Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS (55407 Views)

Police Break Into The Hiding Place Of Heavily Armed Cultist In Edo State / Norsemen Confraternity Members Protest In Support Of SARS In Cross River. Photos / #endsars: Internet Marketer Tells His Horrible Story In The Hands Of Sars (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 11, 2020
Germi9:
this is like after watching a movie,they tell you this is just the beginning
Lol. Or INTERMISSION if it is Indian film.

Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by Warmaterial(m): 9:04pm On Oct 11, 2020
Mehhn dis guys no dey laugh oo , dey really wan scatter d shine shine head o... Mehn black man no gud to rule anywhere in Africa o unless people like Mandela
Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 11, 2020
tot:

You shouldn't give up hope regardless of the situation. Being negative about things won't change it.
I lost everything since the year, Apc (buhari) took over Nigeria.
So help me God.
Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by Sleekfingers: 9:05pm On Oct 11, 2020
inoki247:
So the brutality is not ending soon

it can never end in nigeria....now that the FG don disband Sars and the masses are calling for justice....the police don dey para o....nigerians should be very careful now o.......especially the youths......
Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by omohayek: 9:06pm On Oct 11, 2020
tot:

undecided So, oga what is YOUR solution?! All of you that know how to pick holes in others' actions, kindly always state your prescribed solutions.
The only long-term solution for the mess that is "policing" in Nigeria is public accountability. Nigeria is simply too big, too populous and too ethnically-diverse for the sort of centralised nonsense that has been termed "policing" since colonial days. The primary unit of organisation for police forces should be at the lowest level possible (in other words, the LGA, and not at the state level), with chiefs of police (or sheriffs) being directly accountable to the residents they watch over, and completely independent of both the FG and the state governors. Ideally, this would also mean that the ordinary rank and file would be elected from locals (by which I mean people who actually live close to where they'll be working, not just "natives" who have never even stepped foot on the soil they call "home" because a parent or grandparent came from there).

This doesn't mean that police chiefs will now simply be elected officials, but that the body which decides whether any particular police officer is put in charge in an LGA must be staffed by local representatives who are themselves elected independently. It's one thing for a policeman posted from his native region to the opposite end of the country to demand bribes at gunpoint, knowing there's nothing any locals up to governor level can do about it, and something else for someone who has been your neighbour for several years, and whose children probably play with yours, to act the same way.

Of course, this being the sh*thole of a failed state that is Nigeria, none of the above will ever cross the minds of the dimwits who call the shots in Abuja.
Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by joyandfaith: 9:09pm On Oct 11, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Nigerians just went to shout for nothing as if SARS is one special security force... are they not the same police men with a different name....

They disbanded SARS....they will not sack them naaa, they will only become normal policemen and continue the harassment and brutality...

any revolution in Nigeria will consume police first!!!!

1 Like

Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by Sleekfingers: 9:10pm On Oct 11, 2020
Lilgabby:
I love this so much.... That's what we all don't understand. This barbarity will continue......
i am telling u....the police dey para now o....make nigerians just dey careful o

1 Like

Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by tot(f): 9:15pm On Oct 11, 2020
omohayek:

The only long-term solution for the mess that is "policing" in Nigeria is public accountability. Nigeria is simply too big, too populous and too ethnically-diverse for the sort of centralised nonsense that has been termed "policing" since colonial days. The primary unit of organisation for police forces should be at the lowest level possible (in other words, the LGA, and not at the state level), with chiefs of police (or sheriffs) being directly accountable to the residents they watch over, and completely independent of both the FG and the state governors. Ideally, this would also mean that the ordinary rank and file would be elected from locals (by which I mean people who actually live close to where they'll be working, not just "natives" who have never even stepped foot on the soil they call "home" because a parent or grandparent came from there).

This doesn't mean that police chiefs will now simply be elected officials, but that the body which decides whether any particular police officer is put in charge in an LGA must be staffed by local representatives who are themselves elected independently. It's one thing for a policeman posted from his native region to the opposite end of the country to demand bribes at gunpoint, knowing there's nothing any locals up to governor level can do about it, and something else for someone who has been your neighbour for several years, and whose children probably play with yours, to act the same way.

Of course, this being the sh*thole of a failed state that is Nigeria, none of the above will ever cross the minds of the dimwits who call the shots in Abuja.

I can see the benefits in this, but how would this work in highly polarized states, imagine what Southern Kaduna citizens for instance would have faced in such a scenario. Or Ife Modakeke crisis then..
Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by tot(f): 9:15pm On Oct 11, 2020
csn01:

I lost everything since the year, Apc (buhari) took over Nigeria.
So help me God.

You will get it back and more, just be patient. Focus on whatever is in your control.

1 Like

Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by Sleekfingers: 9:17pm On Oct 11, 2020
airsaylongcom:
Let's use the correct words o. So many people use break for an injury to the head when it is actually a cut. A broken head injury is a very bad one. To break the human skull takes an unbelievably huge amount of force

it is called naija english....nigeria is one of the worst or if not the worst english speaking country....and they also hate correction...especially those brainless youth on nairaland....
Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by joepepsy(m): 9:23pm On Oct 11, 2020
grin grin "Which one be e no suppose better for you"
wemmy01:
If your parent na police or nepa or politician, hope u know say u suppose dey prayerful because on a normal, e no suppose better for u.

I stand with #endpolicebrutality
Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by Acidosis(m): 9:25pm On Oct 11, 2020
Freestainworld:
A time will come when the hash tag will become #KILL POLICE BEFORE THEY KILL YOU#

Not when Buhari is still the commander in chief of about 300,000 active and 100,000 reserved soldiers.
Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by Sleekfingers: 9:25pm On Oct 11, 2020
mushystuff:

Assuming he was actually mocking them, is mockery now a crime whose punishment is summary battery and injury? Some of you are just so dense!

it is not a crime....but na provocation o......right now the police dey vex o......any sensible person will avoid them for now.....those guys eyes dey red o....
Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by MichaelDuf: 9:26pm On Oct 11, 2020
"Break the head" is poor English.
Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by omohayek: 9:28pm On Oct 11, 2020
tot:

I can see the benefits in this, but how would this work in highly polarized states, imagine what Southern Kaduna citizens for instance would have faced in such a scenario. Or Ife Modakeke crisis then..
It doesn't have to be a free-for-all: the FG can still step in to uphold the rule of law, in keeping with constitutional norms (as defined by the Supreme Court). Just look at how the American government handled all the segregationist southern sheriffs in the 1960s, for an example of how federal intervention ought to work when local forces fail to uphold basic norms of fairness. It is at such times when having a National Guard and a Nigerian equivalent to the FBI could be brought in (on a temporary, strictly time-limited basis) to set things back on the right path.

Right now, with Nigeria's highly-centralised policing, the entirety of the country is one big Birmingham, Alabama, with IGP Adamu being a national Bull Connor answerable only to a single person - Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by davididenyi(m): 9:30pm On Oct 11, 2020
For una mind, them don end sars ahbi,
Who be SARS who be police
And Nigeria youth are happy that SARS have ended I pity yours mother's Ass, 4 session 2 edicton
Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by tot(f): 9:31pm On Oct 11, 2020
omohayek:

It doesn't have to be a free-for-all: the FG can still step in to uphold the rule of law, in keeping with constitutional norms (as defined by the Supreme Court). Just look at how the American government handled all the segregationist southern sheriffs in the 1960s, for an example of how federal intervention ought to work when local forces fail to uphold basic norms of fairness. It is at such times when having a National Guard and a Nigerian equivalent to the FBI could be brought in (on a temporary, strictly time-limited basis) to set things back on the right path.

Right now, with Nigeria's highly-centralised policing, the entirety of the country is one big Birmingham, Alabama, with IGP Adamu being a national Bull Connor answerable only to a single person - Buhari.

Clear. Makes sense.
Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by MemoriesAndMe: 9:32pm On Oct 11, 2020
Common OP, u scared the hell out of me. I clicked because i wanted to see a broken head and know what it looks like. The pictures only shows something similar to a scratch from a finger. Stop exaggeration, stay quiet if u have no news.
Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by jaxxy(m): 9:33pm On Oct 11, 2020
Skyfornia:
Nigerian Police...they are cursed. Nothing good will come out of them.

The corrupt, unprofessional and abusive ones pls.
Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by Zinpat: 9:36pm On Oct 11, 2020
SARS is dissolved, what about Police brutality??
Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by Awoo88: 9:37pm On Oct 11, 2020
This people no get sense. Very soon na #endpolice brutality, then people will take the street then laws permitting officers to be persecuted will be put in place.
Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 11, 2020
tot:

undecided So, oga what is YOUR solution?! All of you that know how to pick holes in others' actions, kindly always state your prescribed solutions.

I’m not picking holes in the actions of Nigerians ...I’m just saying the goverment is playing us....

Since sars and police are the same persons..My solution is that we should have asked for reforms.

Any police that kill Nigerian citizen should be tried as a civilian and sentenced to death for murdEr.

All police men should have at least audio recording device on them.for review of service and law of engagement...these things don’t cost much.... it’s curruption.. the government claim they spend than 500k to gear up one police man...they should be able to attach a recording device on each uniform for quality assurance

Stop and search police should stop carrying gun, just like traffic police don’t carry weapons

For once they should increase these people’s salary.. u can’t give someone a Kalashnikov rifle and be paying them as low as 30k....the rippling effect is what is happening....greed + bad economy is a recipe for disaster.

If they can’t allow free education and medical facilities for all, these people should be taken cared of.... oyinbo wey dey pay unemployment benefit, underage benefit, old age benefit, free education and healthcare knows the rippling effect...
Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by tot(f): 9:42pm On Oct 11, 2020
1StopRudeness:

I’m not picking holes in the actions of Nigerians ...I’m just saying the goverment is playing us....

Since sars and police are the same persons..My solution is that we should have asked for reforms.

Any police that kill Nigerian citizen should be tried as a civilian and sentenced to death for murdEr.

All police men should have at least audio recording device on them.for review of service and law of engagement...these things don’t cost much.... it’s curruption.. the government claim they spend than 500k to gear up one police man...they should be able to attach a recording device on each uniform for quality assurance

Stop and search police should stop carrying gun, just like traffic police don’t carry weapons

For once they should increase these people’s salary.. u can’t give someone a Kalashnikov rifle and be paying them as low as 30k....the rippling effect is what is happening....greed + bad economy is a recipe for disaster.

If they can’t allow free education and medical facilities for all, these people should be taken cared of.... oyinbo wey dey pay unemployment benefit, underage benefit, old age benefit, free education and healthcare knows the rippling effect...

Correct.
Which is why this is STEP 1.

But saying people should have done nothing is what I disagree with.
Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by CavemanDefuturo: 9:44pm On Oct 11, 2020
There are no stringent laws made to decisively deal with our over bearing illiterate police force... reasons things like this will never end.. SMH

.... Mean while

#Justice4JimohIsiaka
#JusticeForJimohIsiaka
Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by fayded(m): 9:46pm On Oct 11, 2020
SilverNorGold:
I think the policeman opened part of Francis head to put small sense inside. It's possible they were mocking the police officers after the news.. The policeman cannot just attack him unprovoked.

Silver nor gold, u Dont have.. And sense and wisdom too
Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 11, 2020
tot:

Correct.
Which is why this is STEP 1.

But saying people should have done nothing is what I disagree with.

I never said people shouldn’t have done anything.....we complained that sars should end...
but the police still shot at us.... so what do we do now... clamour for “end police”...I’m just saying we forgot that SARS and police and the people.. one and same unit..

Imthe protest was amazing, we could have channeled it better.... the goverment and police force can play us easily by saying sars has been disbanded.. but really nothing has happened internally..
Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by tot(f): 9:49pm On Oct 11, 2020
1StopRudeness:

I never said people shouldn’t have done anything.....we complained that sars should end...
but the police still shot at us.... so what do we do now... clamour for “end police”...I’m just saying we forgot that SARS and police and the people.. one and same unit..

Imthe protest was amazing, we could have channeled it better.... the goverment and police force can play us easily by saying sars has been disbanded.. but really nothing has happened internally..

One of the most significant outcome of these protests is not so much the endSARs but the fact that people for once spoke with one voice and I know this is just the start of more to come. That should be respected. They didn't shout for nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by QuinieR(f): 9:50pm On Oct 11, 2020
Again

Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by doctorcovid29(m): 9:52pm On Oct 11, 2020
ban SARS not the best police na police u can him all names, police never finish all police should b reform, lean to respect police and any force man that carry gun ,some guys will insult them why, kidnappen go plenty more let very body have gum to protect.urself as Fulani's have too,e DON red ooo dnt close ur two eyes wen sleeping at night oo God bless Nigeria na politician spoil naija given guns to boys during election time
Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by QuinieR(f): 9:52pm On Oct 11, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Nigerians just went to shout for nothing as if SARS is one special security force... are they not the same police men with a different name....

They disbanded SARS....they will not sack them naaa, they will only become normal policemen and continue the harassment and brutality...
True

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by doctorcovid29(m): 9:53pm On Oct 11, 2020
ban SARS not the best police na police u can call all names, police never finish all police should b reform, lean to respect police and any force man that carry gun ,some guys will insult them why, kidnappen go plenty more let very body have gum to protect.urself as Fulani's have too,e DON red ooo dnt close ur two eyes wen sleeping at night oo God bless Nigeria na politician spoil naija given guns to boys during election time
Re: Police Break The Head Of Arise TV Cameraman, Hours After The End Of SARS by doctorcovid29(m): 9:56pm On Oct 11, 2020
u right police na police ,all of them have to be reform not all police u see in that act is a SARS ,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Video: Robbery In Lekki Phase 1 Estate Lagos / Gabby Petito: This Is How U.S. Is Searching For A Missing Citizen(Pics) / 24-year-old Groom-to-be Dies After Quarreling With Girlfriend (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.