Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate (41989 Views)

Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity / Despite Ban, Abuja EndSARS Protesters Shut Down Federal Secretariat / EndSARS Protesters Shut Down Force Headquarters In Abuja, Demand To See IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by Crispels(m): 11:13am On Oct 12, 2020
Antoeni:
I have never been a victim of SARS harassment,
Stay off crime and SARS or police will stay off you✌.
#YahooBoysisNext

You should be ashamed of yourself because you have lost touch with the reality of the average Nigerian youth. I’ve seen cases where innocent young Nigerians(first class university products, business owners etc) with nothing incriminating in their phones were threatened to be killed by SARS operatives if they don't pay for their release. These innocent folks were randomly stopped and were accused of being criminals and were threatened to be killed if they refuse to pay them.

Think about it. What does arresting(abducting) innocent people at gunpoint, forcing them to ATM units to withdraw all the money in their accounts for you; have to do with fighting crime?

If they are truly criminals, why not have them write a statement and take them to court? Why shoot them or force them to pay through their nose?

COMMON!!!

4 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by Taeewo(m): 11:15am On Oct 12, 2020
Antoeni:
#YahooBoysisNext
Dem no dey stop pauper,so no way you will come across them..

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by Supastarwealth(m): 11:18am On Oct 12, 2020
sammy329:
I don't like the way FG is handling this situation, send in the military and disperse these THUGS calling themselves protesters angry angry

You are a fool idiot
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by sweetrace(f): 11:19am On Oct 12, 2020
Total nonsense! TheY go to Lekki toll gate to protest an issue that has been resolved. Instead of them to protest the end of the toll. Smh!
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by tot(f): 11:23am On Oct 12, 2020
sweetrace:
Total nonsense! TheY go to Lekki toll gate to protest an issue that has been resolved. Instead of them to protest the end of the toll. Smh!

What stops YOU from protesting the end of the toll?

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 12, 2020
sammy329:
I don't like the way FG is handling this situation, send in the military and disperse these THUGS calling themselves protesters angry angry

I'd see if the military can defeat 200M Citizens....you'd be the first to Die.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by tot(f): 11:26am On Oct 12, 2020
KingAzari:

I used to say the same until I missed my flight from Lagos to Asaba and decided to fly to Benin and taxi to Asaba. Landed safely in Benin and took an airport taxi, withdrew some cash to settle the cab guy and we moved. On ascending that slope as we were leaving Benin, we met SARS and they searched us. Saw the cash with me - 30k in total(15k for the cab guy, 15k for me) - they insisted I must divide the money in two and give them half. I asked them " why should I give you the money when I have not committed any offence?". They said "we would keep searching your bag until we find something". Mind you, my bag went through more than one scanning machines at Lagos airport.

Those guys searched my bag for more than 7 rounds, still nothing. We were there for more than an hour. They kept insisting that I gave them the money they asked for. They looked nothing like policemen - just their guns with a jacket written 'F-SARS". Heavily bearded guys with tattoos and big biceps. Their vehicle with no reg number was hidden in the bush off the road. The cab guy begged me after pleading with them severally and showing them his airport taxi association identification - to give them the money because it was getting late and that those people could kill both of us and throw us into that river with nobody knowing once it got dark. I had to tow the path of reasoning with the cab guy and gave them the money.

It was then that one of them said to me " you are lucky you cooperated, na for that river fish for chop una body". I had cold chills on hearing that.

I am a legit cooperate hustler. That trip was a company business trip. I had all my means of identification - drivers' license, voter's card(orginal copy), International passport and company ID's, HMO and induction cards. All authentic.

Just imagine.
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by Cheeryfeet: 11:26am On Oct 12, 2020
sammy329:
You have not seen anything yet. The Revolution has started and it started in the most unlikely of ways. Can't believe it's happening in our time.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by Erojepromise(f): 11:27am On Oct 12, 2020
SilverNorGold:

President Mohammadu Buhari is a leader that cares about the wellbeing of Nigerians. He doesn't want anyone hurt, that's why he's yet to use force on the hoodlums.. But I think he may be left with no option but to do as you've rightly suggested f those hoodlums continue to overstretch their luck.

Nigeria go better
If the President does what you have just trashed out he should be ready to be rebuked nationwide and worldwide,l hope you know that Nigeria is a democratic state and the citizens have the rights to protest against any issues affecting their well being and also a state of apathy can happen because such despotic act will trigger the fight and support nationwide for secession that the separatists have calling for....
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by sammy329(m): 11:34am On Oct 12, 2020
ayobamiJR:

I'd see if the military can defeat 200M Citizens....you'd be the first to Die.
who told you that every Nigerian citizen is supporting end sars

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by Loveknitting: 11:37am On Oct 12, 2020
sammy329:

Why don't you go and do it yourself
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by adisababa1234: 11:39am On Oct 12, 2020
This madness need to stop
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by abiona36622: 11:40am On Oct 12, 2020
:I don't like the thing FG is handling this predicament, send in the army and disperse these hoodlums calling themselves demonstrators are you knowledge with the verb chaotic?
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by naturefellow(m): 11:40am On Oct 12, 2020
sammy329:
Did you even read what the further protest is about? undecided

Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by sammy329(m): 11:40am On Oct 12, 2020
Cheeryfeet:

You have not seen anything yet. The Revolution has started and it started in the most unlikely of ways. Can't believe it's happening in our time.
undecided undecided undecided This is why I want the FG to stop these hoodlums quick. The aftermath of revolution is usually worst, The french revolution aftermath brought about the rise of an absolute dictator, Napoleon Bonaparte, the Russian Revolution give rise to men like Vladimir Lennin and Joseph Stalin,the Fascists revolution in italy gave rise to a dictator called Benito Mussolini.
History has shown that aftermath of revolution is usually worse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 12, 2020
Auntytityy:
Wahala for who no Kno wetin be gridlock
Lol grin
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by Kennyking1234: 11:46am On Oct 12, 2020
sammy329:
fool
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by Sar96: 11:47am On Oct 12, 2020
ANOTHER HASTAG HAVE STARTED #ENDEFCC #ENDEFCC
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by ASKQUESTIONS(m): 11:50am On Oct 12, 2020
OmoManU:
those idiots calling themselves protesters that made me to enter house 4am. angry angry

Hahahaha, me too but they’re fighting our course. I got home by 4:00 am yesterday just from Ajah to Lekki toll gate. I’m loving Nigeria youths now. This is our country and we are the future leaders. This is the time to possess our possessions.
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by Bahdsypha(m): 11:51am On Oct 12, 2020
anochuko01:

baba, we all want the same thing. ive had a gun pointed at me once, but we must also reason without sentiments.
would govt sack all sars officials? hell no! no amount of protest would make that happen...thats the bitter truth.

now that sars has been cancelled, those same officials can still carry out their notorious acts under another department of the police.
abi what other "END" to sars do you want after what has been announced?

the best is for the reformation of the entire police force.

They should investigate and try some of the SARS operatives...

Not one SARS operative has been tried in court...not one

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by jboi08(m): 11:52am On Oct 12, 2020
shiwex:
Ending Sars is not really the issue here..More needs to be done, like

Getting corrupt political elites out
Reforming the police
Prosecuting corrupt politicans

This should be the end game of the protest and it should culminate into massive turnout to vote in 2023 especially at ward and state levels by every eligible voter both young and old. We need a total overhaul of NIGERIA. Things can’t continue this way, we need to prove to these recycled leaders that they are expired and they should retire. That’s just my one cent
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by seanmozilla: 11:53am On Oct 12, 2020
Kollysman1:
Hummmmm... what if a Nigerian is going to meet his success this morning ? Na so una go use una wahala cause him long life wahala?

Reason o
What if the Nigerian got shot by SARS on his way to his success?
Reason am
To lose job better than to lose life
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by AIlahuAkbar: 12:00pm On Oct 12, 2020
Chii59:
May God reward you accordingly for this statement. #SARSMUSTEND
shut up sickler. worry about your sickness and leave SARS alone
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by cray91(m): 12:03pm On Oct 12, 2020
you be mumu! who told you i'm a criminal? i don come steal for your papa house before? you no get sense for real! people are out there sweating under hot sun doing what's right you behind your phone under your parents roof maybe spitting trash on internet. i'm sure dem still dey feed you for house na why you don't know whatsup about life yet
AIlahuAkbar:
fight for which right?
you this useless and cursed criminal your end is near

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by anochuko01(m): 12:09pm On Oct 12, 2020
Bahdsypha:

They should investigate and try some of the SARS operatives...

Not one SARS operative has been tried in court...not one

1000 Likes
youve said it all....

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by ozonechrome: 12:25pm On Oct 12, 2020
anochuko01:

you probably dont have a family to feed, so you can afford to stay hours inside holdup...

I do have family to feed darling. But you need to realise you are being shortchanged. Unfortunately I have more respect in another man's country than in mine.

You deserve more dear. Don't accept mediocrity.
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by Okoroawusa: 12:39pm On Oct 12, 2020
In all of this no body is demanding an end to internet fraud, kidnapping,cultism n ritual murder that has made Nigeria an eyesore internationally.

Ok o! Let me also join...

#ENDSARS!!
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by sweetrace(f): 12:39pm On Oct 12, 2020
tot:

What stops YOU from protesting the end of the toll?

How do you know I was not one of the few people that came out to protest the hike in the toll a while back at the Lekki/ Ikoyi bridge? The turn out was ridiculously low, yet we all pay the toll.
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by mh53(m): 12:47pm On Oct 12, 2020
Antoeni:
If you have been a victim of their brutality, I say sorry, the New Reforms will put an End to all this Harassment
they are paying lip service to the whole thing, they have been talking about reforms since 2016! I am fed up! FSARs is a state sponsored kidnapping/extortion syndicate. I do a legitimate job but i always have to delete my bank alerts because of these rogues. I have been harassed/beaten,dragged out of an uber and even had my car shot at by these animals. There’s zero accountability! The last resort for me if this fails is to leave the country permanently.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by mrdipye(m): 12:52pm On Oct 12, 2020
Antoeni:
#YahooBoysisNext

This guy is an E-diot
Wait till you get harassed first before you know what it means, thank your stars the body has been proscribed. E-diot
Re: EndSARS: Gridlock In Lagos As Protesters Shut Down Lekki Toll Gate by tot(f): 12:54pm On Oct 12, 2020
sweetrace:

How do you know I was not one of the few people that came out to protest the hike in the toll a while back at the Lekki/ Ikoyi bridge? The turn out was ridiculously low, yet we all pay the toll.

I don't even get the logic. How does toll relate to SARS? One affects people across the different states and has led to loss of lives, the other is located in a single state. These are 2 different issues.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Celebrates His 57th Birthday By Cutting His Cake At Midnight / Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. / We’ve Licensed Telcos To Provide NIN - NIMC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.