Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate (41961 Views)

Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity / Despite Ban, Abuja EndSARS Protesters Shut Down Federal Secretariat / EndSARS Protesters Shut Down Force Headquarters In Abuja, Demand To See IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by Antoeni(m): 10:23am On Oct 12, 2020
Nobody is Well in Nigeria, We All Need to be checked,
Kennitrust:
because You are not a victim, their brutality is in order...

You need to check your temperature
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by MrALIVE: 10:23am On Oct 12, 2020
sammy329:
I don't like the way FG is handling this situation, send in the military and disperse these THUGS calling themselves protesters angry angry
demented soul...
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by pyramid19: 10:23am On Oct 12, 2020
KingAzari:

I used to say the same until I missed my flight from Lagos to Asaba and decided to fly to Benin and taxi to Asaba. Landed safely in Benin and took an airport taxi, withdrew some cash to settle the cab guy and we moved. On ascending that slope as we were leaving Benin, we met SARS and they searched us. Saw the cash with me - 30k in total(15k for the cab guy, 15k for me) - they insisted I must divide the money in two and give them half. I asked them " why should I give you the money when I have not committed any offence?". They said "we would keep searching your bag until we find something". Mind you, my bag went through more than one scanning machines at Lagos airport.

Those guys searched my bag for more than 7 rounds, still nothing. We were there for more than an hour. They kept insisting that I gave them the money they asked for. They looked nothing like policemen - just their guns with a jacket written 'F-SARS". Heavily bearded guys with tattoos and big biceps. Their vehicle with no reg number was hidden in the bush off the road. The cab guy begged me after pleading with them severally and showing them his airport taxi association identification - to give them the money because it was getting late and that those people could kill both of us and throw us into that river with nobody knowing once it got dark. I had to tow the path of reasoning with the cab guy and gave them the money.

It was then that one of them said to me " you are lucky you cooperated, na for that river fish for chop una body". I had cold chills on hearing that.

I am a legit cooperate hustler. That trip was a company business trip. I had all my means of identification - drivers' license, voter's card(orginal copy), International passport and company ID's and induction cards. All authentic.

u see then one Senseless mofo is spewing thrash....its quite simple even the Legit hustlers hear am well frm dis devilish pipo called sars....so let's our voice b heard n all dis sorted fast n one time not d fake promises

well I wont blame senseless pipo like sammy cos he had neva witness wat it means to b pulled over by dose guys....but still on still
#ENDSARS
#WENEEDTOTALREFORMATION
#SARSISNOTEFCC
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by Bahdsypha(m): 10:24am On Oct 12, 2020
francotunsco:

From the onset, I know the protest hasn't been about SARS!

It's not about SARS as a unit
It's about its operatives..the operatives that IGP redeployed to other units, instead of investigating and trying them for murder!

That's what the protests are about

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by dederocs(m): 10:25am On Oct 12, 2020
sammy329:
I don't like the way FG is handling this situation, send in the military and disperse these THUGS calling themselves protesters angry angry
Educated mumu, the people have the power in a democracy, the president, governors and all are our servants, they must listen to our demands, e be like say you wan send bubu go ICC, abi you see the way them call am to release sowore sharply, that wan na small grin

If military kill one innocent protester, then the country burn, so zombie, shut up and observe,we know say you be SARS or SARS pikin, una don enjoy reach, una cup don full...go street go shout up SARS grin
The people have the power.
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by Antoeni(m): 10:25am On Oct 12, 2020
Even Though that been Stupid and Foolish is your God Given Talent, must you Always Misuse it ?
Lashist:

Doesn't change the fact that you.are very foolish...i hope ur family dont stay around you cheesy
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by cray91(m): 10:26am On Oct 12, 2020
listen to yourself again. calling people that are fighting for our right thugs

i bet you have never been harassed by these sars people before. do i need to remind you that you don't have to be yahoo boy or have to have any implicating stuffs on you before they extort you

if you don't have any reasonable thing to comment just shut the Bleep up and get off your damn phone okay
sammy329:

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by Haykinx98(m): 10:27am On Oct 12, 2020
Shebi it's gridlock there eyes is seeing now,by 2pm Una go see dreadlock
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 12, 2020
sammy329:
May God reward you accordingly for this statement.
#SARSMUSTEND
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by chloride6: 10:30am On Oct 12, 2020
sammy329:

You are a mad man..

Do that and see the human rights sanctions that will fall on you
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by BafanaBafana: 10:30am On Oct 12, 2020
Antoeni:
I have never been a victim of SARS harassment,
Stay off crime and SARS or police will stay off you✌.
#YahooBoysisNext
SARS will never harrass you because you look broke and wretched. They only go after young men who look classy and successful.
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 10:31am On Oct 12, 2020
Aug28th:
I wish I was in Lagos right now
What would u have done?
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by subcbouy: 10:31am On Oct 12, 2020
Antoeni:
I have never been a victim of SARS harassment,
Stay off crime and SARS or police will stay off you✌.
#YahooBoysisNext
I tell you. Even #EndCorruptPoliticians

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by Olisehinnocent: 10:32am On Oct 12, 2020
sammy329:
They will worsen the matter if they try such
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 12, 2020
sammy329:
are you familiar with the word anarchy?
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by BafanaBafana: 10:32am On Oct 12, 2020
sammy329:
A broke and miserable person will never understand what others go through in the hands of these guys called SARS.
I therefore do not blame you
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by Aug28th(m): 10:33am On Oct 12, 2020
kingsolomonjnr01:

What would u have done?
Join the protest
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by Antoeni(m): 10:35am On Oct 12, 2020
Fraudster Well Said, if you don't Change your Fraudulent and Dubious Lifestyle for Legit, Destruction Awaits you
BafanaBafana:

SARS will never harrass you because you look broke and wretched. They only go after young men who look classy and successful.
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by BarrElChapo(m): 10:35am On Oct 12, 2020
Ustec:

Were have bad cops everywhere, them dey FBI in US too.
We can only reduce it, we can't eradicate it.
Unless you want a state where policing is completely banned and rendered useless which can never happen anywhere in the world.

You're totally right but I think one solution that has never been looked at is state controlling there police rather the federal government having all that powers, it makes for systemic bureaucracy. What do you say ?
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by ozonechrome: 10:37am On Oct 12, 2020
anochuko01:
This is idleness sha. Schools aren't in session, hence the much time.

What else do y'all want?
Na when them mobilize soldier una go know say police gentle sha

Sometimes it's best to keep quiet and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and confirm it.
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by anochuko01(m): 10:41am On Oct 12, 2020
Bahdsypha:

We want SARS to end!
It must end for good
Not their annual dissolution
Every year they'll be disbanding SARS...give lasting solutions

baba, we all want the same thing. ive had a gun pointed at me once, but we must also reason without sentiments.
would govt sack all sars officials? hell no! no amount of protest would make that happen...thats the bitter truth.

now that sars has been cancelled, those same officials can still carry out their notorious acts under another department of the police.
abi what other "END" to sars do you want after what has been announced?

the best is for the reformation of the entire police force.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by Angy55(f): 10:41am On Oct 12, 2020
Antoeni:
Sorry about that , i hope and Pray weget the Best of Results in the New Reforms

I hope so.
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by Omojolaray(m): 10:48am On Oct 12, 2020
Kollysman1:
Hummmmm... what if a Nigerian is going to meet his success this morning ? Na so una go use una wahala cause him long life wahala?

Reason o
people are selfish...... Na the situation we find ourselves
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 12, 2020
when the mass takes over democracy
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by anochuko01(m): 10:52am On Oct 12, 2020
ozonechrome:

Sometimes it's best to keep quiet and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and confirm it.
you probably dont have a family to feed, so you can afford to stay hours inside holdup...
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 12, 2020
sammy329:
so you are saying the government should result to force? My brother the worst people the government can face is the youth. You feel if the government should use force and the youth revolt that you are safe? I pray the country will not be brought to a boiling point and don't forget the international community is watching also.
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by Lashist(m): 11:00am On Oct 12, 2020
Antoeni:
Even Though that been Stupid and Foolish is your God Given Talent, must you Always Misuse it ?
You are the foolish one here to say all victims of SARS are criminals.
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 12, 2020
sammy329:

AIRHEAD
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by Erojepromise(f): 11:04am On Oct 12, 2020
sammy329:
Seriously you are an enemy of Nigeria and her citizens
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by Ustec: 11:07am On Oct 12, 2020
BarrElChapo:

You're totally right but I think one solution that has never been looked at is state controlling there police rather the federal government having all that powers, it makes for systemic bureaucracy. What do you say ?
You can't leave the FG out of it.
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by africandollar: 11:10am On Oct 12, 2020
Revolution is that you?! grin
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by bonnyhope: 11:11am On Oct 12, 2020
This is to tell you that many people are jobless in Lagos, on Monday morning o

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Governor Peter Mbah Signs 3 Executive Orders, Hours After Swearing-In / Fulani Herdsmen Flee Enugu / Soldiers Kill 15 Boko Haram Members In Sambisa Forest, Recover Heavy Weapons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.