desires 7 (romance) by Pancakeey(f): 7:26pm On Oct 11, 2020
ADEMIDUN’S POV

It was mid August and all the shops seemed to be in full swing and none needed any more employees. I strutted down the busy pavement looking out for shops that were hiring. Why was it so hard to get a job? I had begun to lose all hopes when I raised my head and saw a “waitress/waiter needed” sign. It was a local bakery shop. I pushed through the transparent glass door and the bell jingled alerting everyone that someone came in. I approached a tall lanky man at the front desk who appeared to be engrossed with the desktop screen at his front. His name tag read Bayo. On feeling my presence, he raised his head and flashed his teeth.

“Hello! Welcome to Yummies bakeshop. Where we satisfy your every…desires…uhm cravings. Yes cravings.” He ran his hands over his head shifting his gaze to the flyers on the desk then back to me. “So what is your order ma’am?” He added. I placed my palm over my mouth, trying to stifle the laughter that bubbled up in me.

“Oh no, I’m here to apply as a waitress for the bakeshop. I noticed the vacancy sign outside and I decided to apply.” He clasped his palms together and looked over my shoulders to the sign outside.

“Actually, I forgot to bring that sign down. The thing is we’ve gotten a certain number of people to work for us and we do not want an overcrowded working space for our employees and customers.” My stomach twisted and I leaned forward over the front desk and placed my head in my hands. The pays I got from my weekend jobs were really small and the bills kept piling. My hands began to tremble and I immediately shook them in my pocket.

“Are you okay?” He casted a worried glance towards me before his eyes fell back on the desktop. I gave him an affirmative nod then his voice boomed again, this time lighter. “Today must be your lucky day, looks like we have a slot left” He beamed and pulled out a form from under the desk. I felt a surge of happiness course through me. I couldn’t think of a time I’ve been happier. He noticed my current mood and chuckled.

“Here fill this.” I took the form from his grip and lowered myself into the chair by the front desk. I looked up taking in the sight of the bake shop. I had been so focused on getting the job earlier; the environment didn’t matter to me. The bake shop was just a small house of everything sweet, chairs, tables, coffee makers, glazed donuts and cakes in the display glass at the front counter. The place was near empty…for a time like this. At the corner of the room, a menu list was plastered on the wall. There must have been a fortune cookie stand at the front door which was now left standing alone. The scents of baking biscuits and cakes filled the place. I pushed to my feet and placed the form on the desk. Bayo, ran his eyes over it and walked towards the back gesturing me to follow him. We walked towards a room in the back which looked like a store room.

“As you must have noticed the place is quite empty for now. Most people come here during the evenings so you can start today and return in the evening if that’s fine with you?” He left the question hanging waiting for a reply.

“Of course it is” He moved towards a locker in the room and stretched out the keys to me.

“Your apron and everything you might need is here. If you have any questions feel free to approach the front desk.” Bayo’s glowing face made me smile. Opening the locker, I cleared it out and left.

“Hmmm…don’t tell me! I know” Demilade placed her finger over my lips. “Today was good right? I mean it wasn’t a dead end right?” I smiled and screamed.

“Yes! I got a job.” Happiness glowed inside her; she leapt to her feet pulling me into an embrace. I could see her spirits flying high.

“I’m so glad. We should celebrate this. Friday night, club night, drinks on me. Yes!” I narrowed my eyes at her words.

“Can’t we do something else instead?” I pouted.
“You need to let lose. Don’t be such a bore.” She stuck out her tongue and picked up the TV remote. “We should binge on some Netflix movies for now, before you start working officially, like officially.” She bumped shoulders with me and turned her attention to the TV.

“Demidun, have you heard from the handsome alpha who covered your medication bills?”

“No why?” almost tipping over the couch, she faced me with a faint scowl tingeing at her lips.

“It’s not every day you find someone like that you know, the least you could have done was give him a proper thank you.”

“How would I have done that when I don’t know his workplace or who he is?” she nodded and placed her finger over her chin. Lifting my brow, I returned my gaze to the TV. Demilade didn’t forget things easily. For a moment, I wished I had not told her about it. She was one who lived everyday like it was her last. Not to mention, the numerous guys she has being with but couldn’t seem the settle down with anyone. She was really excited for me.

“True, but you mentioned you met him at the Williams party. If this isn’t fate.” She said dreamily— I rolled my eyes and made for my room.

For full story check
https://thebookishyinka./2020/10/08/taming-his-desires-7/

(1) (Reply)

Tales Of Dọtun (dotman) / Three Days Dead / Sucide.... My First Or Last Poem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.